[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
UCucks: American Revolution, what's the UK story on it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15
File: ASDFASDFASDF.gif (39 KB, 388x373) Image search: [Google]
ASDFASDFASDF.gif
39 KB, 388x373
Serious question, britcucks.

Obviously, being a much older country and in Europe, your country's history is much more diverse (lol muslims) and rich than the US's, admittedly. A very large chunk of our national history classes are centered around the American Revolution.

What is the angle you faggots are taught?

1. Were the colonials just a bunch of whiny bitches who rebelled against a fair and just king?
2. Was King George III actually being kind of a dick, taxing people 3000 miles away and giving them no representation in parliament?
3. How butthurt are you for losing this 'new land' that developed into the greatest power the Earth has ever seen?
4. Do you have animosity towards the French for fighting against you?

Serious q's, I wanna know what you guys are taught.

We were taught King George was a dick, we rebelled, and the french helped bail us out. Frogbros are eternal friends and we should be nicer to them. We'd likely be singing 'God save the Queen' if not for them.
>>
Put simply: We aren't. Probably because the UK are still fucking ashamed they actually lost a fucking country.

But yeah, you wanna learn that shit in the UK you do it in your own time.
>>
>>69115574
Really? It was a pretty major war....some would argue it was AS important a war that was ever fought, considering the role the US has played in the world political stage especially in the last 100 years.

Well, in case you didn't know, we almost certainly would have lost were it not for the French bailing us out. We aren't explicitly taught THAT angle, but it's definitely true.
>>
>>69115683
I actually agree. We're taught about all the wars we won, but not really anything about the ones we lost. I guess it's because the idea of a powerful Britain still lingers despite everything having gone to shit. Primary School History isn't about anything cool. Year 7-9 History is about Medieval shit and GCSE History is mostly about how Nazi Germany was apparently a terrible idea. and how Germany caused 2 World Wars despite that being untrue too.

Yeah, basically UK History lessons are "Nazis are bad" and "this is how shit went down a thousand years ago."
>>
really wanted more input.....
>>
>>69115897
desu no one really gives a fuck
>>
There's no huge focus on History in school until you decide to take it for a subject later on, but leading up to that point I learnt about Harald Hardrada, Vikings and shit like that. Then it was WW1/WW2/Cold War/Communism/Nazi Germany.

Nobody really cares about it.
>>
>>69115897
There's nothing else to input. You want to know what we're taught about it in standard education? Nothing. Doesn't come up. What else is there to tell you?
>>
>>69116108
>>69116418
What a bunch of cucks. That's a defeatist as fuck attitude.

>tfw u realize you know next to nothing about the vietnam war
>>
>>69116482
well fuck idk. The fact that you lost a territory that became the strongest country in the world? That's not important?
>>
It's not taught in schools. Nobody really cares about it.
>>
File: 1396561846044 copy.jpg (206 KB, 771x960) Image search: [Google]
1396561846044 copy.jpg
206 KB, 771x960
all you need to know
>>
>>69115373
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4irpBDriwE

tl;dw

It was seen in the UK as a civil war, the country was split on whether we should be involved in it, and we could have won if we'd wanted to. The idea that the 'Americans' took on the might of the British Empire and won is really just part of your revised genesis mythos.
>>
File: 1454447876837.jpg (171 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1454447876837.jpg
171 KB, 1280x1024
>>69115373
We don't learn about the American Revolution, we also don't learn about the Napoleonic wars and a whole host of others wars. We only really cover WW1 and WW2 and we do that repeatedly to an obsessive degree.

If you want to learn about other wars you have to do it on your own time, which is annoying because I found Napoleon the most interesting period when I was in school.
>>
>>69116499
>>69116548
Amusingly enough, one thing I did cover in school was 'nam. Do you happen to recall what the Bongistan involvement in that war was? Yeah, nothing. Also, come to think of it, the black civil rights movement. Which also didn't happen here.

Dunno what to tell you lads.
>>
>>69115373

Euros learn and know dick about US history other than a few sprinkled factoids by their gay socalistic eastablishment education about how evil and racist the US is. I mean, they actually fly their nations flag on their homes, own guns, and pee standing up! The barbarians dont even allow their daughters to date multiple negros!
>>
>>69116499
Not really faggot. We have more than 300 years of history to learn about so it's not that important, but of course most people know it happened. What more could you teach about it other than what everyone already knows? Do you want to be taught about wars the UK fought in at school? Doubt it. We also learnt about the Korean War :^)
>>
>>69116676
I realize that in 1774, it puts you at a great disadvantage to have your base 3000 fucking miles away across an ocean. I can imagine many didn't want to be involved in the war. Interesting.
>>
File: 1459026783754.jpg (71 KB, 362x404) Image search: [Google]
1459026783754.jpg
71 KB, 362x404
>>69116756
>60% white
>>
>>69116732
>>69116752
>>69116774
>>69116676

Thanks for the input lads. It was informative, even though your answers were literally devoid of information.

So you just pretend it never happened? Hmm. It's like the greatest thing ever to us Yanks. It's what we point to every time someone tries to take our gunz.

TEH REDCOTES TRIED IT AND LOOK WHAT HAPPENED.
>>
We really don't care. If anything, the war was between the French and us, not us and you retarded hicks
>>
>>69116919
>>60% white

lol I like how you guys progressively make the number lower and lower. keep up the bantz
>>
File: 1374879027203.jpg (79 KB, 679x1019) Image search: [Google]
1374879027203.jpg
79 KB, 679x1019
>>69115373
>>What is the angle you faggots are taught?

We are taught that Britain had to make a difficult decision.

Lose one of it's colonies or lose an opportunity to kick the french.

I think history vindicated their choice.
>>
>>69116988
Nope, nobody pretends it doesn't happen you faggot. We just don't learn about it at school, that's it. What this guy >>69116732 said is all you need to know.
>>
>>69116610
leave my country you british whore faggot jew nigger cuck ass kike beaner noguns pls take me government gay
>>
>>69117198
Enjoy your 60% white paradise. Hahahahaba.
>>
>>69116988
I imagine it's sort of similar to the war of 1812; I'm sure it's nothing more than a footnote in your history books, if you even cover it, but up here in leafland we go on and on about driving back the evil Americans and torching the White House, because it's the only thing we've ever done, aside Vimy Ridge.
>>
>>69116988
It is devoid of information because you asked about what we are taught, the answer is we are not taught about it.

>So you just pretend it never happened? Hmm.
I think it is less that and more just that it is not considered important in our country's history. We also don't learn about Napoleon and he was very important for our history, much more than the US' war of independence was for us.

British history in high schools basically focuses on the 20th century almost exclusively, with the exception being some stuff on the Tudors.
>>
It's just taught as a side-note of the Napoleonic wars if anything

Our history curriculum is very focused around WW1 and WW2, 'recent' history, and before that a rough timeline from the Roman invasion, through through to Henry VIII without too much coverage of the empire
>>
Put very simply the Yanks wanted their cake and to eat it. Parliament was at a loss to understand why the colonies wouldn't accept some of the cheapest taxes in the whole Empire.

American attitudes loved the King right up until the war started, they believed he was being used and abused by Parliament and there was an elite conspiracy. They then realised the King didn't give a shit and got butthurt over it

Incidentally Britain would have won but we were too busy in India and making sure France didn't start to be a dick in Europe (good evidence of this is the large number of Hessian mercenaries in North America).
>>
>>69117302

Basically what this guy said.

Most of the American history i know i learned myself.
...except for like one lesson on native Americans and how we nearly extincted the buffalo...aka the lesson where we played Oregon trail.

God damn why does our history education suck so bad.

If it's not the 20th century it's just not taught really.

I know fuck all about napoleon too.
>>
>>69116988
You have to realise that the Empire was huge, and the American colonies were never the crown jewel, so it makes no sense from our perspective to attach such significance to your independence. Canada was independent a while before you started to emerge as a major power, as you would no doubt have been had you stayed within the Empire.
>>
>>69115373
I'm with Thomas Paine who was a true revolutionary. However he was left disillusioned by the liars and hypocrites who were the dominant faction of the "founding fathers". They were only in it for greed and power.

"Muh freedumz"? Haha as long as you weren't a slave or poor white...
>>
They literally skip about 2-3 hundred years of history for anyone not taking it into further education.

It goes roughly something like

Ancient Greece/Egypt/Rome > Saxons > Normans > Tudors > Stewarts > Victorians > WWI + WWII

We pretty much miss out america and colonialism and anything that is viewed poorly by people.

They get away with it because it's not brainwashing, it's the absence of knowledge.

Disgusting really.
>>
>>69116988
>pretend it never happened?
Not really. There's a lot of history, and schooling doesn't cover much of it. And at least when I was there it pretty deliberately didn't focus on British history.

But yeah, I'd say our perspective is somewhat different as we don't treat it as a defining moment for the UK. We lost 13 colonies of a massive global empire - it's pretty easy to gloss over with jokes about uppity colonials rather than give it any serious attention.
>>
>>69117728
History education is politicised which is why it only really talks about the 20th century. A level History is better in terms of actual content but even then WW1 and WW2 feature heavily once again.

The 18th and 19th centuries are extremely neglected by our curriculum for some reason.
>>
They didn't really lose, just gave up. Most of the army was across the ocean and it was a very expensive and dangerous journey back then. The American revolution was like Britain's Vietnam
>>
>>69117136
>>69117302
>>69117773
>>69117893
I know you guys have way more history to cover and such, like Crusades and whatnot.

Who colonized England? How did this tiny island become the world power for a good 500 years?
>>
>>69115373
We aren't taught about the british empire or the american revolution

they want us to forget.
>>
>>69115373
Oh and well done on independence from monarchist cuck-dom but in round 2, when you tried to annex Canada, you got your asses kicked and your Capitol burnt down.
>>
>>69118454
Got a little big for our britches, for sure.
>>
>>69118536
or 'pantaloons' for you redcoats
>>
We don't learn about British history in school. Otherwise people might actually gain a sense of national pride and identity.

>>69118454
It's ironic, because you're using the American spelling of capital.
>>
Britian has over a millenia of history to learn.

And its not like the only conflict the brits had was Americans. It aint easy being #1. And now its Americas turn to inflict butthurt around the globe.
>>
File: 1368536401772.jpg (47 KB, 725x579) Image search: [Google]
1368536401772.jpg
47 KB, 725x579
>>69117004
>>
>>69115373

Losing America was a prelude to an even greater Empire.

You'll note not even all troops were sent to fight in the war of independence, since there were more important wars going on.
>>
>>69118662

America is an even smaller island than England
>>
>>69115373

>Being a much older country

UK has only existed since 1707, friend.
>>
File: 7UlC6Zo.jpg (284 KB, 1200x868) Image search: [Google]
7UlC6Zo.jpg
284 KB, 1200x868
>>69118838
>>
>>69118642
"Capitol" refers specifically to the US government buildings in DC (they spell capital the same as us)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Capitol
>>
>>69118841
only in name u gay boy
>>
>>69116752
>I did cover in school was 'nam
Same here although it was a subsection of the overall Cold War thing we were doing, nothing about the Korean war though which is strange, since we actually participated in that one.
>>
>>69118838
England is literally smaller than Israel
>>
Who is the George Washington of UK?
>>
>>69119177
http://www.iris.org.il/sizemaps/britain.htm

Israel fits inside England alone.

>>69119193
Alfred the Great? Probably the closest parallel I can think of. He is only for England though.
>>
File: 1459169474154.jpg (10 KB, 138x122) Image search: [Google]
1459169474154.jpg
10 KB, 138x122
>>69119365
>Trusting jris.org
lol ok
>>
>>69119475
>The largest is England, with an area of 130,373 square kilometers (50,337 square miles).

http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Europe/United-Kingdom.html

>Israel's area is approximately 20,770 km2 (8,019 sq mi), which includes 445 km2 (172 sq mi) of inland water.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Israel
>>
>>69119193
>George Washington
That would be Harold Godwinson seeing as they were both shit tacticians.
>>
>>69116676
Yeah an the US could have won Vietnam if they really wanted to.
>>
>>69119656
>nationsencyclopedia
>fucking literally wikipedia
It's not gonna work here you shill, everybody knows those sites are literal Soros fronts.
Fuck off with your disinfo/ignorance
>>
>>69118302
Britain isn't huge, but it really that small either. And a lot of things worked out for us at the right sort of time. Like being part of Europe where the enlightenment happened but being an island to let us avoid a lot of the continent's infighting. Which also helped make us a sea power, hence all the overseas territories.

No, I did not learn any of this in school.
>>
>>69120008
You are retarded. I thought Jews were supposed to be smart?

>>69120003
Technically the US did win the first Vietnamese war as they forced the North to accept the South's right to exist. Then Ford's Congress refused to send troops back in when the north invaded again so the South fell to Communism without US involvement.
>>
>>69117626
Parliment was also at a loss why we wanted seats in Parliment.
>>
>>69119081

>implying
>>
I remember I spent an entire term of high school history learning about roads. Nothing else. Just fucking roads. Holy shit that was boring.
>>
>>69115890
>Primary School History isn't about anything cool
We were taught about Vikings and Romans, I think that was pretty cool. It was mainly about their longboats and the romans trebuchets and testudo.
>>
>>69115373
why don't we jump on twitter try being Muslims take quotes from the quran that says killing infidels,christans,etc etc and saying. This is my religion you must follow it, make people come back to reality, including pissing off feminist, it will be called #islamisthereligonofpeace #youmustfollow

if we can get this trending everyone will see the lies and mistreatment migrants and islam gives. Can pol pull this off it may piss of some sand niggers triggering a race war or terror attack again.
>>69117909
>>
>>69117626
That is called overextending the Empire's resources. A loss is a loss no matter how it was made.
>>
We didn't learn anything about it desu
>>
>>69115373

It's not taught or covered at all

Just as the Seven Years War is not taught

It is not a major part of UK history, just another colony
>>
uh, no one cares
>>
>>69120249
Yeah we went to a fake Viking town and dressed as Vikings and did activities like planting crops etc like the Vikings did. Then we had to do a pretend battle with some guys pretending to be Saxons by doing a shieldwall etc. It was fun as a child.
>>
>>69115890
Doesn't that create some sort of cognitive dissonance about how the UK want from the sun never setting on its empire to fuck the Maldives?
>>
>>69120003
Very true, like Britain in the AWI, you just didn't have the national will to fight the occupants of another country that was resisting hard.

Plus , as Napoleon was to remark, Britain was a "nation of shop-keepers" dominated by rich mercantile interests who found it far more profitable to trade with an independent USA than pay for an occupying army.
>>
>>69117773
What exactly was the crown jewel of the first British empire? India? Oh wait, that was later when India was conquered.

Yeah the Colonies were significant. Canada wasn't Independent until the early 20th century
>>
>>69115373

>1. Were the colonials just a bunch of whiny bitches who rebelled against a fair and just king?
Yes. Most of their problems were with us stopping them from expanding into Native territory because the British government had signed a treaty saying they wouldn't allow expansion, and the taxes we imposed to pay for the soldiers to stop the colonists from breaking the treaty. This whole 'tyrannical overlord' thing is just sour grapes.

>2. Was King George III actually being kind of a dick, taxing people 3000 miles away and giving them no representation in parliament?
They had representation. The American colonies had a whole one MP to represent them!! Yes, it wasn't enough, but there was representation. The taxes they paid were a lot lower than citizens in the UK, and (see above) were mostly to pay to stop them from breaking treaties, ie: acting in an illegal way. If they stuck to the law, the taxes wouldn't have been imposed.

>3. How butthurt are you for losing this 'new land' that developed into the greatest power the Earth has ever seen?
We didn't so much loose it as not put enough effort in to keep it! We were fighting a lot of other people, and expanding territory all the time, so the troops and ships needed to support the operation were much needed elsewhere. But that is always the case with an empire. Yes, it would have been better to still have it into the 19th and 20th centuries, but it didn't really hurt the Empire in the long run. We had plenty of other places to keep. I dare say everything would be different now if things did go our way...

>4. Do you have animosity towards the French for fighting against you?
I always hate the French. They are cheese eating surrender monkeys!!
>>
>>69115373
>3. How butthurt are you for losing this 'new land' that developed into the greatest power the Earth has ever seen?

Not very. The US is a degenerate country (unsurprising given its founding on liberal ideas) and the empire peaked a century after the US gained independence. The US was simply not a relevant country until World War One.

No more than any other Anglo-French war. Plus they went so bankrupt funding the US it led to revolution at home, so they more stupid than anything else.
>>
>>69115373
Schools don't teach it. But my understanding is that the rebels wanted lower taxes (good) an expanded democratic system (bad) and to renounce their British heritage (absolutely haram)
George should have been more willing to negotiate, but at the same time a great number of their demands were just unreasonable. The fact they all bought into French revolutionary propaganda about "freedom and equality" doesn't help.
>>
>>69120555
The British Empire is basically not mentioned.
>>
File: 1454473717019.gif (2 MB, 320x418) Image search: [Google]
1454473717019.gif
2 MB, 320x418
>>69115373
>>
>>69120795
nice revisionist history
>>
>>69120644
Canada became independent in the 1800s. Britain controlled India through the East India Company well before the American Revolution, starting in the 1600s. Holding Gibraltar at the time was also much more important.
>>
File: world_map_1700_1763.jpg (430 KB, 1858x1163) Image search: [Google]
world_map_1700_1763.jpg
430 KB, 1858x1163
>>69120620
Yes, Another way of saying: Britain lost the war.
You only lose a war when you quit.

BTW the British army globally was only 45,000 at the time of the revolution.
>>
>>69121013
We always admired how you managed your descent from empire to island, but we had no idea you forgot you were an empire.

Changing history is dangerous.
>>
>>69121410
>We always admired how you managed your descent from empire to island
I don't. Bloody Socialists ruined us.
>>
>>69115373
I don't think I was taught much of this in history, what little we were I've forgotten.

Basically being a libertarian I think that all taxation is theft and that governments are generally very bad and they should be as small as possible.

What the US fought for was just, but in just a few hundred years you've gone from being free and capitalistic to one of the fastest growing socialistic societies on earth, you talk about unfair overseas tax yet all americans who work overseas are taxed by the US unless you denounce your citizenship which now costs several thousand dollars (and rising)

It's all cyclical what the Brits did to you is nothing your own government isn't now doing to its own people. You can be held unlawfully under various presidental terror acts, seperation of church and state generally fails all throughout your system, you're back to a fiat currency which is what let the british kings control the economy and you now have the most amount of debt in the world as a country.
>>
>>69121180
Self governing entity in the British empire in 1867.

The US was a self governing entity in the British Empire a long time before that, was that not independence? Were the self governing American colonies not part of the English Empire?
>>
>>69120644
The caribbean was far more profitable. The american colonists payed less tax than bretons in britain.
>>
>>69121719
>English Empire
British Empire, the Scots were a great contribution to it all and England probably wouldn't have been able to do it alone.
>>
>>69115373
thank god we won that war or fucking trudeau would be the leader of our country today
>>
>>69115373
I feel sad that I was never taught, nor felt the reason to learn
>>
>>69120821
>The US is a degenerate country (unsurprising given its founding on liberal ideas)

We were literally founded on the same liberal ideas that flourished in your country at the time. Don't you even know your own history? We imported our entire ideology from you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Locke

Also, daily reminder that all of the progressive bullshit such as freeing the slaves, women's suffrage, first and second wave feminism, etc etc were all imported from Europe (mostly the UK).

Eurotards like to claim the US is the cancer killing Europe, but really--it's the other way around. All progressive movements started in Europe first and worked their way to here.
>>
>>69117300
>Canada torched the White House
>>
>>69117829
Wait, is Cromwell included in the Stewarts or is your education literally that cucked?
>>
>>69117300
Yeah we're taught to never trust you rat fuckers
>>
>>69125418
Cromwell is not really mentioned much. The English civil war is covered briefly.
>>
simply just a case of we don't care about american history what so ever, its not taught about in history lessons here and why would we care soo much about a huge wasteland country that would be a never ending burden on our empire
>>
>>69115373
>1. Were the colonials just a bunch of whiny bitches who rebelled against a fair and just king?
They rebelled against the parliament, the parliament had the power, the King didn't. Why the fuck do they teach you that you fought against a King?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rights_of_Englishmen

Your representatives didn't beg the King for anything, you begged parliament..

>2. Was King George III actually being kind of a dick, taxing people 3000 miles away and giving them no representation in parliament?

He was too occupied with being mentally ill and basically dying of disease, not to mention being bossed about by political bullshit. Again PARLIAMENT had the power, has had the power and continues to have the power today.

Why would we be butthurt? It's like raising a child that leaves home and becomes a Doctor when they could have ended up stealing bikes like Africa does. Albeit you're a retarded Doctor that makes mistakes constantly.

Why would we? Do you not get that America was just a proxy battle between the Spanish+French vs England of which the Spanish and French came out a lot worse. After losing the USA the empire actually formed and became powerful, it was a good thing. The US actually went into decline and only began rising to power by arming both sides in WW1 and WW2 to get out of economic depression.

And you claim the French are your friends, they literally begged you for help during the French revolution, they were starving on the streets after the Bourbon monarchy bankrupted France fighting a proxy war for you. You didn't send a single ship with food or troops at all to France.

Some friend you are to them.
>>
>>69115373
Oh how I've missed threads like these. Today, OP was most definitely not a faggot.
>>
>>69118302
Advantage of being a sea faring nation, you learn or you die (like the Irish died LOL)...
>>
>>69125418
The reformation to parliament and monarchy is more attributed to William III who actually did more legal things to separate the two entities.

Cromwell was a radical leader that not many people supported, we were taught about Cromwell but not in depth. Nothing to do with being cucked, you preach that he was some sort of God, he wasn't, he was a very vicious, nasty and cruel individual that people got sick to the back teeth of.
>>
>>69122405

England had colonies before 1707
>>
File: angevin empire.png (26 KB, 322x376) Image search: [Google]
angevin empire.png
26 KB, 322x376
ANGEVIN EMPIRE BEST EMPIRE
>>
>>69122405
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_overseas_possessions
>>
>>69123951
>were all imported from Europe (mostly the UK).
But they weren't most of them were imported from "Germany".

Stein/Berg/Shekelsbein
You think those are UK based surnames? AHAHAHAHAHA, most of the filth and rot within Europe can be traced back to that barbarian filled shit pit known as Germany.
>>
>>69115683
It wasn't as much of a major war as you may think. There's a bigger focus on the napoleonic wars, and the world wars.

In secondary school there was more of a focus on the Elizabethan era and Nazi Germany. Prior to that there was a bigger focus on the norman invasion.
>>
>>69115373

The Empire was centuries long with masses of history, of which the American Revolution is just a small part.

It gets a mention at school, but nothing major, because all the important British Empire shit happened after the Americans left.

Also schools (rightly) figure that we'll learn a lot of that shit from American pop culture anyway.
>>
The British ignore the American Revolution when they can and revise it wholesale when they're forced to confront it because they don't want to acknowledge some hard truths embedded in the affair. Namely, that Lord North, a fat fucking retard of the highest order, botched everything from start to finish because he was a really dumb man, and the British Parliamentary system proved itself totally ineffective in governing a free people, which the British Whigs of the time were slowly starting to realize. They love to pretend that it was no big deal losing most of their New World territory while France and Spain retained most of theirs, because France and Spain simply outplayed the British, though France paid a price shortly thereafter.

The British were incompetent managers. They don't want you to know that.
>>
File: Fotolia_71109515_XS.jpg (64 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
Fotolia_71109515_XS.jpg
64 KB, 400x300
>>69120795
Revisionism stinks
>>
>>69121073
What a badass
>>
File: Symbol of Tyranny.jpg (84 KB, 460x845) Image search: [Google]
Symbol of Tyranny.jpg
84 KB, 460x845
They aren't because they would have to acknowledge they were ever in the wrong. Because as much as it was about tax, it was also about theft of arms. British soldiers were seizing militia musket caches and that stoked far more revolution and resentment than the taxes did.

Do you really think the British government wants to teach its subjects that America told Britain to fuck off because it tried to steal its firearms? Yeah right.
>>
>>69117300
>driving back the evil Americans and torching the White House, because it's the only thing we've ever done

And yet Canadians didn't have anything to do with the burning of the White House and would've gotten BTFO if Britain didn't come and save you.
>>
French fund, arm, train, and lend direct military support to fanatical terrorists to overthrow a legitimate government.

Radical anti-monarchic ideology of Republicanism spreads like wildfire and French royals get decapitated.
>>
>>69120382
Sounds fun as fuck, we made shield wall bunting with each person cutting out an Anglo Saxon then tying them together
Thread replies: 114
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.