[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it only idiots that watch TV now? So I haven't watched
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3
File: 1455404867956.gif (2 MB, 250x141) Image search: [Google]
1455404867956.gif
2 MB, 250x141
Is it only idiots that watch TV now?

So I haven't watched TV in well over two years but today I turned it on to watch the news. After the news I had a flick around and was blown away by what I found, its programmes for idiots all of it, shallow and idiotic.
>>
>>69113963
>calling other people idiots when you can't even spell program
>>
>>69114393
Ugh.

>>69113963
It's designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, and seeing as how most Americans (in my case) like to watch drama in other people's lives, so they can feel better about their own, this type of television has become very "popular", and I use the term loosely.

It's disgusting, but it's apparently very popular with sample audiences.
>>
>>69113963
yep
>>
>>69114804
I watched a programme called storage hunters UK and it was blatantly obvious it was set up and the people where actors. I just couldn't understand the appeal. If you people want reality tv why didn't they just film people who actually do this for a living. Also discovery channel wtf happened there?
>>
>>69113963
Entertainment = jewry
>>
>>69115344
>I just couldn't understand the appeal.
The cool shit they find. Yeah, it's obviously planted but who gives a shit?
>If you people want reality tv why didn't they just film people who actually do this for a living
That would be fucking boring, there'd be not nearly enough cool shit.
>>
Nah. The Internet makes so many people dumber.
>>
>>69113963

>Is it only idiots that watch TV now?

Pretty much

I threw our TV away years ago
>>
>>69113963
It was always idiots that watched TV.
>>
>>69113963

The only television show I'm currently watching is Billions because I like the main actor (ginger) and I think his wife (malin akerman) is sort of hot.
>>
>>69113963
yes.. it's been like this here for years now. Like TV has not been good since the 90ies tbqh. Don't even got a cord anymoar, as I moved my TV and shieeet.

sucks. Also it's all killed with commercials, the only think I watch down stairs is sports. Winter season is soon ended too, so less off that in the time to come
>>
Haven't watched television in 10 years.
>>
>>69113963
It's idiots that what TV on TV. Intelligent people watch television on pirate streaming sites.

Also, TV isn't any worse than other forms of entertainment. There are more shitty books than there are TV shows in existence.
>>
File: 88.jpg (646 KB, 2000x1371) Image search: [Google]
88.jpg
646 KB, 2000x1371
>>69113963

I bought the box sets for breaking bad, dexter and Game of thrones and never looked back
>>
>>69113963
>Is it only idiots that watch TV now?

TV is a lot like junk food. I can get used to eating garbage and actually think I like it. But if I stop for a long enough time, and try it again, I wonder how the hell I ever enjoyed such shit.

And you don't have the commercial cancer that we have. Every few minutes we get reminded that our hemorroids are curable and damn we need to go buy a bigger pickup truck.
>>
>>69117354
>There are more shitty books than there are TV shows in existence.

debatable. but reading a good book will always be more pleasurable than watching an interesting movie or TV show. (that's debatable as well)
>>
>>69117943
>debatable
It's not. At all. In the US alone more than a million books are published per year. Most books are trash. And I mean both fiction and non-fiction. If you don't think so, you simply haven't read enough books. Fiction contains same tired and over used tropes as television shows and more on top of that. There are books about lesbian, katana wielding assassins fighting against the CIA. Absolutely anything can be published as non-fiction as long as someone is willing to claim that it is true. There are literally books classified as non-fiction that not only claim that aliens have visited the earth, but that these aliens appreciate christian spirituality.

There are certainly a lot of good books. And there are books that television will never rival in quality. But let's not pretend that the literary world is not as swamped with trash as television.
>>
>>69119067
>In the US alone more than a million books are published per year. M

oh, I missed that point. yes, it's much cheaper to publish a book.
>>
>>69113963
I can't ever find anything good when I decide to watch TV. Family guy episode where Peter scrapes his knee and whines for 5 minutes, big bang theory, and a shit ton of commercials.

I like my computer much better. I can watch whatever the fuck I want, whenever I want, completely ad-free.
>>
>>69113963
There are a few good shows. I enjoy Game of Thrones, but that's really it
>>
>>69113963
i dont even own a tv, just tablet, smart phine and pc
>>
I haven't watched the Television for 8 years...whats it really like? Is it that bad?
>>
Barely watch TV anymore. Any time I feel the urge, though, I just turn on MEtv. I love the old shows like MASH and Emergency
>>
>>69122345
I only watched for about 2 hours but from what I seen its just shit. Before I moved into my own flat i used to watch a lot of discovery type channels i checked them out today and it was nonsense.

>>69122645
I love mash me and my dad still watch it when i visit for dinner. I read colonel potter died recently :(
>>
>>69119067
and who owns the publishing houses, and decides what gets published?
>>
>>69120017
>completely ad-free.
bliss
>>
File: southPark-caca.png (570 KB, 1343x716) Image search: [Google]
southPark-caca.png
570 KB, 1343x716
>>69113963
>AND THEN OP BECAME EVERY MAIN CHARACTER IN EVERY BOOK THAT MAKES ME CRINGE
>1984
>catcher in the rye
>brave new world
>twilight series
>wahhhh everythings shit
CATCH UP FAGGOT
>>
>is it only idiots that watch tv
Probably, you would have to be pretty stupid to pay for a license to watch over the air broadcasts that TVs can pick up on their own.
>>
>>69113963
Yes. And there's liberal programming in absolutely EVERYTHING these days - no exceptions. Even the most ostensibly benign shows will contain subtle strains of liberalism.
>>
>>69124232
Classic Australia

Never change
>>
>used to watch History channel
>turn on recently
>get dim gaters cleetus durrr
>>
>>69124299
Yeah. I just watched the Heavy Water War series about the Norwegian resistance, and the had to throw in the strong woman who is the one with the most conscience meme. Fucking gag me.
>>
>>69125491
m8 it was the Hitler Channel like 10 years ago. Then again, given where I am most would probably be fine with that.
>>
>>69113963
Yes
Paying a TV licence is a slave thing to do.
Watch catch up and on demand, no licence needed, its retarded anyway if you have internet because you can watch what you want when you want, theres always shit to find on the internet.
BBC have no excuse in 2016 to not be a simple subscription service and they know this.
>>
>>69113963
That gif is fucking funny did he train the bird to attack mormons
>>
>>69115344
>If you people want reality tv why didn't they just film people who actually do this for a living

Because you'd have to film for 1-2 months to find enough material for a single 30 minute episode.

Buying storage units is a crapshoot. 99.5% of them are useless boring crap.

They salt the units to get the drama they need in a reasonable time frame.
>>
>>69125491
I know that feel.

Me and my mom would always watch documentaries on the History channel together, but then Pawn Stars and American Pickers came along and made History Channel say "fuck it."
>>
this is why i only watch cartoons
>>
>>69125921
dis be da tru tru

fucking capita thinking they have a right to ask you questions and search your home
>>
>>69125491
Yeah they realized reality TV is more profitable so now we have shows about fixing cars and selling gold watches
>>69125739
If you want that I think the military history channel still has history related programming, mainly WW2

I haven't watched TV in years though, occasionally I'll turn it on and find the same thing as you though
>>69126499
Most anime is shit though, I love some of it but like 90% of the stuff coming out now is suicide inducing
>>
>>69126883
>Most anime is shit though, I love some of it but like 90% of the stuff coming out now is suicide inducing
i watch venture bros. and harvey birdman reruns, though i dabble in chink toons sometimes. of course 90% of it is shit, but all you need to do is not watch that stuff :)
>>
>>69127765
I just assumed when you said cartoons you meant of the Mongolian variety because 4chan

Some of that stuff was good though, Family Goy really killed good adult cartoons because it's just "make enough poo jokes and badda bing comedy gold!"
>>
If the news wouldnt consist of sole entertainment, nobody would watch them.
>>
>>69113963

Last time I watched TV was in a hotel in Appalachia during a road trip earlier this year.

Mfw when the History Channel reality show about moonshiners was filmed right by where I was staying.

Anyways, haven't owned a TV in years.
>>
>>69120017
You forgot to mention being able to skip past shit parts.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.