[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DUDE EASTER IS TOTALLY ABOUT SEX AND BEING PROMISCUOUS LMAO GO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: easter.png (1 MB, 646x828) Image search: [Google]
easter.png
1 MB, 646x828
DUDE EASTER IS TOTALLY ABOUT SEX AND BEING PROMISCUOUS LMAO GO OUT AND BE A FUCKING DEGENERATE LIKE ME LMAO IT'S JUST SEX LOL LIKE IT'S 2016 LOL GET WITH THE TIMES
>>
>>69107261
The "Islam won't be able to save you if you haven't already ruined your country" continues
>>
>>69107261
Is this inaccurate? Most Christian traditions were started by Constantine when he made Christianity the official state religion.
>>
>>69108662
It is, saw this being shared. Easter was originally a Norse holiday celebrating the goddess Eoster. Since northern europe needed to be converted, many Christian holidays had a change of date to correlate with solstices and festivals. :)
>>
>>69107261
At least you don't have a designated fucking week
>>
>>69109009
But the only reference to Eoster comes from Anglos, who weren't converted until some three-hundred years after Christianity became the state religion of Rome.
>>
>>69107261

>Ishtar
>pronounced Easter

somebody gotta do something about these lying ETERNAL Anglo shits
>>
>>69107261
It is a celebration of spring, which encompasses new life and fertility. We celebrate a deity's return from the dead at the same time that we see life returning to the land.
>>
>>69107261
Also you're retarded OP, but I'll bump the thread because I want more people to shit on you.

Though Freya was the more popular fertility, sex, and war goddess, Eoster was believed to be more regional because worship of her died out pretty easily. She was the bringer of light, the daughter of light. This celebrated vitality, which is why bunnies specifically, not rabbits, and eggs are popular. It isn't necessarily about sex, but it is about the creation of new life.

Were there even rabbits in Mesopotamiaat the time of Ishtar's worship?
>>
>>69107261
Full of shite, it's based off a traditional celebration in Rome celebrating it's founding as a city. People would dress up in pelts and have orgies and races while running around and beating each other with clubs.

Unsurprisingly this shit didn't fly with the Church when it got big.
>>
>>69109213
Ah, my later post mentions that she was a lesser known goddess. St.Bede detailed writings of many Norse gods from the earlier days while he was on missionary work in the Isles, and the holidays they correlated with. Many shrines and temples were converted into churches with statues and runes subsequently destroyed. Rome wanted more resources and a stronger army, and since the Isles were/are rich in iron ore and coal, it was imperative to mould the religion to fit the region.
>>
>>69109713
Can you link me a wikipedia page? That sounds interesting - did it correlate with a lunar event or solstice? Orgies were a typical celebration of such events, but I haven't studied it enough.
>>
>>69107261
With this kind of logic in a million years people will think we pray to a tree at Christmas.
>>
Shouldn't have coopted a pagan fertility festival christfag
>>
>>69109927
Read it in a penguin book. The Classical World.

Could grab it and try and find it for you.
>>
>>69109178
I wish we still did
>>
ITT: people think cavemen having a spring party is sacred
>>
File: house-.jpg (24 KB, 400x267) Image search: [Google]
house-.jpg
24 KB, 400x267
>>69107261
all i did was have a fire to keep the evil spirits at bay then drank beer and killed people on gta
>>
File: 1426118440722.jpg (465 KB, 2745x2057) Image search: [Google]
1426118440722.jpg
465 KB, 2745x2057
>>69110044
lol fuckin wannabe aussie
>>69109927
He's fucking with you dude.
>>
>Anglo education
Well, I for one am laughing pretty hard.

>Eostra
Let me laugh even harder!
>>
>>69108662
Yes, Ishtar is pronounced pretty much how you would expect, and she isn't associated with either rabbits or eggs.

Eostre, mentioned here >>69109009
is maybe as close as you could get to the 'pagan' roots of easter, but even that one is debatable.
>>
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 639x673) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 639x673
>>69109302
This guy gets it.
>>
>>69110199
>>69109927
Actually I fucked up, it's the origin of St. Valentines day, Lupercalia, not Easter.
>>
>>69107261
>A Christian is butt hurt because people point out that his crazy shithead religion transparently co-opted pagan festivals so it could compete for worshippers
Another normal day. The point isn't that Easter is about promiscuity and fucking, the point is your religion is fucking obviously retarded and anyone who isn't a mind wiped fundy can see it.
>>
>>69109009
>Easter was originally a Norse holiday celebrating the goddess Eoster
>>69110336
>>69109783
>>69109213

There is no evidence of any Norse god named Eoster. No such diety is mentioned in the Edda stories.

Also this only makes sense in English where they say "Easter" instead of Pache or like here in norway "PĂ„ske". No other language calles it anything like "Easter". So even if it was true that the name is taken from some other diety the rituals and so on obviously have another orgin.
>>
>>69111815
I know, that's why its still extremely debatable. She is attested to basically once, from a source nearly two millenia removed from when it would be relevant to pagan vs christian roots of easter. While the rabbit was a german addition, the eggs have literally been traditional since forever, and easter as a holiday was a tradition started by the disciples themselves.

The exact date has moved around some, but I don't think a bunch of guys in the middle east and greece were up on esoteric germanic druid rituals on the other side of the continent enough to have 'stolen' the idea from them.
>>
>>69111815
Eostre is mentioned in Bede's Reckoning of Time
>>
ITT: butthurt christfags
>>
>>69112965
Missed that one. Still a mentioning some 800 years after Easter had been a thing.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.