[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is /pol/ against gentrification?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
File: gentrification.jpg (116 KB, 1024x725) Image search: [Google]
gentrification.jpg
116 KB, 1024x725
Why is /pol/ against gentrification?
>>
We're not, it removes degenerates and low lifes and let's real citizens enjoy their city again.
>>
Because I heard it displaces low income residents.

On a related note, what is it?
>>
I love how it's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation for whites
>whites live in their nice, middle-class neighborhoods
>they're called racists and cowards and privileged and everything else
>some whites agree and start moving to these non-white, poor neighborhoods
>they're called evil and privileged for making the neighborhoods nicer
>>
>>69101630
Why would anyone be against it?
>>
>>69101630
Depends on the neighborhood.
>>
It's micro-level globalization.
>>
>>69102315
poor-middle class folks like myself who own or are paying for homes "in the middle of nowhere" being surrounded by urban youth culture.
>>
>>69101630
i'm not, its progress
>>
>>69102675
find a way to get rich off the young and stupid or move
>>
>>69102804
yeah I'll just start husslin on the corner with my new neighbors. ooooo I could start baby sitting for the government like all my new obese coal burning friends.
>>
>>69101630
>gentrification displaces low-income residents
Mass-immigration does too, except the gentrifiers at least pay taxes.
>>
>>69101630
>against gentrification
Yeah fuckin right
>>
>>69101809
>On a related note, what is it?
Gentrification is making something nice that the value of the area increases. And when it increases, the cost of living to live there increases. For low income residents, this means rent increases to the point that they can no longer afford to live there, forcing them out to cheaper and often undesirable areas with lots of crime.

So a poor nigger who managed to get into a cheap but decent community will eventually get evicted because the rent goes too high that his pay from his KFC job won't be enough.
>>
It's like a good version of what happens when a white neighbourhood gets taken over by immigrants

For some reason people are more against it?
>>
I personally feel its pretentious

They want to revitalize down town of my city

But they are just going to throw 100s thousands dollars of paint and nick nacks at a shit hole that will still be full of degenerate low lifes
>>
File: woyang.jpg (104 KB, 796x744) Image search: [Google]
woyang.jpg
104 KB, 796x744
>>69103136
This.

It starts like this:
> poor people live in a part of town, it's dangerous and full of crime.
> some college kids and hipsters move in, because it's cheap, and they don't mind getting mugged (in comparison to suburban whites)
> the place starts to become "cool" and "hip", shops and restaurants start to open up
> as it continues, richer people start to notice, and start to buy the land, driving prices up
> poor people (they certainly don't own their land, they're all renters) are now being "forced" to pay higher rent (their old landowners either raise their rent, or they cash out and sell to people who will)
> the place now looks nice, is clean and has little to no crime, and all the poors now live somewhere else in town

People act like it's genocide, it's ridiculous
>>
NPR did a week long story over gentrification. One day, the host was calling whites evil and racist for daring to move to black neighborhoods, and he had a guest on talking about how poor neighborhoods are safe spaces for niggers or whatever.

Then some dude from Colorado called and said he and his wife were broke so the bought some cheap house in some poor neighborhood in Colorado. Then he said his nigger neighbors would stop him on the street and tell him to get out and that he didn't belong there.

In a rare showing of neutrality, the host pressed the guest speaker and asked if that was okay. If it was okay for the nig nogs to act like racists and try to get the whites to leave.

She then launched into this insane rant about how blacks need their own neighborhoods and that black neighborhoods need to stay black because muh racism. She said basically that whites need to stay out of black areas but that whites have no place to complain about diversity coming to their neighborhoods.

It was really bizarre and hypocritical, though it really summed up how NPR had been covering, and how liberals feel, about the issue. Black neighborhoods for blacks and white neighborhoods for everyone.
>>
>>69103657
>>69103136
And there are people who are actually against making an area nice?
>>
>>69101630
it splits up communities, the poor are forced out first and so a slum is created elsewhere in the city

the richer half of the community then move to a different place, not wanting to live in the newly created slum; which removes all the support from the slum

desu land development just raises the house prices across the board
one area becomes more expensive and propertys sit vacant
the other area low end housing becomes more expensive as sarcity increases

then you get the issue of a "rich centre" where the service providers can't afford to live, and you have people driving hours into citties for work each day as cleaners

suits only hipsters and jews
>>
>>69103895
Sounds about right. I can't listen to NPR more than 5 min without turning it off, because the story could be about badminton and they would inevitable turn it in to a story about the racial disparities in badminton and how some young african american team is going to change all that. lol.

My favorite one was they were doing a story about free community college because Obama had been bringing it up in some speeches. They were going off on how it would be so good for low income students and minorities. They go and interviewed a young black lady attending one of the community colleges and asked her what she thought about the policy. She ended up being AGAINST the policy, as you see she was already attending college for free. Dem programs lol.
>>
>>69101630
It's great. It takes shitty places ruined by niggers and liberals and makes them great and white again.
>>
>>69103895
I say we build walls around all the ghettos and see how they like it.
>>
>>69103657
You've described Crown Heights in Brooklyn to a T. Ironically now it's the white hipsters in that neighborhood being forced out because they can't afford the rent.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.