[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>get STEM degree from top 10 uni >apply for jobs >have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 26
File: image.jpg (46 KB, 535x577) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
46 KB, 535x577
>get STEM degree from top 10 uni
>apply for jobs
>have to take online IQ and psych tests for most of them (they don't accept CV or cover letters anymore)
>get automated rejection emails the next day
>don't even know how badly I did in the IQ tests

how the fuck do I increase my IQ if its genetic /pol/
>>
>>69096235
>He fell for the STEM meme
When will stemfags learn?
>>
File: 1459044951583.jpg (66 KB, 419x249) Image search: [Google]
1459044951583.jpg
66 KB, 419x249
>>69096235
shoedn't yu haff teken wan schunner?
>>
>>69096235
>apply for STEM job
>have 15 years experience
>take online test
>all questions are about morality
>get automated rejection email 24 hours later, to the minute
>inknowthatfeel.jpeg

I'm starting to think they are accepting applications just so Obama can say he's creating jobs.
>>
>>69096235
You can't. My brother is very very smart and I'm a dumbass who reads a lot. I know shit but I'm a dumbass
>>
>>69096816
>>take online test
>>all questions are about morality

What?

>>69096235
>they don't accept CV or cover letters anymore

What?

Is this another meme or is it real?
>>
>>69096235
>getting stem degree in uk
>measures weight in stones
>dates are listed as month/day/year
>things are weighed in pounds (1 pound ~ 0,458kg)
>etc.

Gee, i wonder why nobody wants you
>>
>people in the world of hiring seriously consider an online IQ test a reliable source of information

whew lad just avoid them
>>
>>69096816

How fucking stupid are you?

You're supposed to answer so you don't look like the person they don't want to hire.

It's not where you can freely answer without consequence.
>>
>>69096235
>STEM meme
>>
>>69097235
Boomers don't have to do any kind of these stupid IQ or psych tests. Its only the millenials that do.
>>
If you're black or female you have no hope
>>
>>69097235
>if somebody stole something would you turn them in
>is it better to finish on time but do a mediocre job or finish late and do an above average job

They never asked me one tech question.
>>
>>69097456
this

just question yourself what the company wants and be the men they want. it's kind of cheating but who cares.
>>
>>69097664
Boomers weren't half nigger and heavily influenced by it.

Pass or die, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>69097664
>>69098564

This shit is fucking outrageous.

And I know why they'd put them in. It's just another diversion to create an appearance of system when the job market is becoming increasingly nepotistic. They want to be able to fail you on some vague bullshit question so they don't have to work by merit.
>>
>>69096235
You don't. That is why the info is useful to employers. Just move to the US, it is probably illegal to test IQ here because dindus.
>>
I think it's actually the opposite. They want to hire more stupid people to meet their diversity quotas.
>>
Practice this iqtest.dk
>>
>>69096235

Which company asks for IQ tests in the UK? That's illegal under discrimination laws.

By the way, IQ is a about 40% - 60% genetic. The rest is environment.
>>
>>69098564
Anyone who has worked in the tech private sector knows that shitty work done quickly is always better than great work done too slowly.
>>
I did a test with Revelian a few weeks ago for an internship that I was really wanted in corporate finance and got auto-rejected the next day after doing some shitty Theme Park Hero game test where I had to solve puzzles very fast. Wasn't expecting such short time limits and half of my answers didn't register in time. Using a trackpad didn't help either.

Dont worry though OP. I would consider myself smart - was in gifted/talented student programs as a kid, getting top results at uni and doing external academic courses but shit like that happens to the best of us. I would say part of the reason is lack of preparation and technique.

Unless you actually are dumb, keep trying. You will get used to doing them and they will become very easy.
>>
>>69096235
>>69096816
Protip : there isn't any position available actually. They are just asked to be pretending to hire.
>>
>get genealogy done
>found small % native american
>apply to everything as native american
>fuckin ez get into whatever i want
>>
Be careful not to fail too many times... There's an employee blacklist in a few countries around the world and they all share it with each other.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703389004575033583145567138
>>
>>69099108
A fool thinks himself to be wise where a wise man knows himself to be a fool.
>>
>>69098564
>is it better to finish on time but do a mediocre job or finish late and do an above average job

This doesn't even make any sense. So whats the point of setting deadlines if you're just going to finish late anyway and do an "above average job"?
>>
File: image.jpg (132 KB, 1012x712) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
132 KB, 1012x712
You're posting on /pol/ so it's probably the psych test you're failing. Remember to hide your power level.
>>
>>69097235
>don't accept CV or cover letters anymore

>Is this another meme or is it real?

Real. Human Resources retards made it a new "thing" in the HR "profession." 50 year old HR faggaots sitting around inventing new ways to get revenge on people who actually did something with their academic career because they had the brains to do it ... HR gets paid six figures to come up with this shit while low-balling STEM graduates in the $40k range.
>>
>Get my math masters degree
>300k starting anywhere I want

Damn it feels good to be smart haha
>>
File: 1457551562437.png (13 KB, 239x211) Image search: [Google]
1457551562437.png
13 KB, 239x211
>>69096235
IQ DONT REAL GOY BUT JEWS ARE THE SMARTEST

OH YOU WANT A JOB? TAKE THIS IQ TEST!
>>
>>69098979
Yes. Only the Military can outright IQ test. They call it GT score.
>>
>>69098564
>>if somebody stole something would you turn them in
>>is it better to finish on time but do a mediocre job or finish late and do an above average job

years ago, someone pointed out that the honesty/morality screeners know that they eliminate the hopelessly dishonest applicants along with the scrupulously honest applicants, because nobody believes that truly honest people exist.

so the hard part is deciding how honest you want to appear.

but the real thing is this: if you get a degree in a real field and you are actually smart, HR will not be able to reject you because they think you will pilfer paperclips, because the department head that wants you will be able to hire you anyway.
>>
>>69099198

>Leaf.

It was my first experience with online testing family.

I did a few more online tests with some different companies and progressed past all of them. They weren't Revelian testing though.
>>
>>69099441
What kind of jobs?
>>
>>69099159
Headhunters are the scum of the Goddamn Earth.
>>
File: image.jpg (860 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
860 KB, 2048x1536
>>69096235
>STEM degree
>>
>>69099055
>Which company asks for IQ tests in the UK?

Pretty much the majority

http://www.psychometric-success.com/psychometric-tests/psychometric-tests-introduction.htm

>That's illegal under discrimination laws.

Nah its a big industry. Employers license out these IQ tests from independent "human resource consulting" firms who frequently change the style in order to prevent past paper practise.

Those that do pass them generally don't even prepare / or let their friends do it for them.
>>
>>69099198
Truer words have never been spoken
>>
>>69099659
I want Caramel and Keks chocolate.
>>
>>69099599

Any I want
>>
>attend top uni in country (yes i know Australia but fuck you it's not that bad)
>Deans list for chem eng twice
>speak 2 languages fluently
>Have 3 years work experience, 2 in office environment, half a year in retail and half a year on a farm
>forced to write a cover letter and resume for positions at hungry jacks/mcdonalds etc.
The most humiliating part is not even hearing back from them
>>
File: 2pyzz2x.jpg (55 KB, 600x431) Image search: [Google]
2pyzz2x.jpg
55 KB, 600x431
>>69096235
>STEM
>>
>Have 10 universities in your country
>Graduate with a barely passing grade
>Can brag on the internet about le stem degree at a top 10 university
>>
>>69099737
Sure, I'm just wondering what the options are.
>>
File: iq pleb.png (43 KB, 622x522) Image search: [Google]
iq pleb.png
43 KB, 622x522
http://www.queendom.com/tests/access_page/index.htm?idRegTest=3108

Step up nigga.
>>
>>69099807
>, 2 in office environment, half a year in retail and half a year on a farm

you do realize that that is pretty much worthless for a chemical engineer, don't you? how is it that you have zero lab experience? and mcdonalds is not going to hire someone who is way overqualified and is going to leave the minute you get the engineering job you want.

keep looking; jobs are out there for talented people.
>>
>>69099725
It didn't taste great desu senpai

I just bought it to take a picture
>>
>>69099108

Trying to parse your post into comprehensible English reveals an alternative, much more likely scenario under Occam's Razor: you're a complete dumbfuck.
>>
>>69099715
>All these mountains of information just to even get considered for an interview

You legitimately need to take a very expensive course to get past HR's bullshit. Unbelievable. This reminds me a lot of these union fags that complicate their responsibilities as much as possible to increase their job security. Fuck HR departments.
>>
>>69098782
Fuck off boomer nuthugger.
>>
>>69099159
I think if you're not some hot shot normie or a complete antisocial NEET, your chances of getting blacklisted are pretty slim....

right /pol/? right???
>>
>Go to an interview
>asked to pretend to be a consultant and read through a document and give a fictional company advice based on that
>document says that supply lines in Africa are under threat from terrorism
>recommend that we leave Africa
>'What about the people in africa?'
>>
>>69099960
Oh I'm just applying for part time work atm, applied for a few internships over the holidays but the only one of my mates was successful - his dad's friend was big cheese somewhere. We do labs as part of our coursework.
>>
Get a group of people together to take it.

I did it with some friends and it worked very well, we scored in the 99th percentile. I know if i did it on my own i would have fucked up badly.
>>
>>69099807
They should call it a a DOLE degree m8

Shits fucked i havent been able to get work all year
>>
File: smug finnish girl.jpg (598 KB, 2304x3456) Image search: [Google]
smug finnish girl.jpg
598 KB, 2304x3456
>>69096235
>STEM
>Not doing a foreign language
>>
>>69100109
I wish so badly I could get in a situation like that
>>
>>69099129
>50% Puerto Rican
>can't speak Spanish
>look white during the winter
>put down I'm Hispanic or Latino
>could just put down that I'm white and no HR shill would second guess me aside from my name
>probably fucking up my chances at most jobs because they don't want to hire spics
>>
>>69100109
What about them? Unless the company is known for their humanitarian work, it's your job as a consultant to assess risk to the bottom line, not consider the welfare of other countries.
>>
I'm I getting meme'd into a stem degree? Currently doing EE 2nd year and I am getting doubts about it. Should I have done a trade instead?
>>
>>69099807
Have you tried applying for work outside of your field?

I studied accounting/finance and ended up employed in Software Engineering.

.....Now i am paid more than i think i'd have ever gotten in accounting(atleast at a non-managerial level).
>>
>>69100109
>Arrange for safe passage to the West
>give all African refugees immediate citizenship
>though there will be initial pains at first, in the long run they will become productive members of society and increase overall GDP growth

Pretty sure you would have been hired on the spot. This is actually what most consulting firms preach anyway.
>>
>>69096235
Tinfoil people like Alex Jones claim Iodine pills can help boost your IQ. Also, filtering the fluoride out of your drinking water is supposedly a way to help too.
>>
>>69100409
Am*
>>
File: 1436946926399.gif (396 KB, 280x280) Image search: [Google]
1436946926399.gif
396 KB, 280x280
mfw my friends are carpenters building residential houses in the pacific northwest in washington state making 80k a year
>>
>>69100106
The problem is you will never know but these lists do exist and your name will be shared to all employers who claim not to do this but totally do.
>>
>>69100409
As long as you can get relevant work experience in your field you should be fine.

If not, then your degree would still be a minimum requirement for a job at Mcdonalds anyway
>>
>>69097301
454grams to the lb achmed
>>
>>69096235
Read good books, about politics and philosophy. Even if they don't increase your native intelligence (which they may well) they will increase your vocabulary and theoretical skills, which there's sometimes a component of on IQ tests.

I've never heard of this IQ testing for jobs bullshit, that sounds absolutely awful. Good luck OP
>>
>>69100413
>I studied accounting/finance and ended up employed in Software Engineering.

Excuse my Arabic but how the fuck did that happen?

Did you take a programming course while you were studying accounting?
>>
>>69097301
>month/day/year
>uk
What.
>>
>>69100736
If you're a millennial theres no escape from IQ tests. Virtually all reputable companies require you to do them. Unless you get in by knowing someone high enough in the company who can override the HR cock block...
>>
>>69100106

I don't know about America, but I'm fairly sure blacklists are illegal in the uk.
>>
>>69100736
Fuck this loser.

>>69096235
OP, take a bunch of these tests (they're all the same pattern matching shit anyway) until you know what the answers are, then take the test with a bunch of people around who also know the tests and smash it.

They aren't testing your honesty, they're testing your ability to get the job done.
>>
>>69097301
>dates are listed as month/day/year

Its listed as day/month/year in the UK, Mohammed
>>
>>69097301
top kek
learn to metric, faggots
>>
>>69100959
Fuck you too, arsehole.

>>69100893
Fuck working for the corporate world T B H
>>
>>69100952
>but I'm fairly sure blacklists are illegal in the uk.

Weed is also illegal. Doesn't stop most people from smoking it.
>>
>>69100893

They're just pattern recognition tests, they really aren't that hard
>>
>mfw STEMfag
I don't even like this shit. But then again, I don't like anything at all and I also don't wanna work a wageslave job.
Live fucking sucks.
>>
>>69100769
I had some knowledge of VBA and SQL from working with data in Excel/Access and i took a few introductory courses in my spare time on Coursera.

So i applied for a software Eng job at a bank and i was hired due to having knowledge of accounting/finance and some coding skills.

Probably the best decision i made given the job security and benefits.
>>
>>69101109
Its not hard for people who already have high IQs, yes...
>>
>>69099807
Kek, chem eng here too mate. Nice to know Im just as unemployable
>>
>>69101726
dont be so stupid then bong.

else just train IQ test. Do a couple each day and you will improve since the questions are always based around the same logic.

but most of all; dont be so fucking dumb bong
>>
>>69096235

buy a few books about iq test contents, train your brain with regularly doing logic puzzles

friends of mine used to do this, so they could claim they were "super smart"
>>
>>69099807
>speak 2 languages fluently

is this what anglos consider an achievement nowadays? Not wonder the Anglo sphere is suffering.
>>
As a high school dropout I can say my inaction was my strength.

I wish for the best for you OP and hopefully one day get a job that reflects your time in uni.
>>
>>69096235
You can train it to a certain level. Just repeat tasks that come often in these tests
>>
>>69096235
LinkedIn
>>
>>69096235
Your IQ was too high. It needs to be below 80 to get a job now days.

So do a lot of drugs, that should fix it.
>>
>>69102027
m8 in the distance it takes for you to cross 3 linguistically distinct borders i wont have left my home state.
>>
>fall for the STEM meme
>graduate with first class honours from top uni
>get my phd in applied cybernetics and information theory
>in £200,000 worth of debt
>apply for literally hundreds of jobs
>only McDonalds contacts me back and they want me to do a fucking IQ test and psychiatric evaluation before they'll consider me for an internship there
>currently selling all my shit on ebay and signing on for money

i want to fucking die
>>
>>69101726

Do practice tests. There's plenty that can be done for free and the 'rules' that you're expected to be able to recognise are mostly very similar between tests.
>>
>>69102242

I was a shitter in highschool too, I wish I applied myself a bit more, but that's life. Going to school at 24 has given me a lot more time to look at the job market and make a choice in career, rather than jumping into a dumb degree and wasting my money and time.
>>
>>69102625
That was a funny read, but you messed up with the internship bit. Fast food establishments don't do internships.
>>
>>69096235
Yeah, but what is your Klout score?
>>
>>69097235
>>69099418

Some firms do this nowadays. Something about grade transcripts and university not mattering anymore and about social equality bla bla.

I think Ernst & Young in London had this recently. A total disaster.

However Human Resource people are mostly the bottom of the barrel women from business schools, so they fall for this kind of bullshit. After work they got out an align their chakras with vaginal muscle massages and get their bonos treated through the zone theory and other pseudoscience.
>>
>>69102488
and that somehow makes it impressive that you can speak more than one language? Like wow holy shit!
>>
>>69102451
>drugs lower iq
found the flid
>>
>>69096816
>I'm starting to think they are accepting applications just so Obama can say he's creating jobs.

This. Plus they really want to hire internally, but make a public job opening to satisfy some law.
>>
>>69101726

this shit isn't an excuse, I'm tired of the IQ meme

people with high IQs aren't wizards or some shit, everybody has the ability that they do. you can still probably run a marathon if you tried and Mo Farah would kick your arse, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't bother doing it yourself even if you'd do it slower than him
>>
>>69102779

that was the only part i laughed at while writing it tho

the idea of being in competition to win the chance for a possible unpaid internship at mcdonalds is hilarious
>>
>>69102852
>After work they got out an align their chakras with vaginal muscle massages and get their bonos treated through the zone theory and other pseudoscience

I love Finnish people.
>>
>>69102745
>I wish I applied myself a bit more, but that's life
It would have been too my detriment as my family ended up homeless when I was months away from graduating. I wish I had a dream/ career goal, but I'm in my 30s without a GED and don't see myself able to start at the absolute bottom or viable in a job market.
>>
>>69102779

I thought it was pretty funny. Plus it's also just enough to make it obvious to the reader that the poster knows he's making a joke rather than making up a scenario in his head about how he genuinely believes adopting for a job would go.
>>
>>69097235
No really care about cover letters here but CVs still important.
>>
>>69096235
>get STEM degree
>apply for job as a researcher
>no CV required, only IQ test
>score so high that they reject me, say that it would be intimidating to my coworkers
>now am NEET who browses /pol/ all day
Damn my perfect Aryan genetics
>>
>IQ, Psych-test

Even if you like to work in a Call Center, you need to go trough those.

Welcome in the current year.
>>
>>69096235
>he fell down the stairs meme
>>
>>69096235
>get STEM degree from top 10 uni
>have low IQ
How?
>>
>>69103078

That's a rough place to be man, but the only way to improve your situation is to pick a goal and work towards it. I'm sure most people would understand your situation if you explained it to them, maybe get a sympathy hire...

Unless you're a filthy white cis male
>>
>>69099418
>Real. Human Resources retards made it a new "thing" in the HR "profession." 50 year old HR faggaots sitting around inventing new ways to get revenge on people who actually did something with their academic career because they had the brains to do it ... HR gets paid six figures to come up with this shit while low-balling STEM graduates in the $40k range.

>>69102852
>However Human Resource people are mostly the bottom of the barrel women from business schools, so they fall for this kind of bullshit. After work they got out an align their chakras with vaginal muscle massages and get their bonos treated through the zone theory and other pseudoscience.

This. Even Steve Jobs didn't have nice things to say about HR people.
>>
File: 147veryniceuuuuuu.png (149 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
147veryniceuuuuuu.png
149 KB, 1366x768
>>69099951
gooby pls
>>
File: spurdo carl.png (54 KB, 454x439) Image search: [Google]
spurdo carl.png
54 KB, 454x439
>>69096235
>apply for a job in procurement logistics, job involves no leadership in any shape or form
>interview goes well but they say I have to take an "evaluation"
>go to Helsinki shithole for the evaluation
>"not recommended due to insufficient capabilities for leadership"
>rejected

>apply for the same company a month later
>get hired as a shift supervisor
>mfw
>>
>>69096951
I know the feel.
>>
>>69099807
Can you intern a day or two days a week? It sucks but its probably better than nothing at this point in career progression.
>>
File: cea.jpg (503 KB, 1400x1102) Image search: [Google]
cea.jpg
503 KB, 1400x1102
>>69103237
>>
>>69097301

>being a germ
>>
>>69096816
>>69096235

yeah, we gonna need picks
>>
File: 4loopv.png (572 KB, 642x479) Image search: [Google]
4loopv.png
572 KB, 642x479
How bad is business management and analysis degree for a normie? Seems broad enough to work at any company, but I wouldn't know.
>>
>>69098564
Yeah I get these shit questions too
>>
>>69103562
It's a bad degree. It is not very respected. Getting a degree in economics, finance or accounting is much better for that stuff.

Working in a job with a description close to "business management/analysis" is fine.
>>
>>69103231
Nigger. AffirmAct.
>>
>>69099055
Supposedly in america it became illegal to give IQ tests(muh racism). This lead to colleges becoming prerequisites for work in STEM whereas before it was all about spacial ability and raw talent, but now you have to go to college AND PASS an IQ test? WTF????
>>
>>69096235
What a loser.
Haven't even finished uni and got a job simply due to high IQ test results.
Thank fuck for those things, otherwise I would actually have to compete with sheeple.
>>
File: MY_IQ_MARCH_28_2016.jpg (30 KB, 646x313) Image search: [Google]
MY_IQ_MARCH_28_2016.jpg
30 KB, 646x313
>>69101966
>>69102271
>>69102451
>>69102665
>>69102825
>>69103231
>>69103293
>>69099951

I took an IQ test just now and this is my score.

Legit thinking about killing myself desu
>>
>>69104699
Oh fugg
>>
>>69096235

IQ is genetic, but the test can be learned. Of course, when someone does prep for an IQ test, the correlation between performance on the test and IQ isnt as strong.
>>
>>69103479
Despite of the mudslim-crisis i am happy to be born in Germany.

Can get as many mrts, x-rays and medical treatment for Everything for free since i am a university-student under 25
Get paid to study
Literally don't pay Student loans
Have comfy flat and vdsl for shitposting
My degree will be valid almost everywhere in the World

Step your game up amerifat
>>
File: 1360790647316.jpg (15 KB, 380x303) Image search: [Google]
1360790647316.jpg
15 KB, 380x303
>>69099108
>UK is gone
>Australia is gone
>US is gone

Holy fuck where is there left to run
>>
>>69104699
Time to grind the tests, m8.
>>
>>69102625
This must be bullshit... what the fuck? Where exactly did you apply?
>>
>>69096235
>not working while getting a degree

Enjoy your jobless life
>>
>>69102625
>graduate with first class honours from top uni
>get my phd in applied cybernetics and information theory
>only McDonalds contacts me back

this has got to be bait
>>
>>69096235
Because you didn't apply as a genderfluid black womyn.
>>
>>69096235
IQ tests are only accurate the first time you take them. You probably failed at the pattern shit, everyone does, just take free online IQ tests that take at least 30-60 minutes (everything else is buzzfeed shit) and you will be fine. You can actually "train" the IQ that is being tested
>>
>>69099807
>http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703389004575033583145567138

Studying chem eng - too many attractive women in ChemE taking all the top teir grad jobs. At least in EE the supply of women is sufficiently low that they can't hit us with the affirmative action hammer.
>>
>>69096235
>Make Resume
>Apply for jobs
>Get interest
>Accept job after interview

Also, MAGA.
>>
>>69099922
Not many.
And 300k starting is a Meme from /sci/.

How does it feel your work won't matter for society in stem if youre not autistic or have assburgers?

>300k starting
>not having autism
Chose one
>>
>>69096235
I wouldn't apply for a job that uses IQ as qualification
>>
I recently did an IQ test for a job. OP is right, the worst part is never knowing how you did if you don't get hired. I haven't done an IQ test since I was in school being test for gifted (which I got into) and I felt like a real dumbfuck taking it this time.
>>
>>69099807
>chem eng
That's where you went wrong
>>
>>69099275
Oh idk a quality product or something
>>
you're probably an autist and failing the psych tests. Businesses want people who can actually work and communicate with others
>>
>>69097301
>confusing the UK with the USA
Want to know hiw I know you're not from Europe, Mehmet?
>>
>>69098564
>>if somebody stole something would you turn them in
I would quietly talk to them and if they refused to return the stolen property, I would turn them in.
>>is it better to finish on time but do a mediocre job or finish late and do an above average job
Talk to the manager and tell him that you need more time to finish, or ask him which would be preferable.
>>
File: allahsux.gif (1 MB, 294x240) Image search: [Google]
allahsux.gif
1 MB, 294x240
>>69096235
Wow, you got a shitty stem degree. I study plant genetics and motherfuckers are lining up for me to work for them

https://soundcloud.com/couchtruthing/mudshit-revolution
>>
>>69099549
>along with the scrupulously honest applicants, because nobody believes that truly honest people exist.

this is the shit women pull when they break up with you because "you're just too good for me!" did a woman in some HR shithole write this questionnaire?
>>
>>69110305
So you don't weigh yourself in stones?

>twf i weigh 10stones
Which stones?
>heavy ones
>>
File: 1457922135418.png (600 KB, 665x481) Image search: [Google]
1457922135418.png
600 KB, 665x481
>live in south
>no one here does STEM
>get a shitty CS degree from a shitty uni
>graduating this winter
>have a job interview tomorrow (in the bag) for a software QA dev, $20/hour starting, $50k salary after 6 months

Location, location, location.
>>
>>69098742
>>69097456
Easier said than done, seems like you guys haven't applied for a job in a while. I filled out the questionnaire as what I thought was the perfect employee and get auto-rejected pretty quick
>>
File: 101182420.jpg (77 KB, 340x503) Image search: [Google]
101182420.jpg
77 KB, 340x503
>>69110341
this gif demonstrates the necessity for proper equipment maintenance
>>
File: 1418666399599.png (264 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1418666399599.png
264 KB, 1000x1000
STEM is essentially fucked because of the Chinese. I can hire a math Ph.D. Chinese who speaks English and went to top tier university for $65K. And that's the most expensive one.

It's very simple, really. The Chinese are trying to get out of China, so the rich Chinese buy properties in expensive urban areas of US & send their kids to US schools. By the time the kids graduate, they have a STEM degree and they don't give a shit about the money because the parents are loaded anyway. They get any US job at any salary because of visas, and slowly move the parents into the US. The people who are under assumption that STEM will make them money simply can't compete with the sheer amount of the Chinese who don't care how much they get paid, and just want the visas.

There are literally thousands of resumes that I saw with top schools credentials. You can have a highly qualified guy for $50K or under.
>>
>>69110491
I'm still in college, but just finished a co-op that was basically spot-checking transmission outages for an RTO. $20.75/hr, but it is in the Northeast where things are more expensive. I guess $20/hr is fine since mostly everything is cheaper in the south.
>>
>>69102625
bloody hell pombrah thats rought as fuck please elaborate
>>
Getting a job is all about bullshitting nowadays. Honesty gets you nowhere, even if you have excellent grades. I have to lie on my resume to get interviews, but it doesn't even matter, because they'll find out you're a sperg eventually. People like me are doomed.
>>
>>69096235
>>have to take online IQ and psych tests for most of them (they don't accept CV or cover letters anymore)

Tips on psych test: If it's for a management position then answer like a psychopath. Completely heartless and egotistic. Because that shows that you are management material and can do difficult choices like firing people or raising the price on aids medicine without caring how people react. It's healthy for the stockholders. It also means that you are motivated by money and such things. Which is good.

This is not very intuitive, but it is often the case. Mostly in finance I know, but could also be the case in other areas.
>>
>>69096951
>I know shit
>I'm a dumbass
Choose one faggot, define IQ
>>
File: fucking plebs.jpg (7 KB, 209x241) Image search: [Google]
fucking plebs.jpg
7 KB, 209x241
50k a year? wtf, isn't university like crazy expensive in the USA?

>Go to law school in Belgium (Leuven)
>Make 94k in my first year after uni
>tfw people think law school isn't worth it anymore

Isn't STEM supposed to be 'top tier' according to themselves?
>>
>>69110427
Body weight is in imperial as a hangover from when imperial was used for all, because imperial is a nicer, more graspable system of measurement for your bodyweight.

A stone is exactly 12 pounds, each of which is exactly 0.454 kg.
>>
>>69096235
>be 23
>never had a job in my life
>currently doing evening school (focus accounting and controlling) to get my highschool diploma so I can go to college
>apply for 10 jobs as accountant (I haven't finished school yet)
>get invited for an interview only 2 days later
>"Fuck I only want the unemployment money I don't even want a job"
>pass interview
>have to work as an accountant now

You people said its difficult
>>
HR is the cancer of this world

these people have the highest discrepancy between their felt and their actual understanding of the world
>>
>>69097456
How fucking stupid are YOU?

Look, the designers of these test have known people do this for years. It's all a ploy to see if you'll "cheat" by giving only the "right" answers.

They know no-one is a perfect employee, and if you don't have some flaws on an online personality test, you'll get auto rejected. Conversely you can't be a total shitbag either.
>>
>>69096816
I had an interview for an internal promotion a couple of weeks ago. Half the questions were about diversity and tolerance (and it's not like I work in hr I work in fucking building operations)

I answered them good enough I guess I got the job but it really threw me for a loop.

Honestly if not for /pol/ and my high level exposure to shit posters facicious tolerance comments I might not of been able to answer.

When you get these questions just answer like you're a defeated shit posting swede.

"DIVERSITY IS AMAZING WOOOOO TOO MUCH WHITE DOES NOT MAKE MIGHT YEEAAAHHHHH"
>>
File: 'Next Global Superpower'.png (946 KB, 1400x5552) Image search: [Google]
'Next Global Superpower'.png
946 KB, 1400x5552
>>69110717
>There are literally thousands of resumes that I saw with top schools credentials
you know those are all lies, right?

I had an acquaintance who was involved in the admissions process at Oxford university for engineering courses. According to him, most of the chinese applicants - for undergrad and postgrad courses - couldn't answer basic high-school level questions. And I'm not talking about A-level calculus, I'm talking about pre-GCSE Newtonian mechanics. I wouldn't believe anything I saw on a chinese guy's resume unless I checked every single one of his references in depth, and for preference knew all of his professors personally.

Never, ever trust anything a Chinese person tells you.
>>
>>69108311
this desu senpai
>>
If your over 130 IQ then just apply for Mensa, they might help you get a job somewhere. They wont stop sending me pamphlets every couple of months or so.
>>
>>69099904
I'm very sorry that your country has so few unis Deutschland.
>>
>>69110309
lol you'd get rejected on the spot with those answers
>>
You all can't get jobs because you're autistic faggots. Go into healthcare, like me, you'll always be needed.
>>
File: 1458854013439.gif (2 MB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1458854013439.gif
2 MB, 450x450
>>69096235

boohoohoo

Testing for quality is bad muh feels
>>
>>69104699
ROFL
>>
>>69112143
I don't doubt that I can get a better qualified guy from Europe, but I have to pay a lot more for what effectively amounts to the same shit. Europeans, while they know their shit, are not necessarily good employees. All I know is everyone I know is hiring these people, and suddenly the prices for a quants dropped to $65K tops.

What you are saying is that it may not be a good idea. I agree with you. But it's happening now.

Besides, most of them work jobs where they do the same shit over and over again, so they get qualified pretty fast. You underestimate the fact that in the US we are driven by prices more so than quality.
>>
>>69110309
I wouldn't employ you with those answers. Too much of a sissy.
>>
>>69110348
Most likely yes.

HR is one big scam that retards and people who read too far into people go to get jobs because they have no marketable skills.
>>
>>69112358
I think i might have an IQ that high, Is there a relatively easy way to tell?
>>
>>69100276
are foreign language degrees actually worth anything?
>>
File: image.jpg (112 KB, 687x687) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
112 KB, 687x687
>>69096235
Be Jewish you inferior goy.
>>
>>69110521
Because no one is 100% perfect. If you make it too obvious you're just telling them what they want to hear they kick you out for dishonesty.
>>
>>69096235
>iq and psych tests
literally what company is offering this? my only redeeming quality is that im godliker at taking iq tests
>>
File: 1437824543154.gif (173 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
1437824543154.gif
173 KB, 600x630
>>69099807
>>69101908
>>69106548
>finished chem eng 2 years ago
>still dont have a job

prospects in this field look fuckin gr8

ill probably never use my degree at this rate

any other engineering major would have been better than this t b h
>>
Here is my story

> come from south Europe to Denmark
> start masters
> move to another city without finishing masters
> apply for job and get 5 answers, and focus on 3.
> tell all of them I am great face-to-face interview
> always tell them I do not speak with HR. 2/3 interview started and finished with only engineers in the room.
> tell the HR of one of them I do not speak with HR and this person gets out of the room to bring the chief engineer to speak about the job and continue the interview.
> receive 3/3 offers
> sign permanent contract with one of the firms, and finish my masters several months after.
>>
File: 2016-03-24 21.17.04.jpg (58 KB, 688x666) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-24 21.17.04.jpg
58 KB, 688x666
>>69115847
>Doesn't speak to HR.
What kind of awesome new meme is this?
>>
>>69115847
between this and trying the resume buzzwords trick i might actually have a chance
Thread replies: 185
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.