[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Iraq & Saddam Hussein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: Saddam-Hussein--010.jpg (22 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
Saddam-Hussein--010.jpg
22 KB, 460x276
Would Iraq and its neighbors be better off if Saddam was still there?

How much of this is actually USAs fault as everyone likes to point?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCJ8JqtGahQ
>>
I can't help but admire how thick and glorious that beard is. If he wore that beard while in power, instead of that dirty moustache, I reckon he would still be in charge.
>>
>>69071909
Saddam Hussein was literally Hitler in that he did absolutely nothing wrong.

He did NOT gas his people, he was at war with Iran. Literally the only reason we went into Iraq was because 1. He wanted to sell oil using euros instead of dollars and 2, he actually had the balls to bomb Israel unlike Iran.

He was a hero of the Middle East, keeping the terrorists at bay and making Iraq a very rich and prosperous nationalist nation. RIP.
>>
>>69071909
>Kept Iran in Check
>Kept the middle East Moderately stable
>Kept the Kurds in check
>Kept the Religious Extremists in check

He may have been crazy, but he is the better choice compared to modern day Iraq and the presently unstable middle East.
>>
>>69072912
He also shot at our planes, used chemical weapons on the Kurds (remember we are signatories of the Chemical Weapons Convention, unless you think we should break our oath), invaded and annexed a UN member (Kuwait).

He was basically begging us to send him to hell. Good riddance.
>>
>>69071909

Saddam wasn't a nice guy by any means. Destroying his army during desert storm was enough. Going in and killing him just to settle GWB's daddy issues was the worst mistake the US has made in a long time.

That's just my opinion though. Other people might disagree.
>>
>>69073122
>He also shot at our planes,

Sounds like we are violating another Nation's autonomy

> used chemical weapons on the Kurds (remember we are signatories of the Chemical Weapons Convention, unless you think we should break our oath)

Communists that support Israel and want to destabilize the middle east
> invaded and annexed a UN member (Kuwait).

He literally asked and received permission from President Bush sr. to invade and annex Kuwait
>>
Saddam was a Sunni attempting to eliminate the Shia (which needed to be done)

There's a reason the place exploded into hellfire after he and Gaddafi were killed.
>>
Yes things would be better off. More stable at least.

Not all its neighbours would be better off though. Iran for instance wouuld be in a worse position if he were still around.

I don't know how you can look at what happened in hindsight and go "Yup, that was worth the investment for the US".
>>
>>69073908
Shia are good
It is their leaders and after ayotallah died everything got fucked up.
>>
File: Netanyahu_Iraq_War.jpg (24 KB, 438x303) Image search: [Google]
Netanyahu_Iraq_War.jpg
24 KB, 438x303
>>69073247
>settle GWB's daddy issues
Oh my sweet summer chile
>>
muslims are fucking animals, they dont deserve stability and order. anyone that offers them that is a fuckhead in my book. i say we go after the saudi royal family and the governments of pakistan and iran next.
>>
Big mistake. You need an iron fisted dictator to keep those crazy fucking camel jockeys from blowing everything up.
>>
>>69073908
Moohammed Ibyn al-Saud how is America?
>>
>>69071909
sadam was pretty based
>gassed kurds
>killed shiites
>invaded goatfucking kuwait
>killed goatfucker al qaida
>invaded iran like an alpha
>pan arabist, pro christian
>>
>>69072912
>Saddam Hussein was literally Hitler in that he did absolutely nothing wrong

Yeah lets ignore gassing the Kurds and Iranians.

Apart from that Suddam was pretty based.
>>
>>69071909
Woah, he kind of looks like an arab Ron Paul in that pic.
>>
>>69075714
He was at war with the Kurds and Iranians, so what? Iran is not based, Iran is the center of evil with their butt buddy Israel.
>>
seems like he did more to christians than the current usa presidente
>>
rip saddam - never forget
>>
>>69071909
>How much of this is actually USAs fault as everyone likes to point?
None of it, Saddam stopped following the rules the CIA set out for him back when we stopped him from fucking with Kuwait.
The WMD Intel is thebmain reason we went in there since the only other objective was to put a big fucking foot up Islam's ass so the ME would stop planning to team up and wipe us out like they were. Scaring the shit out of them was the objective and it worked.
The WMD Intel came directly from British intelligence agencies and that's what we went off of since our operations hadn't been active in the region for quite a while.
But you'll never hear that and whenever a Bingustanian poster shitposts on here about how its our fault the ME is so crazy and Iraq is a mess they won't ever say two shits about where our WMD Intel came from despite it being public record
>>
>>69071909
when this all happened when i was kid, i had no idea about anything going behind the curtains, yet i did pay attention towards everything that happened during 9/11 and after. everything felt like they simply connected from teenages perspective. basically, they are all terrorists, but they wont bother me during my lifetime(this is what it appeared towards the young generations, how horribly wrong we were), so they can be killed. there was no information given about what was really going for the world, i only imagine few people from older generations knew what was actually going on, who were not heavily influenced by the jewish media. its extremetly horrible how easily we were decieved
>>
>>69079028
i saw a dream last night. i saw finland destroyed by muslims, yet i survived

i went from trials to another, in the dream i prepared myself for execution. before the time of execution, i tried my best to give last advices to people who were there to hear me.

i tell you now what i feel that is important to note. do not prepare for death alone, but for eternal suffering, that increases as the time passes. its the worst thing human can face and it is what can make you stronger than anything else before. it is not path for weak mind and often weak mind gives up the preparation for suffering, because its much easier and comfier just not think about it and lay it off. prepare your body the way it can go through suffering. what i am asking from you, it goes beyond the limits that is acceptable for human mind, by human mind. those who understand suffering, will ultimately understand god
>>
Daily reminder that US was the biggest supoorter of Iraq until Glaspie fumbled a meeting where Saddam thought he was getting a green light from Bush to invade Kuwait.

The US was also jis biggest supporter during the 80s when he was committing the crimes America would eventually hang him for.

Al Assad, Mubarak, and Ghaddafi also parallel this story line where the US supports a tyrant, he falls out of favor for arbitrary reasons, the US then demonizes them and pushes for their removal. See also Shah of Iran and virtually all of South America since 1950.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.