[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cats are making people left wing.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17
File: cats.jpg (138 KB, 1024x615) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
138 KB, 1024x615
Cats are making people left wing.

http://jeb.biologists.org/content/216/1/113

>These side effects are postulated to arise from IFN-γ-mediated induction of indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase (IDO) expression (Meyers, 1999) as IDO degrades tryptophan (Saito et al., 1991), the essential precursor of serotonin, and serotonin is involved in depressive disorders
>Thus, alterations induced by T. gondii-stimulated IFN-γ may indirectly affect cognitive changes with infection

>One factor that could contribute to the specific changes is increased dopamine production by T. gondii

T.Gondii produces more dopamine and less serotonin.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/edwest/100143941/how-evolution-turned-us-into-liberals-and-conservatives/
(Based Haidt strikes again.)

> A DNA analysis of 13,000 Australians found that liberals and conservatives had some marked difference in genes that related to neurotransmitter functioning, particularly glutamate and serotonin, both of which are involved in the brain’s response to threat and fear.

>Conservatives react more strongly to signs of danger, including threat of germs and contamination, and even white noise. Liberals have more genes implicated in receptors for dopamine, which is associated with sensation-seeking and openness to experiences. Other papers have found a few other traits, but nearly all are related to threat sensibility or openness to experience.

Types 4 of person
http://masculineheart.blogspot.com.au/2011/12/dr-helen-fisher-4-personality-types-in.html

Right wing is high serotonin, low dopamine, high testosterone, lower estrogen.
Left wing is low serotonin, high dopamine, low testosterone, high estrogen.

Gas the cats, feline extinction now?
>>
>>69067391
I'm right wing as fuck and have a battle kitty in my house.

I love dogs, but ya know my work schedule doesn't allow for me to own a dogger
>>
I have four cats and one just had three kittens, explain why I hate niggers and want the middle east wiped off the map.
>>
File: 20151218_151532.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20151218_151532.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>69067545
>>
>>69067391

this looks like really great stuff, i wish i didn't have to go to bed because i can tell this is going to be an epic thread
>>
File: infection gondii.jpg (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
infection gondii.jpg
1 B, 486x500
>Further sources

Dopamine and conservatives, aging

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=3NLHCgAAQBAJ&pg=PA269&lpg=PA269&dq=conservative+low+dopamine&source=bl&ots=197OA1htxV&sig=mfYPEHl133a6Gw7-gDUbhPdQdmE&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiQuqz9suLLAhUENpQKHT_xAasQ6AEINjAF#v=onepage&q=conservative%20low%20dopamine&f=false

This gives support to churchills quote "If You Are Not a Liberal at 25, You Have No Heart. If You Are Not a Conservative at 35 You Have No Brain"

Serotonin effects as reached on monkeys.

https://books.google.com.au/books?id=UComqxHpkJAC&pg=PA191&lpg=PA191&dq=conservative+high+serotonin&source=bl&ots=ktTVqfQFm-&sig=7qklooHzubtKEvCxq_WZGKsqaog&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiwn-XCsuLLAhVHHaYKHc_sBpgQ6AEIGzAA#v=onepage&q=conservative%20high%20serotonin&f=false

Cat parasite linked to learning difficulties.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/11644581/Cats-make-children-stupid-study-suggests.html

Study finds 95% of gay men have had a cat in their life time.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/05/fashion/05cats.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
>>
>>69067391
I've lived around cats my entire life. I'm extremely conservative and Christian.
>>
>Another cat vs dog thread
Why can't you just like both?
>>
>Left wing is low serotonin, high dopamine, low testosterone, high estrogen.

Very true.
>>
File: 1458331559506.png (1 MB, 1124x1024) Image search: [Google]
1458331559506.png
1 MB, 1124x1024
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyi8ly5dRkU

to the ovens they go
>>
>>69067696

Did you have a redpilling experience that shook you out of liberalism?
>>
>>69067938

correlated if not one factor at the very least
>>
>own 3 cats
>tfw Right winged
>>
But I love both cats and puppers...
>>
>>69067971
>schizophrenic women
>>
File: toxoplasma-gondii-life-cycle.gif (26 KB, 486x352) Image search: [Google]
toxoplasma-gondii-life-cycle.gif
26 KB, 486x352
>>69067899
Also wtf that wasn't the imagine I wanted....
My imagine was that of the gondii cycle.
Here is a different pic.
>>
Lived with cats my entire life and have always been anti-left even before I knew what the left wing was.

This ((((((((((study))))))))))) is horseshit.
>>
>>69067545
>>69067696
>>69067938
>>69068175
>>69068229
>expecting the average straight-out-of-high-school /pol/ack to have a logical understanding of microbiology

This reminds me of those threads made last year about microchimerism: The studies were done on fruit flies but nobody really paid attention to that part
>>
>>69068364
Same.

Anyone that likes cats and wants to read the ultimate cat essay by HP Lovecraft, here it is. Dog lovers BTFO FOREVER

http://www.hplovecraft.com/writings/texts/essays/cd.aspx
>>
>>69068384
/u/unidan go back to pleddit
>>
>>69068364
for every 1 of you there are 10 leftists.

Maybe you should read the study?
>>
File: 1444111120402.jpg (90 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1444111120402.jpg
90 KB, 500x492
>>69068498
I dont know who that is or even how what I said has anything to do with redd¡t

but if you know so much about redd¡t maybe you should go back there
>>
>>69068478
>Between dogs and cats my degree of choice is so great that it would never occur to me to compare the two. I have no active dislike for dogs, any more than I have for monkeys, human beings, negroes, cows, sheep, or pterodactyls; but for the cat I have entertained a particular respect and affection ever since the earliest days of my infancy. In its flawless grace and superior self-sufficiency I have seen a symbol of the perfect beauty and bland impersonality of the universe itself, objectively considered; and in its air of silent mystery there resides for me all the wonder and fascination of the unknown. The dog appeals to cheap and facile emotions; the cat to the deepest founts of imagination and cosmic perception in the human mind. It is no accident that the contemplative Egyptians, together with such later poetic spirits as Poe, Gautier, Baudelaire, and Swinburne, were all sincere worshippers of the supple grimalkin.

Just a taste for people

Dogs for simpletons and negroes not human beings in the same paragraph.
>>
File: cat-1420883048416.jpg (60 KB, 630x473) Image search: [Google]
cat-1420883048416.jpg
60 KB, 630x473
>>
File: tiger-room-CAT-272102_640[1].jpg (60 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
tiger-room-CAT-272102_640[1].jpg
60 KB, 640x425
>2016
>Still trusting the feline jew
>>
there's no scientific evidence that cats transmit Toxoplasma gondii unless you eat their feces
so unless you're OP, you should be fine
>>
>>69068678
lovecraft was the ultimate racist too

yet he was an aspie
>>
File: cat.jpg (74 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
74 KB, 600x450
>>
>>69068938
>infects up to 1/3 of the world
>only transmitted via feces

What fucked in the head do you think 1/3 of the world is?
>>
Yep. Lived with cats since the day I was born, and I'm right wing.

I spend everyday on my local yik yak trying to redpill people. It's actually been going well for the most part, especially on Islam.
>>
>>69069175
did you ever stop to think that maybe there's other ways to transmit it?
nearly 99% of Toxoplasma gondii is transmitted via eating raw meat(especially pork) you dumbshit

there's a reason religions told people to not eat things like pork, certain seafoods etc. Because when not cooked properly they have a lot of diseases
>>
File: 1415241168429.gif (254 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1415241168429.gif
254 KB, 255x255
its like lymes disease, you can have it for life. Feral cats and cats in general are disgusting creatures that need to be gassed. They spread this disease to native wildlife as well
>>
>>69067391
>Gas the cats, feline extinction now?
You keep your filthy hands off my whiskered jews, cunt.

Dogs are for people who support authoritarianism. Cats are for people who support libertarianism. Dogs do what they are told and cats do what they want.
>>
>>69069344
How about you find and read the study on T.Gondii you fucking idiot.
It is spread via cat litter, it can an be inhaled.
>>
File: 1441276449902.png (773 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
1441276449902.png
773 KB, 720x960
>>69069643
I wear a surgical mask whenever I clean the cat box and I always wash my hands after petting the cat and after cleaning the box

It's like your entire argument is predicated on the assumption that there's no such thing as a right-wing cat owner who knows how to practice basic hygiene

>p.s. I love doggos too and I plan to get a blue lacy
>>
>>69069535

>In short, a dog is an incomplete thing. Like an inferior man, he needs emotional stimuli from outside, and must set something artificial up as a god and motive. The cat, however, is perfect in himself. Like the human philosopher, he is a self-sufficient entity and microcosm. He is a real and integrated being because he thinks and feels himself to be such, whereas the dog can conceive of himself only in relation to something else. Whip a dog and he licks your hand—faugh! The beast has no idea of himself except as an inferior part of an organism whereof you are a superior part—he would no more think of striking back at you than you would think of pounding your own head when it punishes you with a headache. But whip a cat and watch it glare and move backward hissing in outraged dignity and self-respect! One more blow, and it strikes you in return; for it is a gentleman and your equal, and will accept no infringement on its personality and body of privileges.
>>
Anyone here ever dealt with a crazy cat lady? Its incredible how being in a house overrun by cat shit and piss can warp someone's mind.

I love kitties but I wouldn't get one again. Always away for work, my poor cat spent too much time in the cattery. Then she died.
>>
>>69069966
I never said there is no such thing as a right wing cat owner....

oh boy, that 1 in 10,000 that wears a mask.
You're special.

This isn't cats vs dogs.
>>
>>69069643
>It is spread via cat litter, it can an be inhaled.
but that's where a tiny minority of the infections come from you dumbass
>>
>Not owning a cat while being redpilled
The ultimate jew.
>>
>>69070459
proof.
>>
I cuddle with my cat all the time, never wash my hands, don't wear a mask while changing the litter.
/pol/ is literally looking for anything to help make them feel special and superior
>>
>>69069643
It's not airborne, so no, it cannot be inhaled. You literally have to consume the fecal matter containing the 'activated' specimen(s).
>>
Serotonin isn't believed to have an influence one way or another on depression anymore. But, carry on lame faggot OP
>>
Cats are masterrace of the animal kingdom. Hitlers in fur
>>
>>69070173
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLhesmKn4Cs

28,000 cats in her lifetime
>>
>>69069479
>its like lymes disease, you can have it for life
it's also curable if you have it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atovaquone

nobody cures it because latent toxoplasmosis does nothing in humans
>>
>>69070361
There's a bit over 7bn people in the world

1 out of 10,000 turns into a lot, you shitcunt
>>
>>69070782
RIGHT WING AS FUCK!
>>
Cats are for effeminate cucks and fags.
>>
>>69070830
1 in 100,000
>>
File: 1453247744653.jpg (187 KB, 598x460) Image search: [Google]
1453247744653.jpg
187 KB, 598x460
>>69067391
>jeb.biologists

This is now a Jeb! Thread
>>
>>69071184
Also

The only way t.gondii can be "inhaled" and actually infect you is if you've got a compromised immunosystem

This is the reason why that specific drug that cures it was the same drug that all the shitlibs and SJWs were throwing a fit about. They thought that by him jacking up the price of Atovaquone (to the insurance companies), that people with AIDS would die.

Because Atovaquone is for AIDS patients and third worlders with fucking malaria and shit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atovaquone
>>
>>69071461
him = Martin "shekels" Shrekli
>>
>>69068678

So because some pretentious twat verbosely states that cats remind him of the indifference and mystery of the universer?

Fuck off. If this cringeworthy shit came from tumblr or 4chan instead of some "big name" fag you were quoting, you'd think it was stupid bullshit too. Literally euphoria levels of bullshit.

"I am enlightened not by some cheap dog's affection, but by my own cat"
>>
I think this is true. Please kill your cats and get a dog.
>>
The real question is what is making people right wing? Is it cheap beer?
>>
>>69071629
Edgy memes
>>
File: image.png (1 KB, 473x454) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 KB, 473x454
>>69067391

Weird, a year after taking my SSRI (boosts serotonin) and my antipsychotic (lowers dopamine) I became extremely redpilled

Wonder if there's truth to that pseudoscience
>>
>>69067391
do retards seriously believe in this scientific hype bullshit? "indoleamine-2,3-dioxygenase" are you fucking kidding me??

you realize that "scientists" are just paid shills who jerk off onto their college-ruled paper and make shit up, right?

biology is such a bullshit science.
>>
>>69071740

I think you should try taking more pills, senpai. If you take enough you'll reach an even higher level of enlightenment above even the ULTIMATE TRUTH of RED PILLLL EUPHORIA!
>>
>>69067391
I've grown up with multiple cats in my house for the entirety of my life and I want to gas the kikes race war now
>>
>>69071629
Brain chemistry.

Give me a bit and ill find some info
>>
>>69071843
you're criticizing the organic chemistry part when you should be attacking the interpretive analysis of the results
>>
>>69071843

We'll be sure to disregard biology at your suggestion. Then again you shouldn't listen to me because I'm just a forum sliding shill that is trying to push this stupid "biology" thing that everyone is falling for.

In fact, my shill friend created this thread just to out you and have the government track those that disagree with our made up science, since they are the real truth knowing geniuses. Shouldn't have outed yourself so easily, you robust genius. MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

-A Scientist
>>
>>69071558
It's tongue in cheek you absolute moron.
>>
My c@ comes in when i poo, and i pet him before wiping, does this count as injestion?
>>
>>69067391
I've had cats my entire life and I am really right winged. This is really stupid.
>>
>>69072155
You need to have contact with your cat's poo (in a way that the catpoo and the parasites within get into your bloodstream), not the other way around you retardtron
>>
How do you test for t.gondi?
>>
>>69072094

How quaint! Hoho!
>>
>>69072155
>>
>>69067391
The most right wing people I know are cat lovers.
They're also hispanic, and voting for Trump.
Isnt Texas a truly wonderful place.
Or at least it will be when Hillary gets elected so we can secede and hang all the calicommies.
>>
>>69072202
>the un-average invalidates the average

Afraid not friendo
>>
File: 1451229566781.jpg (250 KB, 946x403) Image search: [Google]
1451229566781.jpg
250 KB, 946x403
>>69072076
>>69072071
>they think science is real and not just a jewish conspiracy to get us to raise tyrone's fatherless kids using fake paternity tests
>>
>>69072367
Horseshit.
>>
>Conservatives react more strongly to signs of danger, including threat of germs and contamination, and even white noise. Liberals have more genes implicated in receptors for dopamine, which is associated with sensation-seeking and openness to experiences. Other papers have found a few other traits, but nearly all are related to threat sensibility or openness to experience.

What I gathered from this is that liberals are a dumb shit sub-species who have an improper reaction to danger like dodos.
All we need are some clubs and rocks to hide behind and poof, liberals are extinct.
>>
>>69072753
Its funny.
Because right wingers see them as idiots and dangerous.
But lefties see that conservatives are "fearful" and assume that's why they are so "hateful"
>>
>>69067391
It's pretty well known that Toxoplasmosis Gondii affects the brain, personality, inhibition control negatively, even with a healthy immune system.

Those infected afterwards tend end up having less rational thought processes, problems with reasoning, and lower inhibitions (trouble controlling oneself, anger problems, etc)

And of course, naturally, as T. Gondii does to mice (Make them not fear things, cats) it also has the same affect on humans to a lesser degree.

It's a world-wide epidemic infection that is, simply by the large amount of people affected, despite the mostly minor problems caused by it, causing huge problems, by lowering overall threshold for social cohesion, stability, reasonable behavior.
>>
>>69072155
>>69072252
Also have open wounds on arms because huge fag
>>
>>69073195
Oh look, someone with a coherent argument and not a knee jerk DIS IS WRONG I LUV CATS REEEEEEEEE

Thank you for talking the time to learn this :)
>>
File: toxoplasmosis-2.jpg (102 KB, 288x407) Image search: [Google]
toxoplasmosis-2.jpg
102 KB, 288x407
>>69067391
Definitely mind control. Just observe the lifeless gaze of the human in pic related.
>>
>>69073652
You really are shitposting aren't you? I find it amusing how you started ignoring my posts once I posted facts and actual arguments :)
>>
>>69074477
No you were right about it being inhaled.
And yes raw meat can contain it.
I still need proof that cats aren't a large vector of transmission.
Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.