[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fun?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 200.gif (1 MB, 218x200) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
1 MB, 218x200
Does anyone understand why people are obsessed with trying to have fun? What's the point? It's all so fleeting.

Shouldn't everyone spend all their time trying to acquire every scrap of knowledge possible?

Is no fun the ultimate redpill?
>>
>>69063181
>Shouldn't everyone spend all their time trying to acquire every scrap of knowledge possible?
Why? You're just going to die in a few decades at best, what would that accomplish? A life enjoyed is that at least.
>>
>>69064232
But with knowledge is power. Perhaps power to extend life. Etc. Why not chase the knowledge?

Fun no make no sense.
>>
>>69064432
Think of all the people for thousands of years who gathered knowledge and did in fact die like everyone else.

Anyway, why so averse to death, life gets boring after a while.

You seem like a troll or an autist.
>>
>>69064644
I'm trapped in a library.

But all those people dieing is partly my point. If they had only pursued knowledge think of where we would be now. Instead they bought into the fun meme.
>>
>>69064942

Reminds me of:

>There is a very popular opinion that choosing life is
inherently superior to choosing death. This belief that life is
inherently preferable to death is one of the most widespread
superstitions. This bias constitutes one of the most obstinate
mythologies of the human species.
This prejudice against death, however, is a kind of
xenophobia. Discrimination against death is simply assumed
good and right. Absolutist faith in life is commonly a result
of the unthinking conviction that existence or survival, along
with an irrational fear of death, is “good”. This unreasoned
conviction in the rightness of life over death is like a god or a
mass delusion. Life is the “noble lie”; the common secularreligion
of the West.
>>
>>69065312
Fucked up the green text, thanks Obama.
>>
>>69063181
My calendar says March, but this shit post is the level of 1st introductory freshman philosophy which would be January or August/September
>>
>>69065365
Thanks obambamama

Life over death is strange. But with greater knowledge we might learn of death prior to death. Again. Chasing fun is a distraction.
>>
>>69065485
Thatno answer question.

Why fun?
>>
File: 1453152338634.png (564 KB, 719x719) Image search: [Google]
1453152338634.png
564 KB, 719x719
>>69063181

Where did all the immortals who enjoyed learning and could thus have fun acquiring every scrap of knowledge go?

What? They never existed? Weird...
>>
>>69063181
acquiring knowledge? That's what googles for. Just have sex with beautiful women and beat up betas
>>
>Shouldn't everyone spend all their time trying to acquire every scrap of knowledge possible?

Eventually you learn so much that you realize that life is absurd and fun is the only thing you should be striving for because it's the only thing that makes living worthwhile and keeps you from becoming a serial killer/mass murderer.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.