[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you believe in the death penalty? I think it's a no
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 13
File: dp.jpg (38 KB, 324x303) Image search: [Google]
dp.jpg
38 KB, 324x303
Do you believe in the death penalty?

I think it's a no brainer, but I'd be interested in the views of /pol/.
>>
Yup. The odd innocent getting killed by the system or all the people getting raped/murdered by people who got out of jail when they shouldve hanged, eh
>>
>>69024591
Death Penalty is not harsh enough.

Any crime that warrants a death sentence is bad enough that a simple 'Get out fast and without much pain'-card is just bullshit.

4m2 cell. No windows, no light, only one door.
Once a day some bread and water.
A hole in the ground to shit in.

Put someone in there for the rest of their life. THAT is how extreme punishment should be.
Whoever ends up in there will go absolutely crazy and paranoid.

Bonus points:
Keep them from killing themselves.

The money spent on Prisons for murderers or rapists is way too much. They don't deserve anything but less than the bare minimum.
This way the state could cut spending on these fuckers by a literal shitton.

>Giving assholes the easy way out by killing them
>Not turning the rest of their lives, possible many decades, into hell on earth.
>>
>>69025120

>Everyone in jail committed the crime

An innocent person would inevitably end up having to suffer that because of human error.

Nice.
>>
>>69024591
Vengeance is petty, savage and unproductive.

Killing someone does not undo the crime committed, and the fear of a death penalty does not stop the crime from happening any more than a life sentence would.

Frankly, I've never heard a good argument for the death penalty.
>>
>>69025120
And what happens if someone is wrongfully convicted? How do you then justify your treatment of them?
>>
>>69025235
The same goes for the death penalty and any other punishment.
Human error can never be fully ruled out.

On the plus side: Some of the money saved by no longer housing high profile criminals in mansions could be used to enhance the justice system to make sure less errors occure.
>>
>Trusting the state to kill the right person

What a strange precedent to set, /pol/.

You never cease to amaze me.
>>
I posted this in the other thread but this one seems to be more popular.

I watched a documentary by Werner Herzog.

>man in prison for life for murdering multiple people
>man's son murders multiple people and gets put on trail
>dad gives impassioned plea so son escapes the death penalty because of 2 crying women being swayed by emotion
>son meets psycho woman
>smuggles sperm out
>a demon child is spawned

Inevitably this kid will end up killing someone and it could have been avoided by ending it.

Kill them.
>>
>>69025450
See >>69025455
You can argue the same thing for every punishment including the death sentence.

Innocents wrongfully sentenced to anything has been a problem forever.
>>
>>69025299
Who care if it doesnt stop crime? At least it completely gets rid of criminal niggers.
>>69025502
>implying the kikes wont just have a CIA assasinate you if they want you dead
I bet you are one of those retards that thinks the US government doesnt kill people they dont want to exist.
>>
>>69024591
If you can be sure you get the right one, for comitting horrible crimes, yes.
But often enough they get a wrong person.
End even worse that there are cases where they get a wrong person killed to let the public thing they got the original criminal and everybody is save, when they're well aware it's the wrong one.
>>
Death sentence should be changed to hellish torture
>>
>>69025597

Nope, because if the state is killing people then it has to live with the fact that it is committing murder around 4% of the time when someone is wrongly convicted. That's state sanctioned murder.
>>
>>69025699
Oh my fucking god, what's wrong with my english today...
*end
*think
>>
No, I am completely against it.

Killing someone isn't the answer to killing. It's just unintelligent, uncivilised and barbaric. Also as you can see the levels of crime in countries with capital punishment is still ridiculously high so it's been proven that it doesn't deter better than punishments for similar crimes.

On the other hand I think 'life in prison' being only 25 years in britain is bullshit, life in prison should actually be life in prison. And desu that's probably a worse punishment.

People going on about that one innocent that gets killed by the system are dumb though, it's just one guy. I'm fairly sure the death penalty only happens when the facts are so damn crystal clear and beyond being beyond reasonable doubt that 'muh innocents' is a moot.
>>
>>69025815
>*end
kill me now....
*and
.... º|¯|_
>>
If I was arrested and faced with the choice between spending the rest of my life in jail or peacefully dying by lethal injection, I would 100% choose death. I think death is the easy way out and they shouldn't be given that peace.

On the other hand, it costs tax payers too much money to keep people in prison who will die there, so I'm conflicted.
>>
>>69025597
Your response does not answer my question.

I am asking you how is your system morally justifiable when false convictions exist. How is subjecting someone to a living hell justifiable when they may have done nothing wrong.

Please consider the following: What if you are wrongfully convicted. Do you think your system would remain fair.
>>
I hate the death penalty and the people who believe in it.

"That person deserves to die because he did something really bad 20 years ago!"

This completely ignores the human capacity for forgiveness.
>>
>>69024591
No, life of solitary is worse then death
>>
>>69025684
You are no better. You're savagely-minded, and therefore basically a subhuman.
>>
>>69025597
If evidence comes to light later on, incarceration can be ended. You can't undead that easily.
>>
File: norway cell.jpg (59 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
norway cell.jpg
59 KB, 960x540
>>69025883

Prison in europe isn't too bad desu, that's what I would choose.
>>
>>69024591
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_of_Tim_McLean

The man who did this is now free to kill and eat more people. Thanks to the leftist leniency on justice.
>>
>>69024591
Pro choice and pro death penalty is the way to go
>>
>>69026186

t. Hillary
>>
Sentance them to long prison sentences, but have the chaplains all come from Dignatas or the Kavorkian clinic. They can leave jail anytime they want.
>>
>>69025888
And I'm telling you:
The answer is the same any judicial system has: Accidents happen and we are terribly sorry.

It would be equal to the death sentence today so obviously it would be the last and greatest punishment only few would receive.

The better question is: Can you afford to not punish 99 murderers just because there might be 1 innocent among them?

>>69026035
Yeah, that would be a plus of not killing them as well. Although it would take alot to get someone who has been subjected to that kind of prison sentence for longer than a few month back into real life.

>>69026053
Prison in northern europe is a joke. If you are too poor and stupid to live on your own, just commit some terrible crime and make sure to get the longest sentence possible. Chillout in your personal, government funded NEET-cave.
>>
Death penalty is swell, but we should really think about bringing back prison colonies back into style. I heard French New Guinea is just as much of a shithole as it used to be when they used it for prison camps.

Same with Australia.
>>
>>69024591
Nope, the risk of a single innocent getting it is too much.
Also if you have the right to life the state shouldn´t be able to take it away except in the most extraneous circumstances such as treason during wartime.
I think that´s the reason it´s unconstitutional in many places.
>>69025120
This is even worse. Places like supermax need to be closed down and merged into normal prisons. I don´t care what the inmates did. Is committing crimes against humanity using taxpayer money going to bring back the victims?
>>
>>69026186
Pretty much this. I would rather have these birther fags get sterilized but apparently that's too radical
>>
>>69024591
>Do you believe in the death penalty?
Yup, it happens.
>>
>>69026408
Oh and let's not forget chain gangs.

We have a huge workforce just waiting to be utilized in our private jails. Let's put them to work on updating our infrastructure and we can pay them 1 cent per hour to say that they aren't slaves. Oh and we'll make it "voluntary", but we'll hose down any pussy that decides to stay in their cell.
>>
>>69026405
>It would be equal to the death sentence today so obviously it would be the last and greatest punishment only few would receive.

I don't get why people don't understand this. Everyone against the death penalty seems to think that it would be enacted freely on whoever the hell they decide to do it on. It wouldn't. It would be on the worst of society, the types you would wish were never born anyway.
>>
I'd like to bring back deportations to Australia, though that would probably be too harsh.
>>
>>69024591
Yes and no. I believe some crimes should be punished with death. I don't want my tax money wasted on food and shelter for a child fucker. There's only one problem: Every single innocent person executed is one too much. As long as the justice system can fail death penalty is not justifiable.
>>
>>69026030
No you idiots that insist are prison time are the savages that get off the suffering of criminals in prison, we death penalty supporters just remove them entirely. I wouldnt purpose for torture but to simply behead them using a machine that slice your spinal column too fast for your brain to ever register pain.
>>
>>69026405
You have an incredibly poor grasp on morality.

Because errors exist, it's important to ensure that prisoners are treated relatively humanely. Likewise, for lesser crimes, it's important that once a sentence is over that you can turn a former prisoner into a productive member of society rather than a repeat offender.

Therefore, humane conditions are more just and more moral than brutal ones.
>>
>>69026612

>hurr I can of trust the state to murder the right people

commie scum spotted
>>
>>69024591
Yes but not using shit like in OP pic related.
>>
>>69026432
>Is committing crimes against humanity using taxpayer money going to bring back the victims?
Is using much more tax payer money to provide luxury housing to people who committed crimes against humanity going to bring the victims back OR stop others from doing the same?

When I see norways prison cells, I can't help but think that I wouldn't mind being thrown in jail there for a while.
Anders certainly had a great time in his prison. He even got to study political science!

>>69026612
Exactly.
>>
>>69025120
>being this edgy
>>
>>69024591
This will sound, "edgy", but when you ask me this question I can't help but reflect on how I experience a homicidal fantasy every time I hear someone ask stupid questions like, "do you support the death penalty?"
>>
>>69024591
>Violating International Conventions
>Killing potentially innocent men
>Waste millions of dollars and time in resolving court appeals
>Not realizing that the point of prison is to rehabilitate individuals and not to punish them
>>
>>69026750
You, again, demonstrate that you have the mind of a savage. You would put an end to a person, possibly in error, over an infraction.

Tell me. What does killing them accomplish? What is the gain in killing someone. Does their victim spring back to life? Is their crime undone? Does murdering someone unrape you?

The answer is no. Killing someone in such a manner is completely unproductive.
>>
>>69026765
Lesser crimes deserve very humane conditions, yes.

But when we are talking about the kind of crimes that, today, get the death sentence in some third world countries like 'murica turning the offender back into a productive member is sometimes simply not possible.

>You have an incredibly poor grasp on morality.
Morality is subjective.

>>69026883
Could cut my way out of prison with my edge.
>>
Supporting the death penalty is a kind of virtual signalling of right wingers

>Look at me guys I must be a law abiding citizen because I'm tough on crime
>>
>>69026765
You are too soft, every conflict should have an MRI done to their brain to determine whether it is even possible to rehabilitate them, obviously white murderers would be excused from the death penalty because only the serial killers would be impossible to help but negros are impossible to rehabilitate and thus would all be killed.
>>
>>69024591
>I think it's a no brainer,

That's what it should be, make them a no brainer. fuck all this expensive shit, just one heavy object to smash their brains out and we're good.
>>
>>69024591

Yes I do. There comes a point when public statements towards certain crimes and aberrations of behavior need to be made... with all the subtlety of a hammer.

Murder. Rape. Deliberate choices that inflict massive psychological and physical harm (a la terrorism). Being an absolute cretin of a ruler and then getting captured while your country is annexed out from under you. All of these things should (and in most cases, do) hold enough weight to warrant an execution.

But ultimately, both the long and short of the debate comes down to one simple question: Is keeping the offender alive in the faint hope that life imprisonment will prove enough of a deterrent to others repeating their actions cost-effective or not.

If yes, then life imprisonment without the possibility of parole. If no, 3 shots of various chemicals and away the problem goes.
>>
>>69025299
Personally I support public hangings for prevention's sake. I would even support making divorce and adultery illegal and subject to death. This is for the wellbeing of the children and the innocent.
>>
>>69026748
This also I kinda have a personal conflict with it as a whole since I don't believe that a government or any such system has the right to end someone's existence for all of eternity.
Oddly enough I'm very militaristic and okay with scorched earth war and killing any and everything in your way if need be
>>
>>69026748
PS: Once we have established a perfect system I'd even approve of torture as a punishment for crimes like murder and rape. But like I said only if the system is absolutely perfect. In that case the punishments might also be broadcasted or carried out in public.

Also if a person is sentenced to death the execution should be carried out within 24 hours to avoid wasting money on the criminal.
>>
>>69027023
You, on the other hand, would waste millions of moneys to house and feed even the worst scum of the earth in humane conditions effectively rewarding their crimes.

There is no good way to handle this shit because of many reasons, one being the possibility of having the wrong person.
But there is the effective way of not wasting tons of money on the very few who are irredeemably 'evil' and then there is the naive happy go lucky way of feeding them, housing them and giving them nice warm beds.

Your cool
>Does their victim spring back to life? Is their crime undone? Does murdering someone unrape you?
Questions can be applied to ALL kinds of punishment.
>>
>>69027051
>tough on crime
I never had any intention of using it the death penalty as a deterrent from crime.
I just get a kick out of observing a populace that is so cowardly that they will attempt to rationalize living under a government that they have given license to murder their fellow citizens.
>>
>>69027023
>What does killing them accomplish?

>Saves money
>Removes them from the gene pool
>Means they'll never be released and able to do it again

Now what does putting them in prison for life like you suggest accomplish? If someone can commit a horrific murder, it's highly unlikely they'll be rehabilitated. So they just sit in prison, costing society money, and do nothing to contribute.
>>
>>69027186
Before anyone dismisses my beliefs, please take a look at the legal system of pre-union American states. It was inspired by Biblical Law. It formed civil communities.
>>
>>69026833
If you're complaining about tax money being spent to house irredeemable prisoners, then you should support their swift execution, not keeping them alive for decades in miserable conditions to torture them.
>>
>>69024591
Make them dig their own grave, burry them alive.
>>
>>69027403
>Saves Money

(Citation Required)
>>
>>69027403
>Removes them from the gene pool
This is an interesting point. In that case children of convicted criminals should be watched by authorities.
>>
>>69027575

Define miserable. Because, short of having a world's worth of entertainment available and the ability to breed, prisoners in civilized countries tend to have it pretty solid.

Not exactly a good life, but a stable one that can be adapted to.
>>
File: 480px-Troll_Face_Trollface.png (58 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
480px-Troll_Face_Trollface.png
58 KB, 480x480
The death penalty should only apply when there is 100% certainly of the murderer's guilt. Anything less that this should be life imprisonment without parole.
>>
>>69027783

In many cases, depending on the circumstances, they are.
>>
>>69024591
Generally, no. For ISIS members, however...
>>
>>69027837
I see it the other way around. If they are guilty, let them suffer
>>
File: 140680w2000.jpg (325 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
140680w2000.jpg
325 KB, 2000x2000
>>69024591
yes.

Why the fuck we keeps these boons alive in prison where they get fucking 3 square meals, healthcare, and a guaranteed job while everyone else has to fucking work for it is beyond me.

10 seconds with a bolt gun and the problem is solved.
>>
>>69027575
Execution can't be reversed and besides, I never said that tax money is my only concern.
I do want to see the worst of the worst suffer for what they did.

Death Penalty isn't very discouraging for those who would go on a rampage to rape-murder their way through an orphanage.
50 years in a dark hole are much more frightening.
>>
>>69024591

No.

Life in prison is much worse a punishment.
>>
>>69027702

For the UK:
>The average annual cost of keeping someone in prison is around £45,000.

USA:

>State
>Average annual cost per inmate

Alabama
$17,285

New York
$60,076

Vermont
$49,502

This has all the states:
>http://www.vera.org/pubs/special/price-prisons-what-incarceration-costs-taxpayers
>>
>>69024591
>can work -> off to gulag
>can't work -> kill
>>
>>69028081

Do you even realize how much it costs to execute someone you fucking retard?

Mongs like you make me ashamed.
>>
>>69026688
Implying people wouldn't start commiting crimes to gtfo of this shit country.
>>
No.

I think it sets a dangerous precedent to allow the state to decide who lives and who dies
>>
>>69028174
That's one way to deal with the problem. As long as they make more money than they cost they may stay alive.
>>
someone give me ( >>69027186 >>69027555 ) a you. im redpilled....
>>
>>69027023
Killing them remove them entirely preventing them from ever doing the crime again. Imagine how much safer black communities would be if they killed every criminal that lived in them.

The very concept of prison is savage because its based on the human idea of sadistic punishment for doing something wrong, killing someone for doing wrong is not savagery its simply ending the problem in one go.
>>
I support it but I believe it should only be used in cases where the person is proven to be irredeemable, insane, or a nigger.

https://www.tdcj.state.tx.us/death_row/dr_executed_offenders.html

>all these dindus
>YALL NEED TO LET GO THE FACT I STABBED YA SON 40 TIMES OR YALL GOIN TO HELL I DI'INT DO NUFFIN JESUS IS IN MY HEART NOW MEANIN I BES GOIN TO HEAVEN CRACKER
>>
>>69028041
Why do you want to pay for some felon's room and board for the rest of his life? Oh you're probably a poor libtard who pays no taxes
>>
>>69028257
If it was just paying some guy in a black hood to behead someone...
Not much, really.
Buy a nice axe, some cleaning supplies.
Can't cost more than a few hundred moneys. Pay the guy a few thousand and you still pay less than you do if you were housing them.

Not to say that I approve, but it would, technically, by cheaper.
>>
>>69028081
According to a study by the Kansas Judicial Council, defending a death penalty case costs about four times as much as defending a case where the death penalty is not considered. In terms of costs, a report of the Washington State Bar Association found that death penalty cases are estimated to generate roughly $470,000 in additional costs to the prosecution and defense versus a similar case without the death penalty; that doesn’t take into account the cost of court personnel. Even when a trial wasn’t necessary (because of a guilty plea), those cases where the death penalty was sought still cost about twice as much as those where death was not sought. Citing Richard C. Dieter of the non-partisan Death Penalty Information Center, Fox News has reported that studies have “uniformly and conservatively shown that a death-penalty trial costs $1 million more than one in which prosecutors seek life without parole.”

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillipserb/2014/05/01/considering-the-death-penalty-your-tax-dollars-at-work/#19ed2b2f17f0
>>
>>69028041
The true punishment is for the taxpayers, who pay for their life imprisonment
>prison aint free
>>
>>69028536
See
>>69028534
>>
>>69024591
On principle no, the state shouldn't be able to decide who fucking lives and who dies and life imprisonment and isolation are generally worse, just ask /r9k/. However, there are some people that are just too far gone to be able to ever grasp they're being punished and they don't benefit anyone by continuing to exist.
>>
>>69028536
Just do what >>69025120 says
>>
>>69028534
So expedite the trials?
>>
>>69028482

You're living in a fantasy world if you believe we'd ever have some sort of soviet style round them up and shoot them system.

Edgy little fantasies.
>>
>>69028257
You can buy a sledgehammer that'll last forever for a tenner mate... and I'd happily splatter a nigger's head just for fun.
>>
>>69028534
What do legal costs have to do with the fact that housing criminals costs more than just killing them?
>>
>>69028257

Let's work it out, you fucking imbecile.

>A 2003 legislative audit in Kansas found that the estimated cost of a death penalty case was 70% more than the cost of a comparable non-death penalty case. Death penalty case costs were counted through to execution (median cost $1.26 million). Non-death penalty case costs were counted through to the end of incarceration (median cost $740,000).

>Kansas annual cost to house a prisoner: $18,207

$1.26 million - $740,000 = $479,000

Say life imprisonment equals 40 years of being housed. Average cost per year for Kansas is $18,207. This equals a saving of $249,280 by putting the accused to death rather than spending $728,720 over 40 years to house them, feed them and potentially let them breed.

Fucking idiot.
>>
>>69024591
yes im for it

pedophiles and killers deserve it. but not those fucking endless costly state shit. Just a cheap bullet in the head
>>
>>69028784
I know that it's completely impossible. That's why I proposed the much edgier alternative here >>69025120
> round them up and shoot them system.
Really not my style or a good way to punish people.
>>
I think we should just randomly kill people to approximate our natural conditions
>>
>>69028865

Fucked up the calculation, actually $520,000 difference. So a saving of $208,280.
>>
>>69028792
A rope costs less and is quicker and less painful.
>>
>>69028984
Natural selection!
If you aren't lucky enough not to get killed, you would have died anyway!
>>
>>69024591
No. People who are eligible for the death penalty should instead be experimented on for the greater good of the society. Those who are psychopaths should be trained and used for warfare.
>>
AS I STATED HERE: >>69027186
>>69027555

NO KILLING IS JUSTIFIED BUT THE PURPOSE OF PUBLIC HANGINGS IS TO PREVENT CRIMES FROM HAPPENING.

I HOPE TO WITNESS A PUBLIC HANGING SOME DAY
>>
>>69028865

>Having to choose the cheapest state
>Prisoners are executed instantly rather than waiting on death row.

You need to be euthanized.
>>
>>69028770
You cant because their lives are at stake. Thats pretty unhumane (Besides the fact that the penalty is already unhumane).

>>69028812
Who pays for the defense (If you dont have money for a lawyer the state appoints one to you) and for the judges and cost of trials (Multiple and lenghty trials)?
>>
>>69027807
See
>>69025120

>>69028009
>Execution can't be reversed
Neither can the psychological damage caused by extended solitary confinement.

>I do want to see the worst of the worst suffer for what they did
That's a very natural reaction. It's also a barbaric one if followed through. There are people who commit horrific acts of murder and violence. We recognize their actions as sick, evil, depraved. That they committed such acts does not justify you in committing such acts against them. That only serves to bring you down to their level. Sick, evil, and depraved.
>>
What is /pol/'s preferred method of execution? I say we drown mudslimes in a vat of pig's blood, let niggers starve to death while chained just out of reach a KFC chicken bucket and beat kikes to death with a giant menorah.
>>
>>69029409
see >>69029285
>>
>>69029045
Sure but where's the fun in that? It does have a nice traditional appeal I admit, would love to see that nigger 'grobama swinging from a tree.
>>
>>69029301

Haha, you didn't read the report, did you? Unsurprising.

I picked the state that was mentioned in the poll. If you pick New York then the cost would be higher but so would the annual cost per year, hence the savings would likely be similar.

You should read things before you form an opinion, I'm guessing you're a chav.
>>
>>69029409
btw you sound like a fuckin cuck, limey bastard
>>
>>69029409
You are a savage, just cut their heads off with a very sharp electronic guillotine.

Also to all the BUT BUT THEIR LIVES retards you can literally do a brain scan to determine if someone will become a criminal.
>>
File: 89380996_alnr111 (1).jpg (33 KB, 320x449) Image search: [Google]
89380996_alnr111 (1).jpg
33 KB, 320x449
>>69024591
I don't believe, that our own people must die for anything. Executing foreigners for serious crimes against our culture is OK. I.e. murder of children and old people, killing of the Emperor, destroying the sacred parts of our heritage.

You have to pay, anglo.
>>
>>69029358
>That only serves to bring you down to their level. Sick, evil, and depraved.
See, sometimes going down to their level is needed.
You can't always have the moral highground and stay there, that's the kind of behavior that ends in a society that get's overrun by those 'stronger' and more ruthless than itself.

>He who fights monsters yadda yadda.

Where there are monsters, there have to be those who take care of them even if the means are not pretty to look at.
When the monsters are gone. Then you have your beautiful, nice world. Until then...
>>
>>69029409
a 50¢ bullet in the pedo's head
hanging for the murderers
>>
I'd prefer if a Colosseum was open again. Throw all criminals in there to fight to the death for the crowd's entertainment. The winner gets house arrest while everyone else dies.
>>
>>69029669
dumb frail little dog
>>
>>69029740
stupid as hell.
>>
>>69029709

I hate the "moral highground" argument. It's weak and pathetic. It's like that fucking cuck who came out when his girlfriend was blown up by terrorists and he said "oh, the terrorists don't deserve my anger". ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?! These scum blew up your girlfriend and you just sit there passively saying you're not going to get angry?
>>
>>69029941
It's admirable but at the same time incredibly stupid and naive.
>>
>>69030053

It's idealistic. It's the type of thing I would have thought sounded good when I was 16 and believed everyone in the world was generally a good person.
>>
>>69029941
Even if theyre wrong, getting angry wont help you. You must plow through and face the suffering like a man. Focus on yourself. And work to stop anything from violating your rights and the rights of those you love.
>>
File: 1413434804_362adf.jpg (39 KB, 600x340) Image search: [Google]
1413434804_362adf.jpg
39 KB, 600x340
>>69029749
Yes, show your rot - your true self of dirty anglo to everybody.
>>
>>69029647.
A cuck? Look at the faggot you cunts elected... I rest may case.
>>
>>69029941

>I want to let the state kill its own citizens that they choose to
>Knowing 4% of convicts are innocent

Not sure if cucked, retarded or just being an edge kiddie.
>>
>>69024905
It's a small price in order to eliminate the scum
>>
>>69030402
Your 'case' is a flag attack. Gayest trick in the book. Nice try though you mutated inbred goatfucker
>>
>>69030493

>Makes an argument against the death penalty
>Says that the state are correct 96% of the time

Nice one.
>>
>>69030368
Your people are sub-human. Maybe focus on improving your shit hole instead of complaining about the bourgeois capitalists :)
>>
>>69024591
Nah, I don't.

Would you be willing to go to the chair for believe in the death penalty? Because that's the question you have to ask yourself. With an imperfect legal system (compromised by imperfect prosecution techniques and imperfect ways of assessing evidence in a case), you will always wrongly convict men and women. So if you favour death penalty over alternatives - would you be willing to die for that system? Because that's what might happen.
>>
>>69031111
The purpose of capital punishment is also to prevent people from commiting crimes you DUMB NAZIBOI
>>
>>69030822

Well, you clearly don't mind a bit of state murder of its own citizens here and there, in which case our point of view will never meet.

I'm not fond of that kind of state is always right collectivism, I value my independence and grew out of statism when I was about 16.
>>
>>69024591
Absolutely not.

1: it costs 3x more to execute someone than it does to keep them in prison for life.
2: it violates the 8th amendment
3: innocent lives being taken by our government is inexcusable
4: It accomplishes nothing. There is absolutely nothing to suggest any deterrent effect.
5: the idea that it's the 'worst punishment possible' is false. Polls FROM prisoners show it's split 50/50 on what's worse, life w/o parole or death sentence. That's not even considering solitary.

Life without parole is cheaper, just as effective, more humane, and allows for release of someone if found innocent.
Prison shouldn't be about "punishment" in most cases anyway. It should be more about rehabilitation, as it's been proven to be WAY more successful in crime prevention
>>
File: 1458945183938.jpg (20 KB, 441x414) Image search: [Google]
1458945183938.jpg
20 KB, 441x414
>>69024591
I'm against the death penalty because it is only an act of revenge which doesn't do anything for society. I propose that the state do all that it can to extract labor from these sorts of people. If they resist or don't cooperate, then they should become test subjects for medical experiments. This system is far superior to capital punishment and actually does a service to society -- in the most extreme cases providing a moral resolution to human testing for medical technology progress. The best part is that under this system, a person who is wrongly convicted of a heinous crime will always have the ability to confer with lawyers and read law books if they are well behaved and have their case reexamined.
>>
>>69031321
>The purpose of capital punishment is also to prevent people from commiting crimes
How's that working out? The body of evidence suggests that capital punishment is worthless in terms of deterring violent crime.
>>
>>69024591
It is not a deterrent. It is unnecessarily cruel. There isn't any good reason to kill a human who poses no threat.

No, I do not support it. I can understand those who do, however.
>>
>>69024591
Death penalty is retarded.
Forced labour is the best solution. Doesn't cost a penny and actually generates money. If someone os actually innocent, he gets released and payed for the work he did, equivalent to the money he would have got if he was free and did the job he had the qualifications for + the usual money given for someone innocently incarcerated.
>>
>>69032058
>There isn't any good reason to kill a human who poses no threat.
>who poses no threat

?
>>
File: 94539-054.jpg (5 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
94539-054.jpg
5 KB, 251x251
yes

murders = hang
drug dealers = hang

>it costs 3x more to execute someone than it does to keep them in prison for life

>more humane

for murderers and human junk

the wut? this is why america has a crime problem. HANG THEM
>>
>>69025120
The death penalty is a cleanse of society not a necessarily punishment
>>
>>69032270

meant to reply

>>69031665

pretty sure a rope costs less than HOUSING them for life
>>
>>69032270
>it costs 3x more to execute someone than it does to keep them in prison for life
The fuck? Rope is cheap as fuck and you can reuse it.
>>
>>69032270

Singapore, the safest place I've ever visited. You know how it's done.
>>
>>69032381
Never change, Poland.
>>
>>69032270
Enjoy getting sued into oblivion if you hang an innocent man without knowing.
>>
>>69025890
It's a crime regardless of the time, Tyrone
>>
File: dance.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>>69024591
In it's current form in the USA, no. It's stupid. It takes 20+ years for prisoners to actually be executed because of all the appeals and bullshit. Also, the issue of wrongful/sketchy conviction is a big one.

I think that in clear cut, completely no brainer "he did it" type cases (video/photo evidence, 5+ eye witnesses, confession) it makes sense, but there shouldn't be all the fucking around. Just stand the guy up and shoot him. Bam, done. $5 worth of 223 rounds would do the trick in less than a second. Stop with the lethal injection faggotry and just use the simplest and most effective means.
>>
>>69033343

Nice fantasy
>>
File: 1400442997610.png (427 KB, 707x720) Image search: [Google]
1400442997610.png
427 KB, 707x720
>>69024591
Against.

1) Immoral to kill someone when they are no longer a threat to anyone. Put them in prison for life without the possibility of parole.

2) It is more expensive than life in prison. People will counter this by saying "a bullet doesn't cost very much" but they don't understand that the costs are because of things outside of the execution process like appeals. If you want to reduce the cost you will essentially have to change how the justice system works.

3) Innocent people can, and have been executed. At least with life in prison they have a longer chance to clear their name somehow. Also the death penalty has been used against people who are mentally handicapped.

4) This is kind of linked to number 3, but death penalty is used as a means to pressure people into admitting guilt so that they don't get the death penalty. Sure this can be good if the person is actually guilty, but it's terrible if the person is innocent.

I get it. You want revenge. But rationally there's not much going for the idea of the death penalty. At least if you understand that not everyone who is found guilty is actually guilty.
>>
>>69033343
>I think that in clear cut, completely no brainer "he did it" type cases (video/photo evidence, 5+ eye witnesses, confession)

This is going to be one son of a bit to formulate into proper law, and that's why it isn't feasible.

Guilty / not guilty is difficult enough at times, and we see it fail too often. Putting an arbitrary threshold onto what evidence is required for capital punishment will open up the system to further abuse.
>>
>>69024591
I used to be against it but now I see that death penalty in the places we do still use them isn't harsh enough. We need to start using medieval torture devices. I'd pay to watch thug groids and spic gangsters get killed/tortured on TV.
>>
>>69033343
If you want to end bullshit criminal trials that legislate hidden cameras set up EVERYWHERE in the USA so when commits a crime you will always have absolute evidence and wont have to rely on dumb human witnesses with faulty memories at best.

Seriously most crime in african countries are solved by security cameras.
>>
>>69033754

Bring back seppuku
>>
>>69033657
that's the obvious flaw. a guilty verdict is a binary decision, there aren't different degrees of guilt to a crime.

>>69033763
are you retarded?
>>
File: 20160318232733_1.jpg (507 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160318232733_1.jpg
507 KB, 1920x1080
>>69024591
yes
>>
>>69034000
No I type too fast.
>>
Yeah but only for felons who were convicted with hard evidence and it has to happen fast too, no 20 years on death row.

Also no rehabilitation or programs for repeat offenders, just punishment. In Europe especially all the three star hotel shit has got to go. Makes prison a cakewalk and is way too expensive. Shit needs to be set up Joe Arpaio style.
>>
>>69025120
>we have an edgelord in our midst
>>
Absolutely not. Even though some people are better of dead.

I don't like the idea of a government killing someone that's 'captured'. And the biggest flaw judicial error.
>>
>>69024591
I'm torn on the issue.
I have low emotional intelligence and underdeveloped empathy/sympathy. Part of me just wants to see all rapists and murders die, and have what they did to their victims done to them on national TV.
But then the libertarian side of me is totally against it because government can't be trusted.
>>
>>69033657
That's only because law is set up intentionally obtuse so lawyers and can earn a fortune deciphering it and speaking in a superfluously coded language.
>>
File: 1279319328242.jpg (123 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1279319328242.jpg
123 KB, 600x800
>>69024591
No.

Certainly there are plenty of people who deserve to die, but after having worked with and in the court system in this country for several years I know how ridiculously corrupt it is. I would not have such a system judging who gets to die.

If we had a magical way of determining guilt or innocence, then I would support having the death penalty for just about every crime ala TNG's Justice episode.
>>
File: WORKS.jpg (275 KB, 964x805) Image search: [Google]
WORKS.jpg
275 KB, 964x805
>>69025299
>>69025502
>>69025839
>>69025890
>>69026432
>>69031111
>>69031611
>>69031665
>>69032058
>>69032648
>>69033581
>>69034455

>muh feelings
>muh morality
>muh criminals are humans too

liberalism manufactured cucks. Irrefutable cases with hard evidence= hang. They dont deserve kindness and respect if they knowingly take a life and cause suffering. And also the electric chair/ lethal injection is stupid and convoluted.

if they peddle hard drugs which ruin countless lives = hang.

no dragged out nonsense, no special treatment, just hang them.

in the minute off chance of wrongful execution just pay out a settlement. You'll still end up with a much safer community and less money spent.

>>69032514
ikr, it works.
>>
>>69033957
What do you mean back? I though it was a common practice among de japs
>>
>>69035393
Think again, anon.

The death penalty is literally the ONLY thing that keeps black on white crime rates from being higher than they already are. Niggers don't fear jail, they fear the chair or the table.
>>
>>69035400
Congrats, you took outliers and applied it to everything else. And ignored all the other countries out there that contradict what you're saying.
>>
>>69035400
Austria (no capital punishment) is quite up there, isn't it?
>>
>>69036007
>>69036096

they dont have a nigger and gun problem like america has

you need hard laws for animals. Its the only thing they'd understand.
>>
>>69036196
While that might be, you'll see that murder rates in US states with death penalty are across the board higher than in states without. That of course does not imply that removing the death penalty will reduce murder rates short-term, but it partially defuses the argument that death penalty is effective as a crime deterrent. The data suggests it's not.
>>
>>69036825
so what do you suggest? austria is a very homogeneous and close knit country (at least thats my impression). Its different.

I dont feel that mass murderers should continue to leech off state resources + cause problems in jail in lots of cases. Why should tax money go to feed them?
>>
>>69037208
>I dont feel that mass murderers should continue to leech off state resources + cause problems in jail in lots of cases. Why should tax money go to feed them?

You are looking at the issue on a highly personal, but not societal level. You seem to ask why your tax money should go into feeding them via just putting a bullet into their brains. Basing politics on such observations is never a good idea.

The data is out there, and what I 'feel' about mass murderers leeching off anyone isn't really a way to go about these matters. I assume we both want a decision here that results in less people being murdered, no? In that case, the evidence suggests not to implement death penalty.

If you want your decision to be based on the question "Do we want people feel better about not having to spend tax money on feeding murder scum?" we might go pro death penalty. With all its implications.
Thread replies: 167
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.