[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is anyone here on SSRI medication? And if so, I'd like to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: lobotomy.jpg (77 KB, 528x360) Image search: [Google]
lobotomy.jpg
77 KB, 528x360
Is anyone here on SSRI medication? And if so, I'd like to ask why do you keep taking them?

First of all, depression isn't even a real illness, not being happy with your life or yourself is normal.
Secondly, literally almost nobody on SSRIs has any positive effects from them. In fact, it's quite the opposite. They make you gain weight like crazy, your dick won't work and you just don't feel anything, or so I've heard since I've never touched that shit.

I had to take a few weeks off of work because of pneumonia, and when I visited the doctor the other day he suggested that my prolonged illness might also be because of "psychological" reasons, and offered to give a prescription for SSRIs. I told him to go fuck himself and walked out.

Why do these kikes keep pushing this shit on people?
>>
I went nuts after a break up and started taking them. I've been on them for a year and I'm tapering off them right now. Should be Prozac free by the end of May.

Basically they make you kind of numb and less melodramatic if you're going through a meltdown. My dick works just fine and I weigh like 145 and I'm 6'3". Skinny af.

Biggest negative side effect is that it makes me give too little fucks and I want to sleep all day.
>>
File: 1454220299838.png (222 KB, 1000x924) Image search: [Google]
1454220299838.png
222 KB, 1000x924
>A Finn lecturing people on depression
>>
Went through some early tween angst when i was 10-11 put on resperdal. 19 now and realizing it was just that i dropped them and never felt better. I may have no future but at least i have a postive outlook on everything that happens
>>
They are crap. Just take opiates
>>
>>69014244
I wanted to kill myself everyday but with zoloft I don't
>>
>>69014953
"Finns are all depressed" is just a meme. Summer here is fucking beautiful and the sun doesn't even go down during june.
Then for the rest of the year idiots feel bad because summer is over and they have vitamin-D deficiency and think they are depressed.
>>
Depressed because I can't get laid. Can't get laid because I'm depressed. SSRIs lower libido just enough so that I don't even care anymore. They're great.
>>
I take Zoloft for anxiety (PTSD). It's fine, but must be used in conjunction with therapy. Habituation therapy and grounding exercises are the best way for anxiety to be curbed, but the medication does make it easier. My psychologist is way more of a pill pusher than my psychiatrist (weird, huh?) And keeps trying to recommend benzos for me to my psychiatrist. I convinced my psychiatrist to give me blood pressure meds instead, since I have hypertension anyway. It works for that near-instant effect, but I realize benzos would be more beneficial (But not worth it because of the dangerous side effects, dependency, and tolerance)
>>
>>69014863
A fuckin lanklet
>>
>Depression isn't a real illness

Well, I mean it's not like pneumonia. But it is a chemical imbalance in the brain. People with clinical depression who take SSRIs usually have relief of symptoms. With that said, a lot of the drugs are metabolized by different enzymes, so people's responses to them are different. Although, I believe it's something like 32% of the people on SSRI's actually fit the criteria for clinical depression. Go figure.
>>
before i started taking Lexapro I would constantly ask myself "why go on? what's the point? really? i hate my life, i hate myself, i have nothing to live for".

While all that is true, life is better with meds. If I wanted to die, I would stop taking Lexapro and then kill myself. And I would be happy doing so.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.