[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Today is the first day in a very long time that I'm going
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16
File: tumblr_nrawepF7XG1smho41o1_1280.jpg (175 KB, 1024x682) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nrawepF7XG1smho41o1_1280.jpg
175 KB, 1024x682
Today is the first day in a very long time that I'm going to church, /pol/. However, I don't know if Catholicism is right for me. This is a Christian board, can anons give me a tl;dr of all the various denominations in terms of how literally they take the Bible?

I don't know where I belong but I sure as hell know if fellow worshippers take something like Adam and Eve literally and say the earth is a couple thousand years old, I don't want to be part of it.
>>
>Going to church
>A few days after the Pope kisses mudslime feet
Coincedence?
>>
>>69002790
Only American evangelicals believe that stupid shit

Catholic church supports evolution, they just think god had a hand in it
>>
Become an orthodox franciscan.
>>
Southern Baptists accept the bible is inerrant, but say it is the individuals job to read and interpret it for themselves. So while a ton of them choose to be fundies, the theology is more "figure it out yourself".
Still, if you can't handle fundies, then it's not for you. I'd suggest the methodists.
>>
>>69002955
Tell me more bro? Sounds like something I can get behind. I've a revived agnostic since browsing /pol/. IMO, the shunning of the Christian and the morals it preaches has caused the downfall of the West.
>>
>>69002790
Catholic Church understand the Bible like allegories most of the time.
Latelly they're opening more to common people cultural believes, like gay shit and so.
Still there are some things that are forbidden tho, like abortion.
>>
>>69002790
Statistics suggest this board is non-believer don't fool yourself
>>
Just follow the bible.

Jesus never told you to go to a church and eat communion.he never told you to Ask a priest to ask Jesus to forgive you (you can do that yourself). Literally no mentions of a Christian church building in scripture. (Church buildings are based off pagan temples)

Most churches have been infiltrated by the Masonic lodge anyway. Every type. It's safer to practice your faith with friends or yourself wherever you are, just like Jesus did. Many church he's brainwash now, ESPECIALLY Catholic Churches. Just look at the pope. The guy is totally anti-Christian
>>
>>69003216
There's some truth to that. Strong moral principles (whether from religion or whatever) has a huge effect on the chances a person will turn to crime. Even niggers with single mothers who are abused as children are less likely to become dindus if they come from a religious background.
>>
>>69002790
Catholics dont believe in a young earth and they believe in evolution. Say what you will about Catholicism but its history of science and philosophy mean it is pretty much the only major denomination that allows its believers to see science as fact. Thomas Aquinas says that if the church denies what science proves then the Church will become a joke.
>>
>>69002790
be protestant or reformed
i love being reformed, i don't need to obey a fucking pope
>>
>>69002955
Catholic church literally never released any statement on that theory other than that is irrelevant to the religion and your own decision.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catholic_Church_and_evolution

>>69002790
I hate to send you to reddit but you're probably better off there and it's bazillion christian boards or just ask your priest
>>
>>69002790
Also tolstoyism is the only not lame version of Christianity go read into that
>>
>>69003505
Taking the advantage to remind people that there is a difference between a successful black man and a nigger.
>>
>>69003560
Are heretics in Europe as fucking retarded and anti-thinking as the one's here in America?
>>
>>69003579
That's what I thought I said, didn't mean to cause confusion but I completely agree.
>>
>>69003452

Christianity Is Christianity. No if ands or buts. Just like Islam is Islam, there are not moderate Muslims, because they are not following Mohammad's footsteps.

The bible is very clear in what is and what isn't right. People just try to find shortcuts. Don't take the shortcuts. Just try to follow correctly the best you can.

And btw. There will be a rapture before the anti-Christ takes his throne. Don't miss it ;) don't want you to have your hear chopped off do we? Lol
>>
why is Adam and Eve taken literally, retarded, but believing the literal co-creator of the universe indwelled the body of a Jewish carpenter is perfectly fine?

the mental gymnastics of non-literal Christians blows my mind
>>
File: 0.jpg (52 KB, 499x499) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
52 KB, 499x499
>>69002790
I'm just going to leave this here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2qwRP6Y2PM [Embed]
Catholic mass for the ww2 fascist leader
we have it every year, 3 days after Christmass (28.12. - the date he died)

also, any Tridentine bros in this thread?
>>
>>69003513

Exactly what satan wants you to believe.

A billion year old earth has no scientific grounding. No does evolution.

Only Microevolution
>>
just go atheist/agnostic

You can't prove God isn't real
But you can't prove he is either

I personally prefer science over an invisible jew zombie that lives in the sky, religion is as bizarre as the idea of the fucking toothfairy.
>>
>>69003630
And statistically that difference is religious upbringing
>>
>>69003750
I can't understand people who can't fathom the concept that most of what Christianity and the Bible teaches are metaphors anyway.
>>
File: Who started your church.jpg (88 KB, 747x940) Image search: [Google]
Who started your church.jpg
88 KB, 747x940
Catholicism is the only answer. Get yourself a catechism (second edition) before making any judgments. Only Catholics have church fathers for thousands of years that have successfully described the deciphered bible. protestants have no spirituality and orthodox have spite, anger and backwardness.
>>
All the people here thinking the Jews run everything when it's actually the Jesuits and the Catholic Church. Lol
>>
>>69003918

is Jesus a metaphor?
>>
>>69003918
Most people don't think logically through stuff m8
>>
>>69003901
I haven't seen such stats but I'd be inclined to agree. I mean, I don't think you even need to go to church or even believe in God so long as the same principles in morality and judgement are taught from a young age.
>>
>>69003452
You don't understand, Islam is gaining adepts every day, meanwhile Christianity loses them.
The only way to gain western believers is appealing to their leftards values.
Hence the Pope is a cunning man.
>>
>>69003513
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lemaître

Bill Maher also did a documentary about religion and the Catholic Church stumped the fuck out of him. The lead scientist for evolution in the documentary was Catholic as well.

Aethiest like to take all the credit for science yet it's always been the Catholic Church that beats them. Especially in medicine.

As for our current pope just wait for the piece of shit to die. He doesn't represent us.
>>
>>69004019
No, Jesus was just a nice, smart guy. His messages are presented in the Bible in the form of metahphors.
>>
>>69003817
Why would satan want me to believe something that makes me feel closer to my church and God?
>>
>>69002790
No Catholic I've ever met (myself included) believes in Creationism
>>
>>69003817
A billion year old earth has no scientific grounding

Oh look the evangelical heretics are here

Have fun burning in hell for all eternity
>>
>>69004378
Even if they don't believe in it they tend to believe in the bearded jew in the sky which is practically the same thing
>>
>>69004023
Well you don't have a be a professor in logic or a student of socrates to understand the water out wine is a bit of a stretch.
>>
Question: If real, is God a fascist?
>>
>>69002790
>This is a Christian board

okay buddy, sure it is.
>>
>>69002790
It's a troll board, most people here only like the christian memes.
>>
>>69002790
/pol/ is not a Christian board faggot.
>>
>>69004040

That's exactly the book of revelation. Don't you understand? There is going to be a falling away if you like it or not. Nothing you can do to stop it. The people who stick with the bibles exact words will be saved. The ones who don't will be left here to deal with the anti-Christ (most likely a catholic prophet who vows to save Israel from Islamic barbarians at their door steps, which is why the Jews will worship him and sit him on the throne)

The bible literally tells you this and it's happening. Yeah, it's tough. Buts it's real, and it's going to happen in a few years to come most likely. Don't fall for the "Jews are behind this all" deal, it's the Jesuits. The beast is the Vatican. Why is the pope all of a sudden preaching evolution & climate change? He's preaching false doctrine. Exactly what the bible said would happen, and the great falling away. Bible also states you know Jesus is almost here when the days are just like the days of Noah, perversions, homosexuality, idol worshiping, witchcraft, adultery, impurity.

Look around you. It's everywhere.
>>
File: 1457389200547.jpg (70 KB, 526x701) Image search: [Google]
1457389200547.jpg
70 KB, 526x701
>>69004708
>>69004763
Hello, Newfags.
>>
>>69004921
Eat shit caliphate
We are a nationalist board, religion doesn't enter into it
>>
>>69004209

You rely on false doctrine to get closer to the devil himself.

Evolution is pseudo-science and has been debunked a few days since it's existence. Scientists don't drop it because that would only leave creation left. They believe in God, they just wish he wasn't real.
>>
>>69005018
>Atheist Nationalists
Holy shit, would an unbelievable failure that would be.
>>
>>69004916
So the only options would be
>getting cucked by islam
>getting cucked by religion
>getting cucked by the leftists

Fuck you and your bullshit, i'm moving to Straya
>>
>>69005095
Evangelicals please leave, the grown ups are talking
>>
File: 1310497836236.png (1 MB, 550x552) Image search: [Google]
1310497836236.png
1 MB, 550x552
>>69005018
Why do teenagers always have to come here and spout natsoc bullshit? /pol/ has, and always will be a Christian board. If you aren't saved, then you should accept Jesus, especially on this sacred day of his resurrection.
>>
>>69002790
All religion is inherently stupid and you are stupid.
>>
>>69005199
>especially on this sacred day of his resurrection.
Hello where is broof :DDDD
>>
>>69003216
The Catholic Church has almost never believed the earth is 6000 years old.

Read Augustine. He lived ~1600 years ago, and he believed the days in Genesis were not literal days. He said they were probably long periods of time. He said this over 1000 years before evolution was known to be a thing.
>>
>>69002790
>This is a Christian board

>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>>/x/
>>
>>69004921
Anyone who has been on this board for a serious length of time knows the board is by and large atheist/agnostic and has a disproportionate number of libertarians, tip-tip
>>
>>69005359
I want to believe. Is Jesus coming back soon?
>>
>>69002955
Catholics also believe in the retarded premise of transubstantiation, where the crackers and wine LITERALLY turn into flesh and blood in your mouth. Literally. It's like they want to be labelled cannibals.
>>
>>69005150

You're going to be "cucked" either way. Enjoy this life all you want. You will be the devils cuckhold for eternity
>>
>>69005445
>atheist board

Go back to plebbit you faggot fuck.
>>
>>69005720
Do you get out much?
>>
Just attend a non denominational church, its what I do.
>>
File: 1455383418879.jpg (15 KB, 235x212) Image search: [Google]
1455383418879.jpg
15 KB, 235x212
>>69003817
>a billion year old earth has no scientific grounding. No does evolution

There's no way anyone can be this retarded with the internet at their fingertips. Must be bait.
>>
>>69005117
The Nazis were atheistic nationalists you stupid fuck. And they sure didn't fail because of their atheism.
>>
File: 1458161858250.jpg (29 KB, 282x546) Image search: [Google]
1458161858250.jpg
29 KB, 282x546
Kek em
>>
>>69002855
>be anglican bishop
>be woman
>be lesbian
>be for muslim prayer in churches
Chose on..... Wait, no you can actually be all of that at once in the great church founded on a guy blaming women for his failure or bad luck of not making male heirs.
>Oh no the weak Pope kisses feet all Catholics are cucks
Yet still, it is Protestant Sweden, Protestant north-western Germany and Protestant England best known for such weakness.

>>69003760
>"mass for a criminal"
Who made the video, RTS, BN or RTRS?

>>69003817
>no scientific grounding
Get lost, the theory of the big bang was even layed down by a priest of the mother church, and he propably is more learned in both faith and science than you.
>>
>>69005559
No idea. Jesus Himself says in the New Testament that only God the Father knows when He is returning. The Church has been eagerly awaiting His return ever since He was raised.
>>
>>69005966
Kek konfirmed

Praise him
>>
>>69005850
>USA ID
I dunno, they tend to be extremly stupid
>>
File: HeresyStamp.png (81 KB, 350x350) Image search: [Google]
HeresyStamp.png
81 KB, 350x350
>>69005720
>believes evolution is a lie
>his "christianity" is actually a bunch of voodoo niggers doing heretic stuff with a bible in some wooden shack in front of a few dozen of barely literate retards
>is probably mormon/amish/random ameritard cult
>believes that God gives a shit about homo asses, masturbation and premarital sex

Shitpost at your will heretic, you are going to be the one sucking satan's cock one day
>>
>>69005960
You are right, friend. I'm sorry.
>>
>>69006025
Surely it's soon though, considering the rampant degeneracy?
>>
File: hmp.jpg (69 KB, 600x761) Image search: [Google]
hmp.jpg
69 KB, 600x761
>>69006025
Funny thing, the Jews are still waiting for the Messiah...After killing him themselves.
>>
File: 19847366578443.jpg (79 KB, 649x549) Image search: [Google]
19847366578443.jpg
79 KB, 649x549
>>69002790
>I don't know where I belong but I sure as hell know if fellow worshippers take something like Adam and Eve literally and say the earth is a couple thousand years old, I don't want to be part of it.

this is something i never understood. most christians i've talked to (i went to catholic school) do not believe things in the bible actually happened the way it is written. they always say it's just a parable or it's up for interpretation. if that's the case then why the hell do they call themselves christians? they don't even believe what the bible says.
>>
>>69006232
I'm sure the prince of peace cares enough about gay marriage to zombify himself for you
>>
>>69002790
Do you like kissing refugee feet?
>>
>>69002790

you can be catholic i guess, and still think pope is an idiot. im sure they did it with the Medici
>>
>>69006321
Degeneracy doesn't just encompass gay marriage, Anon.
>>
>>69006291
If you look at the bible in a purely literal way you'd realize it's full of shit.

That's why the common mechanism to cope with this discrepance is believing that the writings are just metaphores up for interpretation.
>>
File: 1455580535755.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1455580535755.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>69005966
always
>>
>>69006482
Do you believe there is an objective interpretation to the metaphors though?
>>
>>69006232
I would hope so, but I personally doubt it.

I'm pretty sure every generation of the Church has believed that Jesus would return in their lifetimes.

Degeneracy has been rampant since forever. There have also been many wars in the past 2000 years which people have thought signaled the end times. Wars between Christians and Muslims (including the Crusades), two world wars, etc. You name it, someone probably thought it meant the end times were coming. I'm sure many Christians think that the current wars against Muslim terrorists signal the end times.

It's true that Jesus prophesied that warring would take place prior to His return. I can't guarantee that He won't be returning within our lifetimes. But I also doubt He will, mostly because of this long history of people expecting it and then it doesn't happen.
>>
File: 1-1897.jpg (112 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
1-1897.jpg
112 KB, 960x640
>>69005987
net.hr
its a communist/serb shitfest of a newspaper
its a joke
its a big fat mess
>>
>>69002790
Catholics don't take the bible too literally. Thogh there are some dogmas that they don't question like the sanctity of Christ, The virgin Mary, the holly spirit and some of Christ's teachings. Though some will be more devoted than others and take far more from the bible than they should
>>
File: 0003.jpg (33 KB, 421x417) Image search: [Google]
0003.jpg
33 KB, 421x417
>>69003452
this
you don't need anyone else to interpret it for you if you can read it yourself
>>
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 259x259) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 259x259
How does one into Catholic?

I'm scared to do so honestly, like the meat on Friday thing, and can I use condoms anymore without feeling bad? And do I have to say every horrible thing I've ever done to the priest? And how do I ever start to get into it? It's so confusing tbqh
>>
>>69006641
How can we let something like that exist? When will it be closed down and forbidden? When will Zlatko purge the media of chetnocommunsim?
>>
>>69006482
but then how can one justify calling themselves a christian
>>
Islam is the only religion people take seriously anymore.
>>
>>69006722
>Buying into all of the bullshit and not just reading the bible, trying to get closer to God, and living a life after the model of Christ

I'm not a believer, but come on. I can at least respect the people who honestly try to live the Christian way, but anyone who falls for the bullshit like confession, no birth control, transubstantiation, is just an idiot.
>>
>>69006722
Love your neighbour, forgive your enemies, do not anger, doing anything more is just stupid, sermon on the mount m8
>>
>>69006722
Start kissing refugee feet
>>
>>69006722
>And do I have to say every horrible thing I've ever done to the priest?

Yeah, you would. Can't really get around that one. I've had to confess some pretty embarrassing shit. When I was a young anon, before I become a more serious Christian, I did several acts of public masturbation, and I almost did an act of bestiality. I had to tell this to a priest. He forgave me and didn't look at me like I was a worthless piece of shit either. It was nice because now I know I never have to confess that stuff again since I don't plan on doing it ever again. God has forgiven me.

>And how do I ever start to get into it?

Go talk to a Catholic priest about it at your local Church. Basically, they will put you into a class that will teach you the basics of the faith. Then when that's done, you'll go to Church on some Sunday and get Baptized (and probably confirmed at the same time). One you're baptized and confirmed, you're a full Catholic like all the other ones.
>>
>>69006608
As long as whoever wrote those metaphors remains dead then nope, it will be just people making shit up based on how they think he meant it. Maybe one of those interpretations is the correct one, but there would be no way to know.

>>69006956
I wouldn't know because i'm not even one, but i guess their faith has been so distorted it just happens that way.

It's like when people think that god can mean whatever you want it to mean, that his definition is subjective or outright say he can't be defined.
In that case the word "God" would mean everything and ultimately amout to nothing.

Guess something like that happened to christians, they just grew up believing in whatever the people around them taught them to and just ended up calling it christianity.
>>
>>69002790
We'll put this a a family example

Catholics are the men of the household
Eastern Orthodox are the retarded little brothers
Lutherans are the rebel children
All other Protestants are the Lutherans bastard children.
>>
I've been a Catholic for 25 years now, I'm 25 years old.

Just recently gave up on lent and for the first time in a long time, missed three consecutive Sunday's of church. I went to confession Tuesday with the intent of going to Mass today. I pull up and see all the people I've never seen before, parading their kids around in their Easter clothes and decided to just turn back around and go home. I can't take it anymore.

My family and friends have slowly started to not go. Now it's just down to me. I actually helped with ushering for 9 years and thought about being a reader, but they implemented this new bull shit where you have to sign up with the diocese so they can check your background for criminal activity and pedophillia. This is for fucking VOLUNTEER work mind you. I filled out the paper work, but when I registered I had to take this 3 hour online test/education video. I was getting all the answers correct about what to do if you think someone is being abused, but there were videos afterwards of true stories and it just disturbed me.

When it comes to faith, I'm just in a downward spiral. I question it now all the time. What is God's point? It's been roughly 1983 years since Jesus died. We get it. What's the plan here. I'm sick of feeling flawed and depressed. I'm sick of the same readings and gospels year after year. Things don't seem to be getting better, only worse. My family is starting to finally separate (despite the fact that my parents are still married and everyone is around) and I don't feel comradery with anyone anymore. It's like everything is going to shit and there's nothing I can do about it. We used to have traditions for Christmas and Easter, but now, that's pretty much non-existent.

I've had about as much as I can take don't know about this faith thing anymore. It's a beautiful day today, I took a walk to try and get my mind off everything, but I feel burned out and hollow. All the stuff going on in our society is taking it's toll on me too
>>
body and blood of Christ are not symbolic
>catholicism
>>
>>69007811
>actually helped with ushering for 9 years and thought about being a reader, but they implemented this new bull shit where you have to sign up with the diocese so they can check your background for criminal activity and pedophillia. This is for fucking VOLUNTEER work mind you. I filled out the paper work, but when I registered I had to take this 3 hour online test/education video. I was getting all the answers correct about what to do if you think someone is being abused, but there were videos afterwards of true stories and it just disturbed me.
Paperwork and training videos are what any large Western bureaucracy implements to handle allegations of abuse. Had it been the Anglicans who were caught kiddy fiddling they would have the same paperwork.
>>
File: 11-1848.png (67 KB, 712x660) Image search: [Google]
11-1848.png
67 KB, 712x660
>>69006875
it's a 6 year old video
HDZ is reforming the shit out of media as much as they can so far in these 3 months
there is still a really long way to go though
if you want to watch pure Croatian TV tune into Z1 or Osjecka (Bujica is a great show, makes all the lefties get assblasted its just hillarious to watch them react to each episode he films)
>>
>>69008209

That's not the sole reason I feel this way though, there isn't one catalyst.

I just feel bummed out and it doesn't feel like God or Jesus is the answer anymore. In fact, I'm beginning to think there isn't an answer to anything really. I've been getting increasingly nihilistic as each year passes.
>>
>>69006365
That is fucking disgusting
>>
>>69002790
Hello fellow Christcuck, how does it make you feel that the pope kissed some sandniggers feet?
>>
>>69008914
The trick is to intentionally believe in something harmless you know to be false. If you can't do that with Christianity, try something more modern, like meme magic or Ebola-chan or that Bernie Sanders will become President.
>>
>>69003682
umm, not that much, they're just libcucks
>>
>>69002790
>being one of those pieces of shit that only goes to church on Christmas or Easter
yes we hate you yes it us annoying you are there and no we dont give a fuck if you join our diocese or not
>>
>>69003630
>black
>nigger
bullshit they are all like zombies they all have the chimpout virus in them some just have more restraint then others
>>
>>69005329
>hurr durr religion dumb but I cant prove my points so ill just call you stupid
autism: the post
>>
>>69005960
actually not true
>>
>>69002790
I'm a former Southern Baptist, confirmed Methodist

I have to say, I hold the Orthodox Church in high regard. Their theology is impressive and they've maintained the tradition and mystic qualities that make it feel like authentic Christianity
>>
>>69006722
While sex without birth control still is degenerate, condoms are actually one of the better birth controls as the egg doesnt get fertilised, which means it's consistent with pro-life ethics : )
>>
>>69002790
Did the pope discover /pol/?
>>
>>69002790
Came back from masses with eucharist Jesus in my heart

Happy Easter
Deus vult
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 16

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.