[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Christianity is dead unless it modernizes. Why not keep the morality
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
File: 1455816156180.png (65 KB, 297x308) Image search: [Google]
1455816156180.png
65 KB, 297x308
Christianity is dead unless it modernizes. Why not keep the morality but do away with:.
> sexual judgements
> marriage as important
> God having a gender
> virgin birth and resurrection
> sins
If Christianity was all inclusive instead of being judgemental and telling people what to do with their lives it wouldn't be in such sharp decline
>>
Fuck, why not keep the morality and ditch Christianity?

I await your triggered responses.
>>
>>68998742

>keep morality
>do away with much of it's morality

Here's you (you)
>>
>>68998835
It's got a brand name
>>68998868
You're an American so think of itblike thus: You have a good base product with brand recognition but it is out of touch and no longer hip. So what do you do? Make changes and modernize to keep your revenue streams up and put butts in the seat. Otherwise you are looking at bankruptcy.
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 800x860) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 800x860
>Christianity is dead unless it modernizes

Welcome to 1517.
>>
>>68998742
I am a deist. I think alot of people are the same as me, but dont really know it cause they just want to call themselves christians. Even if they disagree with alot of their concepts
>>
>>68998835

What kind of faggot would put their ultimate hope in anything besides Jesus? ?
>>
>get rid of sins

Oh wow senpai.
>>
>>68998742
Disagree senpai. Happy Easter to Christians and atheists alike.
>>
>>68998868
Leave troll
>>
>>68999037

>Change what's right and wrong to suit the masses instead of trying to make the masses more virtuous
>wondering why society will continue to decline
>>
Because the law of god does not change. People have shifted further from christ than ever.
>>
>>68999220

I'm Orthodox, but Happy Easter to you my brother.

>>68999226
(you) Was it worth it, leaf?
>>
>>68998742
lol you fucking retard

christianity is dying exactly because it's adopting those stupid ideas you have

sweden is one of the most atheist countries, it has adopted all of your ideas except no virgin birth and resurrection

we have lesbian female pastors marrying sodomites under a female god-figure
>>
>>68999297
No, the message of Christ became outdated and shifted from them. Everything needs modernization. Everything in the bible that condemns LGBT relationships should be edited out
>>
Look at what happens with "modernized" churches, like the Episcopalian. They die, if you don't stand for anything, why would anyone care to even attend? If you're not preaching the truth then why preach at all?

"One must remember that to marry the spirit of an age is to become a widow in the next one." Archbishop Fulton Sheen.
>>
>>68999037
>keep your revenue streams up and put butts in the seat. Otherwise you are looking at bankruptcy.

I see that some people still don't understand religion.
>>
File: 1448390257858.jpg (134 KB, 618x554) Image search: [Google]
1448390257858.jpg
134 KB, 618x554
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXTNORLzaEQ
>>
>>68999424
>message of Christ
>outdated

How about you repent. Come on cuck
>>
>>68998742

When will faggots like you accept that the "don't stick your Johnson in another man's pooper" and "don't have premarital sex, you degenerate" is just as important and valid as "turn the other cheek".

You accept all of it or you accept none of it. Don't pull the wishy-washy cafeteria Christianity bullshit I-follow-the-Bible-until-it's-inconvenient shtick.
>>
File: 1445776475710.png (61 KB, 155x218) Image search: [Google]
1445776475710.png
61 KB, 155x218
>>68999424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0zHOfA3kQ4
>>
>>68999424

Nah, fuck you. as long as we exist and continue to breed and pass the tradition, we'll always condem faggots.
>>
>>68998742
Tip: Religion that teaches moral values and interprets it's holy text literally cannot just "do away" with certain core values in order to "modernize."

Also religion will never die and you are an idiot for not realizing the failing parts of Christianity are the one's who drifted from their values and became "trendy" and "modern."
>>
Christianity is weak. People seriously should just go back to paganism or just be atheists.

I don't understand how people can worship a dead Jew on a cross and a imaginary guy in the clouds.
>>
File: 1382395577545.jpg (93 KB, 550x648) Image search: [Google]
1382395577545.jpg
93 KB, 550x648
>>68998742
You'd be the first time of person I'd execute in a new Crusade, even before the Muslims.
>>
>>68999523
Is it really just as important though? Why does it matter who consensual adults have sex with?

Do you still support burning witches? Your Bible mentions to burn witches as many times as it says not to have gay sex
>>
>>68999355

Jesus, Sven. That's awful.

>>68999424
Top kek, cuck. How about instead of modernizing, we improve? By returning to God's eternal law.
>>
>>68999827
>pagan shit
Why would want to be a loser?
>>
>>68999930
>Do you still support burning witches? Your Bible mentions to burn witches as many times as it says not to have gay sex
[citation needed]
>>
>>68999827
how the fuck is christianity weak
>>
>>68998742
i m gonna go with

>no

you feel like you think forwards when in reality you do not. if you do not stick to the rules then its no longer the same religion

there might be time for christianity once again, but only if it stays unchanged
>>
>>68999930
>Do you still support burning witches?
Witches aren't real you nitwit.
>>
>>68998835
>thiests
>making a human response
fucking kek
>>
>>68998742

All religions and ideologies do this though.
>>
>>68999945
Paganism is tribal. Christianity and Islam is not.

That is why.
>>
You can't 'modernize' infallable word of God. That would literally defeat the whole purpose of the scripture and entire faith. I don't understand what you dumb fucks don't understand about this, so let me put it in the simplest terms possible for you.

God says X.
God is infallible.
Man is fallible.
Man cannot rewrite an infallible concept with his fallible mind.
To do so would mean God is fallible and not all powerful.

It literally cannot be simpler than this, you cannot "re write" religious scripture. That's like telling me "what if we change the blue prints for a car to have the wheels on the roof" it doesn't make any fucking sense to do so.
>>
>>68999937
>Swedish "church"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXTNORLzaEQ

also none of them are even saved
>>
>>68998742
christianity is dead unless it radicalizes to fight islamification.
>>
>>68998835
This tbqh
>>
>>68998742
>God having a gender
God never had it. God is beyond flesh limitations.
>>
>>69000223
Tribals are degenerates.
>>
>>68999424
Let me put this plainly

You can't cuck God
>>
>>68998742
I agree
All want this nice spiritual house. Because there is a spiritual world. Best if it is some sort of workshop based. And with continuous things to do in services that are interesting (I mean on the longer run).

Creating a new church isn't as useful. What is realy best is all existing churches adapting another way of going about it.
>>
>>69000376
Who are you more loyal to, your tribe/race or your god/faith?
>>
>>68999986
Because it's not hip and modern and espouses liberal "moral values"

I will stay a Christian. My children are Christian. My parents were Christian. And my children's children will be Christian.

Everyone in my family is very well adjusted and successful and my kids did not grow up to be NEET trans-otherkins who cut themselves and like to take it up the ass, but instead an engineer and a LEO.

If you cannot comprehend the concept of faith then you will never understand religion.

I keep my religion to myself so please keep your's to yourselves. Yes, militant atheism acts as if it were a religion and pushes its values down the throats of young impressionable minds in a way that modern Christianity could never do.
>>
The reverse problem has happened actually. The concept of heaven in biblical times was more akin to nirvana as taught in Buddhism. Heaven was a state of mind and being. But it became corrupted over time due to being conflated with the pagan newly converted Christians. Christianity had to adopt all of this pagan shit and it completely ruined the meaning of the practice.
>>
>>69000251
>you cannot "re write" religious scripture.
when Christianity was about to be "modernised" and united in ancient rome, all the leaders of the different sects debated which verses and chapters will be left out of the bible for being "Politically incorrect" at the current time period.

Its already a failible document.
>>
>>68998742
Who are you and how high ranked are you?
>>
>>69000108
But your Bible, which is supposedly infallible and must be followed to the letter, as
>>68999523
seems to think, claims they are real many times

>>68999976
>Exodus 22:18
"You shall not permit a sorceress to live"
>Revelation 21:8
"But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”
>Leviticus 20:27
"“A man or a woman who is a medium or a necromancer shall surely be put to death. They shall be stoned with stones; their blood shall be upon them.”

Also I would like to point out your Bible forbids eating shellfish 7 times and forbids homosexuality only twice, so your God cared a lot more about eating lobster than anal sex. Yet I doubt you abstain from shrimp like you do gay sex
>>
>>69000376

>Tribals
>shit

I see why Christianity is kike filth.
>>
>>69000440
Shut up, woman.
>>
>>69000572
>Yes, militant atheism acts as if it were a religion and pushes its values down the throats of young impressionable minds in a way that modern Christianity could never do.
Are you fucking kidding me? Christianity only exists because parents shove it down the throats of their children.
>>
>>68999930

Yes, the Bible, even the New Testament, has a rigorous and consistent prohibition against sex that's outside of marriage between two heterosexual adults.

Sin is sin is sin. Doesn't matter if you find it outdated or wrong in [current year]. The entire point is that the teachings of the Bible are supposed to challenge and go against your base instincts and desires. That's the whole point.

I'm not a Christian mind you, but I have more respect for people that follow their given holy scriptures than those who pick or choose what to follow.
>>
>>69000572
Keeping your religion to yourself is a leftist liberal meme though.

soulwinning is the first work
>>
>>68998742
>If Christianity was all inclusive
name one other institution that accepts former murderers and prostitutes into an equivalent position as Sainthood lad
Christianity is by nature inclusive
boo hoo it wants you to not engage in self destructive behavior. grow the fuck up
>>
>>69000611
Stop spreading this new age bullshit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4FGh6cMHB8
>>
>>69000842
>Yes, the Bible, even the New Testament, has a rigorous and consistent prohibition against sex that's outside of marriage between two heterosexual adults.
Just as it does against necromancers, sorcerers and witches
>Revelation 21:8

All Christians pick and choose. No christians believe in slavery any more (at least in the West) and yet there are many explicit instructions for slavery and how to treat slaves throughout the Old and New Testament
>>
File: hs5.jpg (17 KB, 305x242) Image search: [Google]
hs5.jpg
17 KB, 305x242
>>69000740
Not woman
>>
>>68998742
women can't fuck women and have a child
>>
File: 1451349517765.jpg (14 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1451349517765.jpg
14 KB, 255x255
>>
>>69001018
why are netherlanders such cucks
>>
Christianity is a Jewish subversion masquerading as religion. It belongs back in the Middle East.
>>
>>69000842
It also says you can't wear mixed fabrics and other assorted useless nonsense. Just give it up no one cares what your old irrelevant book says. Christianity is dying so fast and it's about time.
>>
>>69001062
Why are children so important? Plenty of people and having a kid can be cruel if you can't give them what they want.
Honestly any new religion should discourage breeding, especially among people that make less than 70 k a year
>>
>>69000990

Again, I'm not a Christian, I don't believe in it personally, I'm explaining the reasoning behind it.

> Just as it does against necromancers, sorcerers and witches

Yes. The problem with witch-hunts is that witches don't exist.

> All Christians pick and choose.

They ought not to. Especially not consciously and willfully ignore scripture.

> No christians believe in slavery any more

The Bible doesn't promote or condemn slavery, just regulates it. If people want to abolish slavery that's entirely up to them.
>>
>>69000496
To whatever I need to be loyal to for the time being.
>>69000713
>Tribals
>doing anything
Are you a nigger too? Because that pagans are on tier with.
>>
Civilizations collapse. Christianity doesn't. It should change for no one, faggot.
>>
>>69000990
Because jewish and tribal law was integrated into the holy texts of the time.

Look at the Torah and see how much ancient law is integrated.

The new testament is what makes christianity different from judaism.

Its not picking and choosing. Because it is words on a page it can always be interpreted differently by different people. Similiarly to the consitution/bill of rights/federal laws.

This is how different practices of the same religion come about. Its because of differing interpretations.

I highly recommend you visit a church near you and ask the pastor about these verses you bring up.
>>
File: Oh Ya.jpg (17 KB, 367x388) Image search: [Google]
Oh Ya.jpg
17 KB, 367x388
>>68998742
Christianity is only declining in degenerate Western countries. The number of Christians is actually increasing world-wide.
>>
>>68998742
CHristianity won't die, we're just in a recession of decency. SJWs are doing us all a favor and waking people up to degeneracy and all its flaws. Christian values will be needed and we will be here for them when they're ready.
>>
>>69001422
>degenerate

There's that meme again. How about you be a normal person for once?
>>
>>69001295
Why are you being an apologist to Christian bullshit if you're not a Christian?
>They ought not to. Especially not consciously and willfully ignore scripture.
But they clearly and absolutely do. Leviticus tells you to beat your ungrateful children in the town square. The vast majority of laws in Leviticus have been completely forgotten about

why is homosexuality so important to be included?
>>
>>69001479
Christianity is in accelerated decline and shows no signs of stopping in the US, you're seriously delusional.
>>
File: j75vIc8.png (89 KB, 524x499) Image search: [Google]
j75vIc8.png
89 KB, 524x499
>>69001560
Great rhetoric backed up with logic and reasoning.
>>
>>69001560
When degeneracy became normal it is probably a good think to be abnormal.
>>
>>68998835
>You should act this way
>>Why?
>Because ?????
>>
>>68998742
>Sexual behavior is a major indicator of ones morality and character.
>Marriage is a commitment between man and woman to properly care for each other and their children and is sacred.
>With out knowledge of what sin is we have no morality.
Your words are of the devil.
2Tim 3
3 But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. 2 People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3 without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, 4 treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— 5 having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people.

6 They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, 7 always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. 8 Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. 9 But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.
>>
File: fascistcrackpot.gif (3 MB, 239x239) Image search: [Google]
fascistcrackpot.gif
3 MB, 239x239
>>68998742
all religion is cancer. especially yours, anon.
>>
>>68998742
Christianity is falling apart precisely because it HAS been secularized for mainstream meme appeal.

Why should I go to a big building once a week and tithe when I can hear the same bullshit from any chatty vagina club show on daytime TV? I'm searching for God, not a pep talk by a metrosexual.
>>
>>69001726
>>69001734
Give me an operational definition for degeneracy.
>>
>>68998835

Because that involves logic and logic doesn't belong on /pol/.

The fact people seem to think morality can only be derived through religion is fucking depressing.
>>
>>69001360
I understand all that. But what exactly did Jesus say? He said very conclusively that he did not come to abolish the old laws and he even castigated those Pharisees who forgot or ignored the old laws (Matthew 15:1-9).

>"Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law (the Old Testament) or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law (the Old Testament) until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18)"

And if you forget the laws related to shellfish or wearing a shirt of two different fabrics or growing two crops in the same plot, then why hang onto the laws against homosexuality? Show me in the New Testament where Jesus tells you to continue despising gays
>>
>>69001868
>Give me an operational definition for degeneracy.
Give me an operational definition for "normal person"
>>
File: 1...jpg (24 KB, 479x317) Image search: [Google]
1...jpg
24 KB, 479x317
>>68998835
>"God is dead"
We saw what happened when "The Intellectuals" left God.
We got two Revolutions, two World Wars, and the death of rational philosophy.
>>68998742
>necessary
>necessary for any society as marriage is the ultimate decentralization of power for the state and the ultimate for consolidating it for the individual
>God is a being beyond conceptions of human gender father means much more than male parent (leaders, kings, emperors, all of them, called father)
>Do away with one of the concepts central to explaining Man and his nature.... doing away with sin does away with morality as one could do no wrong if there were no sin

>>68999037
I would agree if Christianity was about product placement and prices were at stake rather than peoples souls.
>>68999055
>Tradition vs older Tradition
>>68999424
>pic related
>>
>>69001960
Someone who doesn't consider their entire society wrong because they're a loser and don't fit in. If everyone else is wrong, it sounds like a you problem.
>>
>>69001579

I like playing devil's advocate and I have an in interest in the theology behind it

> But they clearly and absolutely do. Leviticus tells you to beat your ungrateful children in the town square. The vast majority of laws in Leviticus have been completely forgotten about

Leviticus has never applied in its entirety to orthodox Christianity. Part of the reason Christianity split off from Judaism in the first place is because they weren't held to the Old Law anymore. Same reasons Christians can eat pork and don't have to be circumcised. Google the 'New Covenant' if you're interested.

> why is homosexuality so important to be included?

Homosexuality is condemned specifically in the New Testament, along with adultery and premarital sex and divorce. That's why its important.
>>
File: 111.png (213 KB, 640x359) Image search: [Google]
111.png
213 KB, 640x359
>>69001868
Anything that causes society to regress, but to know this we must first know what progress is and since "progress" is one of those errant words clouded by years of universities and colleges chipping away at their meaning to undermine the collective understanding we can't really pin down what "progress" means.
Good job shutting down a rational discourse by arguing semantics that you already agree with but will never admit it.
>>
>>68998742
Watch this vapid, cow-eyed cuck get his wake-up call.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVc1ab2RcMs
>>
File: 1456524284321.jpg (123 KB, 1200x799) Image search: [Google]
1456524284321.jpg
123 KB, 1200x799
>>68998835
I've been thinking about this for a while now and what I've come up with is that there is no replacement for the church insofar as keeping the morality and ditching the religion.

That's what people think they are doing but it's all falling apart and I think it is because of the lack of sense of community that a church brings. Whether people like it or not shame seems to be one of the best ways to curb immoral or improper behavior. Without a large enough group to affect a person's quality of life there is no real way to focus the communities disapproval of a persons actions.

Let's say Bill drinks too much and beats his kids. Today you can call the cops on him and he'll likely have fines to pay to the state and a little time in jail and then he'll go back to beating his kids because Bill is an asshole.

When the church was a strong point in the community people would respond by first trying to correct Bill's behavior (discuss why it bothers them and how it negatively affects the community) when Bill continues to beat his kid the whole church would shun him. No one will talk to him, no one will hire him, no one will work with him. Everyone will help out his wife and children - drop some leftovers or used clothes by, help her mend the roof when it's leaky, take the kids under their wings so they don't grow up with no male role models etc etc.

In such a system the community had a lot sway and could positively or negatively affect the community as a whole. They didn't tolerate people that didn't or wouldn't fit in.

Now your community MUST tolerate any and every person who chooses to move in near you. Businesses can't shun them, you're a bigot if you don't like their actions or their effect on your community, there is no defense against the scum of the world, they mingle with us to their advantage and have a limitless supply of forced victims. And this will continue until a community manages to pull together to decide their own fate again.
>>
>>69001886
>The fact people seem to think morality can only be derived through religion is fucking depressing.

which pretty much proves that "we're all trolling" is a bunch of bullshit. there's some really sad people on /pol/, but the christfags take the cake.

but then they infest everything nowadays, so just ignore them and close threads like this one.
>>
>>69002121
>We saw what happened when "The Intellectuals" left God.
you don't know your history. The "God is Dead" existential philosophy arose AFTER World War II. It was a direct connection to the world wars, which were so destructive that people could no longer rationally believe that God was looking out for humanity.
>>
>>69000939
Even the catholic church catechism teaches that heaven is a state of sublime happiness.
>>
>>68998835
>Portugal
>Against Christianity

Wtf?
>>
>>69001947

New Testament never says to "despise" gays, only that it's a sin.

"Hate the sin, love the sinner" and all that..
>>
>>69002331
>people could no longer rationally believe that God was looking out for humanity.

you should write comedy. or you have no idea what "rational" means.
>>
>>69002308
Progressives seek to replace morality with moral relativism. No matter how the word it an evil act is an evil act no matter the ultimate outcome. Morality is absolute and all sins will be answered for in this life or the next.
>>
>>69002271
Really just sounds like things that you don't like. If you had a good argument with evidence that christianity is best for civilization then I would take you seriously. There is no evidence for that because it's not true.
>>
>>69002403
>"Hate the sin, love the sinner" and all that..

Fine then eve with your cuck reasoning same sex marriage should not be allowed.
>>
youre literally below average intelligence if you believe in fairy tales lmao
>>
>>69002481
Reread the line of posts and see if you can spot your own blatant hypocrisy without someone pointing it out to you.
>>
>>69002229
>Leviticus has never applied in its entirety to orthodox Christianity. Part of the reason Christianity split off from Judaism in the first place is because they weren't held to the Old Law anymore. Same reasons Christians can eat pork and don't have to be circumcised. Google the 'New Covenant' if you're interested.
I'm not ignorant on this subject, I understand all this. As I stated before however, Jesus specifically said he did not come to abolish any of the old laws and even condemned Pharisees who were not practicing the old laws
>Homosexuality is condemned specifically in the New Testament, along with adultery and premarital sex and divorce. That's why its important.
as is sorcery, necromancy and witchcraft.

Rational people understand witchcraft, sorcery and necromancy are not things to be feared, and homosexuality can be included in that
>>
>>69002597
Amen, and happy Easter.
>>
>>69002597
I'm fucking with you. But seriously, try and prove that degeneracy doesn't just mean "things I don't like" Prove that "degeneracy" is actually a serious problem in society.
>>
Christianity is spos to die out. Only a few keep it.

That's when Jesus comes and kills you all. Lol
>>
>>69002403
>hate the sin love the sinner
>oh yeah the sinner also burns in hell for eternity
>but we "love them"
>>
>>69002500
>Who is Albert Einstein
>>
File: 2222.jpg (23 KB, 381x396) Image search: [Google]
2222.jpg
23 KB, 381x396
>>69002331
>>69002331
>>69002331
>>69002331
>Nietzsche "The Gay Science", 1882
>After the world wars

It was Nietzsche's observation of the morality of the west in decline because of the decline of Christianity which provided the basis of morality....Not the existential movement...... which was also conceived before the world wars.
>>
>>69002425
Existentialism and the entire notion of "God is dead" came up AFTER World War II. Whether you want to consider it rational or not, it was not a cause of the destruction, it was a consequence
>>
File: invisiblepriest.jpg (64 KB, 444x411) Image search: [Google]
invisiblepriest.jpg
64 KB, 444x411
Religion has served humanity well
-dark ages
-crusades
-inquisition
-jihad
-general subversion of intellectual progress

I wonder where we would be today without it.
>>
>>69002500

Idk. How did the Big Bang happen when it compleatly denies the conservation of angular momentum... Like holy crap. Atheists are retarded
>>
File: 2.jpg (130 KB, 960x849) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
130 KB, 960x849
>>69002725
>"liberal theology for children, 4chin edition"
>>
>>69002703
Sweden. Germany.
>>
In terms of sexuality, I think that people should try to find their own balance, that makes them happy. Not that people should go nuts and have unprotected orgies every night, but I've noticed that people who try to repress their own sexuality tend to go a bit nuts, either by becoming more violent, or by resorting to fucked up stuff like bestiality. The Middle East is a perfect example of what happens when lots of people want sex badly, but can't get it.
>>
> Hebrews 2:14-15 (14) Inasmuch then as the children have partaken of flesh and blood, He Himself likewise shared in the same, that through death He might destroy him who had the power of death, that is, the devil, (15) and release those who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
>>
>>69002703
>Hatred leads to violence.
>Lust leads to hatred, gluttony, vanity, and pride
>Greed leads to hatred, lust, gluttony, pride, vanity and envy
>Sloth leads to envy, lust, hatred,
Sin multiplies sin that is how it works. Like ripples in a still pond evil actions and intentions create other evil actions and intentions. The extent of the damage caused by one sin cannot be calculated because they are so far reaching.
>>
>>69002840
Truly an intelligent and well thought out post. You are a unstoppable force of intellect and perception.
>>
File: 1458626664782.jpg (309 KB, 680x1671) Image search: [Google]
1458626664782.jpg
309 KB, 680x1671
>>69002703
>>
File: 01.gif (71 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
01.gif
71 KB, 480x270
>>68999424
>morality changes with the times
>>
>>69002308
You do realize that the church's position on sinners is to open their doors and let them in right? So the biblical thing would actually be to let gays and other "sinners" into your neighborhoods, not be intolerant of them
>>
>>68998742

Christianity is dead because it's obsolete. You can't change that.

Organized religion was a survival strategy for times when having a common, consistent set of beliefs and shared values literally made the difference between life and death. A community unit either all worked together with the same understanding of how the world worked, and survived, or didn't.

In short, there was a tremendous reproductive cost associated with not following the group religion. That's no longer the case. Religion in the developed world is a feel-good luxury, which is why nobody cares about it or takes it seriously.

The only thing that can help people is to awaken to the mind-body duality and the presence of the ego-created mind. Not the rites and rituals of various arcane religions.
>>
>>69003058
>lust leads to hatred, gluttony, vanity and pride

Source? Are you saying that casual sex leads to hate? You are out of touch.

>greed

Lol man greed has been huge in America for over a hundred years back when everyone was christian.

You really are just parroting christian myths with no evidence for your assumptions.
>>
The catholic church attempted to 'update' its teachings and it is declining at a faster rate than most other christian denominations.

I am an atheist, but I agree with Biblical morality for the most part. Degeneracy should be shunned. Even secular nations, such as Russia and China, are anti-lgbt for good reasons.
>>
>>69002735
Nietzsche had nothing to do with World War I or World War II. And the existentialist philosophy you refer to is only applicable after the second World War
>>
File: 1434162494553.jpg (59 KB, 919x720) Image search: [Google]
1434162494553.jpg
59 KB, 919x720
>>69002807
-Of course, it had nothing to do with the collapse of civilization, it was Christianity (don't mention the tremendous learning that took place in Frankia and England)
-Crusades
>defending your home from invaders is bad
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Song_of_Roland
-Inquisition only killed around 2,000 people m8, -"The Spanish inquisition, A historical revision", there are a few others tallying up the Papal ones as well.
>Not reading the Grand Inquisitor passage in "The Brothers Karamazov"
-Jihad, sure. "Islam is bad"
-yes, because stifling Marxism and Anarchism is bad..... While generating some of the greatest philosophical breakthroughs is bad as well...

Atheism
-Communism
-oppression
-undermining morality
-appealing to irrationalism
>>
>>69002726
Einstein didn't believe in Jesus or the Bible or any "God" as you understand it. He postulated that the universe was God
>>
>>69001796
>You should act this way
>>Why?
>Because you will burn eternally in a pit of fire if you don't
>>Okay, I guess you need to be guilted into being a good person then
>>
File: 1459003916920.jpg (25 KB, 500x412) Image search: [Google]
1459003916920.jpg
25 KB, 500x412
>>68998835

It already exists. Its called the four cardinals of virtue which was heavily studies by the Greeks, Romans, and Medieval Roman Catholics.

1. Prudence
2. Justice
3. Fortitude
4. Temperance

Research them. And remember that Prudence is the "mother" of these virtues.
>>
>>69002838
do gays and other unrepentant sinners burn in hell? Yes or no? What about non believers?
>>
>>68998742
This post is a fantastic parody of how the way so many modern "Christians" present themselves.

There is no need for Christianity to embody the same ideals of this secular theocracy, which we already live in. This theocracy of "multiculturalism" and degeneracy must instead be opposed.

A strong hand is needed. Not an open one.
>>
>>69003204
It leads to single mothers who lead to poorly raised children that can become hateful and criminal, among many other scenarios. Thirty minuets of pleasure can ruin more than one life. The problem here is people are so self centered and narcissistic these days that they refuse to admit their own hedonism. This debate isn't about right or wrong its about removing consequences for ones own selfish actions and short sighted world view.
>>
File: 44.png (294 KB, 392x714) Image search: [Google]
44.png
294 KB, 392x714
>>69003336
>Nietzsche had nothing to do with World War I or World War II.
Never said he did.
>>69002735
re-read.

>And the existentialist philosophy you refer to is only applicable after the second World War
What existential philosophy is that I wonder?
"God is dead"? is that statement an existential philosophy?
Or is it Nihilism and Existential Atheism to which you believe I refer?
Both of which came around before the world wars
>philosophies don't exist unless a specific amount of adhere to it
>>
>>69003341
>Atheism
>-undermining morality
how so?
>-appealing to irrationalism
Oh, so is atheism the belief in a 2000 year old Zombie Jew? If so then yes that is very irrational
>>
>>69002496

From a religious point of view, yes, gay marriage is verboten.

A secular-ish society can pass whatever kind of law it wants to.

>>69002668

> I'm not ignorant on this subject, I understand all this. As I stated before however, Jesus specifically said he did not come to abolish any of the old laws and even condemned Pharisees who were not practicing the old laws

There's a difference between a law being "abolished" versus one that no longer is enforced, so to speak. Tbh this is one of the contradictions I have a problem with though.

> Rational people understand witchcraft, sorcery and necromancy are not things to be feared, and homosexuality can be included in that

If they were real they absolutely would be rational to fear.

Homosexuality isn't "feared" it's simply considered a sin. Not hard to understand.

>oh yeah the sinner also burns in hell for eternity
>but we "love them"

My reading of the Bible more implies that hell is "death" not necessarily "you're tortured for all eternity". Contentious topic though.
>>
>>68998742

Die
In
A
Fire
>>
>>69003635
>>philosophies don't exist unless a specific amount of adhere to it
'...specific amount of people adhere to it'**
>>
>>68998742
Christ's message does not change and there is no reason it should.
The church aka the people have always changed. As the understanding of the message becomes more accepted. The kingdom comes, That means the people change. The time of ritual and pageantry is passing. Self-control and the search for understanding continues. The days of wind God up on Sunday and sin the rest of the week, fade. Christianity is doing just fine.
>>
File: 1444742326791.png (38 KB, 754x215) Image search: [Google]
1444742326791.png
38 KB, 754x215
Christianity is a shitty offshoot of jewry. It has a few good concepts that originally come from zoroastrianism but it's largely very bad. Especially the concepts of good and evil, that make good and bad two magical forces, have done great damage to the European mind. It's a poison that leaves us without understanding of the truth, that we act in the interest of our tribe first and foremost.

The suicidal altruism we practice today could never have taken root, without the supposed goodness that enables the abrahamic mind to see any dissident as infected by evil. Fuck abrahamism in all its forms.
>>
>>69003635
>>philosophies don't exist unless a specific amount of adhere to it
They had nothing to do with the World Wars. That was my point. I was refuting the belief that this existentialist philosophy "led" to the world wars, which you explicitly stated. Sure, I was wrong that God is Dead came before WWI, but you were clearly wrong by proclaiming
>We saw what happened when "The Intellectuals" left God.
>We got two Revolutions, two World Wars, and the death of rational philosophy.
>>
>>69003601
>It leads to single mothers

Does it? What percentage of people who have casual sex end up having a baby and splitting up? Just about everyone I know has frequent premarital sex and no one I know has had a kid by accident. Did you know that most women are on birth control and that you can take a pill if you have an accident to prevent pregnancy? Did you know that abortions are a common procedure?
>>
File: 1433904380998.jpg (43 KB, 272x309) Image search: [Google]
1433904380998.jpg
43 KB, 272x309
>>69003639
>>-appealing to irrationalism
>Oh, so is atheism the belief in a 2000 year old Zombie Jew? If so then yes that is very irrational
"If I can demonstrate him as irrational as well then I will in turn become more rational"
lul
>>69003639
>>Atheism
>>-undermining morality
>how so?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PbYoQw8M48
>>
File: inquisition.jpg (246 KB, 900x627) Image search: [Google]
inquisition.jpg
246 KB, 900x627
To all of you pagans, heretics and sinners: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDnu0giUS00

/thread
>>
>>68998742

They've been doing that, retard, that's why it's going downhill.

People don't want reassurance that what they're doing is ok, they want to be told what to do. And at this point (catholic) christian theology is the most well thought out, consistent ethical system that exists.
>>
>>69003663
>There's a difference between a law being "abolished" versus one that no longer is enforced, so to speak. Tbh this is one of the contradictions I have a problem with though.
What exactly is the difference? If a law is still on the books but it is completely non-effective and non-punitive then how can it still be considered a law? Is this like a tree that is no longer made of wood?
>>
>>69003920
Just because you choose not to understand or accept changes nothing. I refer you to 2 tim 3 from your active denial of anything christian I am already aware I cannot change what you think. I will pray for you. Happy Easter.
>>
John 12:40
He has blinded their eyes and hardened their hearts, so they can neither see with their eyes, nor understand with their hearts, nor turn--and I would heal them.
>>
>>69003955
How is atheism irrational? Answer that question before attacking my point. I was just pointing out that Christianity is intrinsically irrational, as all religious groups tend to be
>posting an hour long video as a response
either summarize or fuck off
>>
>>69004132
>lose an argument
>pray about it

Classic christcuck. Enjoy your holiday that is way more a pagan and germanic celebration of spring than anything to do with Christianity.
>>
>>69004132

He's clearly an autist or argumentative teenager that likes to hear himself speak

In before I get called a christfag lel
>>
>>69004284
see
>>69004259
>>
File: I took care of it.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
I took care of it.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>69003138
Pretty sure most of your atheist bitching revolves around the church not being tolerant enough of fags and what not.

So do they accept everyone or are they intolerant bigots. Pick only one.
>>
>>69004375
I know and understand this but it was my duty to try. The lord will guide his path when he chooses to see.
>>
>>69004375
Ease up on the elitism there you jungle monkey. Lets here you back up his arguments.

>>69004414
Yeah I've read the book it's an ancient tool of societal control that addresses the idea of people who don't buy the shit story.
>>
>>68998742
society is dead unless it christianizes.
>>
>>68998742
This is completely retarded.

>Keep the morality but get rid of all the morality I don't like

Sure.

What a pussy. You only want Christianity on your own terms. Do you know how retarded that is? Christianity is a proclamation of truth. It claims the world is a certain way. It must be faithful to reality and to the truth above all else.

You can't make reality conform to your will. Your will must conform to reality. You're probably to beta to understand this.
>>
>>68998742
Christianity has been doing that
Turns out the left doesn't give a shit

They don't hate because of its values
They hate it because it's traditional
Why do you think they love Islam?
>>
>>69004491

Snicker snicker snort snort.
>>
Id much sooner follow a redeemer if it's followers acted more redeemed..

Seriously Christians act like little kids with their head down in front of the big master.. Classic Primate behaviour..
>>
File: garage.png (97 KB, 388x306) Image search: [Google]
garage.png
97 KB, 388x306
>>69003341
The further up the intelligence scale a person is, the less likely the are to have a religion.

/thread
>>
>>69004463
well that's just been what I've focused on ITT because of OP focusing on it as well. But I'm including all sinners. Your notion is that the church is strengthened by being intolerant of sinners when the Bible states to accept sinners especially with open arms and open doors
>>
>>69004661
I wouldn't expect you to respond with anything except ape noises devoid of substance. I will always be free and you will always be enslaved by an ancient Palestinian death cult.
>>
>>69004570
>Christianity is a proclamation of truth. It claims the world is a certain way. It must be faithful to reality and to the truth above all else.
It's hard to take its reality seriously though with all the talk about sorcerers and necromancers and witches and shit
>>
File: 1434860730449.jpg (214 KB, 746x718) Image search: [Google]
1434860730449.jpg
214 KB, 746x718
>>69003877
NO, effendi, the point I am making was those philosophies existed, at the time before the world wars.
I never said such philosophies caused the world wars, however, do you think Europe would have killed 15 million of its brightest young men if we rolled back the tide intellectually and culturally 400 years when their allegiance to God was higher than to any man?
Show me where I explicitly stated that Existential Atheism caused the world wars.
I said the intellectuals moved away from Christianity, you can see it in the Revolution of France and Russia, and the opposite happening when the Revolution is led by men of God for instance the English bloodless Revolution.

>>We saw what happened when "The Intellectuals" left God.
>>We got two Revolutions, two World Wars, and the death of rational philosophy.
Seems pretty accurate to me, also
>existential atheism doesn't need to be called existential atheism to be existential atheism
You seem to be misinterpreting what I mean, there was a gradual shift away from Christianity in certain places in Europe where specific events happened, and in those places they were much worse than where events similar if not the same happened with a Christian intellectual basis.
>>
>do away with sin, and the resurrection

what the fuck do you have left?

pedophiles in robes?
>>
Modernization in terms of morality and the church is just another way of saying Judaization.
>>
>>69004265
>How is atheism irrational?
>claims without proof are irrational
Before we re-kill philosophy and descend into the conclusion of absurdity I would ask that you refrain from declaring a special brand of atheism and unnecessarily splitting terms and repainting atheism as agnostic atheism.
>>69004265
>>posting an hour long video as a response
>either summarize or fuck off
>Religion has problems but Atheism is the bane of man
It's worth the watch.
>>
>>69004798

Dat there reading comprehension. The last line two posts ago was to show that I wasnt a Christian.
Anyways, my downloads finished. I have to go. Have fun roleplaying as an intellectual. And don't waste your teenage years on 4chan and get some prime teen pussy.
>>
>>69004859
>It's hard to take its reality seriously though with all the talk about sorcerers and necromancers and witches and shit
>I can't read above a third grade level and I demonstrate that on a Tibetan clam recipe sharing board
>>
>>68998742
How bout you go fuck yourself?
>>
>>69004798
>I will always be free and you will always be enslaved by an ancient Palestinian death cult.
>pursue Freedom and become slave to your desires, strive for discipline and find your liberty
>>
>>69000673
Dietary laws applied only to jews, not gentiles you moron
>>
File: heretics.jpg (32 KB, 330x275) Image search: [Google]
heretics.jpg
32 KB, 330x275
>>69004774
It says to forgive them. For your own well being. It doesn't say just shut up and take it. It doesn't demand that you be a victim. You're to turn the other cheek and give them another chance before you toss them the fuck out but that's all. God might love them still but he doesn't ask us to make ourselves their victims. We feel sad that they've chosen to do evil in this world and morn their lives as such. The bible realizes that humans can fuck up but it in no way excuses those who continue to do evil when they've been taught better. In fact, we called those types of people heretics and tended to react rather violently to their actions.

You want to have it both ways and won't ever understand why you're wrong.
>>
>>69000673
With God there are difficulties, without God there are absurdities.
>>
>>69005459
>it's only christcuckoldry or nihilism

Nice false dichotomy you simple retard. I devote my life to my loved ones, my community and my family as well as bettering myself.
>>
>>68998742
Why do people still need some entity in the skies that tells them how to live their lives? Religion is cuckoldry.
>>
File: images (6).jpg (13 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
13 KB, 275x183
>>69004491
One cannot fill an already full cup, think on that.
>>
>Easter Sunday

All fedora fags are bored and have nothing better to do than shill they're """superior""" m'lady skills on /pol/.
>>
>>69004739

Atheism is also correlated with autism and depression. I'm not even shitposting, look it up.

Also don't thread yourself, that's what reddit is for.

>>69004128

The New Covenant law means that Christians aren't held to the Old Testament, but the law was never "abolished" in the sense that it no longer exists.

Worth your time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_the_Old_Covenant
>>
File: 1434157762110.jpg (40 KB, 722x349) Image search: [Google]
1434157762110.jpg
40 KB, 722x349
>>69005588
>I devote my life to my loved ones, my community and my family as well as bettering myself.
To attain what end? Momentary happiness in the face of an eternity in the void?
>There is meaning or there isn't
ftfy
>>
>>69000939
Pastor Anderson is supremely based
>>
File: dawkins_natsoc.png (488 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
dawkins_natsoc.png
488 KB, 500x750
>>68998742
>Why not keep the morality but do away with
You're not getting it. There are more arguments using science to support what are considered "conservative" social order, values, lifestyles, etc -- but the vast majority of people are innumerate, and scientifically illiterate. Religion was never required for the highest percentile intellects, or the ruling class to function; it was required for the vast majority of people who are incompetant and too stupid to function without their basest fears being mobilized to ensure social order. Even then, there will STILL be a percentage of society that simply can't function, no matter what you deploy to herd them.

Constantly railing against religion is only something that appeals to utopians and narcissists who want to see the entire world reflect their own person views. How can you miss the obvious fact that something would not have been a central organizing feature of all societies if it didn't have a critical utility?

Do you really think religion is just an unfortunate accident, a relic? That's the trace of your irrational utopianism speaking.
>>
But the morality is already removed from Christianity and Christians reject more and more of the Bible every day. So OP is just describing the future of Christianity.

Christianity is dead because they consider emulating atheism as "modernising". The more you "modernise" Christianity the less people take it seriously. And now nobody takes it seriously except deluded idiots who think Europe and the west is Christian. Only people who believe in God here are Muslims or soon-to-be Muslims.
>>
>>69005776
>to attain what end

To make this life worth living and to be a good person. It's pathetic that you can't wrap your head around this.
>>
>>69006040
The process of modernization was just to make it less 'anti-Semitic', which means abandoning everything that was good about it.
>>
>>69004896
>NO, effendi, the point I am making was those philosophies existed, at the time before the world wars.
you posited that the World Wars were due to these philosophies. You EXPLICITLY stated that by saying "what happens when the Intellectuals forget God"

You said that one happened, then the other as a direct result. If your point is that the philosophies simply existed before the World Wars then what point were you even trying to make?

> do you think Europe would have killed 15 million of its brightest young men if we rolled back the tide intellectually and culturally 400 years when their allegiance to God was higher than to any man?
yes! Absolutely! They just didn't have the firepower during the hundred years war or the multitude of other religious-based wars that raged throughout Europe! Are you telling me that they would have used restraint to kill the Huguenots? That if they had aerial bombing they simply wouldn't have used it?

And a far larger percent of casualties arose during that time, as the French Wars of Religioin killed between 2-4 million in a much smaller Europe during the 16th Century
>Show me where I explicitly stated that Existential Atheism caused the world wars.
You said, and I quote, "What happened when the Intellectuals left God?" then immediately after - "We got two revolutions, two world wars, etc."

Again your point is ridiculous. Europe was just as if not more bloody when people proclaimed allegiance to God than in the 19th Century. The 19th Century simply had a lot more Europeans to kill
>>
>>69005776
Anyway I'm gonna spend time with my family. Enjoy eternal cuckoldry to an imaginary character, I'm going to enjoy my time in reality.
>>
Question to christians.

Why is god letting all those goatfuckers do whatever they want in Europe while mr pope washes and kisses his feet?

What if you all got it wrong and Allah happened to be the actual god?.
>>
>>69006289
To wake Europe up to destroy the Jew and to save the good Muslims who were lost by their falling into a cult of a pedophile 'prophet' and his conquests.
>>
File: 1434978636057.jpg (436 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
1434978636057.jpg
436 KB, 1024x683
>>69006137
>To make this life worth living and to be a good person.
So what?

>It's pathetic that you can't wrap your head around this.
>you're asking questions I don't want to hear, you're pathetic
"Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened."
>>
>>69005105
Atheism is not a claim, it is the lack of a claim
>A - prefix meaining "without"
>theism - belief
>atheism = without belief

>it's worth the watch
summarize it then and maybe I'll give it a watch

>>69005263
so you're claiming the Bible doesn't specifically refer to necromancers in both the OT and NT?

>>69005483
What about the laws concerning wearing a shirt of two different fabrics? Or planting two crops in the same plot? Or beating your child in the town square?
>>69005508
I'm not trying to have it both ways, I am stating what your Holy Book says about sinners. It says to accept them and to love them, it does not advocate this intolerant, hate-all-others belief system that flourishes on places like /pol/
>>
>>69006289
God gave you all free will. They chose this path it is not for god to make people do what is right. It is on people to choose to do what is right. That is the mark of the chosen.
>>
>>69006614
Those who believe in nothing will fall for anything.
>>
>>69005733
>Atheism is also correlated with autism and depression. I'm not even shitposting, look it up.
Yes, depression also correlates highly with intelligence. And religiosity correlates negatively with intelligence and rationality. You can throw in all the "autism" barbs you want but if you're not actually autistic then it's meaningless to even mention.

>Worth your time: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_views_on_the_Old_Covenant
My point is that Christianity is inherently irrational when it comes to how they handle the Old Testament and that there is no one way that any Christian sect treats it. Maybe Jesus should have clarified that point a bit considering this is the one true book of God. Without any clarification we are left with this mess we have today
>>
>>69006498
The problem with this is that God made them so cucked that by the time they wake up the change will be irreversible.

>>69006713
So God has no influence in our world and everything depends of us?
>>
>>69006289

God always does this, if your people start being huge degenerate faggots he will punish you, and a few chosen ones become redpilled and make their land great again.
>>
>>69006851
Again, atheism is not "a believe in nothing"

I believe in lots of things, I just do not posit a belief in something that cannot be shown to be true, or even likely. I don't need concrete proof but perhaps the slightest bit of rational evidence would help.
>>
>>69006892
Nothing is impossible with God.
>>
>>69006289
>Why is god letting all those goatfuckers do whatever they want in Europe while mr pope washes and kisses his feet?

So we can kil without remorse
He is showing us what weakness and lack of faith can do to people.

Allah is a pedo goatfucker.
>>
>>68998742
The Episcopal Church is very much similar to this.
>>
File: afishing1.jpg (55 KB, 466x375) Image search: [Google]
afishing1.jpg
55 KB, 466x375
>>69006892
Free will is love you are not gods slave he wants you to love him but you must first choose to love what is right and good. A selfish person cannot love anyone but themselves and will always do what they want regardless of its effect on others. A glutton eats himself to death. An arrogant man believes he is better than others and in the end begets his own downfall. A lust full man ruins the lives of his own offspring and the families of others. A wrathful man will destroy himself to destroy his enemy. A greedy man will ruin any life for profit and so on. Sin creates other sins by extension because our actions directly or indirectly effect others. Only through choosing the path of morality can we show our love for god and each other. In essence god could fix it but then you would learn nothing.
>>
>>69007218
Muhammad was the pedophile.
Allah is a moon god.
>>
>>69007523

"and tax him 15% of his fish"
>>
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED
>>
>>69007663
Even those who have not learned yet must eat the proper use of that tax is to help feed those who cannot feed themselves. The sick, the old, the victims of sin who live lost in anger. Despise the sin not the sinner.
>>
>>69006240

>what happens when the Intellectuals forget God"
Nowhere does this decree that they became existential atheists, they might have and not known it, just as a Buddhist wouldn't call himself an atheist because he is not familiar with the term but yet he is one.

>If your point is that the philosophies simply existed before the World Wars then what point were you even trying to make?
Atheism/secularism were taking hold in Europe. Is that better?
Where they were taking hold, we saw more death and more destruction than where they were not ubiquitous.
>not knowing about the Chivalric code
>excommunications and church doctrines
>High Middle Ages peace because of the confluence of Christian and Humanistic thought
Name 5 wars in Europe that were fought over religion alone.
>Huguenots
So what? bad things can happen anywhere, I am not saying that atrocities are exclusively Atheistic in nature, though they generally tend to be since atheism has become more pervasive and secular values are outpacing Christian based values.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yh_CZSLMxGo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI-zrOj-g-o
>>69006240
>"What happened when the Intellectuals left God?" then immediately after - "We got two revolutions, two world wars, etc."
If each man in such a war revered human life more than his nation would those wars have happened?
Think Kaiser Wilhelm and Tsar Nicholas.
Think Bolsheviks and the Cheka, the public proclamations of Atheism and decrying religion.
On the other hand you have Father Gapon.
Consider also the reign of terror, the red terror, Stalin's crimes.

>The 19th Century simply had a lot more Europeans to kill
And a whole lot less constraining them....
"More people = more death"
"world wars are a matter of probability"
Now you're speaking like the Nazis spoke"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31MI5c7LYSU
Skip the end where they begin talking about Hannah Arendt.
>>
>>68998742
>Christianity is dead unless it modernizes
Christianity is dead because it modernized.
Sedevacantism ftw
>>
>>69006240
>Europe was just as if not more bloody when people proclaimed allegiance to God than in the 19th Century.
Compare the deaths of previous wars in Europe when you had small nobility fighting to every man, woman, and child being involved in a war effort.
I can assure far more died in the 19th century than in the past 400 years combined from war in Europe.
>>
>>69006253
So what?
You're still adhering to existential atheism/nihilism.....
>there is no God
>I am not an atheist
pick one friend
>>
>>69003414
Better than
>hey guys please be non-degenerate :333
>>
>>69001886
You sound like you think you know. But you dont know. What a shame.
>>
>>68999220
Happy Easter to you too :)))
>>
>>68999220
Happy Easter to you as well.
>>
>>68998742
> sexual judgements
I can see this one but marriage should still be stressed along with healthy families as opposed to rampant sexual deviancy.
> marriage as important
See above.
> God having a gender
If God loses his gender you may as well scrap the whole faith. God being a man is a central part of his identity as a solar deity, shitlord.
> virgin birth and resurrection
Why? The virgin birth I can sort of understand but the resurrection is one of the most important symbols in the faith, representing the metaphysical rise and fall that we all go through on our paths towards spiritual enlightenment.
> sins
Sins tell us what not to do in order to attain spiritual enlightenment. Getting rid of those is basically giving everyone a free pass to do whatever they want and still be "saved" by just believing in Jesus, which is where a lot of Protestant churches go wrong.

Honestly OP why not just get rid of Christianity entirely considering your proposed changes would basically gut it into a feel-good crap-show with no higher purpose at all.
>>
>>68999220

Happy Easter bro.
>>
>>69008744
That's what I was saying. Christianity should be all about the worshipper and affirming their life decisions and improving their self esteem
>>
>watching newfags bothering to argue with reddit

what a time to be on /pol/
>>
>>69001422
>wanting niggers in your religion
>>
>>69008915
> affirming their life decisions
If those decisions were moral and right
>improving their self esteem
If their decisions were moral and right
Those who choose the other path should be guided to the correct path.
>>
>>68998835
Because 90% of people are retards and need fairytale mythology to keep interested, specially in young ages.
>>
>>69001114
>Pot v. Kettle 2016

Although I'm in no position to talk.
>>
>>69006614
>Atheism is not a claim, it is the lack of a claim
You're doing exactly what I asked you not to do....
Look, God either exists or he doesn't your conflating existence with belief of existence, two different concepts.
Atheist, is one who claims there is no God. "there is no God" is synonymous with atheism, if you wish to wrench apart years of social conditioning, be my guest, but its just the way it is.
You're conflating agnosticism with atheism.
"I do not claim God exists" -Agnosticism
"God does not exist"; -Atheism
"God exists/I claim God exists" -Theism
Sure you can play with semantics, but when people refer say there is no God, the natural conclusion is they're an atheist.
>>69006614
>summarize it then and maybe I'll give it a watch
Already did.
Religion has problems but Atheism is the bane of Man.
>>69006614
>so you're claiming the Bible doesn't specifically refer to necromancers in both the OT and NT?
Absolutely, it does not declare itself to literally refer to actual necromancers in both Testaments.
I am having a hard time as to why you have a problem with necromancers as well....
whether they raise the dead or not is irrelevant as they proclaim themselves necromancers. To appeal to the reality of the situation is to be inconsistent with your first contention about atheism being a lack of belief because in doing so you would negate the reality of God's existence itself.

>>69007121
>Again, atheism is not "a believe in nothing"
Any proposition is a claim or declaration, you aren't going to escape the reality of non-contradiction.
You either claim God exists or he doesn't, to claim you do not know is to be neither atheist nor theist.
>>
>>69009174
Who are you to tell someone what is moral? Morality changes from person to person and day to day, there isn't some rule book about morality.
Judge not, remember? That means you have to accept everyone, no matter what
>>
>>69009598
That is moral relativism and that is evil son. An evil act is an evil act regardless of context.
>>
>>69009598
Categorical imperative.
If your version of morality possesses no definitive right and wrong then it isn't a morality.
It's just preference.
Besides, to even appeal to subjectivism is to appeal to individual objectivism.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgcd6jvsCFs
>>
>>68998742
>Christianity is dead unless it modernizes.

Modernization is literally the whole of the problem.
>>
>>68998742
progressivism and social justice warriors are the modernization.

you really want that? religion without god.
>>
>>68998742
>Keep the morality
>do away with sins

Is this an attempt at doublethink?
>>
>>69009879
/thread
>>
>>69008744

>virgin birth

you mean joeseph had no idea mary was with another man

now THAT is the epitomy of modern christianity
>>
>>69002807
Everything on that list has a motive other than religion, you think all of those things happened without profit in mind? Greed using religon as an excuse must mean religon is at fault here, cleary.
>>
>>69007991
>Atheism/secularism were taking hold in Europe. Is that better?
But they had nothing to do with the World Wars right? So essentially you are backtracking on your original proclamation that a lack of belief in God had anything to do with the world wars right? OK good
>Where they were taking hold, we saw more death and more destruction than where they were not ubiquitous.
But as you just stated it had nothing to do with atheism right? It just coincidentally arose at the same time
>>High Middle Ages peace
We've had peace in Europe for the last 60 years and that's not likely to change
>though they generally tend to be since atheism has become more pervasive and secular values are outpacing Christian based values.
And the West has been more peaceful now than it ever has been
>If each man in such a war revered human life more than his nation would those wars have happened?
Again, FUCK NO. The wars in the Middle Ages were not less bloody because they revered God, they were less bloody because (A) they did not have aerial bombing or explosives/guns and (B) because there were a lot less Europeans around to kill. The population differences between the 20th Century and the 16th Century account for the differences in death tolls
>Now you're speaking like the Nazis spoke"
So what? it doesn't mean they're wrong, you're an absolute fool if oyu truly believe the leaders in the Middle Ages showed more restraint than in the 20th Century. They absolutely and categorically did not. 3 million people died in the French Wars of Religion alone.
>>
>>69008152
And far more people lived in the 20th century than in the previous centuries. And again, as I have consistently stated, they were utilizing weaponry that caused more destruction and death. And the US, a decidedly Christian nation during WWII, took part in that same destruction just as much as the atheistic USSR or Nazis or whatever.

To make the postulaiton that wars were somehow more refined and less bloody during the Middle Ages is so fucking unbelievably ignorant of historical fact that it boggles my mind. If they had the firepower to destroy their enemy like the leaders in the 20th Century did they surely would have used it. If the Crusaders had nuclear bombs do you think they would have wasted months and years traveling to the Middle East, or do you think they would have just bombed their enemies?
>>
>>68999220
Happy Easter m8.
>>
>>69009356
>Look, God either exists or he doesn't your conflating existence with belief of existence, two different concepts.

Whether God exists or not you are an atheist by not holding a belief. I do not know if there is a God, that makes me an agnostic. I do not have a belief in a God, that makes me an atheist. I am an agnostic atheist. There is a difference between gnosis (knowledge) and theism (belief)

You do not need to be a gnostic atheist in order to be an atheist. As long as you do not postulate a belief in a God then you are an atheist. You can be both atheist and agnostic and in fact most atheists are also agnostic and vice-versa. It is only when you make the claim "there is no God" (itself a nonsensical claim) that you become a gnostic atheist
>Religion has problems but Atheism is the bane of Man.
If that's the summary then it sounds ludicrous and I won't be watching it. Atheism is simply the lack of a belief in a supernatural figure, which is a rational position which in and of itself is not negative or positive.
> in doing so you would negate the reality of God's existence itself.
Look, I can say this 10,000 times but it's not going to change. An atheist does not necessarily need to believe there is no God, they merely have no belief in a God. PERIOD.
>Any proposition is a claim or declaration, you aren't going to escape the reality of non-contradiction.

Would you shut the fuck up with this sophistry? I have no belief in a God. That does not mean I do not believe God exists. I don't even know what "God" is since it has so many ephemeral characteristics.

What I do know, for a fact, is the God of the Bible does not exist.
>>
>>68998742

Because christianity is real ?
>>
>>69011626
>And the US, a decidedly Christian nation during WWII, took part in that same destruction just as much as the atheistic USSR or Nazis or whatever.
On the same scale, with the same reasoning and death tolls?
You do realize that the destruction of civilian targets in the middle ages was a no-no because God said so, according to the church.
They were significantly less bloody. in terms of ratio no war in pre-secular Europe did as much damage and then again did far more than the wars of the nationalist age.
You aren't even speaking coherently anymore, you're just flinging insults and delving into a reverse form of post hoc ergo proptor hoc.
>>
>>69012268
The crusaders killed every man woman and child in Jerusalem. The blood was said to be up to their horses bridle.
>>
>>69012418
Please provide a direct quote with a reference that can be verified.
>>
>>69012520
Jerusalem : A biography by Mounteban to start.
Any single account of that battle agrees there was a massacre. I dare you to find me one that doesn't agree with this historical fact which the church didn't even try to cover up because they viewed it as holy.
Go ahead, you lying sack of shit, try to prove basic history wrong.
>>
Why the fuck do christcucks try to monopolize moral concepts by making them contingent on a faith that demands you believe silly shit, like an omnipotent, omnipresent entity sending itself to Earth as itself but also it's own son to be sacrificed to itself to appease itself
>>
>>69000260
There is nothing wrong with techno as long as it does not have a satanic message

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9SBA5XBHmA
>>
File: whiteknight.jpg (487 KB, 1086x1080) Image search: [Google]
whiteknight.jpg
487 KB, 1086x1080
>>69002403
>New Testament never says to "despise" gays, only that it's a sin.

No, it doesn't. That's a mistranslation.
>>
>>68998742
It already happened: look at liberal Protestant churches.
>>
>>69011405
1. That was in addition to what I had already said, it was a re-phrasing since you didn't like the structure of my previous sentiment.
You're arguing like a child...
2. More arguments of a puerile nature.
3."peace in Europe" the Iron curtain hasn't even been lifted for 30 years and you're declaring peace in Europe?
Look at Kosovo.
4. you're joking right?
5.You're giving credence to what I've been saying all along, and remember how I also said that atrocities are not exclusively atheistic?
>>
>>69012729
I don't doubt there was a massacre since that was common during those times however If the source was written by a Muslim it was likely greatly exaggerated due to the general hatred Muslims had and still have for Christians. Muslim expansion into christian territory was just as bloody if not more so. My point being the people who write these things write them to suit their version of history. Also the crusades were conducted by Catholics who are fundamentally different than Christians of today. There are more denominations of Christianity than just the catholic model which is something atheists totally ignore.
>>
>>69012268
>On the same scale, with the same reasoning and death tolls?
Absolutely. These people were not just political foes, they truly believed in the God-ordained sanctity of their actions. There's a reason the Siege of Jerusalem during the 1st Crusade was referred to as a massacre. As soon as the Crusaders broke into the city walls they murdered all Muslims they could find, including non-combatants and captured and ransomed Jews.
http://www.medievalists.net/2011/01/14/crusaders-massacre-of-jerusalem-was-done-in-cold-blood-not-religious-frenzy-historian-argues/

>You do realize that the destruction of civilian targets in the middle ages was a no-no because God said so, according to the church.
That surely means this rule was followed right? Oh wait, on one day in France in 1572 30,000 Protestants were murdered, men women and children alike in the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre.

If the combatants weren't Catholic then they weren't considered humans worth saving so these rules did not apply. If these rulers had atomic bombs they would have dropped them. You're being completely ridiculous by suggesting otherwise.
>>
Just let popes and holy people marry/have sex.

Thats 70% of the revival movement right there. Everything else is superficial really. If we combined Christian spirit of loving Jesus Christ and following his teachings with the Satanic love of sex and objectivism, we'd be unstoppable.
>>
>>68998742
Poz doesn't fill the pews
>>
>>69001621

Christfags have been here for thousands of years and before that it was judaism they are not going to leave now ,even if god needs to flood the whole world again christfags will live on
>>
>>69012729
>Jerusalem : A biography by Mounteban
Your source was written in 2012 so I greatly doubt the validity of it. Maybe give me the source he got his source from. Something maybe written by someone who was there or at least witnessed the aftermath.
>>
>>69002823

Like shit you have to belief in magic when nothing turns in to something . But muh magic sky fairy
>>
>>69013591
Fine.
The saying Kill them all for God will surely recognize his own comes from the slaughter of Jerusalem
Here is a source from the Catholic church affirming that butchery
http://www.catholic.com/blog/steve-weidenkopf/the-massacre-of-jerusalem
>>
>>69013091
>1. That was in addition to what I had already said, it was a re-phrasing since you didn't like the structure of my previous sentiment.
Then let's just be clear then: do you or do you not think that atheist thought directly contributed to the World Wars? Yes or no?

>3."peace in Europe" the Iron curtain hasn't even been lifted for 30 years and you're declaring peace in Europe?
Europe saw plenty of peace before the Wall fell
>4. you're joking right?
Of course not. What conflicts is the West currently embroiled in?
>5.You're giving credence to what I've been saying all along, and remember how I also said that atrocities are not exclusively atheistic?
I never said that was your point, but you made the claim that leaders in the Middle Ages utilized more restraint because they held reverence to God. That is categorically and undeniably false. Just because they did not have access to the same destructive weaponry that we do today does not mean they showed restraint. It's a lot more difficult and time-consuming to murder tens of thousands of civilians with swords than with aerial bombing techniques, but as I stated before such as the St. bart's day Massacre and the Siege of Jerusalem, they found a way to do it, and if they had the same technology as Stalin or Hitler they certainly would have utilized it
>>
>>69013814
The slaughter was committed very likely as retaliation for the many atrocity committed against European Christians during the Muslim expansion.
>>
File: 1454039641641.gif (246 KB, 180x280) Image search: [Google]
1454039641641.gif
246 KB, 180x280
>>68999355
This exactly. Taking away Christ from Christianity is what ruins it. That's like saying 'cars are dead unless you take out the engine, tires, axles, lights, etc. and just leave the seats and radio so we'll be comfy :^)'. That doesn't work.

>>68999220
Happy Easter anon
>>
>>69001886
I read this and now Im a Cruz missle :DDD
>>
>>68998742
>keep the morality but ditch the moral rules I don't like
Wanna know how I can tell you're a cuck?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.