[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does the idea of a "wage gap" persist? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: 1458947149047.jpg (39 KB, 336x265) Image search: [Google]
1458947149047.jpg
39 KB, 336x265
Why does the idea of a "wage gap" persist? It's nonsense. Show me ONE job that pays a man x per hour, and also pays women <x per hour.

You can't.
>>
you should know that liberals care about equality of outcome , not equality of opportunity
>>
File: antifeminist.png (50 KB, 1267x725) Image search: [Google]
antifeminist.png
50 KB, 1267x725
Because liberals don't understand statistics and just want another reason to hate people with more things than them.
>>
>>68996295
the pay gap IS. REAL.
>According to an analysis of Census Bureau data released by Reach Advisors in 2008, single childless women between ages 22 and 30 were earning more than their male counterparts in most United States cities, with incomes that were 8% greater than males on average. This shift is driven by the growing ranks of women who attend colleges and move on to high-earning jobs.
>>
>>68996858
>*get put into high earning jobs to fill feminist quotas
>>
>>68996858

Okay, so the average man earns more than the average woman. How is this surprising? Men work longer hours, work more dangerous jobs, and work in more technical and skilled labor positions than women.

It would be surprising if men didn't make more. If women want to earn more, they should work harder and get a better job.
>>
I work in a steel shop. The one time we hired a woman, she refused to lift anything greater than 50lbs, constantly called in sick, and literally complained about breaking a nail.
>>
File: image.jpg (177 KB, 485x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
177 KB, 485x1024
>>68996295
>>
>>68998663
Gee, it's almost like salaries are directly related to years experience.

That's SEXISM right?
>>
>>68998663

How the fuck do people make so much money doing software development?
>>
>>68996858
>edgy sentence breaking punctuation
Reddit pls go
>>
>>68999080
Because you're really shit at it. Easy to make £100k here being a /good/ -- can't emphasise that enough -- developer.
>>
He may be an edgelord

But he does his homework

https://youtu.be/BDj_bN0L8XM
>>
>>68999080
Are you fucking retarded? Go back to your farm and milk your cows, faggot
>>
Anyone who knows the basics of business, economics or law should know that the wage gap is impossible. But as I'm sure everyone knows, feminists seem to know zero about any of those subjects.
>>
>>68999080
Seriously, where the fuck do you come from to ask retarded questions like that?
>>
>>68999080
I make 70k right out of college with no experience.
No income tax, and cost of living is dirt.
I put over 20k a year into savings and 10k a year into 401k (of course it's also matched).
Software is based.
>>
>>68999279

I'm not a software developer.

>>68999407

I'm not retarded, I just don't understand how they get paid so much. It doesn't seem like they do much.

>>68999807

It's a completely valid question. How does fucking around at a computer for a few hours a day net you $100k+?

>>69000024

>no income tax

how is this possible?
>>
>>69000355
A few states have no income tax. Coming from California to Texas, that's like 9% to 0%.
>>
>>68996295
Because feminists want to keep on the offense so nobody realizes single women out earn men (and already outnumber men in college degrees) without losing their pussy privileges in quotas, etc
>>
>>68996295
Obama

just like he is responsible for race riots
>>
>>69000355
Also, to answer a few of your questions:
Amazon, Facebook, Microsoft, Google are all VERY competitive. It'd be like looking at investment banking and saying why do the best guys at the best firms make more than the average person.
As for everyone else, 90k-120k is pretty standard for a senior software engineer 2 (aka 10 years deep in the field) obviously depends on where you are.
Furthermore, the top places have you working OT like crazy. It's like 60 hours a week without compensation.
And lastly, it's not "sitting in front of a computer." It's actually quite mentally demanding; you're not a basic bitch programmer, instead you're integrating all these literal pieces of shit software together and the result can't just be a bigger piece of shit.
It's very good work. 10/10 career field imo
>>
>>69000807
You do realize you still pay federal income tax, right?
>>
>>68996583

>if I just draw this intentionally shitty graphic with a satirical and disdainful tone, I'll be correct and win the argument

Not how it works, Anon.
>>
>>69001368
Of course bro. I meant no state income tax. I figured that was implied because the taxman's always out to get you.
>>
File: gender wage gap.jpg (1 MB, 900x7324) Image search: [Google]
gender wage gap.jpg
1 MB, 900x7324
>>68996858
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.