[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
pol I have a dilemma, my parents want me to celebrate easter
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tips kabuto.jpg (48 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
tips kabuto.jpg
48 KB, 600x450
pol I have a dilemma, my parents want me to celebrate easter with them, eat the fish, go to mass all that stuff etc, but they don't understand I'm trying to get closer to Japanese culture since I'm planning to move there in the future, and the Japanese aren't christian, they worship Shinto
>>
>>68995621
Well.. That's not entirely true anymore.

It may of been about 70+ years ago but not anymore. It's more of a Christan Shinto blend now.
>>
>>68995621
Go along. Your family gives a shit about you. The Japanese won't.
>>
If you don't learn to grin and bear weird shit the west forces on you as you plot against them then you'll never be japanese.
>>
>>68995896
Yeah, pretty much this. You can believe whatever you want but still do pretty much all the stuff for the sake of doing it as a family.
>>
>>68995621
Go and act like a Japanese tourist in Russia. Remember to say itadakimasu before eating! ^_^
>>
>>68996180
Fucking autistic desu
Not even Nips do this.
>>
File: 1457778654487.jpg (3 KB, 124x107) Image search: [Google]
1457778654487.jpg
3 KB, 124x107
>>
>>68995621
Westerners don't seem to understand that Korean women are on average more attractive than Japanese women--even Japanese men will say so. And China has a much more interesting Imperial, and feudal past than China--they even have their own cool swords and armor.

In East Asian history, Japanese are the primitive pacific-island tier savages. Virtually everything in their culture of any note is just a Chinese import when you examine it closer.

Yes, they've made great movies and media since the 1960's, some of the best in the world, and they're very polite, and amicable people, but there are better places to obsess over .
>>
>>68995621
>Japanese aren't christian
There is a church here called "assembleia de deus nipo-brasileira", literally means nipo-brazilian assembly of god, it is a christian church for japanese descendants.

Christianity has been in japan for a long time, they even celebrate christmas and easter.

They even swap easter eggs man.

Also, are you a Japanese descendant or just a weeabo?
>>
>>68995621
Shinto really isn't a thing. It's just a part of custom rather than a religion.
So you have no problem with practicing both at the same time.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.