[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
In order to create more jobs and thus fix the economy why don't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: garrett.jpg (9 KB, 300x210) Image search: [Google]
garrett.jpg
9 KB, 300x210
In order to create more jobs and thus fix the economy why don't we just expand the Government?

Now hear me out here, just think, the DMV has such long friggin lines and anything you do with the government takes a long ass time, so why not just hire more people to work at the DMV and other Government agencies? Build bigger government buildings, cut military spending (we spend ten times more than the nation with the second largest military), or raise taxes, and just make jobs.

Even if it's for some bullshit like public works, give people some mundane shit to build and pay them to build it.

I don't care, erect a statue of Chevy Chase in alabama and hire people to build it and then people to guard it.

Maybe build showers for the homeless where they can have 5 minute showers and hire guards and to keep out the riff raff and janitors to keep the place clean?

Isn't the best way to fix the economy and make more jobs is to make more work even if it is meaningless?
>>
>>68982240
I'll tell you where the Government needs the most fixing and that is Congress ans their salaries and benefits, that shit needs to be drastically cut because they do jack shit to get the tax dollars they get.

that's the one big wrench and flaw in our system that the founders did not have a fix for, and that is people in government who decide their own pay, what idiot thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>68982240
the free market exists on the concept of value. your dollar is "worth" a definable amount of value. Why would you knowingly pay for things that have no value, that nobody is willing to pay for? This will only devalue your own money and is the beginning of communism.
>>
>>68982641
We wouldn't pay for them, the Government would, thus making jobs. And sure a statue of someone would have value... to the people who like that person, plus whatever hell material it's made out of.
>>
>>68982641
If they get paid for it then it DOES have value and people are willing to pay for it. The only thing missing is giving them the job and wages.

Many people like you love to stand in line at the DMV, but some people would be willing to let their 1 cent taxes go towards better services instead of the millitary. So then shorter lines DOES have a value and their job do have worth.

If you raise the minimum wage to $20 per hour like a normal country then the minimum wage jobs are worth that amount.
>>
>>68982826

Where does the government get its money?
>>
>>68982240
>Guys, people have no jobs and they need jobs to get money!
>I know! Let's take the money from those who do have jobs and use it to make jobs for those without them!
Like Ron Paul said, government-created GDP should be substracted from the annual GDP statistics, rather than added.
>>
>>68982240
If you want better service at the DMV, you don't need more people. They have plenty of people. What you have to do is break the back of the public unions and make it possible to fire people that sit around all day. Right now a job with the government is a job for life - you can't get sacked for just about anything short of murdering someone. So what incentive do they have to work hard? None.
>>
Because the nature of government means it's not beholden to market forces. They can just print more money. They can just put more funding.

They don't need to be competitive or another half dozen things private sector companies have to consider so they're, comparatively, inefficient.

This being said, i'm in favor of western countries introducing federal / state level national work / building programs that would both be part charity (giving work to people who don't have it) but part business (if you fuck up for even a second there are a 100 other people ready to take your place).

Like, just throw a couple hundred guys with 10 trained foremen to go repair all the roads, if they can't figure out how to properly pave a road in under a week then give them the boot.

But generally speaking the idea of "Just let the government employ everyone" is stupid. But letting corporate parasites thrive while your countrymen suffer is just as, if not more stupid.

It's a fine line.
>>
>>68982240
because that means more government theft from the people to pay for those jobs.
>>
>>68982240
firstly government jobs come at the expense of private sector jobs. money taken in form of taxes can't be used to expand.
secondly.

secondly, cutting the military budget will decrease people working for the military. so it's wont solve this problem unless the point is to make government so small that the private sector will grow.

hiring more people to work for the government will mean more low education workers will be a liability for the government. every manager that says the wrong thing to gays or trans or blacks gets the government sued and loses it a lot of money.

showers for the homeless is a nice idea as part of trying to get them to job interviews more prepared. but there is 6 million reasons not to try it.

finally we get to the core.
jobs means shit. goods produced means everything. it's not about what you did but about what you can buy, and the best way to improve that is production of goods and services.
>>
>>68982611
the big flaw is when they do stuff.
when they compromise the america gets screwed.
when both sides just veto each other then in the midst of gridlock the economy grows
>>
>>68982914
Taxes. The Rich in this country are barely touched in the wallet. They pay a year of taxes what would amount to a poor man as buying a 25 cent gumball once in a year.
>>
>>68984395
So taxes hurt only poor people yet you want to increase them to employ other poor people?
>>
>>68985116
Taxing the rich more doesn't hurt poor people, trickle down economics has been an abysmal failure, we tried the experiment with Reagan, it hasn't worked for shit.
>>
>>68985710
How do you plan to tax them more if they always evade it?
>>
>>68983609
This is what I've been telling my friends for years.
The best thing is exactly when they DON'T do anything.
>>
>>68985970
Make laws so that they cannot evade it, punish those who put their money in off shore bank accounts and eviscerate every single trade agreement we have.
>>
>>68986420
What entitles the government to their money?

What laws would you put so that they won't evade taxes?

Why end trade?
>>
>>68986420
Good job making the lower and middle classes poorer, since those trade agreements are the reason the cost of living is low, and not managing to snare the rich anyway, who are of course already working on moving their money some place where you can't touch it. Why do you think there's been a huge spike in tax inversions? The rich know which way the wind is blowing, and they're gonna get out before you can elect Commie Sanders and steal their money.

Also
>"The rich are evading the law!"
>"So how you gonna tax em if they always evade it?"
>"MORE LAWS!"
nice plan there, chucklehead. Surely the world's rich and powerful will just give up in the face of this cunning plot.
>>
>>68986686
>What entitles the government to their money?
Because the government is the authority and has the power to take what it pleases, also what entitles the rich to that money?

What entitles them to vaults of money they never much, much of it earned on usury?

I would argue in a principled society any money gained from usury is essentially theft.

The rich have prospered under usury.
>>
>>68986686
>What laws would you put so that they won't evade taxes?

Imprisonment or fines if they are caught evading taxes, make it so they can only invest their money in America and cannot store any funds oversees.
>>
>>68986996
>also what entitles the rich to that money?
The same thing that entitles you to keep your computer instead of me waltzing in and taking it like a nigger because I think I deserve it more. Stealing is stealing.
>>
>>68987279
Not when it is directed by law, and usury is stealing, so the rich are stealing as anon pointed out.
>>
File: keynes laughing.jpg (6 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
keynes laughing.jpg
6 KB, 259x194
>>68982240
Wow OP you surely are the first person to think of these ideas, this is a totally original and new approach to economics and you are totally not a faggot at all!
>>
>>68982240
didn't you just describe FDR's presidency
>>
>>68982240

>murican edumacation

Governments and government spending does NOT create wealth for fuck sake! Government spending takes away from the wealth of a country.
>>
>>68987474
Keynes was the greatest of all economists.

>>68987568
He saved America anon, despite Glenn Becks inane crackpot theories that Woodrow Wilson and FDR somehow destroyed America... no that was Reagan.
>>
>>68987857
Except most mainstream economists will you that government spending DID help get America out of the Great Depression.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Deal

/pol/ I love your banter but please pick up a book.
>>
>>68982240

Make work jobs especially a government make work job wont stimulant the economy. They do the opposite and hurt the economy.
>>
>>68988196
will tell you*
>>
Behold the face of autism
>>
>>68982240
found the berniecuck
>muh government must create job!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.