[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I become a non degenerate again? I used to be an electrician,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 576x463) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 576x463
How do I become a non degenerate again?

I used to be an electrician, had my own place, new car, gf, steady everything

I smoked too much weed and stayed up late and eventually lost it all

After finally tapering off of 150mg of Effexor, I'm now 6 months unemployed and I don't know how to get back

I'm 20 lbs over weight, no car, no job, shitty credit, you fucking name it and I'm on the shit end of it

Do I just literally walk outside, and go business to business until I can save up for a car?

Fuck
>>
Yes, if you've done it once, you can do it again, and better, since you've learned from your mistakes. Bisous mon lapin.
>>
You may have to suffer for a few months to a year but the reward of building back up again is glorious.

Yes, walk every day if you have to until you can afford a cheap car. Track every penny, and you can probably climb out of your bad situation. Sacrifice now so you can enjoy life again later, especially of you are still young.
>>
>>68978970
>>68978996
What do you say to employers when you have such a gap in employment? Lie?
>>
File: image.jpg (101 KB, 626x445) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
101 KB, 626x445
>>68978787
Bump
>>
>>68978787
Freedom! Ain't it great.
USA! USA!
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-are-one-paycheck-away-from-the-street-2016-01-06
>>
Qualified electrician, you dumbass. You can find work easy as fuck, and electricians get paid good as shit too. Won't take you long to save your money up if you're not a dumbass.
>>
>>68980230
Well, what's a page one step one?

I don't have a cellphone or money or a car to work as an electrician or even buy my own tools
>>
>>68980135
Are you guys hiring? I'd love to be on mudslime watch, I won't rape your citizens or tax your govt. I just want a job
>>
God made us in his own image and its up to us cunts to fucking well sort it all out.
>>
>>68979180

Lying is essential to advancement in life. I've secured multiple jobs through fictional records with fictional degrees.
>>
>>68980399

So I guess, step one is to make a sick ass lying Ted style resume?
>>
>>68979180

I don't think that matters when you're a certified electrician m8...if they need someone they're going to hire you. It's not like a typical office job.
>>
>>68979180
6 months is not a big gap. Lying to fill it wouldn't be a problem. Make some shit up, they'll never verify it (as log as you don't make some stupid shit up).

I' a graphic designer so all the years that I had to spend between jobs working as a warehouse worker or something like that I just fill it with "freelancer" experience.

The only thing you need to back up is your age with your skills. Nobody is hiring a guy with little experience/habilities that's 30+ yo.
>>
>>68980488
>>68980572

Yeah, unless you're interested in switching careers contracting is something that should be easy to resume. Claim to have experienced a family emergency, medical problems from which you've recovered, vacationed, whatever.
>>
>>68980488
Yes. Get your friends to convincingly bullshit for you on references as well.
>>
>>68980612
Damn right, tell them you went travelling for 6 months.
>>
>>68980663

And only provide information when prompted or when absolutely necessary -- avoid volunteering a narrative.
>>
File: 1431568704587.jpg (127 KB, 600x682) Image search: [Google]
1431568704587.jpg
127 KB, 600x682
>>68978787
you did it yourself, fix it yourself like a fucking men.
>>
>>68978787

yeah dude you gotta start from the bottom. once you get a car maybe you could find another electrician job. At least you have some training and experience to fall back on... a decent reference might help, too.

I know how you feel though, my life has been a cluster fuck for the last few years. I hear that it gets better if you ride it out and fix your shit, though. We will see.
>>
>>68980769
>>68980399
>>68980572
>>68980663

So in the meantime, when you're locked in a situation where work dominates your entire life,

What do you do in the small fragments of time you do have before having to go to bed to get up and do it again?

Drink?
Smoke?

This is why I failed the first time

My job would hinder me from doing the things I love, and doing the things I love hinder me for, getting a job

Is that spoken like a true drug addict?

Best case scenario. I'm home by 5:30 pm every night, and have to be in bed before 10:30, off on weekends
What kind of new habits would stop me from being a fat lazy insecure stormer again?
>>
>>68980842
It sucks doesn't it? Think about what the majority of 23 yr olds in America are doing vs what I'm doing. I want so much and crush under the weight of my own standards and everyone else is just bitching about free college and smoking weed and just being asshats in general
>>
>>68981485

It's life, man. Shit isn't fair.

If there's one thing I've learned... True character is how you handle situations that go pear shaped.

So be the man you want to be and work your way towards being happy in life. It ain't easy but all you can do is take it one step at a time.

Get a new hobby or two to distract you from bad behaviors. If you have to drink and smoke, don't do it to excess and don't let it mess with your work and homelife.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.