[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think about Labour/Worker Unions?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: union.jpg (25 KB, 324x324) Image search: [Google]
union.jpg
25 KB, 324x324
What does /pol/ think about Labour/Worker Unions?
>>
Filled with corrupt as fuck scumbags and lazy sacks of shit who probably don't even wipe their own ass because it's "Not my job."
>>
>>68963836
Can you elaborate? What exactly makes them corrupt?
>>
>>68963836
>>68964049
It's not exactly corrupt but if I had enough money to pay someone to wipe my ass I would do it.
>>
>>68964049
The idea behind a union is pretty good. It's meant to protect the average worker from having his job basically seized by someone else. Worker rights should be kind of a big deal.

Unfortunately, once unions get big, they kind of start to do a bunch of shit that doesn't actually benefit the people they are representing, ie, the workers and instead for themselves.

Like the shit with Voice Actors asking for huge sums of money for 'hazard' pay. The voice actors barely benefit from this, it will actually make video game companies hire LESS actors if they can get away with it to save money and generally the already poor opinions about Voice Actors just goes further down the toilet. Meanwhile the union benefits greatly, as they get to tighten the leash on corporations and rake in mad profits from doing so.
>>
>>68964049
The US has had a long and betraying history of corrupt and bought-out labor unions essentially betraying their workers and society at large either for purely profit-seeking monetary gain, or to wipe out other labor competition.

There were long periods of mafia enforcement of low wages while bosses got their pockets padded, shameless and public political manipulation on par with the corporate level of interference, which wasn't helped with the association with communism during the first red scares and starting at the time of the cold war, and also since the US is a long-standing consumer-oriented culture, strikes are particularly annoying and interrupting to the common man, and all the scandal and burning left little connection of solidarity between the public and the labor unions, particularly with economic booms providing plenty of jobs and military interventionism and standing creating a large demand pool for unskilled youths and domestic political distraction
>>
>>68965022
over time at least, I feel all these things added up to the current record low labor unions.

there's also the decisions of the courts that preferred more capitalist-liberal and libertarian interpretations of the law that either didn't favor or restricted union activities
>>
>>68963681
At one point, they may have been a legit movement for workers, but just like any lower class group trying to organize anything, they got taken over by more powerful groups in order to exploit them.

>Mafia
>Marxists
>>
>>68964049
>>68965022

I think the best example of the labor zenith while still anchored to the government and policy was the merger of AFL and CIO for the New Deal
>>
>>68965346
ooh, except they didn't merge during the new deal, correction
>>
are credit unions degenerate?
>>
File: Unions.jpg (60 KB, 576x417) Image search: [Google]
Unions.jpg
60 KB, 576x417
>>68963836
>Filled with corrupt as fuck scumbags and lazy sacks of shit who probably don't even wipe their own ass because it's "Not my job."

Sure Bobbi Jo.
Anything you say.
>>
>>68965725
Yes
>>
>>68966585
thanks
>>
>>68963681
needlessly high cost of labor.
>>
>>68966241
Unions are in real terms benefited by a lower range of membership that is still self-sustaining in population size
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 512x384
Love them.

We need to fill their leaderships with full on Nationalists.
>>
>>68964968
This
All unions are evil no exception
And btw I am a blue collard worker. The top old people who represent us are the fucking scums. They pretend to befriend with us. And we cannot say otherwise because they're the "boss". Then they secretly lick big boss ass and divide from us. These people want to climb up and we are the ladders. Fuck them. I'd rather be fucked by our big boss because at least we all know who's going to fuck us.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.