[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did Japan attack Pearl Harbor? Why wouldn't they relocate
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 1455606222262.jpg (27 KB, 496x474) Image search: [Google]
1455606222262.jpg
27 KB, 496x474
Why did Japan attack Pearl Harbor? Why wouldn't they relocate (Yes I know this would of been a difficult feat) somwhere in Europe in order to help the Nazis?
>>
>>68957821
Because we put an oil embargo on them because they were attacking everyone.
>>
>>68957821

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AB29w7swVdY

they did
>>
The U.S. forced a reaction by cutting off Japan's oil supply.

All part of a greater plan.
>>
they underestimated americans and our penis size.

they assured me that they now fear our, and i quote, gargantuan penis.
>>
>>68957821
>relocate
what?
>>
>>68958296

OP is a dumb fag that believes you can relocate an entire nation and their culture.

Look at Israfail for an example of shit that can and will go wrong.
>>
>>68957821
They didn't
They were captured Jap planes flown by Brits
>>
>>68958021

>invade everyone around them>be surprised when allies of enemies decide not to trade with you
>sneak attack them
>lel we totally have the moral high ground XD

fuck off weeb
>>
>>68958021
>forced
Also, they seemed to do pretty well without that "oil supply" up until the point they got nuked.
>>
File: 1451718397876.jpg (54 KB, 406x489) Image search: [Google]
1451718397876.jpg
54 KB, 406x489
>>68958655
>>
The Japanese army is very justice focused, they would not have attacked without just reasons to do so. Watch the anime Gate to get an idea of what they are like.
>>
>>68958830
Many of the places they conquered were oil rich
>>
>>68957821
them dank memes

it was an australian the prank called japan
then the japs
FOR NIPPON
>>
America stop sending Japan oil in the hopes of stopping their military actions and starting peace talk with Japan and China. Japan didn't want peace talks, they wanted empiral expansion so they need a new source for oil. Next source of oil was the Philippines. They attacked Pearl Harbor, and then Midway, to cut off American reinforcements so they could take the islands.
The rest is history
>>
The Japanese top brass didn't want to relinquish their territorial ambitions that were at odds with American far east interests.

Roosevelt approved economic sanctions against Japan after they resumed their military campaign into China (America supported the "Open Door" policy in China that guaranteed Chinese territorial integrity and political independence) and had made overt & aggressive gestures towards British, Dutch & French territorial holdings in the Far east (another area America also had something of an interest to see the status quo maintained).

Japanese military officials were forced into a decision. Either suspend their hostilities & give up on their dreams of a "Greater East Asia Co-Prosperity Sphere" and lose face or continue with their imperial ambitions and make a desperate attempt to eliminate America's ability to wage war in the Pacific in one fell swoop before America brings its massive industrial capabilities into action. The Japanese Army commanders pushed for the latter and forced the decision onto the Navy commanders who declined the responsibility of being the party to bring such shame onto the country and went along with the hard-liners.
>>
>>68959172
>go watch an anime to learn Japanese culture and history

Honestly kill yourself faggot
>>
Because the US was leading an embargo on them that was crippling their economy.
>>
>>68958684
>US complaining about invasions and empire building
Don't be naive, we were only upset because they were taking shit the US and France/Britain thought belonged to them

We embargoed them because we wanted war, and the public enthusiasm for invading Germany wasn't there
So we let them attack Pearl Harbor and used it as an excuse to go after the Nazis while ignoring Japan for a long time
>>
File: randy.png (820 KB, 1100x737) Image search: [Google]
randy.png
820 KB, 1100x737
>>68959172

what a terrible post
>>
>>68957821
i don't know. i just need some help counting. how many shots do you count in this movie scene (starts at 54:18)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ibn-S81XoeY
>>
>>68957821
US embargoed Japan in oil, which it desperately needed. But mostly it was a first strike - them thinking the US was going to throw it's weight into the War soon and they might as well take out the only port in the Pacific.
>>
http://www.amazon.com/Prize-Epic-Quest-Money-Power/dp/1439110123/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1459055103&sr=8-1&keywords=the+prize

Great book about the history of oil and the role it played in WW2
>>
>>68960615
Wow something I've never seen before, a smart American.
>>
>>68960615

Dumb weeb
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.