[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1454703209438.jpg (106 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1454703209438.jpg
106 KB, 640x960
>A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state; the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

What did he mean by this?
>>
Gas the kikes race war now
>>
>>68926458
He said it:

>"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." --James Madison, The Federalist Papers, No. 46
>>
If you really want to know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h5lKEodoQg
>>
>>68926669

This, right here.

This liberal debate and talking point that is frequently brought up (THEY DIDN'T /MEAN/ THAT!) is absolute bullshit.

They explained what they meant, several times. To say otherwise is either being historically ignorant or deliberately misleading.
>>
Because we need to be ready to become a militia if the time comes, leave our guns alone
>>
File: 4Bore.png (1 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
4Bore.png
1 MB, 1280x800
SHALL
>>
>>68926458
Guns for citizens.
>>
>>68926458

It means that the American people have a right to be armed- but not with free reign. It must be well regulated.
>>
I ask because I've always been under this understanding:

During the revolutionary war against Britain, there were two fighting forces

The Continental Army. Led by Washington, given uniforms, ammo, rations, etc supplied by Congress through debt.

AND

The Militias. Typically organized by state, needed to supply their own weapons, ammo, clothing, etc without funding from Congress or leadership from a central general.

Therefore, our founders wrote into the constution that since one day ordinary, fighting age citizens may once again need to fight without monetary support from congress, they must therefore be allowed to keep and bear their own arms.

Howd I do?
>>
>>68927273
only the militia shall be well regulated, like a clock
>>
>>68926767
Dear God, nearly 2 hours?

Mind giving us the tl;dw?
>>
>>68928459
Sure:
>Historically the 2nd amendment was always about keeping the people armed to prevent tyranny and the part of the "well regulated militia" doesn't mean you have to be part of a militia to keep and bear arms.

But I of course recommend you watch the whole thing when you have time to get into the details.
>>
>>68927273
It does not mean that. It means;

The country needs a well regulated militia, therefore the government will not infringe on people's right to own guns.

That does not mean only a regulated militia can own guns
>>
>>68929169
How does a bong have a better understanding of our constitution than you do? >>68927273
>>
File: 1457405269942.gif (44 KB, 827x628) Image search: [Google]
1457405269942.gif
44 KB, 827x628
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.