[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is national debt so meaningless? Like a decade ago I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: National-Debt-Clock-620x300.jpg (56 KB, 620x300) Image search: [Google]
National-Debt-Clock-620x300.jpg
56 KB, 620x300
Why is national debt so meaningless?

Like a decade ago I thought there was going to be a debt collapse any minute but then $10 trillion more got added on and literally nobody cared and there's going to be another $10 trillion added on before you know it, and nobody will care about that either.
>>
Because money isn't real it's just a concept.
Therefore saying you owe me xxx dollars doesn't really do anything.
>>
>>68913280

I would like to know why they need to collect taxes when it obviously doesn't matter if there is 'enough' to pay for shit.

Like, if your outflow isn't at all effected by your income, why do I have to continue to provide your income?
>>
>>68913280
the us can manufacture its own money (its a sovereign nation) while eurotrash cannot since they are vassals of Germany

also fiat currency has no value other than that dictated government so its a moot point
>>
>be America
>convince everyone to hold your currency/debt
>if America goes down, you all go down

Samson option^2
>>
>>68913280
do you really think anyone will be able to forcefully collect on that? i dont. bring it, china.
>>
>>68913280
>"Pay back what you owe me America-kun!"
>"No..."
>"Okay..."

There's literally nothing you can do to collect debts. The EU can't even collect out debts, so I'd imagine forcefully collecting from the US is impossible.
>>
>>68913743
but that would cause inflation, therefore it wouldn't be meaningless
>>
File: american debt solution.gif (3 MB, 318x212) Image search: [Google]
american debt solution.gif
3 MB, 318x212
>>68915714
>"pay debnt" will be used against us by shitposters some day
We'll know what you felt, hoplite-anon.
>>
>>68913280
It did collapse the Average American now has less than $500 in the bank, a shitty service sector job, the young are unmarried childless up to their neck in debt. People adapted and they think their lives are good. Everyone over 40 is voting for an extreme candidate because they actually know how bad it is.
>>
>>68913702

To keep rates generally low, obviously. >>68916208

No FED will print any amount of money, and lend it to gment, so it will pay any debnt any given time.
>>
>>68915714
>>68914917
>>68913743
>>68914514
The idea that America has outjewed the world does not fill me with pride
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.