[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Come here faggots You all say that the value of the dollar is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1
File: petrodollar.jpg (52 KB, 388x273) Image search: [Google]
petrodollar.jpg
52 KB, 388x273
Come here faggots
You all say that the value of the dollar is tied to oil. You all claim that the US of A went after Saddam and Qaddafi because they tried to mess with the petro dollar. But what about the prediction that have been around for quite some time ? those that say that the oil reserves will be drained in a couple of decades ?? what will happen then ? the USA will just watch its currency crush down and its economy go to the shitter ?? why aren't they doing anything about it ??
>>
>>68912213
shameless self bump
c'mon guise, this topic kept me thinking for a while , would appreaciate some of your wisdom.
>>
peak oil is a jew lie like global warming
>>
Why do you think the US dollar is tied to the value of oil?
>>
What else could they do? Maybe in another couple of decades you'll see a similar system based on fissionable materials but otherwise there's not much they can do.
>>
>>68913765
So you're saying that oil will not end anytime soon ? okey but still, government do predict this kind of shit, back in the days, the USA and USSR agreed to leave their conflicts aside and team up in case there was an alien invasion. It's stupid but it shows you to which extent government plan ahead, if the value of the dollar is really tied to oil then the USA have already thought about wtf they're gonna do when it ends. and I wanna know what's in their mind.
>>
>>68913848
that's what everybody on this board says, I must say that I kinda believe it since the OPEC nations only make deals in dollars. do you think otherwise ?
>>
>>68914189
As the scarcity increases, the value of oil rises.
Since every nation has to hold dollars in order to buy oil, the dollar maintains its reserve status.

The real problem would come if oil producers started accepting other currencies or everyone stopped using oil.
>>
>>68914179
fissionable material will not be sold in large quantities like oil, also countries who use it have a stable production of the said material and usually dont import it. So I dont think it's a good method to back a currency

A more obvious solution would be stacking gold in times of prosper in order to use it to back the Dollar when shit hits the fan... is that why Canada just recently sold all their gold reserves ?? was it solde to USA ?
>>
>>68912213
Drained is a stupid word to use. The prediction is peak il, when it costs more to take it from the ground than it generate in revenue. Peak oil keeps getting pushed back, in the 60s it was the 70s in the 70s the 80s in the 80s the 90s etc. Etc.

The fact is we keep finding new sources be it straight rigs or sources previously thought unusable like oil sands.

It will come but by then all of us but the most under of under age fags will be dead.
>>
>>68914487
Yeah, but after a certain amount of time, oil WILL end. And you can even argue that when oil becomes too expensive people will just drop it and look for other energy sources, what do we do then ??
>>
>>68914982
hopefully the race war will happen before then
>>
>>68914690
the US has the largest gold reserves in the world and they continue to buy more.

>>68914982
if you remove oil completely the world gets thrown into the 1850's. even just for energy i doubt oil is going to go anywhere for at least the next century.

what is actually happening right now with the energy market is a shift back to north america.
>>
>>68914959
mhmm ... interesting
And too bad that we will be dead before seeing it happen, cuz I'm guessing some good things will happen ...
>Arab oil nations will lose every shred of relevancy ...

>Russia will lose a significant share of it's power of influence since now it controles Europe via oil, and when it's out the NATO will be free at last and stand to the motherland.

> If the USA doesn't do something about their currency their economy will be fucked and China will be more powerful

> not to mention all the conflicts that will happen over the last drops of oil

Absolutely glorious, 10/10 would wanna witness.
>>
>>68912213
No one have ever said any of that shit. Stop projecting your thoughts onto others.
>>
>>68915854
It's a way to bait people to come to my thread, like I just did with you.
You must be new here, write this one down.
>>
>>68916081
Nah, i saged both times.
>>
>>68916134

No need for hostilities ddue, since you said you have a different point of view why dont you share it ?
>>
>>68916526
I'm not hostile. You don't understand the whole magnitude of oil production/oil consumption and peak oil.

http://www.livescience.com/38869-peak-oil.html

Here is your bump.
>>
Peak oil is the next generations problem. Maybe even the one after that. People generally don't care about problems that don't directly affect them. That's just human nature.
>>
>>68916857
The last paragraph will be the de facto case for Norway (most likekly everyone else too). This is awknowledged by anyone that matters in our country that is working in energy. There is no way, no way whatsoever that we'll be able to pump up all our oil reserves.
>>
>>68917193
This.

And fuck this garbage board.
>>
>>68917193
>>68917611

>"Firewood gave way to coal; and coal to oil and gas, not because they ran out or went into short supply but because the substitutes were cheaper and more efficient. But now, oil production does reach a peak without sight of a preferred substitute."

it just proves that we're heading towards a problem, the oil cannot be replaced and will eventually end so we will be in shit.
>>
>>68912213
>petro dollar
saged and filtered
>>
>>68917193
I'm confused. The article says that the meme of peak oil is wrong, but then says that there will be a peak of oil production. How does that change nations dependence on oil?

I'm ignorant on petropolitics and our oil economy,and I want to learn as much as possible
>>
>>68918149
I see you're ... violent
When a german is showing violent behavior, people become afraid, now you dont want me to report you to your local anti-nazi association that forces you to come to tolerance presentation twice a week, do you ?
>>
>>68915614
THe us
You mean the private owners of the federal reserve bank?
>>
>>68912213
Why do anything about it?

The rich don't care about America. It's just a place and they can move, so it's not like the US collapsing in 20 years is going to actually bother them. The majority of old fucks will be retired anyway, so they'll just take their millions and go fuck off to some other country without a care in the world. The younger ones, like the investors, make money no matter which way the market moves so a US collapse is just another money-making opportunity for them. Meanwhile, the politicians will be out of office LONG before the consequences of their actions are known.

So, why should anyone in power care? Unless the People do something about it, which they won't, there will never be consequences.
>>
>>68918070
Nuclear m8
>>
>>68919296
But the jews won't allow it
>>
>>68918329
The meme about oil running out is wrong. It won't run out, it will just fluctuate between too expensive to extract and too expensive to buy.

Right now, it's too expensive to extract. Oil companies are going bust every week due to the low oil prices, and eventually supply will fall in line with the new lower-demand caused by the slower economy. Then, with all those oil companies gone, supply will be tighter than ever before due to the loss of various exploration projects and infrastructure projects. As supply lags behind demand, prices will explode. They will get so high (again) that people won't be able to buy oil and so demand will fall. Then, price will fall in response to demand and oil becomes to expensive to extract again. More oil companies go bankrupt, more oil exploration is canceled, more infrastructure projects are abandoned, and supply the cycle continues.

Eventually, oil ceases to be a viable energy source because the market it too volatile for the kinds of long term investment required for oil.
>>
>>68914982
>Yeah, but after a certain amount of time, oil WILL end

what makes you say that?
>>
>>68918070
solar roads
>>68918546
k
>>
>>68920016
>solar roads

kek.
pure scam
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.