[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do citizens of other nations think of American movies, especially
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: cap.jpg (85 KB, 448x604) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
85 KB, 448x604
What do citizens of other nations think of American movies, especially very pro-American movies like Captain America, Top Gun and Armageddon? Is it tedious seeing yet another AMERICA FUCK YEAH movie in the theaters? In a political context, is there a sense of propaganda in such films? Do older generations criticize you if you enjoy them? "Well, Captain America didn't win WWII, it was our own people who sacrificed and won in the Great Patriotic War." etc. ...?
>>
Propaganda
>>
You are the ones making the movies.
Make them as you like.
>>
>>68902715
Captain America was purposefully filmed so it would look like a propaganda movie. It even heavily borrows the aesthetic from WWII posters for it's credits sequence.
I personally don't have problems with it if it's this obvious or just used it for cheesy drama like Armageddon.
I can see problems arise if they use it in a much more subtle way and try to rewrite history by presenting themselves as accurate, though. Then it should be pointed out - although the movie can still be good and enjoyable in on itself.
>>
Watching another american movie makes me feel like "Russians are bad guys? Again?"
That's beyond meme
>>
I liked the Captain America films.
>>
>>68903271
This
I'm so sick of post-cold war slander against ruskies in movies
>>
>>68902935
This. I sure as hell wouldn't watch anything made in Finland even if they paid me. Nothing contemporary a least.

It can get a little chuckleworthy with the whole "we're the best country ever YEEHAAA" but i'll take it.
>>
>>68903271
What Russian movies do you recommend, senpai? I've only seen Waterloo and Demobbed
>>
Does very well here, everyone here likes them
>>
>>68902715
I don't really think about it. I just always thought every American was arrogant and unaware of the world outside their little bubble. Tourist have confirmed the fact they are like this. Also the most arrogant stuck in his own little world Aussie I know spent 2 years living in USA.
>>
for every movie thats pro-establishment theres probably 2 movies that are anti-establishment
>>
>>68904886
Furthermore we've always been good at separating fantasy from fiction in this country. I think that last film that pissed us off was enigma which completely changed the British victory in capturing the device
>>
>>68902715
I really like Captain America.

Everyone here likes the Avengers.

None critisises me.
>>
>>68904585
The BBC war and peace was amazing
>>
>>68902715
Caps 1 sucked harder than a starving Cuban whore
Caps 2 was Brety gud

I hate Tom cruise so top gun is a nono

Armageddon is gud too, muh don't wanna close muh eyes theme was catchy as hell

I don't mind the murican propaganda since it's fiction. In real the real world if You guys could event stop a couple of sand nigger from hijacking a plane least a multi national terrorist cell like hydra if it existed
>>
>>68905481
Does Mexico have a similar hero?
For that matter do other countries in general have a similar hero?
I know there's things like Captain Britain, but even then that's a U.S. comic.
>>
>>68905808
Not really, marvel and DC are big influence In super heroes pop culture in Mexico any a atempt ends beign a carbon copy with a diferentes flag of Caps murica
>>
File: 1444242560220.jpg (48 KB, 437x392) Image search: [Google]
1444242560220.jpg
48 KB, 437x392
Comic book movies suck giant kike cawk and Top Gun and Armageddon are cheesy cliche garbage
>>
>>68905950
Unlike [ ] from your country amirite?
>>
>>68905808
We have a few good comics, like judge dredd. But the closest thing to superhero is Doctor who. Superheroes are pretty much an American thing, although with much of our culture there is a degree of overlap
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.