[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does the 4th amendment apply to terrorists?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 43x6siq.jpg (26 KB, 540x360) Image search: [Google]
43x6siq.jpg
26 KB, 540x360
Does the 4th amendment apply to terrorists?
>>
>>68893264
No, they're not human beings and sub humans have no rights.
>>
Last I checked the laws and shit of a particular country only counted for it's citizens.
>>
>>68893264
Enemy combatants are not citizens, nor human.
>>
>>68893264
only if they're American citizens
>>
>>68893376
Actually the U.S. Constitution protects all who are lawfully within our borders.
>>
>>68893376
If you go to another country you still have to follow the laws. I don't see why it should be otherwise when it comes to rights.
>>
>>68893656
So that means the 4th will protect them?
>>
>>68893329
I like this
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 736x736
Tim Hortons has done it again guys! Make sure to thumbs down!...!! !
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4hnQs0w_LU
>>
>>68893798
Key word: Lawfully.
>>
>>68893264
Yes, it applies to everyone within our borders, even terrorists. This is why gitmo exists.
>>
>>68893264

If they are American citizens, then yes.

If you are being hunted by Obama, then no.
http://time.com/2912137/memo-anwar-al-awlaki-doj-drone/
>>
>>68894190
It even protects those here illegally.
>>
>>68893264
As long as they are within US territory, yes it does. However, it should be pretty easy to get a search warrant if there is even a shred of evidence that someone is connected to terrorism.
>>
For all the shit about Trump being pro torture, you guys know we torture right now, under obama, and we will continue to torture if Hill wins

We fly the people that need worked over to places like egypt, and question them while the locals get their hands dirty for us
>>
Can the government label anyone a terrorist and therefor they have no rights?

> the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

You could bend the fuck out of that to label almost everyone you want to label as a terrorist. Intimidation? It's not limited to the outside world either.
>>
>>68894201
So they send the terrorists to GITMO and deal with them there?
>>
>>68895395
GITMO is babby shit, it gets much worse for them

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extraordinary_rendition
>>
>>68893264
US Law applies to US citizens.
International law applies to no one.
>>
>>68893798
not if they're in Guantanamo Bay
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.