[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
On Brexit And Energy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: 4a8259427562956.jpg (50 KB, 625x625) Image search: [Google]
4a8259427562956.jpg
50 KB, 625x625
The UK would have £500m added to its energy bills annually if it left the EU and didn't remain a part of the internal energy market which allows for trade of energy across borders. (Norway is a part of the internal energy market, but doesn't have much say in policy, apparently.)
Most of the £500m comes from electricity rather than gas, specifically the decreased trade in electricity and reduced investment in interconnectors transporting electricity to the UK from Europe. Importing energy would also get more expensive if the £ became weaker to the €.

More importantly than access to the internal energy market is damaged investor confidence. If investors aren't confident in Britain, they'd demand higher returns on their energy investments, translating to higher prices on energy bills.

On the other hand leaving the EU could allow the UK to drop some of its green targets, and this could lower bills.

https://fullfact.org/europe/energy-bills-and-brexit/

Childhood is when you idolize batman. Adulthood is when you realise the Joker makes more sense.
*tip*, thanks Tumblr.
>>
>>68863344
>Childhood is when you idolize batman. Adulthood is when you realise the Joker makes more sense.
childhood is when you still collect your primary philosophical insight from jewish movies and not books.
>>
>>68863771
>>read the manga you animefags
>>
>>68863344
>Childhood you idolize Batman
>Angsty teens idolize the Joker
>Adults don't give a shit because they're fucking fictional characters
>>
>>68863848
>manga
>anime without the soundtrack
>>
>>68863344
Also, I didn't read your text before now. What you're stating sounds reasonable. However, wouldn't it be possible to fix some of these economical gaps by investing more in nuclear power?
>>
>>68863848
What are you talking about Abdul?
>>
Being a teenedger is when you think the Joker makes more sense.
Good going OP, you posted a more interesting pic than your post.
>>
File: anime on suicide watch.gif (2 MB, 516x371) Image search: [Google]
anime on suicide watch.gif
2 MB, 516x371
>>68863905
>what is onomatopoeia
>>
>>68863914
I would be happy with more nuclear power and fracking. I work in oil and gas and I say fuck it, the benefits to society outweigh the negative to the earth.
>>
As a Norwegian, I'm telling you - don't leave. You WILL regret it. We are saved by a few special deals a nd the EEA, but you will probably not. The EU has rejected any new special deal for Switzerland (not even part of the EEA), and seing as the UK doesn't bring anything to the table that others can't equally well, there is no reason for the EU to give you a free pass to the good stuff.

As much as I hate Cameron and Clegg, they are right in warning you.
>>
Children idolize Miley Cyrus and adults idolize the Kardashians
>>
>>68863771
>literature literally run by kikes
>all the awards go to "muh holocaust" shitty books
>implying that literature is in some terms superior than any other means of entertainment
>>
>>68863914
The UK invests nothing.
It just opens itself up to international investment.
We were supposed to be getting some nuclear power stations built, but most of the moneycame from France and China, and then the French financier died and now the project is on the rocks.
The UK has gone the way of the globalist Jew, unfortunately.
>>
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35901811

"But there are no current FTSE 100 chief executives or chairmen and only 13 out of the 250 signatories are women - including Sir Rocco Forte's sister Olga and his niece Alex Polizzi. "

>>only 13 out of the 250 signatories are women

wtf has this got to do with anything!
>>
>>68864055
The EU is going to fall apart. There is no benefit to being part of that failed experiment.

Merkel killed it with rapefugees.
>>
>>68864088
Don't read anything that have won nobel prizes and don't read anything past the 90s that isn't "industrial society and its future". Generally, just have a sense of critisicm and you'll be fine.
>>
>>68864055
We are the 5th biggest economy. We will have more options than you. We want full control of our laws back. The whole primary function of the EU has nothing to do with Britain and it will collapse eventually. It's better to get out now.
>>
>>68864088
>oprah's book club is a thing that exists

people who get their ideas from books are intellectual adolescents, adult ideas are the result of observation and reflection
>>
Population: 50 million

So fucking what isn't that like £10 a person?

How fucking poor are you cUKs
>>
>>68864307
Why would a muslim country possibly want to leave EU?
>>
File: sK8DUWI.gif (3 MB, 341x270) Image search: [Google]
sK8DUWI.gif
3 MB, 341x270
>>68864460
Don't worry about it...Straya.

We going to leave the EU and get straya to pay for it!
>>
>>68864617
Will you fuck m8

I demand reparations for my parent country being such an immense faggot lately

Commonwealth is an embarassment to be frank
>>
>>68864402
Idiot
>>
>>68863344

Hey it's project fear, hey how's it going?

Excuse me, have to check on my solar panels, it was windy last night.
>>
>>68864307
You don't even have a constitution and your MPs are all pedos. Also, a frail old woman, an inbred homo, a degenerate and a few kids are your superior overlords. I fail to dee what autonomy you are losing out on.

You bring NOTHING to the table that others can't. If you leave, the EU will shun you and buy their shit elsewhere. Tariffs will be put on your goods, and your economy will go in the shitter. The Premier League will only get you so far.
>>
>>68864793
Englishman
>>
>>68863344
>The UK would have £500m added to its energy bills annually if it left the EU

Currently there are 27 million households in the UK
Average gas and electricity bill are £1,264 per household.

27m*£1,264=£34,128m

£34,128m - Total gas and electricity costs for all households in the UK (£34bn)

£500m/£34,128m=~0.014%

You are talking about a price increase of less that 0.015%. Gas and electricity prices are already going down anyway.

Try harder faggot.
>>
>>68865495
So that explains why we are the second largest economy in the EU behind Germany and if we leave the EU there is a high chance others will follow and the EU will take a huge hit.

Nice try faggot. Try meal worms next time I hear they are better B8 :')
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.