[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does /pol/ believe in climate change?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
Does /pol/ believe in climate change?
>>
>>68849790

I'm sick of hearing all these people on both sides sound like they have it All figured out

I can see both sides, but I really don't care enough to adjust my lifestyle for whatever it's worth
>>
/pol/ doesn't believe in change. period.
they are still racist bigots
>>
>>68849790

Yes, you silly Syrupean.

The Earth was at the peak of an ice age 20,000 years ago, it receded roughly 10,000 years ago, and we're currently living in an interstadial.

The climate changes. Deal with it.
>>
>>68849790
fucking cunt ass shitskins need to quit killing their forests, also destroy China & pooland.
>the environment is saved forever
>>
What don't understand, is how a Canadian could be asking a question like this.
Is the climate the same in february as it is in July?
Silly leaf. Go back to watching the leafs lose at hockey.
>>
>>68849790
I believe that climate change is a natural occurrence. I don't believe that it's substantially influenced by human activity.
>>
>>68849790
no
>>
>>68849790
climate has always changed.
The religion they got going on now? Nope, that's a scam, 6 gorrilion tier scam.

Also those memes they are pushing with bees dying out? Also utter bullshit, it's not real that one either. We just ended some extensive research on the matter here, only to conclude that it's all just fabricated bullshit.
>>
>>68850299
>Watching Hockey
I am convinced us Canadians pull this shit and pretend to like it just to have some sort of identity. We're so boring we have to make up shit to stand out
>>
>>68849790

I don't know. I don't know enough about it. Like many things in this regard, it probably exists, but the danger of it is likely overstated. Without really researching it, I'm not willing to say definitively one way or the other because I'm not a climatologist.

I could sit here and tell you about how I feel about it but that really doesn't count for anything because I have no expertise. I doubt many on /pol/ are knowledgeable enough to have an opinion on this that is worth much.
>>
>>68850481
>>68850538
>>68850550
Where do all the emissions from cars and factories go? It's not like it just disappears man. Whether its changing the climate or not all that shit is absolutely terrible for humans. See: Beijing or New Dheli
>>
>>68849790
Reminder that like every libshit, bernie is afraid of nuclear power, the only viable solution to climate change.

Hillary is a kike puppet and will stop nuclear at all cost because she sucks energy jew dick.

And in Donald Trump's own words, "I'm big on nuclear."
>>
No, every day I wake up and its the same goddamn thing.
>>
>>68850742
Plants you absolute retard.
>>
>>68852047
>And in Donald Trump's own words, "I'm big on nuclear."
he just wants his name on a power plant, don't kid yourself
>>
>>68852238
But putting his name on a power plant requires building one.
>>
File: asianfartwarsss.jpg (459 KB, 700x2863) Image search: [Google]
asianfartwarsss.jpg
459 KB, 700x2863
>>68849790
Climate is an analogy for change.
Most of the thinking around climate change is pretty retarded.
CO2 emissions aren't directly linked to increased global temperatures. Between 250 BCE to 400 CE we had what we call the Roman Warming period, an era when global temperatures the level we're at today. The difference is that in 200BCE there was no factories or Hummers to pollute the atmosphere.
Solar activity appears to play a significant role in how the climate shifts. Even if greenhouse gases play a role, all human activity amounts to less than a percentage of annual emissions.
Volcanoes and decaying plant life contribute more CO2 than humanity ever will.

tl;dr
We can't change the whether, neither consciously nor unconsciously.
Throwing money at the sky isn't going to do anything either.
>>
Yes and no.
It's real but natural, we should be looking to start transitioning to renewable energy (nuclear too). But human impact is miniscule, although China and India really need to get their shit together because they're destroying the environments over there.
>>
File: s;dfasdf3.jpg (29 KB, 590x350) Image search: [Google]
s;dfasdf3.jpg
29 KB, 590x350
yes.

i don't agree with the reaction towards it tho.
>>
>>68849790
>Does /pol/ believe in climate change?

Hello True Believer!
Do you believe in our one and only savior, Jesus Christ?

Belief is a powerful toy.
When humans stop believing in a Jew nailed to a stick, we start believing in other things that can be even more retarded.

Belief is a beneficial evolutionary trait.
People will always believe in something.
>>
>>68849790
if its real or not isn't the issue. The issue is do we care about the environment or not? Its so self centered to only make it an issue when it affects us. Why do we need a reason to not pollute the planet as much? Just do it because its the right thing to do, not because we are worried if it might affect us or not.
>>
>>68855639
>if its real or not isn't the issue.

That is the issue, though.

Are you a true believer, or a heretic?

Do you truly believe in Global Warming, or are you one of those deniers?

Was Mary a virgin, or a Whore?
>>
>>68858192
that's the issue because you can't think for yourself. You need someone to think it so you can choose sides. If its bad for the environment, then we should either minimize how bad it is or find an alternative. I'd like to see how great humans can become while making less of an impact on the environment. When you get caught up on picking sides then you give your self less opportunity to actually think for yourself.
Its like the gun issue, one side says less, one side says more. I say focus on education and jobs so people can improve their quality of life. If they begin valuing their own life, then they can begin valuing others.
>>
>>68858192
>>if its real or not isn't the issue.
>That is the issue, though
>>that's the issue because you can't think for yourself.

Reality is not subjective.
Religion is.

I don't believe in your religion.

>>68860481
>Its like the gun issue, one side says less, one side says more. I say focus on education and jobs so people can improve their quality of life.

What the fuck are you babbling about?

>Are you for or against gun ownership?

That's a good question, Chris.
I believe that men and women are all the same.
I also believe in flushing the toilet after taking a shit, but only if you wiped first.
Also, toilets are racist.

Therefore owning a gun is racist, because no one chooses to be a lesbian.

We need more money for education.

Why am I the only one who can understand this?
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.