[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Mormon General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29
File: ensignlp.nfo-o-64f.jpg (283 KB, 700x909) Image search: [Google]
ensignlp.nfo-o-64f.jpg
283 KB, 700x909
Ask your genuine questions and I'll answer.
Especially after the Utah loss for Trump, people are curious, and I'm here to help.
Questions regarding whether we're Christian or not are encouraged to look at pic related.
>>
>>68832236
why don't mormons just go back to their homeworld...?
>>
File: 1458857031235.jpg (28 KB, 332x500) Image search: [Google]
1458857031235.jpg
28 KB, 332x500
>>68832236
Why, when knowing that the man who founded your religion was a convicted con man, would you continue to believe in the bullshit he spewed.
>>
>>68832709
It takes too long to get there. Rocket fuel is hella expensive these days
>>68832782
Convicted con man? Not sure about that, but even so, through him the Book of Mormon as we know it came to be. If that's not true my family member then he was indeed a conman. If it is true, then what he taught was true and he was a prophet.
>>
>>68832982
He was a con man, he want from state to state peddling his shams and lies to the populous before being kicked out. His wife was first to leave the religion because he said that god told him he had to have sex with his maid. The fact that an otherwise rational human being would stoop to such depths as to believe these blatant, unfettered lies is inconceivable to me.
>>
>>68833557
See, that's the thing about people who insult the Church. They insult the character of Joseph Smith in any way they can, mixing half truths with outright lies.
His wife wasn't the first one my friend. The first one was a fellow who left because Joseph spelled his name wrong or something.
Was he a perfect man? Hell no, he documents himself many of his mistakes and weaknesses. But I don't base my faith on his character. I base it off of Christ and the Book of Mormon which is another witness of Him.
>>
Explain this https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre
>>
File: fick1420BBF276A6A6E4.webm (3 MB, 746x420) Image search: [Google]
fick1420BBF276A6A6E4.webm
3 MB, 746x420
>>68832982
>It takes too long to get there. Rocket fuel is hella expensive these days
That's too bad
They're already here, fucking your women
You should have voted Trump
He would deport all illegal ayyliums
>>
>>68834012
Explain it?
Can't. They were wrong. Church leaders today say they were wrong.
Keep in mind though, this was a people who had been chased out from state to state, murdered plundered and raped.
They crossed the whole of America only to still be harassed. You'd break at that point I think.
Am I justifying it? Not in the slightest. Take any group, nation or religion however and it'ss history isn't perfect.
I appreciate the questions.
>>68834259
LEWD.
HARAM.
Bloody hell lad.
Hey, I would vote trump if I could.
>>
>>68834537
From what I see,it was just a robbery where the cult members killed all the witnesses.
>>
Bad news anon.

The church ain't true.

I've felt the pain sorry for what you're about to feel
>>
>>68834894
I take it you're the type that views Later Day Saints at cult members?

Your summary seems pretty right. What do you expect me to say? This wasn't sanctioned or in any way right. The Prophet at the time launched an investigation into it.
People still try to attach these disgusting cowardly people and their actions to the church.
These were not good people and would be kicked out of the church if they were found out.
Why focus on the negatives my friend? Don't you have any theological questions?
>>
>>68833882
I'm a member too. I hate it when people search anti Mormon things instead going to the real source. Yeah the members of the church have done some bad things but that's human nature. That doesn't make the church any less true.
>>
>>68835251
Pain?
Life is mostly pain my friend.
Why pretend otherwise?
I've found a source of hope, a true one that I know to be right. Of course there will be pain to come, doesn't make the church less true.
>>
>>68835304
Nigga please. Brigham Young was tooling around town in one of the stolen buggies.All the loot was put into a building then sold.

All religion is a fraud.Yours is just the most retarded.
>>
did the whole 6ft Quakers on the moon thing ever work out?
>>
>>68835637
>Nigga please. Brigham Young was tooling around town in one of the stolen buggies.All the loot was put into a building then sold.
I'm going to need proofs on that one.
Do you actually in your spare time fill your head with anti religious rhetoric? I'm curious.

>All religion is a fraud.Yours is just the most retarded.
Ahh, your fedora is showing, careful.
I'm here to answer the questions of honest seekers. If you'll be too proud to take any new information or any new perspective, that makes you as bigoted as the people we so decry as SJW doesn't it?
I get not being religious, I really do, but please don't become bitter and closed because of it.
>>
Why did Mormons murder so many Americans when the religion started
>>
Mormonism is retarded. I kind of want you guys to be right though so i can apologize to you 'god' after i die and still get to go to heaven.
>>
>>68836134
Shouldn't that be put the other way around?
>>
>>68836134
Perhaps it was the other way around?
Not to say they didn't fight back or commit violence at all.
They were kicked out of 3 or 4 states and even had an extermination order against them in Missouri. Fairly sure it was the other way.
>>68836311
If it were that simple anon, our religion truly would be retarded.
>>
>>68832236
do you masturbate, and how much?
>>
I live in Palmyra New York, can you please fuck off from my town unless you want to live here in hell for your life.
>>
>>68836465
Masturbation is haram anon.
>>68836561
B-but I'm in Australia....
>>
>>68832236
Do you have your ounce of gold, and 100 ounces of silver yet?
Did Joseph Smith really stick his head in his hat and hear the voice of god or whoever, then write that as your holy book?
Do you always wear magic underwear? Opinion?
>>
What's something Mormonism gave you that other churches can't give?
>>
>>68836743
Why do yall rejected the trinitarianism and monotheism?

Why isn't God the Supreme bieng to yall but instead one of many?

It's seams that Mormonism is like a soft form of gnostic paganism using christian terminology with new meaning.
>>
>>68836743
Listen I can hear hill comorah from my fucking house. Your prophet was a just another shit head, and those tablets are fake as fuck.
>>
>>68836841

Not aussie mormon anon, but I'll bite.

>Did Joseph Smith really stick his head in his hat and hear the voice of god or whoever, then write that as your holy book?

Personally I believe he most likely he did, though the church likes to move around that idea otherwise.

>Do you always wear magic underwear?

Only those who are allowed to enter the temple and are able to make covenants wear the undergarments.

>Opinion?

Its an alright concept really, though it is unconventional to everyone else.
>>
Your buildings have breathtaking architecture, your families are pure and wholesome and good contributors to society, your business enterprises are mighty and contribute to the national economy, your people have contributed great things to art such as Twilight and the final Wheel of Time novels, and Mormons commit almost zero violent crime. How is your overall culture so amazing?
>>
>>68832236
tell me about the magic underwear, does it have masonic symbols on it?
>>
>>68832236
>>68835318
Hey mormonbros.
Glad to see I'm not the only one here. Great job at dispelling myths and explaining
>>
>>68837433
Not that I'm aware of
>>
As someone who has lived in Utah their entire life, and been around Mormons for 23 years I can tell you there's something there. I've been to church a few times, and while I can tell you I don't believe in God there is an overwhelming sense of "spirit" is the best word for it. If you've been raised to believe that this feeling, is the word of God I am wholly convinced that you would believe it's the word of God. It's very hard to explain.

>>68837041
Mormonism is appealing to a lot of people because you are sealed to your family and loved ones for all eternity. Meaning even after death you will still get to see them and be with them forever. It's why Mormons strive to get married in their temple.
>>
>>68836841
Where the hell did you hear about the Gold, because I've never heard about it?
Magic underwear? It gives me powers.
But seriously, they're not magic, but they remind you of your sacred promises you made with God. So they're an all the time thing.
I didn't like them at first, but now they're comfy.
>>68837108
We believe in and worship one God.
The whoel Man can become like God thing is something we know not a whole lot about. We don't know of any other supreme being other than God the Father. In that regard, we are monotheistic.
In terms of not believing in the trinity, we could go on for a while about that but the short version is that when Joseph saw God and Jesus Christ they appeared as two separate beings.
>>68837124
Haha, I'm sorry anon... It must be a pain. Don't be salty, us Mormons are nice :)
>>68837338
Not so sure about the Twilight part, but hey thanks :)
We try to be like Jesus, that's why we do alright.
>>68837433
The 'magic' underwear is a symbol of my covenants with God to be a good lad and all that.
>>68837523
Not alone here anon :)
>>
>>68832782
I asked Xenu to ask Moroni and the answer was a resounding YES!
>>
>>68836026
>I'm going to need proofs on that one
ha, is this real? a religious guy demanding proofs?

just believe you dumb goy, how dare you question?
>>
>>68837680
>comparing us to Scientology
Not even close anon
>>
>>68837601
They swarm my small town, use tons of land and shit, no taxes. Why do you make my people suffer ?
>>
>>68837554
>Not that I'm aware of
good answer, not a flat denial

>>68837601
>The 'magic' underwear is a symbol of my covenants with God to be a good lad and all that.
I hear they can stop bullets, and resist fire
>>
>>68837843
They made out of nylon, I think.
Idk about the bullet stopping part. But they are flame retardant. Buddy of mine almost caught on fire if it want for his garments
>>
>>68832236
What's your opinion of the spiritual experiences reported by people watching Brigham Young speak at the conference on August 8, 1844?
>>
>>68838047
Wasn't*
>>
File: HailSatan.gif (3 MB, 485x346) Image search: [Google]
HailSatan.gif
3 MB, 485x346
>>68832236

Why do missionaries not talk to seriously when i tell them i really like mormonisn and wouldnt mind being a mormon at all but i cant believe half the shit they do in my mind.

I also bring up me not being able to lie to my future kids about the religion. Like i won't tell them that having your own planet after death is real and other stuff along those lines.

Also im a career bartender.
>>
>>68837601
You may worship one God but you still acknowledge the existence of other God's

And that God the Father wasn't always God

So by definition yall are polythiest.

>I will preach on the plurality of gods. I am going to tell you how God came to be God. We have imagined and supposed that God was God from all eternity. I will refute that idea, and take away the veil, so that you may see - Joseph Smith
>>
File: 1256915110374.jpg (18 KB, 441x408) Image search: [Google]
1256915110374.jpg
18 KB, 441x408
>>68836561
take that up with god, that's where god appeared to ol' Jo
>>
>>68837680
Shh, don't tell them about Xenu and Moroni!!
>>68837691
Demanding? I wasn't demanding anything friend. He made a wild claim that has no basis in fact all I asked was a report of some kind to say what happened.
Silly bong, I question my faith. It helps me grow stronger. Matters of faith aren't ones that can be proven to others unfortunately, but it's a mighty personal experience. There is little to know quantifiable evidence for my faith that you would see or feel, I get that.
Please, question.
It helps you grow stronger.
>>68837817
Sorry... Surely apart from being a touch campy, we don't make you suffer?
>>68837843
>Not that I'm aware of
>good answer, not a flat denial
We like to take care not to talk of special things lightly. That's why this anon wouldn't be able to say for sure.
>I hear they can stop bullets, and resist fire
If only, that'd be cool.
>>
have u read the "letter to a CES director"?
>>
What the fuck is the heavenly mother?
>>
>>68832236
This qt Mormon girl goes by my house to preach sometime. How do I get to fuck her?
>>
>>68832236
Why is Joseph Smith a more likely source for divine truth than say, L Ron Hubbard or Muhammad?
>>
>>68837583
you sound like a mormon pretending not to be a mormon
>>
>>68838544
Not quite sure on that one. As far as I understand, there hasn't been any revelation or anything on the subject. Whether this is due to respect heavenly or that one does not exist. We do not know. Such answer must be revealed to the prophet
>>
>>68838047
duude, I got some baad news maan

some angel fuck just appeared and gave me invisible tablets and invisible galsses that I can use to see them, and I translatred what was there

It says you are all faggots

>>68838369
>He made a wild claim that has no basis in fact
hmm, you mean he pretended he'd been visited by and angle and given magic tablets and glasses?

I can see how that would be difficult to believe without proof

>That's why this anon wouldn't be able to say for sure.
he hasn't seen them? or he has seen them and wishes to cover up the masonic connection?
he should deffo give proofs for suchlike
>>
>>68837523
No problem mate.
>>
>>68838584
their big weakness is magic invisible glasses and tablets
>>
>>68838584
Easy. You marry her and love her
>>
>>68838712

Utah people are probably just like that.
>>
>>68838193
Dunno anon, missionaries can be lame as well, I was one as well, we make mistakes.
You don't have to tell them that stuff, you can just take it slow and find out whats true and whats not and go from there.
>>68838261
Again, we don't know too much anon tbqhwy.
I don't have all the answers and even the prophet wouldn't have them all.
>>68838117
It's an interesting one, I'll give you that. It helped the church move forward
>>68838584
Don't :)
>>68838663
Good question. Very good one.
You have to look at what they produced. Mohammed, the Quran, Hubbard, whatever books on Scientology and Jo-Jo, the book of Mormon.
If the Book of Mormon is indeed the word of God, it would in fact show that Jo-Jo is a Prophet of God.
>>68838763
Come now Bong, lets be civil.
If there was a Masonic Connection, (which there are, Jo-Jo was a bit of a mason, early temples the masons helped build) why cover it up?
Be civil now.
>>
>>68838763
>>>68838047 (You)
>duude, I got some baad news maan
>some angel fuck just appeared and gave me invisible tablets and invisible galsses that I can use to see them, and I translatred what was there
>It says you are all faggots
Cool
>>>68838369
>>He made a wild claim that has no basis in fact

>>That's why this anon wouldn't be able to say for sure.
>he hasn't seen them? or he has seen them and wishes to cover up the masonic connection?
I haven't taken out my endowments yet
>>
>>68839081
Ignore the "wild claim" part
>>
>>68839019
im from utah. non-mormons don't use the word "strive" like that. im guessing they're either former or current mormon
>>
>>68837816
But it is because both cults are built for the material benefit of the founder. Did Jesus "have to" fuck his disciples' wives or live out his days in comfort in a position of power supported by "the church". No, he died young nailed to a pole. Even if you compare Chritianity, Scientology and Mormonism under the assumption that each founder of his respective cult was running a con (not just the two obvious modern scams), which two have the most in common, hmm? Tip: not the selfless young guy who always did right by everyone else ahead of himself and who paid for it with an agonizing death. ..
>>
>>68836433
It was the other way around. It was literally legal to murder Mormons under federal law for a while.

>>68832236
You guys are one of the progenitors of my own religion, and we adopted some of your practices. Do you have a process for kicking people out of the Church, and if so, when are you going to do it to Glenn Beck?

I thought it was a lowblow to attack him for being Mormon once, but his Jimmy Swaggart routine is clearly calling the LDS into disrepute. Really. There's nothing y'all could need less than that preposterous boob telling other Christians that they're not real Christians because of a difference of political opinions.
>>
>>68839028
>It's an interesting one, I'll give you that. It helped the church move forward
What a half-assed answer. Did you have to look up what I was talking about?

Do you think the experiences were authentic, or did they serve a political purpose?
>>
>>68839028
>Come now Bong, lets be civil.
>If there was a Masonic Connection, (which there are, Jo-Jo was a bit of a mason, early temples the masons helped build) why cover it up?
>Be civil now.
are you doubting my claims? why would you doubt such an important revelation as was just given me by real angles that actually visited me just now.

why do you disbelief you're new prophet?

I was also told to tell you that if you disbelive me, you will be tormented on the day os salvation, and be cast into hades and gehenna, verily

your treading a fine line boyo, you're very immortal sole itself is at stake, I wish for nothing but for you to be saved from these consquences!!
>>
>>68838712
Nah, like I said. I've grown up around them. Every one of my friends until high school were Mormon. They've tried to convert me plenty of times and I've grown up immersed in the culture.

>>68839171
Not a former Mormon either. I do have a 2 copies of the book of Mormon though. One of them even has my name engraved on it that I got as a graduation gift from my friends Mom. The other was sent to me from a friend while he was on his mission. I've read about 10 pages, but I can't bring myself to read any more than that, because it's pretty much all bull shit.
>>
>>68838584
I thought they didn't send out missionaries of the opposite sex for just this reason.
>>
>>68834259
that alien head is going to need a tissue or two
>>
>>68839291
Difference between Jesus and Jo-Jo is that Jo-Jo made mistakes. A lot of them, cause he wasn't perfect. We don;t pretend or hide that he had multiple wives, but the circumstances may be different to what everyone knows.
Keep in mind, Jospeh Smith was martyred. He didn't live a life of comfort, his days were spent in danger or in prison as soon s he organised the religion.
>>68839424
I haven't heard of that, can you give me a link or something?
I do know of the extermination order. That one was a doozy and was only repealed 20 or so years ago.
>>68839430
sorry anon ;)
What do I think? I think that it was legitimate experience that allowed the church to unify. SO in a sense it was a real experience with political effects.
>>68839424
Glenn Beck? I only learned about him a couple of days ago.. Geeze oh man is that a fellow who's mingling teachings of God with his own branding. Not the biggest fan.
>>68839694
>By their fruits ye shall know them
You could be a ravenous wolf for all I know bong :) gotta be careful of them!
I was going to say that if God was to call a Prophet he would call one who could spell.
But then I remembered Joseph Smith was practically illiterate...
>>68839877
Kepp trying to read anon, don't knock it back just yet.
>>68839927
Nah, they send girl missionaries. Quite a few these days.
>>
how do mormons deal with the fact that god doesnt exist and only shit tier humans believe in it?
>>
>>68840082
How leafs feel about there shit tier shitposting?
>>
>>68840082
By not being salty like you ;)
>>
>>68832236
is it true that you hoard farts, by farting on plastic bottles and freezing them?
Why do you do that? What purpose does frozen farts have? Is it some kind of fuel?
>>
>>68840063
I don't care to anymore. It's not for me, I enjoy pot, video games, and porn far too much to sign my soul to Christ. I was very very close to converting right after high school because of a girl, but decided it wasn't worth it and was cast back to sin.
>>
File: Royal kek.jpg (50 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Royal kek.jpg
50 KB, 600x400
>>68840063

>I was going to say that if God was to call a Prophet he would call one who could spell.
>But then I remembered Joseph Smith was practically illiterate...

Man, Australian Mormons are the best.
>>
>>68840296
I feel the same way, brother
>>
>>68840063
>allowed the church to unify
That is the opposite of what happened at the time.

You don't know enough about the history of your church.
>>
>>68840291
Then that's your decision to make.
>>
>>68840250
That's our rocket fuel for getting home.
Don't tell anyone!
>>68840291
We all have vices. Trust me though, it's worth throwing those chains away and coming to Christ.
Don't get converted for a girl though, never a good idea. You find Christ for you and only you. That's whose Soul's at stake
>>68840468
Ahh, but I do. Several splinter churches were created, but had it not been for Brother Brigham being called, the whole organisation could have fallen apart.
>>
File: Principia Discordia.jpg (61 KB, 420x650) Image search: [Google]
Principia Discordia.jpg
61 KB, 420x650
>>68840063
Deseret Books has Glenn Beck's "An Unlikely Mormon". It's actually pretty great, from long before his current insanity.

One of the Discordian (modern) founders was LDS. Our creation and naming of Saints is based on that and the idea of posthumous baptisms. If I recall correctly, it might have actually caused the first modern schism, but since we're actively encouraged to schism, disagree, crib each others work, and excommunicate each other all the time, it can be hard to be sure it was the first schism.

Kerry Thornley also said that The Honest Book of Truth was revealed to him in a manner not entirely unlike Joseph Smith's revelation of the golden discs. We actually lost the Honest Book of Truth for decades, following the tale in the Principia Discordia upon how it was taken from Kerry. A copy was only rediscovered buried in the Discordian Archives a couple of years ago.
>>
>>68840704
> but since we're actively encouraged to schism, disagree, crib each others work, and excommunicate each other all the time

Not sure if trolling or not a good Mormon. We're not encouraged to Schism. This is the Gospel we're talking about, not which two characters are the best to ship.
>>
>>68832236
>whether we're Christian or not

Mormons aren't Christians any more than Christians are Jews.

Christianity = Judaism + stuff that Jews don't believe.

Mormonism = Christianity + stuff that Christians don't believe.
>>
>>68840063
>>By their fruits ye shall know them
>You could be a ravenous wolf for all I know bong :) gotta be careful of them!
>I was going to say that if God was to call a Prophet he would call one who could spell.
>But then I remembered Joseph Smith was practically illiterate...
implying Imma tree, you must bow down and worship me because magic specs n sheet!!

your very immortal soul stands in peril, oy vey

and the angel provided tablates hast dun giveneth me knew spealingses to distringwish mine voise from that of the heathen whose spellings you are know undre!!

repents, repents for you have been given the knew gosple!

bow doon, boe dawn, lest ye be loost!

>>68840869
I ams the truu truu! reeeeeepent or be torture!
>>
File: 1458282871927.jpg (210 KB, 1024x694) Image search: [Google]
1458282871927.jpg
210 KB, 1024x694
>>68832236
Should /pol/lacks infiltrate the Mormon church and make it a white-nationalist religion like it was pre-1978?

Should we make Mormonism great again?
>>
Heretic
>>
>>68841129
Good luck with that
>>
>>68840515
I know. I'm the one that made the decision remember?

>>68840598
Yeah, I'm not going to lie, I've thought about it, but I'm not a believer in God. I can see why people do it, I've seen the happiness it brings people, especially when my friends were sealed in the temple to their wives. It's not for me to say there is no God, or that your religion is wrong, especially if it makes you happy. It's just not for me.
>>
File: Creation of Saints.jpg (211 KB, 737x876) Image search: [Google]
Creation of Saints.jpg
211 KB, 737x876
>>68840869
I was talking the Discordians.

I've attached the relevant story.
>>
File: 1458440381445.jpg (9 KB, 211x246) Image search: [Google]
1458440381445.jpg
9 KB, 211x246
>>68832236
>con man reads gold plates in a hat from God
>millions of people still believe this

You guys should be fucking embarrassed, Jesus fuck.
>>
>>68840157
*their

we deal with our adequate educational institution
>>
>>68840160
im not salty, but jesusfags arent good at understanding things, as usual
>>
>>68841222
naa, they are pretty much mason goy in the higher ranks, and want the stupid egalitae, fraternitae bullshit which involves mixing Whites out of existence
>>
>Attacking grammar
Whatever makes you feel better.
>>
Your comparison isn't too crash hot.
Apples and Oranges.
Just because we have some beliefs that are unique doesn't make us any less valid.
Take the Catholic idea of Transubstantiation.
When you look at it it's pretty unique to the Catholics and an odd belief at that.
>>68841257
Well don't count yourself out just yet.
Plenty of people I've spoken to have felt the same, then over time they let God in. You may need time and I respect that.
>>68841275
My goodness what Heresy...
>>68841359
>>68841450
Canada's on fire today with their nonsense.
We just see things differently. To imply billions of people in the world are silly because of a belief that you don't hold makes you a touch salty.
>>
>>68841707
>We just see things differently.

No kidding. You're an oblivious, gullible moron.
>>
>>68841129
Hey, I'd like it if it were a touch more nationalist...
I wouldn't stop you
>>68841597
Prophet, are you still here? Cheeky bugger, go home.
>>
>>68841597
If believing that makes you sleep better at night, by all means.
>>
>>68841707
Maybe when I'm older and have settled down a little bit. Like I said, I've entertained the thought. But probably not any where in the near future.
>>
>>68841823
Ohhh, there it is.
Friend, we're on different continents, separated by thousands of kilometres of ocean, yet I can still taste the salt.
>All these gullible sheeple! They don't understand like I do!!!!!!!!1!1!one!!!
>dibs bedora
>>68841894
Sounds good anon, keep God in your thoughts. He'll take care of you.
>>
>>68841823
>Name-calling
>Not addressing the point that was being made.
>>
File: Baptism.jpg (306 KB, 1198x920) Image search: [Google]
Baptism.jpg
306 KB, 1198x920
>>68841707
It doesn't get better. Both excerpts are from the 5th edition introduction written by Kerry Thornley himself. Published in 1991.
>>
>>68832982
>worshiping the original Peter Popoff
>>
>>68841839
yous musd felloow mi!!

I wills send of angles toneet!

be's of reddy
>>
>>68842098
I didn't see my point being addressed. You've quite literally been duped by a known charlatan.

>>68842046
I'm not saying I understand anything, but I can understand an obvious fraudulent scheme.
>>
I want you to refute everything in this article
http://www.biblebelievers.com/jmelton/Mormons.html
>>
Where have the Mormons buried the Ark of the Covenant?
>>
>>68842365
Idk
>>
>>68841707
no dumb roo, there is no god, you are too stupid to realize it, thus you are inferior. fix yourself, or accept your place as one who belongs in subjugation.
>>
>>68842106
My word... What's this guys story??!?! Please tell me he's been excommunicated...
>>68842132
Hey newcomer. We worship Christ and God the Father.
>>68842258
Obvious Fraudulent scheme?
Geeze freind. It's not a scheme. It's peoples lives and souls and helping them.
>>68842365
On our home planet, clearly.
>>68842335
I want you to find something that isn't half truths mixed with conjecture. Plus there's a lot there. It's take a while.
>>68842444
k
>>68842216
I'll wait for you tonight!! XDDDD
>>
>>68842444
K
>>
>>68842335
OMG, THE ANGLE MORONI???

THAT IS WHO TONIGHT VISIST!

>>68842646
MORONI WILL COME YOU TO!! MUST BELIEF MUCH!
>>
If you are a real mormon wouldn't /pol/ be the last place you should visit? What would your bishop and the relief society think of you? Truly sickening that you can expose yourself to such filth and still go to church every sunday.

If anything mormons who can't make up their mind about the religion are worse than apostates. those who party on saturday but go to church on sunday sicken me. I am an ex member but was raised in it until the age of 14 (when I left). If anybody got questions for a real nigga who isn't trying to convert you ask away
>>
>>68842646
all theist can answer is "k"
:^)

thats cuz ur wrong, kanga
>>
>>68842853
You're still here?
>>
>>68842897
no
>>
>>68842924
K
>>
Your religion is literally heresy. The Son of God came to us and after he was done here he ascended into heaven. Everything after him is false heresy and Joseph Smith is a false prophet. How can you believe in Jesus and an idiot who has no spiritual authority whatsoever? It's the most contradictory religion out there and speaks against itself through using Christ. Convert to Catholicism while you still can. Stop following a heretics religion.
>>
>>68842802
t
kt
ekt
rekt
ekt
kt
t
>>
File: Honest Book of Truth.jpg (221 KB, 865x993) Image search: [Google]
Honest Book of Truth.jpg
221 KB, 865x993
METROPOLITAN YORBA LINDA HERALD-NEWS-SUN- TRIBUNE-JOURNALDISPATCH-
POST AND SAN FRANSISCO DISCORDIAN SOCIETY CABAL BULLETIN
AND INTERGALACTIC REPORT & POPE POOP

GREATER POOP: Are you really serious or what?

MAL-2: Sometimes I take humor seriously. Sometimes I take seriousness humorously.
Either way is irrelevant.

GP: Maybe you are just crazy.

M2: Indeed! But do not reject these teachings as false because I am crazy. The reason
that I am crazy is because they are true.

>>68842646
I doubt it.
>>
>>68843011
K
>>
>>68842646
You have to convey why you think he isn't a scamming charlatan. Can't go covering your ears and humming really loud and every conflict.
>>
File: 18ltjs23frn4jjpg.png (647 KB, 800x465) Image search: [Google]
18ltjs23frn4jjpg.png
647 KB, 800x465
>>68832236
1. Christ =/= God
2. Trump is the second coming
>>
>>68832236
nobody's curious, we all know the elders fixed the vote.

and you're no mormon, you're a shitposter.
>>
>>68842861
>If anybody got questions for a real nigga
Errr
>If anything mormons who can't make up their mind about the religion are worse than apostates
Not doctrine. Not at all. God bless the amazing people who struggle for years with their faith trying to find an answer.
I browse /pol for dank memes.
Nobodies perfect anon ;^)
>>68842996
Please elaborate.
>>68843090
Sweet goodness.....
>>68843167
Good point.
I know that Joseph SMith is a Prophet, because the Book that was translated by him, the Book of Mormon is true. I have studied it, and doubted it and prayed to God for an answer. Through Him I now know. It's pretty simple.
I wish I could convey how I felt or have you experience what I have. Believing is hard, I know. I have no proof but my word and my experiences. That's all I have.
>>68843379
Pretty sure that was Soros who fixed the polls...
Shitposter? Ouch. Mean.
>>
anyone else wondering if the aussie is just shitposting like usual?

I have a hard time believing someone can be a mormon and still be smart enough to use the internet. I mean it's pretty difficult to prove any religious beliefs but mormons are fucking out of control. How could any sane person actually learn the history of how the Mormon church started and not say, "oh so that's bullshit, gotcha".

Come on guys stop falling for the bait
>>
>>68843494
glenn beck and george soros cooperating? now who's the conspiracy theorist?
>>
>>68843494
>please elaborate

You're literally worse than shit-skin muslims when it comes to deflecting/ignoring actual facts that diffuse your argument.

Jesus is the Son of God. He came, and then he went. There is no after prophets because the Son of God already came. Islam, Mormonism, All these things that came after are false.

Convert to Catholicism and leave this bullshit heresy behind you.
>>
>>68843531
Of course he's a troll. It's fun picking apart trolls who think they're clever, then they're exposed to be trolls. It's a game ya fucking newfag.
>>
File: Prankster and the Conspiracy.jpg (16 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Prankster and the Conspiracy.jpg
16 KB, 300x300
>>68842646
The only man who wrote a book about Lee Harvey Oswald before JFK was shot. Co-Founder of the Discordian Society. There are literally books written about him and even though I own all of them, and I knew the man, I'm not sure any of of us could tell you what his story was.
>>
>>68843727
just so you know, if you are going to pretend to be a le oldfag people rarely use the newfag meme outside of /b/. the more you know
>>
>>68843531
Yeah, there's a lot of craziness, no need to be rude. I just know the Book of Mormon is true. That's all I need to know.
>>68843585
Whoa, >implying
I didn't say anything of the like. Beck was just being Beck and a bit of a heretic, and Soros, well he's a bit fo a sneaky one.
>>68843670
>You're literally worse than shit-skin muslims when it comes to deflecting/ignoring actual facts that diffuse your argument.
That's not a kind thing to say.
I asked you to elaborate so I could respond to your argument better.
When and where does it say that there would be no more prophets, that God had finished His work among men?
>>68843727
Seriously, what's your beef buddy? Why so grumpy? Is it so hard to believe I'm not trolling? C'mon lad.
>>
File: Idle Warriors.jpg (30 KB, 225x346) Image search: [Google]
Idle Warriors.jpg
30 KB, 225x346
>>68843494
>His entire official title
From http://hyperdiscordia.crywalt.com/csea_affidavit.html
>affidavit sent by Lord Omar defending Chaplin IM False's religious rights.

I, Kerry Wendell Thornley, KSC, JFK Assassin, Bull Goose of Limbo, Recreational Director of the Wilhelm Reich Athletic Club, Assistant Philosopher, President of the Universal Successionist Association (USA), Chairperson of the Kronstadt Vengeance Committee, Poet Laureate of the Randolph Bourne Association for Revolutionary Violets, Minister in the Church of Universal Life, Trustee for the Center for Mythographic Arts, Correspondent for the Desperate Imperialist News Service (DIN), Vice President of the Generic Graffiti Council of the Americas, CEO of the Umbrella Corporation and of the Spare Change Investment Corporation, Treasurer of the Commercial Erisian Orthodox Tabernacle, Assistant Treasurer of the John-Dillinger-Died-For-You Society, Public Relations Director of Precision Psychedelics, Managing Editor of The Decadent Worker, Public Security Committee Chief of the Revolutionary Surrealist Vandal Party (RSVP), Advisor to the Niccolo Machiavelli University of Jesuit Ethics, Instructor of the Mullah Nasrudin Sufi Mime Troupe, Dean of Bodhisattvas of the 12 Famous Buddha Mind School, Mail Clerk of Junk Mail Associates, Chaplaim ofthe Erotic Terrorism Committee of the Fucking Communist Conspiracy (FCC, etc.), Deputy Counsel of the International Brotherhood of Doom Prophets, Local 666, Alleged Founder of the Zenarchist Affinity Group (ZAG) and the Zenarchist Insurgency Group (ZIG), Co-Founder of the Discordian Society, Grand Master ofthe Legion of Dynamic Discord, Saint 2nd Class in the Industrial Church of the SubGenius, CEO of the Brooklyn Bridge Holding Company, Executive Vice President of the Bank of Hell, Chief Engineer of the Southern Fascist Railway (``Our Trains Run On Time!''), Inspector for the Political Correctness Division of the Marta Batista Cola Company, and Satanist Quaker
>>
>>68843968
Fair enough. I just know you are a gay faggot, god told me so in a hat. That's all i need to know.
>>
>>68843494
I'm not going to deny you felt and think your experience was real, but I just find it incredibly ridiculous to believe anything Joseph Smith had said.

You do realize how ridiculous reading gold plants in a hat sounds (to which only he could read for some reason) right?
>>
>>68844070
>plates*
>>
>>68843968
>When and where does it say that there would be no more prophets, that God had finished His work among men?

Yes because why would God send his only son down to Earth, let him be received, then have him ascend back to heaven, BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!

You're an idiot.
>>
>>68842861
I browse /pol/ because it's always right. But just because I'm Mormon doesn't mean I can't come here. I love the memes and I'm voting MAGA so what's the big deal?
>>
>>68844235
I don't know much about it, but I thought they were just attempting to correct errors in the Catholic Church. I think Mormons believe the Church was righteous at one point but has since fallen.

Correct? Is that what the angel and God told Joseph?
>>
>>68844053
>>68844070
Both comments about the hat...
If only a third one had come along, then it would've been a... HAT TRICK!! Hahaha.

Canada-bro, of course it sounds insane. Of course it does. I won't say otherwise, but for me it's more that I can't deny the truth of what I know even if I tried.
Burger, God told me in my hat, that I was cool.... Either your God or my God's lying...
>>68844235
>Yes because why would God send his only son down to Earth, let him be received, then have him ascend back to heaven, BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE!
>You're an idiot.
What a compelling argument. I asked for you to tell me where it says that God would stop calling Prophets. If Christ was the only one needed, why bother with prophets in the first place? Please tell me where (and like an adult this time) it says ANYTHING about no more prophets or that God's work is done among men. Please, enlighten me.
>>68844418
God told Joseph that they had lost the fulness of His word. In a nutshell at least.
Our belief is that there are so many amazing churches and so many amazing people with so much truth and light. We believe that we have the light and knowledge restored in full
>>
>>68838742
You don't know much about Mormonism

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavenly_Mother_(Mormonism)
>>
File: the programmer.png (285 KB, 1072x3272) Image search: [Google]
the programmer.png
285 KB, 1072x3272
this is pretty good
>>
>>68844748
I guess I don't. Never really dealt with the subject in Sunday School.
>>
>>68844585
>Either your God or my God's lying

my God says your God is a punk bitch(via the hat of course).

He also said your mom likes BBC. God knows all. Don't make me swim through 50 miles of ocean to Australia and beat you up mormon-aussie
>>
>>68844879
That was beautiful anon.
>>68844748
>>68845018
We don't talk about it much. We literally know little to nothing about it. Most is just conjecture.
If God has said nothing on the subject, I assume it may be out of respect?
>>68845271
See, my God tells me to be nice, and that your mother is a good women.
Maybe mines lying though..
>>
>>68845373
That's what I've been told.
>>
>>68845373
My God says your God is a cuck and watches in the shed while he bangs his wife
>>
>>68845572
Probably.
Seems like thread's dying.
Good show everyone.
Take care
>>
File: crazy1024.jpg (156 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
crazy1024.jpg
156 KB, 1024x768
>>68845373
Eris just appeared on my tv and requested I point out that I, inheritor of the teachings of the depraved heretic pagan Goddess, was polite and even provided scriptural notes and excerpts. Then she turned back into a CarMax commercial and left me alone with the rest of you.
>>
>>68845664
>Aussie shitposting + Mormon knowledge

Formidable combination. Brilliant job
>>
>>68845760
Thanks m8, take care.
>>
>>68845802
You too, brother
>>
>>68844585
Well Mormons aren't bad at all, I just believe you've been duped by an obvious conman. I apologize for the previous comments.

Really, there's nothing wrong with traditionalism and conservatism. You guys keep doing what you're doing, quick question though out of pure curiosity: why are you guys so seemingly nice?
>>
>>68845664
will you give me the satisfaction of admitting you were shitposting and not a mormon before you go

I'll suck your dick(no homo)
>>
>>68845859
We are happy and satisfied with our lives. I guess we just like to show and share that in all we do
>>
>>68845859
You're all good leaf-man.
Because we try really hard to be like Jesus?
Seriously, we try to practice what we preach.
>>68845899
You'll never know XDDD
>>
I've read The Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. What else do I need to read to convince me that Mormonism is all not just a steaming pile of horseshit? Because that is what is really seems to be. Mormons are not Christians based on the definition of Christianity that I was taught. But, I'm not judging based on this as I am not a Christian either as Christianity is also a steaming pile of horseshit.
>>
>>68832236
Mormons are far from christians if they didn't vote for trump, fucking liberal faggots. They'll all be nigger/spic hybrids in the next 150-200 years, so atleast there's that.
>>
>>68846011
I refuse to believe a religion can make anyone that happy, has to be some doctrine. Drilled right into your heads from the moment you come into the world.
>>
>>68846027
alright well do you want me to deepthroat your cock and swallow your cum anyway?

no homo obviously
>>
>>68837338
Holy shit, someone made a thread based on this comment and it took off in popularity.
>>
>>68846201
Well first off just assuming that it's all false isn't going to get you anywhere.
You need to give place for the word. I could read all the books until the cows come home, but you've gotta ask if its true and be willing to act on that answer after you've studied and thought about it.
>>68846266
Try it and you'll see. I can't convince you either way, it has to be you anon.
>>
>>68832236
are Mormons cool with banging their own daughter? are you?
>>
>>68846807
Whenever burgers try to shitpost, it never seems to work..
>>
>>68846616
Is there a quasi-intelligence apparatus that manages the mormon intrastate and international missions around the world? I have stumbled across so many suspicious massive organizations of different populations around innocuous collective activities that are rooted in mormonism that it seems like the church of LDS is running something like the Scientologists but on a grander scale.

That kony guy's family run some youth after-school band shit that has thousands of franchises around the country, and does not advertise its mormon owners whatsoever. Just to name one example.
>>
>>68847050
Yeah, turns out we're all like the upgraded version of da joos.
>>
>>68846902
>not wanting to bang your 10/10 daughter

you aren't doing it right aussie
>>
>>68847130
lol but srsly, how does the proselytizing mission of the mormon church work? Aren't there bureaucratic sub-divisions that are charged with organizing and facilitating the various missions? There must be.
>>
>>68847321
>t.alabama
>>68847323
Good question, the missionaries are divided into geographical locations known as missions. e.g. I live in the Melbourne Australia mission which covers the states of Victoria and Tasmania.
I served my mission in Japan, which is further divided up, Tokyo, Sendai, Kobe etc.
Each is headed by a Mission President who is usually a experienced leader and his wife who would also be very experienced and knowledgable.
After that the missionaries themselves do most of the leadership roles
>>
>>68845687
moroni will visits yu, bat onle if you post, "hale moroni master clever of angles" itt
>>
>>68846201
I read the books, asked myself if it was true, and reached the very rational conclusion that Smith pulled it all out of his ass.
>>
>>68846616
>Try it and you'll see.

That's another thing too, pushy and quick to suggest Mormonism.
>>
You're free to have your neutered Bible fanfiction religion, but fuck off with calling yourselves Christians. Your leader resembled a mudslime more than a Christian.
>>
>>68847535
But who selects the mission presidents, and are they largely self-funded or is there something like the vatican bank for mormons that provides a skeleton budget for all missions?

Is there a hierarchical or failing that an overarching managerial department that has a global perspective on the various missions and can provide a high-information influence to these various missions when necessary?

Or are missions like self-starters, like mcdonalds franchises?
>>
File: duhexenhase.png (264 KB, 400x368) Image search: [Google]
duhexenhase.png
264 KB, 400x368
>>68847557
I haven't a clue why you'd bother taunting the Discordian. There are no spelling errors in the Principia Discordia.
>>
>>68847535
dude seriously, if you have a 10/10 daughter and don't fuck her, you are gay. this is a fact
>>
>>68846902
That wasn't a shitpost, and that question was for op.
Also, I mistakenly thought op was from utah... yet I'm still curious to his answer since there is passages that condone incest and Mormons (some of them at least) believe in polygamous relationships.
>>
>>68847835
lit du os the wilt spal bay they whool if zhe lo
>>
>>68847723
But did you pray
>>68847747
Saying, hey you should check this out, I like it, it's pretty awesome, isn;t pushy anon.
But please, go look, investigate attend as many other churches as you can, I've done it myself. We encourage people to actively seek everywhere. Sorry if you've felt pressured in the past...
>>68847755
Say China, Hows the freedoms going?
But seriously, come now my friend, no need to be so aggressive. We're Christian. You don't know enough about us if you say what you say.
>>68847781
Self funded, the whole thing. It's selected mostly by God who gives impressions and feelings to the 12 Apostles who select mission presidents.
Missions for the average missionary are self funded. If you're too poor the church has ways of helping you out using money people have donated.
The missions themselves are overseen by an area President who'd cover a country or two, or part of a country and it just goes up the line.
Largly though they're autonomous, everyone is encouraged to seek revelation for what they need to do to help those under their responsibility
>>68848055
I have not heard of such passages condoning incest. It's kind of abhorrent which will get you kicked out faster than you can say "But she's 18!!"
>>
>>68848236
>It's selected mostly by God who gives impressions and feelings to the 12 Apostles who select mission presidents.
WTF does this mean? Who are the twelve apostles? You don't mean THE 12 apostles do you?
Do you have a link where I can read some about the heirarchy of the church in regards to the missions? I am p. curious.
>>
>>68848236
American expat. The Chinese don't even know or care about your existence. You're not Christian because your book's authenticity has been disproved, your leader was just a polygamous pedo, and your church's skeletons have accumulated so quickly that Catholicism looks as pure as the hands of Christ. Just because a conman made some clever fanfiction and succeeded in getting pussy from it doesn't make your fanfiction real.
>>
>>68848236
I meditated and reflected upon it. Does that count? I hope so, because I feel stupid praying to a delusional fantasy.
>>
>>68848468
Ok, good questions.
Basically you know how Jesus had 12 followers?We have the same organisation that He had.
They pray to God and receive direction on what they need to do via revelation.
https://www.lds.org/topics/church-organization?lang=eng
>>68848664
Yeesh, Salty.
But it hasn't been proven false :^)
Oh but the Chinese know. It's a rather fast growing church over there despite the fact that we're barred from proselyting.
Most of what you're spouting off about Jo-Jo is either false or out of context.
There asre some things however for which we don't have answers to, I won't deny that.
But again, look at the fruits of today that we produce, we build our communities, we do charity work and we try to be good people. It takes a bitter person to try and take that away from another
>>68848753
Gotta take that leap of faith anon. It's hard and it's hella awkward, I know.
You've done great though for reflecting on it and thinking about it. But the promise in the last book is true. You have to read it, and pray about it with real intent, asking God if it's true.
>>
>>68849064
Okay, who are the first presidency then? What are they in charge of in this whole scheme? And what are they supposed to represent in relation to jesus' OG organizational structure?
>>
>>68849064
You're already brainwashed. I can't save you, I'm just here to make sure you don't fool anyone else.

Your church here is so insignificant it might as well not exist. The Jews have more growth and the Chinese openly talk shit about the Jewish NWO.

I'm not bitter, I'm realistic. Not going to let innocent /pol/lacks be taken in by your lies.
>>
>>68849370
They're the Prophet and his two Councillers, the people that can stand in lieu of him if needed.
>>68849492
>Someone disagrees with me on matters of faith
>They're brainwashed!!!!
I'm curious, are you religious? Any sort of religion is better than none.
We can disagree, it's ok. I hope things are good for you over in China
>>
>>68849806
The prophet? Is there reincarnation in mormonism?
>>
>>68849987
No, no, similar to how God called Prophets in times of old, we have a prophet today to lead and guide.
>>
File: 1456648701086.jpg (12 KB, 163x123) Image search: [Google]
1456648701086.jpg
12 KB, 163x123
>>68849492
CHY
NA
>>
For a nice summary of the historical erros and issues with the Book of Mormon and the other text Smith claimed to translate see

http://cesletter.com/Letter-to-a-CES-Director.pdf

Its a good starting point showing outright plagiarism and other issues of authenticity
>>
>>68850089
Who selects the next prophet after the current one dies?
>>
>>68850344
Usually, it's the most senior, but God obviously at the end of the day decides.
>>68850287
I've read it
At the end of the day anon, it comes down to if God tells you this is right. So many of the arguments are out of context, coincidence, false or we might not have the answers even. Why tear down others when you can build?
Many have tried for nearly 200 years to tear that book down, but it still stands.
Why? Who knows. I found out at least.
>>
>>68850725
>Many have tried for nearly 200 years to tear that book down, but it still stands.
Not trying to hurt your feelings or anything, but it only "stands" with the brainwashed. The rest of us are laughing at you.
>>
>>68832236
Why is the Book of Mormon so unreadable? A Mormon friend of mine gave a copy and it's basically unreadable because of it's terrible prose, over-elaboration and repitition.

It's like Joseph Smith was trying to copy the style of the King James Version of the Bible, not surprising since it was the dominant Bible translation in early 19th century America. He just did a terrible job of it though and it produces an unreadable book that's as think as treacle and as dull as ditch-water.
>>
>>68850725
>So many of the arguments are out of context, coincidence, false or we might not have the answers even.

Smith plagiarizing and mistranslating the Book of Abraham and the Kinderhook plates are not just coincidences as are the significant archeological issues.

>Why tear down others when you can build?
This is building, just as you have to cut down a tree to furnish wood for your home or to clear weeds before you can can garden so to do you have to overcome the barriers that stand in the way of truth.

>Many have tried for nearly 200 years to tear that book down, but it still stands.

That was before the internet and text matching software, and also before some questionable types entered the clergy.

Look if you want to say that as long as Mormonism works for you it is true and that should it not it would be false I have no problem with that at all. My issue is with deceiving anons as though this isnt your foundational view and that is something that you only use to get people into Mormonism.

I find this particularity distasteful as it is this toxic ends justify the means rationale that lead to the Church modifying doctrine and suppressing works and discoveries out of pragmatism
>>
>>68851051
Why do you lot bandy that word around so much? You don't know my experiences, nor many of the people I know. To generalise them as 'brainwashed' would be making the argument of 'Are you kidding me?!?!?' Look intelligent.
If you haven't read it, and genuinely studied it, you don't have a leg to stand on lad.
>>68851062
Dude, it's pretty tough going sometimes, not gonna lie. Thing is, it wasn't written by Smith, for one. Guy could barely write his own name. The translation was for the people of the time, so it makes sense that it'd be in KJV style.
It's a record from a lot of people which had been compiled by mostly one guy, so it'd make sense that it'd be a little tough going or seemingly odd at times.
>>
>>68851062
See
>>68850287

There are actually spelling errors in the Book of Mormon unique to the edition used by Joseph Smith. likewise if you want a video that shows all the plagiarism and copy pasting in the book take a look at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GAGasQ7j_ZI
>>
>>68849806
I'm here in Mormon headquarters (Provo, Utah area) and am literally surrounded by Mormons (I moved here for work)
They're (the vast majority) great people, and I respect their lifestyle and values.
That being said, I'm degenerate mid 30s alcoholic, weed lmao, videogames pleb when I'm not in the office.
I feel something is missing, and at times as if I'm being drawn towards the LDS church, but the whole God/religion thing seems very unrealistic, although I am very open-minded to the whole afterlife theory based on events post my parents passing.
How do I know if this is for me? I'm a functional alcoholic, and will need detox to quit, not to mention I like weed so I don't want to show up to church (again) as an outsider, but I want to want to believe and see more so I know for sure.

Advice?
>>
File: lemormonbear.png (56 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
lemormonbear.png
56 KB, 853x543
>>68832236
Who else /utahmormon/ here?
>>
>>68851701
>>68851674
Advice plox
>>
>>68851367
You make some good points anon, I'll give you that.
But we're not working with trees here, good metaphor though. We're working with faith, which is individual and personal and must be nourished.
Archeolagy and Tinderhook plates?
Don't have an answer. What's the point of faith otherwise? It goes a few steps beyond what we're comfortable with. I know it's true, that's my foundation. That Jesus is the Christ and that the Book of Mormon is another witness of His divinity.
>>68851513
Again, you can find all the errors in the book, which I'm sure there are little errors that the original people who wrote it may have put in.
>>68851674
Go check it out. But check out a few churches, not just ours. If you do go to ours, talk to the missionaries and be upfront with them, meet with people, meet with the leaders there and really try and find how you're feeling.
>>
>>68851674
Don't.
Mormons put on a nice outer façade, but they're just like any other cult.
Also, 10% of all your money will go to the church, and they will look at your income with a magnifying lens.
>>
>>68851369
So, I can make up any sort of ridiculous shit I can possibly dream up and the burden of proof lies with you to disprove it? I've read your books. I've talked at great length about what I read with a dear friend who happens to be a Bishop in your church. My rational, analytical conclusion is that it is complete bullshit. It doesn't hurt me at all if you wish to believe such foolishness. But, you guys really need to quit knocking on my door. It is really, really fucking obnoxious.
>>
>>68851978
>Citation Needed.
Personal experience?
10% of your money which goes to nobody but building church buildings etc.
>Mormons put on a nice outer façade, but they're just like any other cult.
My goodness, a few of you seem obsessed with this idea of the LDS church being a cult. You most likely know very little I'm assuming.
>>
>>68851978
You don't have to give money, they will try to pressure you to do it, and you can't go into the Temple if you don't, but it's not like they're going to shake you down
>>
Whenever a Mormon claims that they know the church is true, do they base it solely off their feelings? Is there any physical proof that it's the one true church?
>>
>>68852119
I'll make sure to tell those random missionaries in your area trying to be good people and spread the word of God to stop right away.
You're not letting the word of God take place in your heart anon.
26 Now, as I said concerning faith—that it was not a perfect knowledge—even so it is with my words. Ye cannot know of their surety at first, unto perfection, any more than faith is a perfect knowledge.

27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties, even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise a particle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire to believe, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe in a manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.

28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, if ye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart, behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not cast it out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of the Lord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts; and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin to say within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a good seed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlarge my soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding, yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.
You're tripping yourself up with over-analysing it and not letting God speak to you.
>>
File: co-stan-za.jpg (3 KB, 125x100) Image search: [Google]
co-stan-za.jpg
3 KB, 125x100
>>68832236
Tell me about the planet Kolob.
... MFW.
>>
>>68851674
alcohol is actually very dangerous when it gets too much of it. If you drink everyday, what you need to do is step down slowly. Or you might get what we call dilla (delerium tremens), that can really fuck you up. Weed you can just quit if you want, but I would dearly hold on to that while taking care of the alkihol first

that jebus shit you just have to figure out your self lol
>>
>>68852352
It's great, we get to fly around with lasers and stuff and we get our own marshmallow plant.
Pretty sure you're jelly right now
>>
>>68852133
N-no cult here

https://youtu.be/qmk_CYjow0A
>>
>>68852472
Meant to say planet, but it turned out awesome.
>>68852498
>Cult: a system of religious veneration and devotion directed towards a particular figure or object.
Not sure what you're implying... Or even doing..
>>
>>68851786
>But we're not working with trees here, good metaphor though. We're working with faith, which is individual and personal and must be nourished.

Faith that should be directed towards the garden and not the weeds.

>Archeolagy and Tinderhook plates?

Archeology wise there are anachronisms regarding technology (which is something you will not find in the bible or the Koran) as well as there being no evidence for the massive events and populations described in the Book of Mormon outside of the Book of Mormon.

As for the Kinderhookpates someone made some plates and said he found them whilst farming and Smith translated them and said they were ancient relics from the BoM times. When you combine that with the book of abraham we suddenly find that everything that Smith translated when we can see the source text is false.

>What's the point of faith otherwise? It goes a few steps beyond what we're comfortable with. I know it's true, that's my foundation. That Jesus is the Christ and that the Book of Mormon is another witness of His divinity.

Ask yourself what a fabricated religion would look like then look at your own faith. A very helpful comparison for me was looking at the teachings and history of Scientology.

Look at the history of Joseph Smith and his recorded history in defrauding people in spiritual matters proir to his revelations. Look at the evoltuion of dogma and doctrine of the church.

>Again, you can find all the errors in the book, which I'm sure there are little errors that the original people who wrote it may have put in.

Find one anachronism in the bible or the Koran. Neither text has zero archeological evidence outside of itself either. Find a holy book that literally plagiarized other contemporary texts and passed them off as their own.
>>
File: sadalien.png (28 KB, 300x250) Image search: [Google]
sadalien.png
28 KB, 300x250
>>68852472
Any apologetics 101 theo class annihilates any of the mormon garbage. Making up your own axiomatic arguments to self support doesn't count.

Case was closed on mormonism and the culty ways a long time ago.... This whole thread is dildos, Kolob and Xenu.
>>
>>68852299
Anyone?
>>
>>68852133
>10% of your money which goes to nobody but building church buildings etc.

Nice deception here, was the 1.5 billion dollar mega mall a church building?
>>
>>68852498
oh shit they have the exportation of their youth as part of their induction rights?
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 406x523) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 406x523
>>68832236

>actual heretics on /pol/

It's like I'm in bizzaro world
>>
>>68852698
I know about the Kinderhook plates, again I honestly have no idea how or why things went down the way they did
>Find one anachronism in the bible or the Koran
I mean, you could say Giants, Noah's Ark, Animals talking, the whole God creating everything in 7 days. Would those count? Or am I getting the definition wrong. Either way, there are plenty of less than easy to beleive things in the Bible that don't make sense historically.
>>68852925
Physical Proof? None really anon, just the Book of Mormon. When they say it's true, they're basing it off an answer they've received from God through prayer.
>>68852961
>Nice deception here, was the 1.5 billion dollar mega mall a church building?
A simple Google search solved that one.
>No tithing funds are invested in the City Creek project
>https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwimkYSl4N3LAhWGJqYKHXDDAYwQFggbMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.fairmormon.org%2FMormonism_and_church_integrity%2FCity_Creek_Center_Mall_in_Salt_Lake_City&usg=AFQjCNHNZ5DBbpBrnPjF-47iGpgO1Vfudw&bvm=bv.117868183,d.dGY
>>68853072
Welcome to the house of fun Bong.
But seriously. Are you religious? Do you attend church? If not, why complain?
>>
>>68852585
Lol, so you're picking a broad definition (not the anthropological basic definition involving rituals, Masonic ones in this case) that fits any religion while still maintaining that you're not a cult. Which one is it? I can't believe I used to be a Utah Peter priesthood.
>>
>>68853161

I'm Catholic, /pol/ is a Christian board. Mormons deny the trinity, and lessen the divinity of Christ.

Mormons are heretics.
>>
>>68853344
Yeah I noticed in that video, aren't they doing the luciferian pose there?
>>
>>68853344
Ahh, of course you're an ex-mo, the saltiest of them all.
>the anthropological basic definition involving rituals
Tell me which Church/religion doesn't have rituals, rites, ceremonies??
>These things look strange and scary, so it must be cult-like.
C'mon mate, you can do better.
>>68853351
Please read my original post picture.
>>
>>68853568

Why? You can't argue you're not heretical, because you are.

A few of the essentials of Christian doctrine were:
>The Trinity: there is one God, but God is a Trinity of three distinct co-eternal Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit;

>The Two Natures of Jesus Christ, both human and divine and the fact that He is one divine person

>That Jesus Christ is God incarnate, the Second Person of the Blessed Trinity who is co-eternal with the Father and the Holy Spirit;

>The revelation of Christ as preached by the Apostles is the final public revelation (which ended with the death of the last apostle) and there will be no further public revelation before the final coming of Jesus Christ (CCC 66, 73; and 5) and baptism for the remission of sins in the Name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.

Mormon theology denials of all of the above. God is not a Trinity but an elevated, deified man who occupies a physical body. God was once a man like us and is now one god among many who go back to eternity past. He has a wife and procreates spirit children. Jesus was not God in the flesh but a creature, actually the son of a physical Father God and a Heavenly physical mother. Each Mormon man believes he too can become a god and have his own universe. They deny that the God whom we refer to as our “Heavenly Father” is eternal or infinite; rather, he physical and can only be in one place at a time.
Mormons believe in the Great Apostasy — the unsubstantiated belief that early Christians apostatized, fell away from and abandoned the true faith — and that true Christianity was lost for 1700 years until it was recovered in 1820 by Joseph Smith. This new revelation was written down and Mormons now accept four books as the word of God. The Bible is one of the four and the only one they consider to have corruptions and is accepted with qualifications.
>>
>>68852968
If it were only that, it wouldn't be a huge secret right lol 'I-it's not secret, it's sacred!' Btw there's another video that shows the secret handshakes more clearer and you receiving your fake name to get into heaven. Bonus: the video in which Brigham young's fundamentally unchristian Adam-god theory is also shown.
>>
>>68832236
Mormons used to believe that black people bore the Curse of Caine and were prohibited from entering the church leadership.

Why did that belief change. Did Mormon scripture change, or do Mormons believe that the American government holds greater authority than scripture?

Will Mormons be good serfs and become pozzed faggots if the government tells them to?
>>
>>68853755
You have very succinctly summed up some of our beliefs, while making only a few mistakes. Nice work.
See, it boils down to the Nicene Creed, they decided on that and then said, yup that's it lads, heavens are closed.
If that was the case, why did so many of the doctrines of your church continue to change? Was this authorised by God? If so, doesn't this count as revelation?
>>68853963
Actually Black people originally got the Priesthood for a while before that practise was stopped. It was accepted that is was for thsi 'Mark of Cain' but this as since been shown to not be doctrinal. We may never know why the policies changed. God only knows. and maybe the prophet.
>>
I don;t want to have arguments with people. I like it when people have genuine questions. Event he difficult ones like many have asked, but accusing others of heresy and the like seems rather unchristian don't you think?
>>
>>68853161
>I mean, you could say Giants, Noah's Ark, Animals talking, the whole God creating everything in 7 days. Would those count? Or am I getting the definition wrong. Either way, there are plenty of less than easy to beleive things in the Bible that don't make sense historically.

No I asked your for anachronisms

>something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time:

These are not miracles, Noahs ark didnt have steam engine for instance.

>A simple Google search solved that one.

Investing in tithing money into various Church owned subsidiaries and having them spend the money doesn't mean that tithing money isnt spent on these projects just because the Church didnt directly spend it.
>>
>>68853568
Of course I'm salty, I was lied to my whole life. The internet will be the undoing of Mormonism though, most apologetics sites are already buckling from all the falsehoods. I see the typical MTC techniques here 'if you can't answer them, just bear your testimony'

What a cuck.
>>
>>68854320
So you're not from Utah, do you eventually go to utah like moslem pilgrimage or what? Seems weird to be mormon and not from Utah, its almost a religious state.

Also, what is your view on the catholic church's missions as they operate in overlapping areas to mormon missions?
>>
>>68854420
You know, I'm sure with every new thing that came out people were sure that Mormonism was done. Still here though, will still be trying to live a good life. Stop being salty and move on. You weren't lied to.
>>68854520
Anyone trying to spread the word of God is good in my eyes, great even. At work I had a lovely chat with a couple of nuns (I work at a bank over the phones) and we had a nice time.
>>68854364
A little specific aren't we?
Are we getting back to the whole muh horses in north america thing? I don't know of any off the top of my head. We could sit here together and nitpick at all the little things and you'd most likely be right about a lot of them, I never claimed that it all made sense, not for a second, there are things that challenge my faith and make me question, no denying that. I try to look for what God would have me do though. I strongly feel that this is where I need to be.
>Investing in tithing money into various Church owned subsidiaries and having them spend the money
Proofs?
>>
>>68854191
the book of Mormon does state that black skin is a curse for sins.

the book of Abraham states that the Pharaohs were ineligible for gods priesthood because they were black

Nephi states that White skin is delightful and a mark of the righteous.

Why do you bear false witness to the teachings of the prophet? Are you a filthy descendant of Caine?
>>
>>68855110
>mormon gospel literally propogates WE WUZ KANGZ

Okay i'm convinced, mormons are cancer.
>>
>>68854191

Ok, let's try something more simple

>Do you deny the Trinity is eternal and absolute

Yes or no

>Do you believe that all men can become as God?

Yes or no

>Do you believe Christ is God incarnate

Yes or no

Don't ramble on your response, just answer those two questions and then we can move onto my point about all Mormons being heretics.
>>
>>68855110
>>68855202
That's an interesting one you bring up,
>the book of Mormon does state that black skin is a curse for sins.
Never heard of this one. We certainly weren't Kangz.
The curse was actually being removed from God, the skin was just a mark of such.
>>68855232
Did you need a tampon, my friend? Ya seem a little grumpy and moody.
I do not believe in the trinity.
If we're all God's children, why not?
I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Not God the Father.
If you're a practising Catholic, please feel free to further drive up barriers and walls between us when unity is what's needed in our day and age. If you're not a practising Catholic, go to church.
>>
>>68855232
I'll answer for you

Mormons do believe in the trinity. As in God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit being separate entities. Spoiler alert: Jesus is literally also Lucifer's (or Satan, one in the same) brother

Yes, Mormons do believe this. They often cite a scripture in Judges that says 'Ye are Gods;.

lolno
>>
>>68855042
>A little specific aren't we?
No i was just asking you to provide an example of an anachronism which you chose not to do.

There is steel and chariots for instance which only exist in the Book of Mormon and nowhere else.

>We could sit here together and nitpick at all the little things and you'd most likely be right about a lot of them, I never claimed that it all made sense, not for a second, there are things that challenge my faith and make me question, no denying that. I try to look for what God would have me do though. I strongly feel that this is where I need to be.

Im not asking you to defend the Book of Mormon with this question, what I am asking you to do is demonstrate these kind of errors in the Bible or the Koran. Why is it that the Book of Mormon has serious anachronisms yet other holy books do not?
>>
>>68855704
>Im not asking you to defend the Book of Mormon with this question
Fair enough, still feels a little on the attacking side.
Us Mormons are a little sensitive to that, being persecuted and all.
Bible Anachronisms (Google helped.)
Jericho Was In Ruins before Joshua Allegedly Concurred It.
Genesis Proven to be written after the time of Moses, the alleged author.
Camels are referenced before they were domesticated.
I think a lot of historical texts contain anachronisms.
>>
>>68855565
The Lamanites sinned against God, and “because of their iniquity. …the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them” (2 Nephi 5:21). Later, when Lamanites became Christians, “their curse was taken from them, and their skin became white like unto the Nephites” (3 Nephi 2:15).

If god removed the curse, then why are black people still black?
>>
>>68855042
>Proofs?
Actually i was hoping you would be able to help here as its rather hard for non mormons to get the actual spreadsheets and figures on it. What I base this off is that they have used tithing money in the past to prop up their for profit industries and the group who developed the mall are owned and manage exisitng Mormon investments and property.

I would certianly admit fault here if that kind of evidence could be provided
>>
>>68855565
>>68855672

There it is, Mormonism is just bible fanfiction.

Please feel free to disregard everything they say.

PS: While you are unrelenting heretics, I do envy the sense of community and family you guys have. Shame you're going to hell.
>>
>>68856005
Because again, the curse was to be removed from God, not the skin thing.
And who said the process happened instantly?
>>68856023
I appreciate your decency in our discussion. Good to know there's people like you out there who can disagree and not be morons.
I've done a little digging myself previously, and what I found is that the church does have investments, which may be used from tithing money? Not sure. I do know that the tithing money isn't used to pay any of the clergy so to speak. I mean, there's no way it's gotten into the financial position it has just by tithing alone, there's been some shrewd investing and smart saving
>>68856175
Because the God of Mercy, the God of Love, the Saviour of Mankind is going to send people to Hell even if they lived in 200AD in Japan with no chance of hearing of Christ. This same God will also damn me to eternal torment simply because I have felt to worship Him in a different sect.
Because that makes perfect sense.
>>
>>68856303
why did Mormons alter the book of Mormon in 1981?

did the prophet make a mistake?

do black Mormons turn white if they pray hard enough? will god forgive them for being niggers?
>>
>>68856303

Yup. Hell is just the absence of God. Spend your life wanking over how you can be God if you never drink coffee is not following the path of Christ, the path God himself laid down for us.

If you complain about that you are complaining that actions have consequences, which basically makes you a leftist faggot.
>>
>>68856509
Alter? They fixed some things. They also added some handy footnotes. Lifesavers they are.
>>68856558
>Hell is just the absence of God
You know, I find myself agreeing in a way.
But tell me. Really. How can you honestly say that old Tanaka-san, who lived a good clean and moral life who had no way in the world of hearing of Christ and His life giving words, how is it that just because he was born in 200AD far far away from Christ and His words that he'll be damned, separated from God for all eternity?
I have no intention of degrading your beliefs friend, but you've tried to label us as heretics without any base whatsoever.
Please. Answer my question. Where's Tanaka-sans soul?
>>
File: 22_LR.jpg (20 KB, 380x220) Image search: [Google]
22_LR.jpg
20 KB, 380x220
>>68832236
I hear you guys are opening an ammunition plant near SLC soon. Are you guys getting shipped all the .22lr they've been hoarding?
What's going to happen to the 6 warehouses full of .22lr?
>>
>>68856855
I.. I'm not sure anon.. First I've heard of this.
Sounds like fun though
>>
>>68856002
>Jericho Was In Ruins before Joshua Allegedly Concurred It.

That's not really an anarchonism as much as an exaggeration in the same way that one can let slide the huge number of peoples invovled in battles in the BoM. Jericho still existied and was conquered even if the battle wasnt as epic as portrayed.

>Genesis Proven to be written after the time of Moses, the alleged author.

How so though? Where in them does Moses alude to things he could not have known about technologically?

>Camels are referenced before they were domesticated.

Based soley on looking at some cammel bones found in a mine in Israel rather than the region as a whole.

>I think a lot of historical texts contain anachronisms.

Not of technology they dont.
>>
>>68856818
the word of the prophet needed fixing?

did they consult the golden plates to make sure they got it right?
>>
>>68856818

Its virtually impossible to be moral without God.

If he is, good for him. He can bro out with Arostotle in purgatory.

Heaven is for Christians. Not that you would know anyhing about that, you filthy heretic.
>>
>>68856929
The company that makes CCI stuff moved their headquarters to SLC during a corporate split. They've been hoarding their own ammo since the shamdy hook shooting and shelves have been bare for most of us. I just thought maybe you knew about it, like maybe the LDS was taking over ammunition production in the country or something. No biggie, just forget about it.
>>
>>68832236
>produce evidence of native am...er I mean ancient Jews living in North America.
>evidence of these giant wars they had and the steel weapons, horses, armor, etc. They used in said battles.
>evidence horses, barley, etc. Existed in North America before Europeans brought them.
>why Brigham Young said that his teachings would never change and then they change later.
Also explain why Mormons are muslim cock suckers all of a sudden? Fuck you.
>>
Where are all the swords and arrows and shields from all the supposed wars that happened on US soil in the book of Mormon? Not one attract to back up all the claims formed in this false book. Science has already proved the bible to be true..
>>
Revelation 22:18 I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that ... - Bible
>>
>>68835318
>going to the real source
Yeah some vague essays by leaders of the church. You're so full of shit; your religion contradicts the fuck out of itself.
>book of Mormon says one man and one wife
>hur God told me in a vision to take multiple wives.
You talk about nigger this and nigger that then years later change it with "Young was just not right". Opps our leaders for a number of years were wrong about things but they were absolute and lead by God at the same time.
Make up your fucking mind you cuck.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.