[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anthropology Teacher hates Trump, how should I answer to her
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41
File: yerawhitewhale.png (29 KB, 1304x582) Image search: [Google]
yerawhitewhale.png
29 KB, 1304x582
Anthropology Teacher hates Trump, how should I answer to her weekly discussion question /pol/? Here's the article she linked us http://www.thenation.com/article/trumps-racism-didnt-scare-me-now-it-does/
>>
Bump any trumps here>
>>
File: back to tumblr.png (317 KB, 546x700) Image search: [Google]
back to tumblr.png
317 KB, 546x700
>>68817514
Tell her postmodernism is shit and she's shit for holding that kind of bullshit epistemology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YfRgvfruhPo
>>
There should be no change to the first amendment. This is simply because hate speech against a certain race is simply a myth, as we all know race does not exist.

It says the social system in America quite enjoys dank memes. The underlying beliefs of some Americans are again, quite simple; they are not cucks, nigger sympathizers, Islam sympathizers nor are they communist.
>>
Nothing Trump has said constitutes hate speech.
Fucking retards
>>
Anthropology is one of the most blue pilled major almost sociology tier.
>>
>>68817514
1. Hate speech laws restrict free speech. Unrestricted free speech is a core facet of American life.

2. Trump's support says virtually nothing about the social system in America. At best it says people are frustrated with a government that has been failing them and breaking promises.
>>
Dear teacher
I think trump I'd a bratty cool guy. It says America isn't afraid PC CULTURE and also is MORe good in without SOCIALSTS. GOD Bless trump
Amen
>>
Tell her no based on the premise that once you have 'hate speech' you are at the mercy of the state to decide what is 'hate' and you're effectively in a tyranny at that second.

His acceptance shows that Americans are furious with not being represented. Neither of the two large parties serves the people's interests.
>>
"Quite frankly I am disgusted that a teacher would use her position to push her political ideology on to her students." And then just btfo her with facts.
>>
>>68817514
>Anthropology Teacher

codeword for coal burner
>>
>>68817514
Drop the class after responding to the fact that she is in a teaching position and instead of doing her job she forces who world views upon the youth. If she is a true teacher she should be able to let her students make an educated decision without her personal bias
>>
>>68817514
WHAT THE FUCK DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANTHROPOLOGY?

Seriously, what the shit?
>>
>>68817514
Tell her its not your concerning seeing as neither of you is from the USA
>>
>>68817514
Why is a Canadian teacher discussing US politics and using Trump as an excuse to instigate anti-hate speech rhetoric to college students?
>>
>>68818741
P.S. I don't support Trump, but your teacher is dumb as hell.
>>
>>68817514

1. In order for free speech to work, no speech can be restricted, unless the speech is creates a clear and present danger. No "hate speech" causes clear and present danger, unless they are specific threats or calls to violence. From a philosophical standpoint, you would have to first create an objective definition for "hate speech" - I believe you would be surprised how difficult you'll find it to define without also describing some leftist rhetoric as "hate speech."

2. It mainly seems to say that Americans agree with his policies, or at least like his policies more than the other candidates. It seems they would prefer stronger border protections and emphasis on American self-sufficiency reduction of government power over other, more conservative Republican candidates, the establishment darling Hillary Clinton, or the wealth distribution policies of Bernie Sanders.
>>
>>68817514
biological anthropology or drop the class and never look back
>>
>>68817514

What the fuck? Why are they throwing politics down your throat.

I'd fucking quit that shit.

Thank fuck I'm studying engineering.
>>
>>68818669
Its a general elective I picked. It's amazing how some of my classmates have acted, many of them are for hate speech laws and she also made us watch jon oliver's video on the wall.
>>
Tell her that you're a massive fucking faggot who posts his homework on a place that hates everything progressive and loves Trump, on a website founded on Iranian changing cave paintings and populated by a bunch of fat sweaty disgusting pedophile neckbeards.

Then proceed to tell her that neither she, nor you have ANY effect on the US election, and that she should stop wasting you're hard earned shekels talking about it in class.

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER

trump 2016
>>
>>68819281
I can only speak from my own experiences, but when I was in university here most assignments included defending liberal politics. You gotta play their game if you want the degree.
>>
Topic 1: say that the trump campaign pretty much proves silencing tactics like hate speech laws aren't going to change attitudes
or
topic 2: say underprivileged whites are Trump's biggest demographic and say the reason he's gained so much popularity is that these groups have been sidelined by the people who are supposed to represent them (read: democrats). Compare to other populist nationalist parties in Europe EG UKIP, AfD, PiS, SD, etc etc gaining in popularity
>>
>>68818945
>is
European education everyone
>>
How can free speech be real if our eyes aren't real?
>>
>>68817514
>Donald Trump does not use racist rhetoric. His rhetoric is anti-illegals, anti-crime and pro-safety. Mexican illegals aren't a race, Muslims aren't a race.

>Free speech is necessary for honest discussion. If speech itself is restricted, then it becomes hard to articulate certain ideas. Ideas which might have some merit to them and should be considered despite their harsh nature.

>I'm not sure what you are asking here. What exactly are his beliefs? What do you mean by "social system"? In any scientific discussion, we have to define our terms properly, otherwise misunderstanding are inevitable.
>>
>>68818942
Not much its just a weekly discussion question we do, trump was this weeks topic chosen by the students.
>>
Wow, I graduated in 2013 and even though I got a science degree I am kind of surprised I completely avoided this shit.
>>
File: 1431036324740.jpg (56 KB, 683x600) Image search: [Google]
1431036324740.jpg
56 KB, 683x600
>>68817514
Literally just copy and paste it's 2016 over and over again and you'll get an A.

Holy shit, can someone tell me what the FUCK happened to the college system?
>>
>>68817514
1) I signed up for an Anthropology class, not a liberal guilt class. This question has nothing to do with Anthropology.

2)I signed up for an Anthropology class, not a liberal guilt class. This question has nothing to do with Anthropology.

This is how you answer.
>>
>>68819953
>Holy shit, can someone tell me what the FUCK happened to the college system?

critical theory
>>
>>68819070
Why don't you support Trump?
>>
For part 1 just post John Stuart Mill's On Liberty.

"First, if any opinion is compelled to silence, that opinion may, for aught we can certainly know, be true. To deny this is to assume our own infallibility. Secondly, though the silenced opinion be an error, it may, and very commonly does, contain a portion of truth; and since the general or prevailing opinion on any subject is rarely or never the whole truth, it is only by the collision of adverse opinions that the remainder of the truth has any chance of being supplied. Thirdly, even if the received opinion be not only true, but the whole truth; unless it is suffered to be, and actually is, vigorously and earnestly contested, it will, by most of those who receive it, be held in the manner of a prejudice, with little comprehension or feeling of its rational grounds. And not only this, but, fourthly, the meaning of the doctrine itself will be in danger of being lost, or enfeebled, and deprived of its vital effect on the character and conduct: the dogma becoming a mere formal profession, inefficacious for good, but cumbering the ground, and preventing the growth of any real and heartfelt conviction, from reason or personal experience."
>>
>>68819853
I am in a commerce degree program right now and this is a gen elective I choose, but I guess these classes are all pretty liberal compared to my other classes I've been in.
>>
File: 9780226145938.jpg (68 KB, 828x1280) Image search: [Google]
9780226145938.jpg
68 KB, 828x1280
>>68817514
"The unhappy reality is that some people are always going to gross and vicious things to hurt other people. If they don't destroy property or do violence, ignore them or criticize them. But do not set up an authority to punish them. Any guidelines elaborate enough to distinguish vicious opinions from unpopular ones will be too elaborate to work. In practice, the distinction will be between the opinions which the political authorities find congenial and those which they find inconvenient." - Jonathan Rauch, Kindly Inquisitors, pp. 137

Do your anthropology teacher a favor and point her to this book.
>>
>>68817514
Hooooly shit this looks like fun you really lucked out OP
Give em hell kid.
>>
>>68818813
This. For the facts, just state that Trump did not state all Mexican's are criminals, but there are some who are, and that's who he wants out of the country. Also, tell her that Obama temporarily stopped taking in Iraqi refugees in 2011 to strengthen security proceedings, and that Trump only wants to do the same thing Obama did, and to call Trump racist/xenophobic for temporarily banning muslim migration but not calling Obama racist/xenophobic is hypocritical and the exact reason why Trump has so many followers, because they're all upset of the hypocrisy of the left.
>>
>>68820059
Oh, this is college? Holy shit.
>>
>>68817514
Maybe you should organize with some students and talk to the dean about that professor replacing curriculum with political debate
>>
>>68817514
We're not doing your homework for you.
>>
>>68817514

Might as well copy and paste this: >>68818741

Anything more obvious and you'll get a failing grade/a visit from the cops.
>>
>>68820265
>>68820244
yes you should
>>
>>68817514
Answer that Trump is the worst thing ever and that America is racist as fuck. There's no upside to getting on your teacher's shit list, even if she is a retard.
>>
>>68817514
"I thought I was paying money and spending time in this class to learn things, not make you feel better about your political biases. For that, you need to pay me money."
>>
File: Bosstiat.jpg (158 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Bosstiat.jpg
158 KB, 800x600
The first one should be easy if you've thought about this for any time. Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyoOfRog1EM

And paraphrase the salient points. To wit:
>Who is it that will determine what speech may or may not be uttered, what books may or may not be read, what thoughts may or may not be thought?

As for the second, it's a bit more complicated. Firstly I would make the distinction between society and the 'social system' (pic related.) Too often it is assumed that for any woe that might befall someone there should be an appropriate governmental response. To better answer this question you should define what you mean by 'social system'. If things like welfare and whatever are what she means (it is a she, isn't it?) I would question what relevance at all it has with the Trump campaign. The role of the President has much more to do with things other than that, like national security, like simply enforcing the laws of the land (which you and she would have learned in Civics class if you had ever taken it.)

To be real though, you already know what you should say. The first is a gimme, there is no right or wrong answer (unless the teach is a cretin) as long as you outline your reasoning for your opinion. The second is where she's looking to separate the wheat from the chaff and discover the students who agree with her (to get an A) and the students who don't (to get a B, C, or D depending on how well argued your points are.) To ensure an A, cite trump's racism and xenophobia and whatever and how there must have been a resurgence of blah blah blah, just google shaun king or ezra klein and paraphrase
>>
>>68818741
This.
>>
>>68817514
loaded questions with opinions injected instead of objective truths. I suggest reporting her to the dean as she's making her pupils dumber.
>>
I am looking at some of my other classmates responses and they all pretty much agree to putting more laws in place regarding freedom of speech.
>>
>>68817514
Tell her there needs to be a violent opposition to Trump. Only his death will cure America.
>>
>>68817514
Answer with actual facts, but call her out on being unprofessional by imposing her own ideas onto students rather than letting you get your own
>>
>>68820486
freedom of speech exists to protect controversial speech, because if it didn't invoke negative feelings from anyone it wouldn't need protecting. it's the only reason the law exists.
>>
File: Campalquoteecole.jpg (832 KB, 3152x1332) Image search: [Google]
Campalquoteecole.jpg
832 KB, 3152x1332
>>68818840
Anthropology and sociology are useless majors. Hell, pretty much everything in the humanities is shit.
>>
There is no such thing as "hate speech" only speech you agree with and speech you don't agree with. The protections defined in the bill of rights only reaffirm our god given rights, the 1st amendment itself does not give us "free speech" but firmly states something the government is not to restrict, while the 9th says there are many other rights we hold as human beings not listed.

Just because something said is offensive does not make it wrong.

So I must ask, if we ignore free speech and conclude that hate speech is real then who decides what qualifies as hate speech, how do they come to their determination? In some countries speaking in support of homosexuality is considered hateful to their governing religion, does that make the speech wrong? In other countries speaking out against the political leadership is thought hateful, even if the leadership controls the Peoples Republic of North Korea. In reality all speech is objective and worthy of protection. Just because you don't agree with whats being said doesn't mean whats being said should be silenced by law and with the threat of imprisonment.

You fight speech you don't agree with with speech of your own, this is how civil societies operate. Sometimes discourse can get heated but when it escalates to violence the fault is on those who get physical instead of talking it out or simply walking away.

Of course the hate-speech advocate will bring up "fire in a crowded theatre" as justification for censoring speech. What they fail to realize is the history behind that case, that is was wrongly applied to censor anti-war speech and later repealed by the supreme court for being wrong/unconstitutional.
>>
>>68818889
>Thread
>>
>>68817514
Why do people think hate speech laws will do anything? Won't they just make hate grow? I know I would be pissed off if people took my right to vocalize the thoughts in my head through my mouth in the form of speech away.
>>
>>68820054
He's got some good ideas but they come packaged with the usual stupid side of conservative policies I don't like and he's a shit politician so we can expect him to stir up trouble with other countries.

I might still vote for him though because I want to see the chaos that could follow.
>>
the first amendment protects all forms of speech, including hate speech, you cannot limit it in any shape or form, either deal with it or kill yourself
>>
>>68820486
Tell them this is the result of white male privilege. Free Speech by white males should be ended. Violations should include jail time.
>>
>>68820798
Anthropology didn't used to be this shit.
>>
>>68817514
Tell her that if hate speech laws were changed she wouldn't be free to hold classes full of hate speech about american political candidates anymore, therefore you think changing the hate speech laws is a great idea.
>>
File: spurdo.jpg (79 KB, 780x497) Image search: [Google]
spurdo.jpg
79 KB, 780x497
you can answer both questions with pic related
>>
Will OP deliver a submitted paper?
>>
>>68817514
>should the US have clearer hate speech laws
PLEASE TELL YOUR FUCKING """""PROFESSOR""""" THAT THE USA HAS ABSOLUTELY ZERO FORMS OF HATE SPEECH LAWS, HATE SPEECH IS PROTECTED SPEECH
>>
Not wanting ones country overrun by literally tens of millions of lawbreakers from an an almost failed and lawless state is not "racism" and Islam is not a "race".
>>
>>68819281
I went to school in Santa Cruz.

To finish my degree in Math, I had to take a class in Jewish Literature.
>>
>>68820268
There's better ones in the thread. Trim out the snarky comments and all together we make a coherent thought or two.
>>
File: 1457848627293.gif (2 MB, 750x750) Image search: [Google]
1457848627293.gif
2 MB, 750x750
>>68818669
>tfw being forced to take sociology 101 for my major

I just want to blow my brains out in that class, couple weeks ago my professor was talking about muh white slavers and muh african colonization.
>>
>>68817514
Holy shit that second question is leading as fuck.
>>
>>68821179
How's Santa Cruz?
I'm going there next year for CompSci
>>
>>68817514
report this to the university
>>
File: glasgow2-uvnoq7.jpg (186 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
glasgow2-uvnoq7.jpg
186 KB, 1024x768
It's easy to spot the fuckers on here that went to shit unis.

Any college/university worth its salt is SUPPOSED to ask you provocative questions and make you defend difficult positions. There was a dude on here last week talking about how he studied history at Glasgow University and they had a discussion defending fucking Adolf Eichmann. That's supposed to be how education works. It's only a problem if you were be marked down for taking the 'wrong' stance which is only something you'll encounter at a shit school; going crying to the dean about it is no better than those fucking crybabies crying about safe spaces.
>>
File: 123.png (66 KB, 605x934) Image search: [Google]
123.png
66 KB, 605x934
>tfw majoring in economics

All the teachers are pretty much centrist or centre-right. You'd think that there would be a shit load of politics being discussed in class, but there aren't, especially in the mathematically inclined courses. It's in the electives that I have to take where politics are brought into discussions that shouldn't even occur. I took a philosophy of law course and on the first day of class the teacher talks about how she hates Stephen Harper. In a humanities course the teacher randomly starts talking about how IQ is a pseudoscience when we are supposed to be talking about the Renaissance. In a poli-sci course about economic societies the lecturer I had was based and neutral, but the TA was constantly shitting on Adam Smith and talking about how she loved Marx's critique of capitalism and how Keynes was right about everything. And yet in my Economics courses all the teachers tend to shy away from politics and remain neutral.
>>
>>68821327
>It's only a problem if you were be marked down for taking the 'wrong' stance
That's the fucking problem, that's most fucking colleges, it's goddamn cancerous.
>>
>>68817514
State the points ITT (obvi take them with a grain of salt, remember where you are, and don't go full retard), then turn the question around on her.

Ask her something along the lines of:
Why is she (if in fact she isn't) not ridiculing candidates on other side.
>>
>>68817514
The first question implicates that racist rhetoric needs to be restricted. Racist rhetoric, much like any other inflammatory speech, discomforts the listener. However, the duty of protecting people from discomfort belongs to the people experiencing that discomfort, not the government. To allow the government to "protect" its citizens from discomfort allows the government to decide what causes discomfort, and by extension decide what counts as inflammatory speech. By allowing to the government to decide what offends people, we open ourselves up to possible abuse of power limiting in our speech to what the government deems acceptable. For this reason alone, the government should not have clearer hate speech laws, as it sets a precedent that the government determines acceptable speech.

Donald Trump's support indicates a dissatisfaction with contemporary American politics and a rising feeling of American nationalism. While their methods of seeking to "make America great again" seem misguided to some, Trump supporters and all other supporters of different political candidates and ideologies all take part in the same search. In other words, even though all Americans see differently, they all share the goal of improving America. Trump's success depends on him tapping into this implicit nationalism, the very which defines the social system as a whole.
>>
>>68821320
The only correct answer tee bee ach

>>68821327
Yeah but this isn't encouraging that kind of thought. This teacher is forcing her/her superior's political beliefs on the students.

Also this weeds out any evil conservatives. The speak out against you, you get them kicked out/arrested, they don't get nice degree and proceed to become irrelevant in society. Critical Theory.
>>
What did you answer with OP?
>>
>>68821286
You'll be fine as long as you don't talk to anybody. Everybody there is completely pozzed.

The campus is beautiful enough to make up for the people you'll have to deal with, though. Also, the compsci department is pretty solid.
>>
File: 1457657574008.png (882 KB, 1403x1022) Image search: [Google]
1457657574008.png
882 KB, 1403x1022
>>68817514
Fucking Canada. Stop talking about America as if you know anything.
>>
>>68821579
That's what I was thinking.
How's the demographics, lots of blacks / mexicans? Or still white / asian?
>>
File: 1457660039151.jpg (64 KB, 609x763) Image search: [Google]
1457660039151.jpg
64 KB, 609x763
Also, there's no such thing as hate speech. Free speech or no speech.
>>
>>68821645
goddamn, this
I fucking hate Canadians
>we have free speech too :)
>get arrested for calling someone a nigger
>>
Just answer the question the way she wants you to answer it and then wait until the college bubble finally pops and you can go stomp on the cardboard box that will be her new home.
>>
File: dbstbfgh.jpg (40 KB, 373x375) Image search: [Google]
dbstbfgh.jpg
40 KB, 373x375
>>68821364
I was talking to the chair of my program the other day (Comp Sci), he has a PhD in Electrical Engineering and mostly does research in Robotics.

He was telling me some of his views - he's actually very right-wing which shocked me. I though that like 99% of academia was extreme liberals.
He's a:
>Climate-change skeptic
>Hopes Trump wins the presidency
>Seems generally red-pilled (Ex. said to a room of 300 students that he though advertising the program to women would be a complete waste of money)
It's starting to make me wonder if he posts on /pol/
>>
>>68821364

Eco's great, but it's not great for finding a job. Really load up on the math and you might have a shot, bud. The field should be way more important than people treat it, but normies are fucking oblivious.

t. 26 year old eco grad who's back in school for accounting after 4 years of fucking bullshit trying to find a job
>>
>>68821531
>This teacher is forcing her/her superior's political beliefs on the students.

Not necessarily. If OP feels strongly enough and has the tools at his disposal to argue his case, he should call her on it. Disagree. And if she obviously marks him down for it THEN complain.

And by complain, I also mean "tweet Trump about it".

I don't' know what the American system is like but most good unis here live on that kind of cut-and-thrust shit. Yeah, your argument might get torn apart at the next tutorial but that's part of the learning experience.
>>
>>68820813
>What they fail to realize is the history behind that case, that is was wrongly applied to censor anti-war speech and later repealed by the supreme court for being wrong/unconstitutional.
Provide source senpai.
>>
File: revamp.png (15 KB, 1162x93) Image search: [Google]
revamp.png
15 KB, 1162x93
>>
>>68821741
Mostly white/asian. But when I was there, there was a movement to let in illegals for free. Maybe there will be more mexicans now.
>>
>>68821870
Wow right wing people shock you in real life? It's almost like you never leave your house! Maybe you should get off this board for a while because everything that gets posted here will give you an over-exaggerated view of the world
>>
>>68821943
>America should definitely revamp it's first amendment
fucking kill yourself you piece of shit leaf, I hope when we fucking annex you, you fucking get blown the fuck up you goddamn communist scum
>>
>>68817514
Just regurgitate the shit she has been saying OP. Get your good grade and move on. It's just another dumbass college quack, don't martyr yourself for this literally who marxist.
>>
>>68821943
What part of the constitution needs to be changed to disallow drones around airports?
>>
File: 1451613213523.jpg (270 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
1451613213523.jpg
270 KB, 750x500
>>68821943
>>
>>68821327
Can vouch for this. History major/future burger flipper here at Glasgow. The department is very redpilled in comparison to other faculties in Britain. The faces some of my tutors have made when students express SJW views are fucking brilliant.
>>
>>68821327
I got plenty of provocative questions at university, but none of them presupposed a provocative premise like these questions do.
>>
>>68822085
Not me, just one of my classmates response. I personally disagree with hate speech laws.
>>
>>68821943
>"Thou shall not kill" was written so long ago. Obviously, murder can therefor be justified.
>>
>>68822160
oh
sorry
please relay that message to that cocksucker who uploaded it if you can
>>
1. Hitler did nothing wrong.
>>
>>68822071
I was being a bit fasicious - my campus is very liberal, so it was a breath of fresh air to hear someone with right-wing opinions.
>>
>>68817514
>anthropology
How is that being passed off as anthropology? regardless of the very clear bias going on isn't that sociology or political theory if anything?
>>
>>68821943
A FUCKING LEAF
>>
>>68817514
Tell her what she wants to hear.
>>
>>68817514
if you want to go full stand up, link her violent things of the quaran and tell her islam is wrong. Islam is truly cancer, make her realize this, other wise just say i do agree but i dont pay attention, dont reveal power level.
>>
>>68817514
>how should I answer to her weekly discussion question /pol/?
Intelligently and with as much integrity as you can muster.

Why are you even asking this question?
>>
>>68821928
I don't think you quite grasp it. Other anon's past experiences would say that there is a very good likelihood that the teacher would report him to the dean/department if he tried to actually defend Trump. US university system is awful in this regard. Tweeting Trump *might* help, but there's not a guarantee he would even see the message, let alone be able to do something substantial about it.
>>
>>68818106
I used to think I was pretty smart. Trying to watch this video changed all that. I feel like a fucking retard trying to understand it
>>
>>68817514
You are talking about US politics in your leaf college and your teacher is openly showing his bias? I had a political science teacher in school during the Obama campaign that kept shoveling his Obama rhetoric into classes. I went to the dean and that faggot stopped the next week. Objectivity should be the goal, not a soapbox for your righteous teacher to proverbially shit down your throat.
>>
>>68821928
THIS
>>
>>68822204

2. The jews did 9/11
>>
>>68817514
Use facts, court cases, statistics, try and find polling data for minorities that support Trump, discuss his quotes in full instead of the cherry picked shit she sees in the media, etc.

I don't like Trump, but some of these people are so fucking retarded it's hard to stand.
If Trump actually has any kind of real immigration policy defined, discuss that.
Just stick to solid data and hard facts. Don't be an asshole.
>>
File: saucebottlemayyte.jpg (89 KB, 463x366) Image search: [Google]
saucebottlemayyte.jpg
89 KB, 463x366
>go to top Uni in country
>everyone is respectful of your opinion no matter what and listens
>teachers will always be critical and play devils advocate
>no SJW outside art faculties, everyone is open minded to new ideas that question theirs
>am completely dumbfounded by all the social justice drama in US/Canadian/European colleges/Unis

feels good to be /irrelevantcountry/ for once
>>
>>68817514
OP, you should echo what she said in class, and agree with her on every point, otherwise you are just being disrespectful. This is also how you get the highest grades.
>>
>>68822145

What you're being tested on is how well you can argue and defend your position; whether or not the question is massively leading is irrelevant.

Or that's how it should work, at least.
>>
>>68820798
Anthropology and sociology used to be pretty based. And they could be that way again.

MAKE ANTHROPOLOGY GREAT AGAIN
>>
>>68822564
>If Trump actually has any kind of real immigration policy defined, discuss that.
go to his website anon, it's right there.
>>
>>68817514
>A FUCKING LEAF
>>
Take her opinions to their logical conclusion.

>1. Hate speech laws will never be effective in combating racism, because racism persists through the physical presence of "white" bodies. The only way for racism to be diminished is to totally disenfranchise so-called "white people" and make it illegal for them to vote or run for office. However, such measures don't go far enough. "White people" everywhere must be wiped forever from the face of the earth through a worldwide campaign of deliberate, systematic genocide, exterminated right down to the last babe in arms. Only this way can the last spark of racism be extinguished.

>2. The American social system has proven itself unworthy of existence and needs to be purged. All wreckers with anti-social or counter-revolutionary inclinations should be rounded up into a system of re-education camps or, preferably, killed outright. The only way to truly stamp out a problematic idea is to introduce everyone who holds it to the barrel of a gun.
>>
>>68822386
>the teacher would report him to the dean/department if he tried to actually defend Trump

On what grounds? There aren't any.

Just stick to the facts, stick to your position and call her on it if you think she's not being fair. Other than that, so long as your argument isn't completely retarded or logically inconsistent, you're fine (or should be).
>>
>>68821939
read about it:
>http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/11/its-time-to-stop-using-the-fire-in-a-crowded-theater-quote/264449/
>>
File: australian weapons.png (2 MB, 2892x1316) Image search: [Google]
australian weapons.png
2 MB, 2892x1316
>>68822579
It's too bad your cities couldn't avoid the SJW drama too.
>>
It Just felt weird being in class this week, because we voted to discuss trump for this class and instead of having any actual discusion it was just everyone repeated garbage about how he hates mexican and muslims and black people and supports the kkk etc. There wasn't so much a discussion just a circlejerk about how bad he is for an hour followed by a john oliver video.
>>
>>68818889
>Drop the class after responding to the fact that she is in a teaching position and instead of doing her job she forces who world views upon the youth. If she is a true teacher she should be able to let her students make an educated decision without her personal bias

Pretty much this.

As a graduate student, I taught classes on the front lines, and worked behind the scenes with different professors to grade, answer emails, and plan classes. There is absolutely no excuse for a teacher who can't remove her personal bias from the lesson plan.
>>
>>68817514

>2) That America hates Niggers, Mexicans, & Muslims.
>>
Holy fuck. Shoot her. She is a traitor. She does not want America to be America.
>>
>>68822810
>On what grounds? There aren't any.
when did you go to uni?
Liberals are literal lunatics
>>
Oh wait I just saw your flag, never mind.
>>
>>68822108

I'm trying to imagine an American uni having that kind of discussion about Eichmann. It would be the lead story on CNN.
>>
>>68823008
Do you pay for college? If you do you're getting ripped off, and if you don't the taxpayers are getting ripped off. Sounds like the typical 'hugbox' that everyone here laments. If your teacher can't plan an objective curriculum then he needs fired.
>>
File: deMan109Ajf9e0ug.jpg (114 KB, 800x1087) Image search: [Google]
deMan109Ajf9e0ug.jpg
114 KB, 800x1087
>>68822406
What do you mean? Ms. MacDonald knows what she's talking about; she did her undergrad at Yale when postmodernism and deconstruction were at their height.

Here's some irony: Paul de Man was revealed to have been a Nazi collaborator who hated Yids.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCP-r3i24U
>>
>>68823257
>Do you pay for college? If you do you're getting ripped off, and if you don't the taxpayers are getting ripped off.
Doesn't Canada have private colleges?
>>
>>68822810
You don't understand just how fucked up our education is over here. It's literally SJW bootcamp and if you go against the grain they fuck your shit up
>>
>>68821222
>have to take Sociology for my major
>write an entire 5 page paper about a movie I didn't watch, copying bits and pieces of the synopsis on IMDB and putting in random non-phrases and buzzwords, literally 2 hours before it's due
>it's 1/4th of my grade
>get a 96%
>in a college course
>>
>>68823340
That's what he means, she seems too smart for him.
>>
>>68819281
I hear that. Agricultural degree here and took that shit back to Montana. Doing quite well .
>>
File: 1446690485761.png (647 KB, 661x782) Image search: [Google]
1446690485761.png
647 KB, 661x782
>>68823170
The UK is so beyond cucked in regards to free speech, it's not even funny. You have no room to talk, unfortunately.
>>
>>68817514

You have no idea how much that first question makes me rage. People like this clearly don't want to live in a free society, so why don't they go somewhere else?
>>
>>68823415
That's just how we know you're smart. Good problem solving skills. I've done that before.
>>
File: QTeiaeagveas.png (730 KB, 995x724) Image search: [Google]
QTeiaeagveas.png
730 KB, 995x724
>>68823439
Yes, it's such a horrible thing to feel ignorant in front of a woman - GASP!
>>
>>68822028
Which college in SC isn't shit. I don't want the SJW supreme experience
>>
>>68823512
Already do, they live in Canada.
>>
>>68821327
Yeah but I guarantee none of the provocative questions would say anything like 'Why is Hillary a lying snake?' or 'Bernie Sanders is a kooky old communist, why are his idea unrealistic?'
>>
File: 1458618223607.jpg (670 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1458618223607.jpg
670 KB, 1600x1200
>>68817514
1. No. The way to fight hate speech is with more speech, not by suppressing speech. Even the liberal as fuck ACLU agrees with this.

2. It says that the silent majority who work hard in society are fed up at seeing America's prosperity go down the drain in order to please those who had little or no part in creating or maintaining said prosperity. It says that many Americans have underlying beliefs that America needs to be made great again.
>>
>>68823622
I don't think he was complaining because she's a woman. It was an endorsement of the video. Relax familia
>>
>>68822810
m8 I know there aren't any actual grounds. You think that's gonna stop them?? If you say 'I like Trump' they'll give you some reasons why you shouldn't, including but not limited to 'he's racist/sexist/etc'. When you rebuke that is when they no longer have an argument and just start yelling at you (ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME).
>>68822937
>LAWFUL EXCUSE DOES NOT INCLUDE SELF DEFENSE
What the fuck are you supposed to do if you get attacked??
>>
>>68823353
I don't have a clue. If this is type of behavior that goes on in leaf schools then I don't even care, never going there.
>>
>>68822759
Go with this, if she is smart she will know its satire making fun of her. More likely is she will give you an A+ and offer you ro prep the bull for her next time.
>>
>>68822412
This.

My wife was offered a job for a leftist professor, marking essays for him. He basically told her "if they seem like they might be a bigot, fail them, otherwise give B+". That was the fucking marking criteria. She didn't take the job, but some other cunt did and would have given D's to everyone who sympathized with any idea to the right of Maoism. I want off this ride.
>>
>>68817514
Why aren't teachers banned from incorporating their personal political viewpoints into course material?
>>
>>68823340
I mean it all just went way over my head.
>>
>>68823758
Oh fuck yeah I'm never setting foot in Canada again. I've been around a decent amount of the western world and it's so obvious that America is the only free country that exists.
>>
>>68817514
basically 1) restricting free speech is good 2) institutional racism is real and a problem. very unbiased questions top kek
>>
File: 1280x720-hVE.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-hVE.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
>>68817514
>>
>>68817514
>Whole article complaing about Trumps racist rhetoric
>not even 1 direct quote from Trump

whale whale whale...
>>
File: 1458797847505.png (256 KB, 317x492) Image search: [Google]
1458797847505.png
256 KB, 317x492
>>68818754
>trump is a part of the republican party

>le it's people being fed up with le republicans xDD muh lion guard cant stump wont stump MAGAgoogoo
>>
File: althusser meme2.jpg (18 KB, 198x200) Image search: [Google]
althusser meme2.jpg
18 KB, 198x200
>>68823770
You know French Maoism was basically the backbone of postmodernism/post-structuralism?

So, we can literally blame Mao for the bullshit we see in academia today.
>>
Fucking A reminds me of the exact shit that goes on at my school. I'd tell you to utterly destroy the article and her questions but depending on where you're at with your schooling you risk being heavily ostracized from that point on.
>>
>>68823622
Love the sky Foucault
>>
Leak her email
>>
>>68817514
OP say the USA should have clearer hate speech laws, but use a bunch of quotes from blacks calling for whites to be wiped out. EG that harvard debate video

Then in the second part use actual trump quotes, and some statistics, and say that the acceptance of his ideas are peoples reaction to facts and figures
>>
You must go to a shit tier college m8.
>>
>>68823622
Huh? Seemed rather complimentary to me, the video humbled him.
>>
>>68824300
Bad idea. You could get expelled from the institution for harassment. All that wasted tuition money.
>>
>>68824130
Are you a bit, you know, got a bit of the spas in you?
By running as a republican he can dominate one half of the mainstream debate. If he went independent from the start, he'd just be an outlying talking head easy to dismiss, and would have to beat whatever republican nominee was put up as well as Hillary at the general election. His strategy has been, and is, the best one possible in the present environment.
>>
>TFW thoroughly enjoyed physical anthropology in college
>TFW also enjoyed sociology, since it was full of stats on nigger crime and other useful things regardless of narrative
>>
>>68817514
1. Hate speech laws are bad because hitlernazirepublicans will use hate speech laws to jail anyone who insults guns or jesus.

2. It says anthropology professors are totally out of touch.
>>
>>68822937
>literally banning sticks and wrenches

CANT WAKE UP
>>
>>68824860
Same here. I had a sociology professor who was awesome looking back at it. He brought up topics, then moderated and questioned fallacious reasoning, but NEVER showed bias in his approach.

I should write that guy an e-mail thanking him for being a good teacher in an apparent world of filth.
>>
>>68817514
>assuming your teacher and other students participate
Use an anti-communist angle to it. Then go for the jugular with a double standard angle, painting them as authoritarian sociopaths who'd commit evil deeds to further their goals.

If they try to argue back, liken them to being Hitler/Nazis. If they try to come up with a comeback, tell them how offended you are for them being an anti-Semite.

Use their tools against them. Would be entertaining to see how they'd mental gymnastics their bullshit.
>>
>>68824315
Why? Actually why take anthropology if it is all about agreeing with a certain ideology?
>>
File: tumblr marxism-is-rayzid.png (119 KB, 573x590) Image search: [Google]
tumblr marxism-is-rayzid.png
119 KB, 573x590
>>68824860
>>68825147
Which unis did you two fine individuals attend, might I ask?
>>
File: 1456902702922.jpg (71 KB, 640x800) Image search: [Google]
1456902702922.jpg
71 KB, 640x800
>>68823715
GET BEAT AND CALL THE COPS AFTER OR GET SHOT BUT AT LEAST 2 WORKER/ PRISON UNITS DIDN'T DIE
>>
>>68817514
Textbook social justice garbage, you know what must be done to traitors anon.
>>
>>68825425
I took anthropology and sociology at a community college as part of general education. I finished the rest of my education at a UC and only had to do major-relevant courses at that point.

My soc teacher was a liberal feminist though, just didn't care about your opinions so long as you met the grading rubric. Most the stats I referenced came from the textbook itself.
>>
File: reb_and_vodka_by_jellyfishly123.png (1001 KB, 800x1064) Image search: [Google]
reb_and_vodka_by_jellyfishly123.png
1001 KB, 800x1064
>>68824098
>>
>>68821286
I lived and worked there for a little over a year. Great place to live. Good food, chill people, beautiful. However, I cannot fucking imagine going to school there.

I had a client once who told me she was a local professor. We were discussing various personal items and I mentioned that my fiancee wanted us to move to Nevada. She cringed as though the very thought of the state was anathema to her. "It's very conservative out there. Too conservative." I explained that I considered myself extremely centrist and would not mind living around people with extremely differing political views. I said it would give me far more opportunities to engage in debate to empower my own belief system and views and potentially convince others of a more moderate, Libertarian-leaning sort of thinking.

Her response? "Oh," she said, frowning and shaking her head slowly, "I couldn't do that. I'm not strong enough to do that."

These are the people who educate the next generation. Our own educators are weak-minded, indoctrinated sheep who are incapable of existing outside of a hugbox echo chamber. Being that she was my client, I merely shrugged and nodded in a mildly condescending fashion. Were I not a wage cuck, I would have told her she disgusted me and I weep for the future of our society.

tl;dr move there after you graduate from somewhere else, liberalism is a disease
>>
>>68825425
Temple University. Not top notch by any means, but I wanted to work with senior citizens and they offered Social Work as a degree. I love fucking with spoiled white kids who think they are going to rob their parents/grandparents of everything they have on their deathbeds. I also just enjoy being around the elderly, even the dementia patients.
>>
>>68817514

1. Being opposed to illegal immigrants has nothing to do with racism, argument invalidated, it's about upholding current law.

2. The support of Trump's stance shows that a large number of Americans are unhappy with current law being ignored and are intent on seeing rule of law return.

Pretty cut and dried for the whole thing.
>>
>>68826162
what did she teach?
>>
>>68825957
>tfw I took sociology in a community college
shit was soo fucking bizzare. My teacher was some old hippy cunt wearing dirty clothes with coffee stains and her hair was dirty all the time.
Every class we started with listening to amazing grace, almost all the time she was talking about slavery and hoe everyone who's not a leftist is KKK. Also she was incredibly irresponsible, would not show up sometimes. The final was open book.
>>
Holy shit what kind of faggoty teacher do you have

>restrict racist rhetoric

lol canada
>>
Don't shoot yourself in the foot. Agree with her while she can dictate how well you do in the class, and follow up with her after she submits the grade if you deem it absolutely necessary.
>>
>>68826449
Can't recall for certain. I want to say history or English.
>>
File: muh-logic.png (425 KB, 1283x1096) Image search: [Google]
muh-logic.png
425 KB, 1283x1096
>>68826359
Hmmmm. I've heard Temple is a PC haven.
>>
>>68821222
>have this too
>take it online over the winter
>two and a half weeks of multiple choice quizzes and discussion forum posts
>one 6 page statistics based essay about life opportunities
easiest A I've ever gotten, professor actually told me she appreciated my "bold conservative viewpoints"
>>
>>68817514
Report her to the police for election tampering. Using her position as a government employee to push a political position is a clear violation of election law.
>>
>>68817514
During the Marianas Boat Lift, where we let thousands of Cuban refugees into Florida, the Cuban government sent a few thousand mental patients and violent criminals over.

It would be naive of anyone to think the Mexican government isn't taking advantage of the situation in the same way.

Not to mention the criminals that get deported, only to return and commit more crimes when they get back. Gee, I wonder what happened from the time we turned them over to the Mexican government and when they came right back?

This source lays it out pretty well
http://www.uh.edu/~adkugler/Card_1990.pdf

It also is a good look at how illegals and work visas dilute the labor pool and lower everyone's wages. Back in the 80s only the minorities competed for the 'shit jobs' and nowadays everyone does. The 125k refugees lowered wages and raised unemployment.

The paper also gives a good look at mass immigration's affect on aggregate demand... The common arguement goes that 'immigrants' create demand for goods and services, but this is only true when you cut off the flow and give it a few years to catch up. Our government has been taking every step possible to not only keep the flow from ending, but to increase it.

Fuck, I want to punch your professor.
>>
>>68827274
That's pretty bullshit. Tries to teach courses that require you to look at things from multiple perspectives and she can't handle that herself.
>>
>>68817514
Responses that don't betray Trump but also won't get you in trouble:

1. "I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." - Voltaire
American rights are, thankfully, a two-way street, and I think that U.S. laws governing hate speech are adequate as they stand (i.e. specific enough to prevent truly destructive forms but open enough to prevent fascist-like censorship). As for how this relates to Trump? If everything he says is to be believed as ideals he truly holds, allowing this form of speech will give voters more insight into the type of person they are potentially electing.

2. When a person is driving and hits a patch of ice, the natural human inclination is to turn against the swerve. In this same way, support for Trump may potentially be a response to a strong social swerve to the left--that response being a strong swerve to the right (which is up for debate, since both the left and the right seem to be casting Trump as a perfect example of the opposite side). Perhaps, then, it's a symptom of a social system that's become too polarized for its own good. Perhaps folks have become so occupied with removing labels that they've failed to realize it's all they concentrate on anymore. As for acceptance of his ideas and what said acceptance says about the underlying beliefs of some Americans, it truly depends upon why a person supports Trump in the first place. I'm willing to bet that most are Utilitarian in their thinking. Obviously, a person who supports racist rhetoric for the sole purpose that said rhetoric is racist--well, that person is, indeed, a racist. But the overwhelming support he's receiving implies to me that the reasoning is a bit more complex than that.
>>
>>68817514
>First question

I would ask her to explain detail what Trump has said that's actually racist because that's what she's not so subtly implying. Secondly, to answer her question, no, limiting free speech based on personal feelings is a slippery slope.

>Second question

You can answer both parts by saying that it shows how people are fed up with the way things are. They're fed up with being told that they're bigoted Islamophobes when they get mad about Jihadist terror attacks and they don't want those people in their country, they're mad when they get told that they're bigoted racists for being opposed to illegal immigration and wanting someone who will do something about it. They're tired of a system where candidates and politicians serve their donors and not the people.
>>
>>68828681
>Perhaps folks have become so occupied with removing labels that they've failed to realize it's all they concentrate on anymore.

That-that's actually bredy gud mane
>>
File: camille-toss-the-word-salad.jpg (275 KB, 1151x487) Image search: [Google]
camille-toss-the-word-salad.jpg
275 KB, 1151x487
>>68828576
Not sure how it is in the UK, but humanities courses in American unis are nothing but postmodernist shitfests.
>>
>>68821943
>too keep
You get an F
>>
>>68818669
My anthro teacher was okay. Then again I was in ND
>>
>>68829038
What exactly is post modernism. Few years back in high school we had a social studies class where they present world views and mine happened to match well with post-modernism. I was pretty /pol/ back then (not exactly GAS THE JEWS, but pretty conservative) tho so idk...definitely different now.
>>
>>68828681
top reply lad
>>
>>68829412
See:
>>68818106
Granted, she's specifically referring to deconstruction, which is only prevalent in literature departments.
>>
>Hate speech
NO. IT'S CALLED FREE SPEECH. YOU COMMUNIST FAGGOT.

>What does the support Trump has garnered say about the social system in America? What does the acceptance of his ideas say about underlying beliefs of some Americans?
Americans are fed up with being treated like absolute shit for absolutely fuck all. Say the wrong thing on twitter and your life is torn to shreds by strangers all around the country that knew nothing of you until you wrote "Maybe we should talk about Islam" and people are sick of it, so naturally they gravitate to the man who can say what he wants and nothing happens to him because he represents the freedom of speech they once held dear. On top of that, it shows Americans are done with the current political and ruling class and want someone fresh who is already shaking things up in a monumental way, with all sides of the establishment and the 1% and the media trying to tear him down desperately.

Also, respond with lots of facts about him not being a racist and that islam isn't a race and secure borders isn't racist rhetoric.

Your teacher's a faggot.
>>
>>68822406
I know what you mean. Lots of abstract stuff going on at higher levels.
>>
>>68817514
Paste a picture of John Oliver and turn it in
>>
File: first.jpg (223 KB, 1280x1232) Image search: [Google]
first.jpg
223 KB, 1280x1232
>>68817514
>>
File: STUMPE.webm (2 MB, 368x246) Image search: [Google]
STUMPE.webm
2 MB, 368x246
>>68817514
Just send her a link to this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTbkbH3x7LQ
>>
>>68817514
(1) You tell her that racist discourse in America, prior to Trump, was already largely banned and yet, if we are to take her hypothesis as true, it apparently didn't help to stem the feelings of racism in America since a candidate like Trump actually seems to be possible.

The conclusion is that preventing hateful speech doesn't actually work and there are actually reasons for that. When you prevent people from actively voicing certain belief, you do not modify those belief but merely make them hidden, socially inexpressible but never the less held and shared in the darker discursive spaces of society.

This doesn't actually arm the belief but rather help it since, being hidden, it isn't subject to any kind of criticism or response. The concern of those who held those beliefs aren't actually addressed.

Furthermore, it creates resentment among those who actually hold these beliefs. Since there is no answer being forth coming regarding the opinions they hold, and since they're not able to voice them, they are left with the impression that what they think is correct but that a social taboo is being unjustly enforced against them.

When a candidate such as Trump comes along who seems to be able to overcome this taboo, he is seen as a hero.

[There's more to this. It's all about how hiding information doesn't actually help anybody. Liberal are fucking idiots.]
>>
>>68829902
I don't get it.
>sue me
>>
File: chomsky thinks you are a pussy.jpg (96 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
chomsky thinks you are a pussy.jpg
96 KB, 850x400
>>
Where does restricting speech end? Offense is never given, it is taken. Newspeak a lá 1984 will have to be developed because there will always be one person who takes offense at a word because someone said it in a negative context. Historical literature and stories will have to be banned and burned so that these "offensive words" won't be used any longer.
2. America is busted and needs a new paintjob. The government is corrupt and makes legislation to block internet access to certain sites and force internet providers to give out personal information to companies to be used in marketing. It also forces medicare to people, making it more expensive and widespread. Not for the peoples health, but because the healthcare companies needed money.
Trump gets to people because he is relatively open about his ideas to change America for the greater.
>>
>>68817514
Redpill your teacher.
>>
>>68822937
>body armour is a prohibited """""weapon"""""

australia yes
>>
>>68817514
drop the red pill or get the fuck off /pol/. why do you faggots come here every day asking shit about your liberal teacher's assignments? I repeat, drop the red pill or get the fuck off /pol/.
>>
>>68817514

Sue her for infringing your safe space.
>>
>>68819373
This desu senpai
>>
>>68830811
Chomsky is a liberal kike.
>>
Based faggot Milo Yiannopoulos on these exact questions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fely6gd2Q-k
>>
>>68823509

honestly, our laws are a bit strange. they are not really universally applied in the same manner to everyone, it depends where you go as to what level of political correctness you can expect to be enforced by the police. In high density shit holes like london or liverpool the PC culture is strong, but if you go up to somewhere like derbyshire, yorkshire or out to wales, somerset or other rural places, you can walk around town with a shotgun over your arm and the police give you a wave and wish you a good morning.

Where I live the coppers are always in the pub anyway, but it's 98% white so there is literally no crime for them to stop
>>
>>68831402
When it comes to critiques of PoMo academia, I prefer the ladies (specifically Camille "one-woman morphine pill" Paglia and her ugly cousin Heather MacDonald).
>>
>>68822406
I'm confused by your lack of understanding. None of what she was saying is complicated.
>>
Shouldn't she me neutral? Education systems are such blue pilled left wing shit holes
>>
>>68817514
Anthropology. Sounds like you're wasting your parents' money. Tough luck pal.
>>
>>68817514
Time to have a chat with the Dean of the department
>>
>>68817514
tfw school uses same software but not libtarted based South.
>>
>>68817514
Oh. I fell for the anthropology elective meme too. At least it's easy.
>>
>>68831670
I like MacDonald because she's very upfront. She knows what it's like to be fed obscurantist bullshit.

She wrote a piece for the book "Why I Turned Right" about her frustrations with postmodernism and her shock of her former teacher being outed as a Nazi.
>>
>>68822237
facetious
>>
>>68832143
Where do you attend uni?
>>
File: TrumpMarine.jpg (262 KB, 1269x635) Image search: [Google]
TrumpMarine.jpg
262 KB, 1269x635
>>68820864
This.

I agree with a few of his policies but that's about it. He doesn't fit a pivotal role that the Commander in Chief is supposed to fill: Chief Citizen.

I despise political correctness, but Trump has absolutely no filter. Some consider that a good thing, but he has demonstrated no articulation to turn what might be considered blatant insults into legitimate talking points.

It's like if a /pol/lack went out into public and started demonstrating saying nothing but

>"Niggers are criminals! They're all fuggin shit!"

as opposed to formulating non-biased, objective statements such as

>African Americans perpetuate ~50% of all violent crime in the US, which is not consistent with the population of African Americans, which is ~13% of the entire US population according to statistics from the US DoJ

Plus we have no clue if he (or any of these fuck-faces running) can actually successfully implement these policies they're pushing. We have checks and balances for a reason. If Trump gets blocked at every turn by the establishment in Congress or the SC, nothing will get done and he (or anyone else) will be a failure.

If Trump were to become a successful Pres. we'd have to unfuck our system and culture first. Not later, but now.

Until this country burns there will be no ashes to rise out of and renew.
>>
>>68824137
>You know French Maoism was basically the backbone of postmodernism/post-structuralism?
Source?
>>
>>68820036
Frankfurt school
>>
>>68818752
amen
>>
>>68827898
How long before /leftypol/ inevitably embraces rationality and becomes right wing?
>>
>>68833085
Zizek talks about it, how students of Louis Althusser took their Maoist professor's ideas on ideology and turned them into what we know today as postmodernism.

I know there's a book on it but I forget the title. I know it's published by Verso though.

>>68833286
Frankfurt School has very little to do with what you're seeing in modern academia today. Although, Walter Benjamin's essay Task of the Translator essay is interpreted as deconstructionist (of course, his essay is kabbalistic).
>>
>>68817514
Think as you like but behave like others. You're not there to build your belief system, you need a degree for money. Write all the bullshit she wants to hear and forget about it. Submit an anon complaint to her boss at the end of the semester. Keep the prompt.
>>
>>68821943
I've never read the american constitution. Where do drones causing trouble at airports show up?
>>
>>68831402
>Chomsky is a liberal kike.
Yes, so the professor is more likely to agree with him.

And even he thinks the professor is a pussy. And so does Obama too.
>>
>>68817514
Tell him that PC culture enabled Trump. Look up the number of mosques burnt in yurop in the last 6 months, look up the huge gains in nationalist parties in france, germany and greece. They all have hate speech legislation, and in yurop young generations are more right-wing than older ones.

Hate speech laws are just a counter-productive bandaid fix that exists just so white liberals can pat themselves on the back.
>>
File: image.png (302 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.png
302 KB, 500x375
>>68819353
Mfw I picked an anthro class for a gen ed because I thought I'd be learning about early human history but instead I stumbled upon liberal indoctrination
>>
>>68833869
Actually, this wouldn't be a bad idea.
>>
>>68817514
Ask her to take in a Syrian refugee. She'll either refuse and expose her liberal hypocrisy or she'll end up raped/dead. You win regardless anon.
>>
>>68820486
Typical fucking leafs.
>>
>>68817514
>foreigners giving out opinions as if we give a shit
>>
>>68832143
I took an Anthro elective and it was rooted in phys anthro and biology - no blue-pilled BS. Ironically the instructor was a gay man.
>>
>>68817514
Trump hasn't said one thing that was racist. Not one. Refuse to do the assignment until she admits that fact and that anthropology has been overrun by Jews since the early 1900s and has a clear Marxist agenda
>>
>>68834421
Most anthropology courses are cultural anthropology, which are entirely taught from a postmodernist perspective.

>>68834465
People do interpret what he's proposing as racially motivated though.
>>
>>68821222

nice trips.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn8-KJvXRj8
>>
>>68834036

so glad I missed out on that shit

I took my general ed classes at a community college in Mississippi over a decade ago

Never once took a class based on muhhh feels
>>
>>68819753
best post

literally just copy/paste this.
>>
>>68817514
The US should not have hate speech laws, because what constitutes hate speech changes as time and perceptions change, much like how the definition of obscene and offensive speech has changed.

What may be considered unoffensive speech today may be considered to be hate speech tomorrow. And that would cause a chilling effect on discussion.
>>
>>68817514
>American culture is largely a celebration of white men’s mediocrity...

Dear teacher(?): The initial premise of the article is wrong. No culture has ever brought more wealth to more people in the purest manner - via meritocracy.

Also, why are you attempting to indoctrinate your weaker minded students in enforcing their having to read such "progressive" bullshit articles?

In the spirit of equality will you assign readings from "National Review" or perhaps an evening on /pol/?
>>
>>68834549
>People do interpret what he's proposing as racially motivated though.
Those people are idiots. You can interpret it however you like, that doesn't make it true. Write about how they're idiots then, and call her a Jewish puppet. Is she Jewish?
>>
>>68834465
Case-in-point:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sxttk5REkM
>Heather is my waifu

>>68835003
Sure.

>Is she Jewish?
What? I'm not OP.
>>
>>68817514
tell him you refuse to read opinion pieces...Cather have no business being in school at any level.
>>
>>68835057
>What? I'm not OP.
Oh. My bad, dawg
>>
I got a degree in Anthropology and this type of question just makes me sick. For one, these questions aren't based in any type of Anthropological way, they're simply political opinions. I would say that hate speech is subjective, and according to the UN it's based on whether or not there is a call for violence on a group of people, with immediate danger. Trump really hasn't called for violence, except about hitting that protester, which you can say is wrong. However, he's not saying to go after any groups of people.
>>
>>68818741

Probably the best answer. Good luck.
>>
>>68819853

Curiously when i went through (a long time ago in a galaxy far far away) Astronomy was one of my "humanities" electives.

Hell was that I ended up correcting the "Professor" on a regular basis due to having taken a similar course in high school.
>>
>>68834059
Redpilling liberals on freedom of speech is pretty easy because making speech "forbidden" has a mystifying effect, and it also allows those being restricted to be the underdogs which is used as a recruitment strategy. There's also the whole "truth does not fear investigation" shpeel, many people legitimize their beliefs on the basis of them being shut out.

Trump absolutely abused PC culture to boost his popularity. His whole campaign got off the ground by being politically incorrect. People were shocked, and he got tons of air time. People like him because being politically incorrect sounds fresh and honest, unlike the sterile, calculated messages from career politicians. Without such excessive PC culture, Trump wouldn't have a podium.

Also you can touch on the conflict between BDS SJWs and butthurt jews that's been happening. Who defines hate speech? How will that definition change in the future? Because leftist movements get accused of hate speech too. When boycotting apartheid earns you accusations of antisemitism things get murky.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 41

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.