[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Disney, Time Warner, the NFL, Microsoft, Google, Coca-Cola and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
File: 021016-leg-religious-lib-ba006.jpg (75 KB, 608x400) Image search: [Google]
021016-leg-religious-lib-ba006.jpg
75 KB, 608x400
Disney, Time Warner, the NFL, Microsoft, Google, Coca-Cola and more are all threatening to pull out of Georgia if the religious liberty bill becomes law

This is what it looks like when you're on the wrong side of history. It doesn't matter how bigoted the governor is, he's not going to sign his state's death sentence.
>>
>>68776106
>implying companies can pull out of states

Wtf does that even mean? Google blocked anywhere in Georgia?
>>
the state or country? I haven't heard about this.
>>
>CORPORATIONS OWN THE COUNTRY AND AND HAVE TOO MUCH POWER!!
>yaaay the corporations agree with me :))))
>>
>>68776280
>>68776528
http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/03/24/471711888/time-warner-others-join-disney-in-opposing-georgias-religious-liberty-bill

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/03/25/nathan-deals-vexing-decision-will-he-sign-the-religious-liberty-bill/

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/state-regional-govt-politics/lawmakers-make-11th-hour-effort-to-pass-new-religi/nqrxk/
>>
>>68776106
>Freedom to practice the parts of your religion that we say are ok? YES
>Freedom to practice the parts we say are not ok? NO
>>
>>68776106
If Gov. Deal signs the bill there will be a massive backlash. He's not so obtuse as to sacrifice the economic prosperity of Atlanta for the whims of mid- and south-Georgia rednecks.
>>
File: 1458869688101.jpg (160 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
1458869688101.jpg
160 KB, 960x1280
>>68776853
this
>>
>>68776754
So it's the stupid "faggots can force people to bake them a cake" shit? Fucking faggots these days.
>>
>>68776853
Companies aren't controlling their freedom. Georgia can do whatever it wants. All Disney and Microsoft are saying is that they can do whatever they want, too.

Are you saying big businesses shouldn't have the freedom to stop operating in areas that don't reflect their corporate philosophy?
>>
It's funny watching (((conservatives))) give the world to big corporations, just to have them stab their culture in the back

(((conservatives))) can easily muzzle these progressive globalists by threatening their tax breaks if they don't remain neutral. But they won't.

Hence why nationalism and anti-free trade sentiment is going up.
>>
they are free to do that. they won't, because the costs will be way too high. maybe google will, but how many regular georgians are employed by google, really? Im willing to bet 40 percent are insourced from other parts of the country/globe.

Trust me, as a long time resident, the only people who are pro gay rights are at UGA or in midtown ATL taking it up the ass from Legendary Children.

https://youtu.be/UnxUjrJ1V6Y
>>
>>68776988
Georgia's governor is republican, Southern rednecks elected him, the people of Atlanta voted democrat. It would make more sense for him to side with his base and pass the bill and play it off as outsiders trying to pressure them into conforming. It should work, Georgia isn't really in favor of most of those companies, excluding Coke and the NFL.
>>
File: Atlanta-cnn-center-aerial.jpg (1 MB, 2272x1704) Image search: [Google]
Atlanta-cnn-center-aerial.jpg
1 MB, 2272x1704
How many Georgians are employed by Time Warner? Quite a bit I'd imagine with the TBS headquarters right there.

Obviously they're not just going to sell the building and hit the road, but you better believe they can downsize.
>>
>>68777837
That's because all the blacks in Atlanta voted Dem.

I live in GA and thought it was strange that the companies would "boycott" Georgia. Especially the Koch owned Coca Cola.
Kind of interesting how all of a sudden liberals love corporations when they do stuff like this.
>>
>>68776106
that would never happen, post source or kill yourself
>>
>>68777254
Those businesses most likely got GIANT tax breaks and had to pay no property taxes for 10 years in order to move into the state. For them to throw a tantrum over something like this is pure bullshit.

Not to mention people seem to think it's OK for a company to fire a shit ton of people over something the government did, but don't think a business should be able to fire somebody for a certain reason.
>>
>>68776106
Why don't you make companies which are relocating for reasons other than fiduciary responsibility, to pay back all of the tax breaks and benefits they gained?
>>
>>68776106
there should be a law having the company act so against the values of their founders.
>>
>>68777837
Most of what people consider "Atlanta" is actually Metro-Atlanta- the city proper is dwarfed by the people living in the suburbs. These suburban Atlantans are more of a mix of republicans and democrats, with definitely more republicans, but they aren't the same republicans you find south of Macon. Suburban republicans aren't as retarded when it comes to social issues and care more about business staying in Atlanta than they do the non-issue "religious freedom" cooked up by the religious right.
>>
>>68776106
>religious liberty bill
Ok let's take a look. "religious officials shall not be forced to perfom mariage ceremonies against their religion".

"religious officials"

What ? While I completly agree it would be incredibly retarded to force a catholic priest to marry fags, since when "officials" (I'm understanding mayors in this case) can be religious ? Ever heard of the separation of the church and state ? The official doesn't have a religion while he's doing his work, that's basic republic stuff.

So if your local mayor is bitching about doing a ceremony because it offends his religious feelings, he can go fuck himself.

You might agree or not with fag marriage but that's not the issue, it's about people not doing their job. They don't like it ? Change the law, don't bitch about doing your job.
>>
>>68777837
Also,
>Georgia isn't really in favor of most of those companies

How? In what way? This is straight bullshit.
>>
>>68777452
Major corporations can never be trusted. Once companies get that big, the decisions are out of the hands of the people who understand things like principles or loyalty. It's all numbers to them, and they're going to make moves based on what their numbers people tell them makes for the highest good numbers and the lowest bad numbers.

The GOP is definitely imploding, and Trump getting elected would be one of the last nails in its coffin.

>>68778314
I don't doubt for a second that a lot of this is just pretty words for companies that want to look PC. If push comes to shove, a lot of them won't do a thing. But some might, and it won't take many for Georgia to take over Mississippi's spot as biggest ass-backwards unproductive state in the country.
>>
They're bluffing.
>>
>>68778857
Religious officials means priests and such.
>>
>>68779184
How are they "officials ?"
>>
>>68777248
well, force them to be bake them a cake for money, yes.
>>
>>68778857
It's not just religious officials

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2771895-HB-757.html

It includes business owners as well
>>
>>68779245
They're officials of the church. "Official" isn't a term that is limited to matters of the state.
>>
>>68776106
>wrong side of history meme
daily reminder to sage and hide liberal bait threads like this
>>
>>68778857
>since when can officials be religious

This is America not France where all elected officials are required to become atheists upon assuming office
>>
File: 1457507455391.png (205 KB, 509x514) Image search: [Google]
1457507455391.png
205 KB, 509x514
>>68776731
Yes. Exactly.

> get companies out of politics!
> unless we agree, then woohoo

These people are the epitome of mob rule
>>
So, when do we know whether this will be resolved one way or another?
>>
>>68778314
How is it bullshit? They got taxbreaks because the state needs them more than they need the state. That hasn't changed.

And if people don't want to lose their jobs, they should elect people who support what their employer supports. Welcome to capitalism.
>>
>>68776106

This is what a corporatocracy looks like.
>>
File: 1255497449467.gif (185 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1255497449467.gif
185 KB, 320x240
>Bill protects pastors, clergy, religious leaders from civil suits for refusing to perform gay marriages
>Bill protects religious organizations from civil suits for refusing to employ or render service gay people

>The Left want to force all churches to perform gay wedding and force religious schools to hire gay teachers
>>
>>68779556
It's up to the Governor now. Either he vetoes it within 40 days, or he doesn't.
>>
>tfw free market and small government should define good conservatism

>instead it's banning buttsecks, weed, and wanting more kids from poor homes be unaborted

why is conservatism so wrong? RON PAUL WHERE ARE YOU PLEASE
>>
>>68777029

Who is this semen demon?
>>
>>68778853

Carpetbagging purplestate Midwestern transplant faggot detected, fuck off back to the rustbelt pls, and take the Mexicans with you, thanks
>>
>>68779394
>"Official" isn't a term that is limited to matters of the state
Yes. Yes it is when you put it in a frigging law.

>>68779336
Here's my point of view. Since religious marriage has no value or legal purpose (it's the marriage contract send to your mayor that counts, at least that's how it works in France) there should be no oligations for priests to perform a ceremony marriage since you can't inforce a non-vital service by a law (that would be tyranical). If you believe otherwhise, I will go complain to your government the local mosque refuse to perform a marriage between me and my best bud in his traditionnal ceremony dress made in pig skin.

As for business, it would be the same except some services MIGHT be actual more important than a fancy ceremony. Having restaurants and stores closing their doors because you're a fag is a clear harmful discrimination and should be banned. But forcing them to give a specific kind of service (like the wedding cakes) is morronic and the law should never go in those waters.
>>
>>68777248

Just use salt instead of sugar.

You ruin their big day, and they will never be a customer again.
>>
>>68776106

The governor is actually an ex-Democrat faggot that is holding back this State. I didn't vote for the son of a bitch.

All of those businesses can fuck off. That's all Atlanta shit anyway. Fuck Atlanta. We're not losing the important foreign businesses because they could give two shits about faggots pissing in the wrong bathroom.
>>
>>68779552

> let the free-market rule everything
> unless we disagree, then boo

That sword cuts both ways faggot.
>>
>>68779548
>are required to become atheists
They're not. But religion is at home, not at work.
>>
>>68776106
>fire thousands of people because the government hurt your feelings
I'm not saying they wont but if they do it will be a nightmare for their image.
>>
>>68776106

>pull out of Georgia over a moral issue

Fucking do it! You're just leaving money for your competitors.

Also I call bullshit on Coca Cola pulling out of Georgia. Theres no way they'll leave
>>
>>68776731
Alternatively...
>the free market will correct everything, FUCK regulations lefties :)

>Bahhhhh muh religious freedums
>>
>>68780036
Example?
>>
>>68777909

CNN has already been moving out of Atlanta. This started a while back.

I think by the end of the year they're only going to have a minimum presence in the State. Everything getting moved to New York and Washington IIRC.

Just liberal fears. They said everyone would shoot everyone after the "Guns Everywhere" law and what do you know; we're all still here.
>>
File: 1411419597942.gif (1 MB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1411419597942.gif
1 MB, 255x255
M-MUH BREAD AND CIRCUS IS LEAVING
>>
>>68780093
Maybe their image in Georgia. The rest of the country doesn't give a fuck if a bunch of bigots in Georgia have jobs.
>>
File: german_men_pee_sitting_down.jpg (22 KB, 355x253) Image search: [Google]
german_men_pee_sitting_down.jpg
22 KB, 355x253
>>68780036

I'm fine with these companies moving for whatever reason.

They're giant companies that provide jobs, and decrease a lack of overall community feeling and cohesion.

It's just that the very people who are complaining right now, are the very same who bitch that coke does dietary research, and influences politicians.

It's the exact same thing
>>
>have the Confederate Flag on State Flag for decades
>but keeping faggots in check is where we're crossing the line

It's just pandering. We might lose some Hollywood types but they've been fucking up this state with their art-house filming nigger shit for a while.
>>
>bill allows companies the right to not engage in things they find offensive
>companies against the bill respond by threatening to not engage in things they find offensive
>>
>leftists complain about corporations having too much power and influence
>cheer when corporations try to influence the laws of a state they don't like
>>
I still don't know why gays need to force people who don't like them to make cakes.

can't they go to someone whose willing to take there money?

why should i force someone who doesn't why my money for service?
>>
>>68779998
Honestly, this is exactly the kind of issue that continues to make one thing clear: Marriage needs to be privatized.

You want to get married? Go find a priest or shaman or whatever, wear nice clothes, and throw some flowers in the air.

You want joint tax returns, power of attorney, and inheritance from your spouse? Go get a civil contract like the gay couples and everyone else has to.
>>
>>68780005
>The governor is actually an ex-Democrat faggot that is holding back this State. I didn't vote for the son of a bitch.

Speaking of which, said faggot is also threatening to veto the campus carry law, unless he did it already
>>
>>68779729
This is insane, the priest let men and women marry each other, because they want to confirm their marriage before god and the priest is gladly to do so.

If this argument doesn't sway you we go the economic route, the priest sells a service, he can choose whom he wants to sale this service. If people want to marry they can always go to their civil departement to buy a marriage licence there.
>>
also

>wrong side of history

what does this future look like? what is the vision for America in 50 years? you really think a culture can sustain the feminization of society on this scale? what about the unbridled embrace of hedonism and pleasure? a culture consisting almost entirely of cucked sexual losers and degenerate sex fiends?

the US is in free fall, and no amount of gay dads are going to save it. the degenerates of society are LEECHES whose very existence depend on the values they love to hate.
>>
>>68780328
>bunch of bigots in Georgia have jobs.
Yeah I'm sure everyone that works for time Warner is a fag hating kkk member.
>>
>>68780422
Implying this isn't the free market at work
>>
>>68780211
Well... "All" of you except the ones who were killed in gun related homicides...
>>
>>68776106
This would create huge opportunities for smaller companies.
>>
>>68780451

Because the only purpose of gay marriage is forcing people to accept homosexuality

That has been the sole purpose of the entire gay rights movement ever since they won toleration in the 70s
>>
>>68780505
That's the case in France. Except for 2 or 3 mayors being a bitch about it, it went well and nobody cares anymore.
>>
File: 800px_MemlingJudgmentCentre.jpg (230 KB, 800x1139) Image search: [Google]
800px_MemlingJudgmentCentre.jpg
230 KB, 800x1139
>>68780451
It's all about forcing normal people to do their will.

If they can compel you to make them a cake, then eventually, they'll force the church to marry them.

I don't care if you get married, the state can recognize whatever, but I don't bust into your house and demand you not have peanuts for dinner, because I'm allergic, so get the fuck out of people's church
>>
>>68780451

Faggot logic. They think they "win" by forcing people who hate them to take their money.

Niggers went through the same process. All they did was fucked themselves over.

>black-owned businesses shut down now that niggers could shop at "da white man's store"
>historically black colleges are struggling because all of the buck niggers are now going to Alabama and other formerly segregated universities.

So, by gaining "freedom", niggers killed everything they built up.
>>
>>68780651
This.

Normalizing deviant behavior.
>>
That's expected
>>
>>68776106

I live outside in Atlanta and we would be totally fucked if we lost all these big companies. They support all the liberals and niggers who inhabit 75% of the city proper
>>
>>68780522
I'm sure they're not. But the rest of the country hearing "thousands of jobs lost in Georgia" are going to respond "I don't give a shit".
>>
>>68780541
>oligopolies lobbying the state to pass legislation that impedes the free market and attacks small business competition is free market

Go back to r/bernie pls
>>
>>68780511

No. Bunch of shit happening with that law. He wants the Assembly to pass follow up laws that he'll sign at the same time as the original campus carry. You know, "for the chilluns" and all.

And the LT. Governor has met with Moms Demand Action in the past. He's a liberal cocksucker.

Almost wish I had voted for Jason fucking Carter. Ironically, the grandson of Jimmy fucking Carter has a better record on guns than fucking Nathan Deal. That's sad.
>>
>>68776106
Adult Swim >>>>>>>>>>>> Disney
Early Cuyler iz pleased
>>
>>68776106
What does the religious liberty bill entail? Are people being forced to go to church?
>>
File: 1431301693986.jpg (27 KB, 599x337) Image search: [Google]
1431301693986.jpg
27 KB, 599x337
>>68780827
Even more likely:
> they had it coming
>>
>>68780829
I don't have a problem with the law, or the way these businesses are reacting to it.

Like it or not this is the free market.
>>
>>68779888
Imagine how mad you'll be when Georgia is a solid blue state by 2020
>>
>>68779791
>Not violating the religious freedom of pastors who do not want to be forced to marry same sex couples = Banning buttsecks

Okay lolbertarian weedfags
>>
>>68776106
Just posturing they ain't gonna leave, money talks and bullshit walks.
>>
>>68780599

Mostly niggers and white trash.

Nothing of value lost.
>>
>>68778853

This is 100% true

>>68779888
So is this, we got transplanted here from Kansas City in 1992, kek. Thanks Delta.
>>
>>68776731
>>68780184

these right here
>>
>>68776754

so the tl;dr is that they're just going to hurt themselves by having to hire and train new staff
>>
>>68781041
You could have just said "Georgians" and come to the same conclusion.
>>
>>68776280
>implying losing botnet google,microsoft is good.
>implying losing terrible time warner shit internet is bad

>implying pepsi is that bad
>>
>>68780690
>If they can compel you to make them a cake, then eventually, they'll force the church to marry them.

We're just one liberal SCOTUS justice away from being jailed for making homophobic statements in public like they are in Europe

You can already lose your job for opposing gay marriage

>still use libertarian and free market arguments to support this
>>
>Didney
Only makes shit.

>Time Warner
Same.

>NFL
Baseball is better anyway.

>M$
Botnet.

>Google
Botnet 2.0.

>Coke
Drink black sludge, got.

Aannnnnd nothing of value was lost.
>>
>>68780962
No it isn't lmao. These companies are artificial monopolies that exist because the government enables them by introducing seas of regulation that destroys up and coming business while they dance around with lawyers.
>>
>>68780982

I'll just move to Alabama.

I've hopped from North Carolina to South Carolina to Georgia. Alabama is next in line, and if they cuck their shit up too badly, I'll move to Mississippi because that place is never turning around.
>>
File: larry mcdonald.jpg (76 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
larry mcdonald.jpg
76 KB, 850x400
Larry McDonald was right, capitalism fused to communism to create a totalitarian monster.
>>
>>68780036

>free market is companies doing whatever they want

>what is a natural monopoly

back to economics 101, free market is a means to the perfect end that is perfect competition

monopolies goes against perfect competition, that's why you have free market faggots who want to end monopolies at the same time
>>
>>68781264
Corporatism?
>>
>>68781225

>t-this isn't real free market

You sound just like a commie saying "t-that isn't real communism!", you know?
>>
>>68781207
> Baseball is better
> Remembers that Atlanta only has the shitty Braves
> cryforever.gif
>>
>>68781207

Yea, how about that fucking stadium they built up in Himeyville with taxpayer dollars? Waste of fucking money.

Fucking Braves stadium too. I just hope they expand MARTA up there so all of the niggers start going to the white neighborhoods and fucking around with the soccer moms and transplants.
>>
>>68779888
Not the guy you're replying to, but my family is from Georgia/Alabama and I've lived in Georgia my entire life. This "religious freedom" bill is some made up shit to address an imagined issue. Priests can already refuse to marry whoever they want. The only purpose this serves is to let the guys in the state legislature go back to their constituents come reelection time and say "I tried to protect Jesus guys but that fag lovin' governer up in 'lanner overruled us"
>>
>>68781225
Sure I agree with you there. My point is they landed in Atlanta because they like the laws/prices. If taxes were lower in California they probably would have stayed there. Now they don't like the laws they are getting ready to pack up and go somewhere else. Go ahead and pass the law if you don't want their money. Atlanta isn't special.
>>
>>68781377
Not an argument
>>
>>68781249
>because that place is never turning around
QFT

By the time MS hits the 21st century, the rest of the country is going to be riding around in nanotech flying cars and marrying their bacteria or something
>>
>>68779791
Libertarianism is communism.
>>
Can someone catch me up. What's this bill about, and why are companies so opposed to it?
>>
>>68781225

Regulations that were put in place due to corporate lobbying.

http://www.dslreports.com/shownews/ATT-Comcast-Kill-Local-Gigabit-Expansion-Plans-in-Tennessee-136503

Inform yourself before you Shrek yourself!
>>
>>68777254
Freedom of association was banned in 1965.
>>
>>68781303
If these companies constitute monopolies, then them leaving just leaves it open for small business to come in, leaving nothing for you to bitch about.
>>
>>68776280

They can, it's not even that hard to do. The entire internet runs on 8 different super router locations. All they have to do is block the smaller ones from Georgia.
>>
>>68780827
Normies are already pissed at Disney about outsourcing saying people won't care about this at all is kind of ignorant considering a big part of politics right now is jobs.
>>
The only reason any of those companies would actually leave Georgia over a law like that is if they were already leaving anyway.
>>
>>68781606
Exactly. The government shouldn't have the power to put these regulations in place.

I think we're agreeing but I'm not sure.
>>
>>68781621

i didn't even read OP, i'm just replying your commie ways
>>
>>68781477

A non-argument rejoinder to a non-argument reply (no true scotsman). Fitting.
>>
>>68776106
Wait, aren't all these companies in areas who voted against him anyway?
>>
>>68780982

I'll probly have to move to a state that's still southern

Then Georgia will economically collapse because you voted for the Democrats, and you'll follow me looking for work and then start voting for Democrats, beginning the cycle anew

Either that or Trump follows through on his promise to remove taco and we end the demoshit scourge by cutting out their illegal voting supply
>>
File: 1382820416325.jpg (86 KB, 464x787) Image search: [Google]
1382820416325.jpg
86 KB, 464x787
>>68780184
I think /pol/ has evolved and doesn't consider free market the ultimate ideal again.

After reading Bertrand de Jouvenel, Jaime Guzmán, Michael Novak and Carlist literature from Spain I realized that the free market is not an end, it's merely a mean towards which civil society can achieve independence. If free market is being used to crush the independence of civil society, as it's being done nowadays by such metacapitalists who have been instrumentalized by the cultural mindset of communists, then the free market must be destroyed by political action.

Unfortunately, the right, not in the United States, not anywhere in the Western world, doesn't have the strenght to pull that. I blame William F. Buckley for purging the John Birch Society from mainstream conservative, but anyway, we are now defenseless against totalitarianism from the left. With the support from both the intellitengtsia and big corporations they can do what they want.
>>
>>68781807

The government needs the power to regulate. Without regulations, we wouldn't have any safety. You have no idea how many regulations we have in place regarding all things from automobiles to electrical installations, without which things would be time bombs. It's the corporations which shouldn't have power to lobby.
>>
>>68781670

Disney was different because they were outsourcing. Time Warner, Coke, etc. are moving else where in the country. Assuming it's zero-sum, it's actually great for other parts of the country that they're leaving Georgia to move to civilized parts of the country.
>>
>>68776106
Do they want to get married inside of a church now?
>>
>>68776106
>Companies leaving states because those areas have a right to decline service to homosexuals
>While continuing to distribute their products and services in countries, such as Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates and Indonesia, that not only denies the existence of homosexuals, but actively arrests or executes those they find who are.
Either these Corporations are consistent with their policies on an international level, or they're shown to be hypocrites, using this only as a marketing move to further their corporate interests.
>>
>>68781529
This bill would grant anyone in Georgia the freedom to abstain from serving or doing business with others if it would go against their "religious beliefs" to do so, without fear of getting prosecuted for discrimination.

The most common iteration of this is that business owned by Christians, or Christian public servants, could refuse to serve gays based on their religious belief that homosexuality is immoral.

It would also make it illegal for municipalities to pass laws circumventing this freedom.

Companies are opposed to it because they're trying to look progressive and give the impression that they think the ability to refuse people service based on their sexual orientation is discriminatory and should remain illegal.
>>
>>68782010
>The government needs the power to regulate. Without regulations, we wouldn't have any safety.

The role of the US government is to guarantee you freedoms, not safety.
>>
>>68781818
How is letting companies do what they want when they disagree with a government being commie?
>>
>>68781427

Faggots and Obama's justice department havr been suing into oblivion any business that fails to suck their cocks in a timely enough fashion, across the country

State legislation which attempts to impede this is a good thing
>>
>>68782239
Oh so we should disband the military then?
>>
Not muh Disney!

They are the biggest pushers of degeneracy and deviancy.

They seek out the minorest of muh oppressed minorities when hiring. If you're a gay black female muslim-jew you're at the front of the line.
>>
I've never really understood the whole argument around this. I've always been under the assumption that a business could refuse service to anyone for whatever reason they feel like.
>>
>>68781998
> the free market is not an end, it's merely a mean towards which civil society

Even if the modern interpretation of the ideology has been corrupted, shouldn't the ideal be pursed because it allows for the great possible amount of freedoms and by pursing these freedoms allows for the largest amount of justice?
>>
>>68782316

being called commie, socialist, leftist, etc. on /pol/ is just a meme anymore, it doesn't have any bearing on anything
>>
What's wrong with this law exactly?
>>
>>68782146
If you believe everyone of those jobs are going to stay in the country after a mass restructuring you are delusional.
>>
>>68782421
It's been a meme all over America for decades now
>>
>>68782187
> thinks he's smart for realizing it's a marketing move
> everyone else already knows this
>>
>>68782390
Yeah we could ancap it.
>>
File: votefornobody.jpg (219 KB, 1672x1047) Image search: [Google]
votefornobody.jpg
219 KB, 1672x1047
>Disney, Time Warner, the NFL, Microsoft, Google, Coca-Cola and more are all threatening to pull out of Georgia
What are companies looking to make the most money?
They will never abandon a market for your feelings. They might move a small number of headquarter jobs, but they do that all the time as soon as they find somewhere cheaper to go. Nothing but an empty threat for a little misguided PR. If they thought the religious community could organize a boycott of their products they would abandon their LBGTwhatevers and swing the other way fast enough to make heads spin.
>>
>>68782453
nothing, just m-muh feels
>>
Will this affect Adult Swim?
>>
>>68781164

I don't think that would bother me much.

Timewarner is way worse than bing
>>
>>68782414

Only when it doesn't hurt the feelings of a "protected class" to do so

The black civil rights movement paved the way for 21st century queerocracy, God only knows what the gay agenda is paving the way for, at least pedophilia
>>
>>68782390
Although the Constitution specifically lays out provisions for national defense. >>68782537
>>
>>68780196
open borders
>>
>>68780759
>>68780759
and, you know, hospital visits. Kind of important.
>>
>>68781998
I'm right there with you re: The John Birch society. I live near the John Birch society's headquarters and this area really is a bastion of capitalism. No degeneracy to be seen anywhere... funny thing is all these same companies pulling out of Georgia have a strong presence here.
>>
File: 1380758285150.png (649 KB, 620x620) Image search: [Google]
1380758285150.png
649 KB, 620x620
>>68776106
>Companies are allowed to starve a state that wants freedom

Looks like i'm using

Duckduckgo
Dr. Pepper
Linux
Netflix
and Major League Baseball (seriously, fuck gay eggball)

And only kikes and brainwashed idiots watch disney.
>>
>>68782544
The majority of the country already favors LGBT freedoms over religious ones. These companies have already seen the wind shift and are responding appropriately.
>>
>>68782929

So why not protest hospitals, who set visitation policy?
>>
File: 100 100 100.png (300 KB, 496x345) Image search: [Google]
100 100 100.png
300 KB, 496x345
>>68776106
>Disney, Time Warner, the NFL, Microsoft, Google, Coca-Cola and more

I cant wait until these companies are under Trump's thumb.
>>
Some people ITT:
>Liberals are hypocrites for liking socially-responsible companies

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
>>
File: 1458335898110.jpg (57 KB, 419x637) Image search: [Google]
1458335898110.jpg
57 KB, 419x637
>>68776106
>Anonymous (ID: WDp3RvOe) 03/25/16(Fri)13:16:06 No.68
I WAS A GOOGLE BOI BUT NOW I'M A YAHOO LAD.
>>
>>68782417
the free market can only properly work when 2 criteria are met
> the consumers in the market are informed
> the consumers in the market make rational decisions

there are certain areas where a completely free market simply doesn't work because those criteria are not met
>>
>people can't shut the fuck up and do their job
>accuses others of "feelings"

gets funnier every time i read it
>>
>>68783073
You don't fuck with the people who might one day be stitching you up
>>
File: 553387db57a8b7d67d4258dd130e30d5.jpg (215 KB, 1050x1419) Image search: [Google]
553387db57a8b7d67d4258dd130e30d5.jpg
215 KB, 1050x1419
>>68783060
>not already using linux and drinking dr.pepper
>>
>>68783285
>certain areas
>... Georgia
>>
>>68783491
not geographic areas, you fucking nerd
>>
>>68779729
oh look someone who read the bill
>>
>>68781461
and then they can freely lose the georgia market too. good for them. i hope they do it.
>>
>>68783564
Are you saying that consumers in Georgia are informed and act rationally?
>>
>>68783737
"areas" is not meant to be taken geographically, it references certain markets in every day life
>>
>>68779729
Speaking as someone in favor of marriage equality, that's complete overreach. Your rights end where someone else's begin, and freedom of religion is pretty basic to the constitution.
>>
>>68783679
>believes consumers in Georgia are aware/care enough to stop using the products of these companies

cute
>>
>>68776106

>Disney
Jew race-mixing propaganda for kids

> Time Warner
Jews

> NFL
Nigger thugs chasing a ball around

> Microsoft
Who cares about Windows 10 upgrade pop-ups?

>Google
kek

>Coca-Cola
Basement dweller's sugar water

Cool story, OP.
>>
>>68783285
Isn't the whole idea that free market is sufficiently large with so many variables that can override these criteria?
>>
>>68783240
>putting tens of thousands of people out of work over a disagreement about fag wedding cakes
>socially responsible
>>
>>68783937
The pressure comes from them employing a lot of Georgians.
>>
>>68783240

If a handful of major companies had threatened to withdraw from Massachusetts in the mid-2000s if they went through with legalized gay marriage, what do you think the average liberal response would be
>>
>>68778853
No, suburban and urban Atlanta is black and poor as fuck.
>>
>>68783964
Then that idea is wrong. Look at the cosmetics industry. It is essentially a free market, but it is dominated by advertisement and the consumers (women) spend a lot of money on useless low quality goods.
>>
>>68776106
>Disney, Time Warner, the NFL, Microsoft, Google, Coca-Cola and more are all threatening to pull out of Georgia if the religious liberty bill becomes law
I wish they'd pull out of Canada too. Georgia should feel blessed
>>
>>68783823
You might want to be more specific. Georgia still seems like a market to me.
>>
>>68783911

Yeah, well, we warned you this was the logical conclusion of gay acceptance. Your side insisted that was a slippery slope fallacy and would never happen, that gay marriage would never effect straight people at all, and yet here we are in this brave new SJW world
>>
File: brrr wut.png (1 MB, 497x576) Image search: [Google]
brrr wut.png
1 MB, 497x576
>>68780417
>>68780417
>>
Has someone told these people that without it, Priests and Ministers will be threatened and intimidated with violence for not doing things that violate their religious beliefs (something against the First Ammendment)?
>>
>>68784295
Well, sure, Georgia is a market, but I'm talking about certain industries or aspects of life, like immigration, education, etc.
>>
>>68783970
If fag wedding cakes are so inconsequential, then surely the state would value the jobs more and not pass the law?
>>
>>68783970

This. I cant believe liberals think they're job creators.
These fucks cut the entire nation's hours in half and they're proud of it.
>>
>>68776106
Danm good day to be a dawg.
>>
>>68784441
That happens anyway whenever you go against any angry group of people. Welcome to the 21st century.
>>
>>68784329
How is it affecting straight people?

You think baking a cake is going to send you to hell?
>>
>>68783413

Yeah, definitely the easiest way to get hospital visitation rights was to force a redefinition of marriage on the other 98% of the population and not to ask hospitals to loosen their policy

Just like how there was absolutely *no* other way to secure inheritance to your bumchum aside from marriage

And how gays needed tax credits intended to subsidize reproduction
>>
>>68776853
If your "religious freedom" means basing a law that affects everyone regardless of their beliefs and lifestyles on your religion then yes.

Or does pol support shit like shariah law now?
>>
>>68784698
How did the redefinition affect the other 98% of America? Did they change the law from man-woman to ONLY man-man, woman-woman?
>>
>>68784329
I'll concede you were right about this. We are right about that bitch who wouldn't do her government-appointed job of issuing marriage certificates because of her religion.
If your religion interferes with your (taxpayer-funded) job, you are not qualified for that job.
>>
>>68776106
Oh no what ever will Georgia do without all those Jewish owned giant conglomerates?! Free market will fix it, other companies will fill their spot.
>>
>>68784597

If you refuse to participate in a gay weddings, that includes wedding planners, dressmakers being forced to make wedding dresses for men, and in one case the owner of a private farm in new York was fined $200,000 for not hosting a gay wedding on her private property

This is bullshit intended only to pave the way for forcing fag "marriage" into churches, which means ending religious freedom and de facto censorship of the Bible
>>
>>68776106
>Get corporations and big money out of politics!
>unless they agree with me then that means le current year!
>>
https://adflegal.org/detailspages/case-details/state-of-washington-v.-arlene-s-flowers-inc.-and-barronelle-stutzman

WAfag here, pls stay strong Georgia
It's too late for us
>>
>>68780184
As a NatSoc, corporations should be run for the national good. So fuck the free market.
>>
>>68784698
It was about freedom and principle too. It's funny you seem more mad about that than this.
>>
>>68776106
On the contrary, this is an example of corporations trying to bully a state government.
>>
>>68780184
Who is saying companies should be forced to do business in Georgia?
>>
>>68784857

It was redefined for everyone. The effect is in the lawsuits being used to ruin anyone who lets a little thing like religion spoil the gays' party
>>
>>68776106
This is what happens when your company is on the stock Market, Jews who control all the money are able to buy up biggest share's in the company and put themselves on the board of directors & effectively take over the company
>>
>>68777254
I don't think effective monopolies should be allowed this
>>
>>68781008

yeah you totally destroyed my argument with your well thought out reply
>>
>>68785124

Yeah because that "freedom and principle" was actually not about equality or freedum but about forcing faggotry down the throats of the silent majority and brainwashing an entire generation into SJW cucks

Well, congratulations, you succeded at turning the millennials into bernie supporters, a great victory for libertarianism
>>
File: rnc-logo.jpg (206 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
rnc-logo.jpg
206 KB, 1280x1280
>>68777452
>How the Republicans lost the Southern Strategy

The future of the American political realignment is going to look extremely weird. More importantly, the 'reddest' of Red States will be the first to turn. Then again, Trump voters alone won't carry the party, but Trump + other constituents will be the new majority.

It's so weird.
>>
>>68785014
When segregation ended, if you couldn't stand serving both blacks and whites, you quit your job and did something that didn't require you to.

If you can't stomach weddings for gays, get out of doing weddings. Not that fucking hard.

The religious right is to blame for this shit. They're the ones who gave marriage (the religious institution) government benefits. If they wanted to keep it out of the hands of the government, they shouldn't have shoved their way into the government to begin with.

When you make the government put aspects of your religion into law, don't be surprised when aspects of the law reciprocate into your religion.
>>
>>68784491
>These fucks cut the entire nation's hours in half and they're proud of it.

when did that happen
>>
>>68777254

I was referring to the sign held by the cuck in OP's picture desu fåm
>>
Do you europoors have a bill like this?
>>
>>68784136
confirmed for either not living in Georgia or just being a complete fucking retard. Southwest Atlanta is the Congo, Midtown/Buckhead and the northern/eastern suburbs are extremely wealthy areas.
>>
>>68785517
>what are civil unions for 500 alex
>>
>>68776731
/thread
>>
>>68785517
>When you make the government put aspects of your religion into law, don't be surprised when aspects of the law reciprocate into your religion.

That makes not the slightest bit of sense. Separation of church and state was meant to protect the church from the state, not vice versa
>>
The fuck is the bill about? Fag marriage or what?
>>
>>68785517
You may be morally right, but Liberals are just as bad as the Religious Right. For instance, there a restaurants in LA that refuse to serve Trump Voters. But you don't hear lefties complain about this, do you?

http://www.westword.com/news/donald-trump-voters-told-they-cant-rent-colorado-peace-activists-apartment-7723679

Liberals discriminate too. They just aren't called on it as much. Personally, I'm for the no discrimination argument.
>>
>>68776106
Big fucking deal, microsoft leaves they get linux or apple, or pirate their shit as any reasonable person do, not even sure if google can "leave", maybe geoblock, but they can use proxies, or other search engine, nfl, like anyone really care abot the nigger football league, at least they don't have to deal with the noise and garbage and traffic they create, and if coca cola leaves, they just get healhier, they would not dare to leave, because then people would have statistics about health upgrades compared against the coca cola fat states.
>>
>>68780329
>that .jpg
Seems alright to me, I'd much rather be pissing peas than fire-ants.
>>
>>68785776

>>68781097
>>
>>68785851
The bill allows religious officials and faith-based organizations to deny services when doing so would violate a "sincerely held religious belief." Critics say it enshrines discrimination against gays and lesbians.
>>
>>68785666

They would be fined and imprisoned just for proposing it, at least outside slavland
>>
>>68776106
haha what the fuck fuck those corporations
>>
>>68776106
>This is what it looks like when you're on the wrong side of history.
It looks more like a prelude to the civil war to be honest.
>>
>>68785883
is there lead in the water in Hungary or are you all just fucking stupid? All their products will still be available. They're threatening to pull their offices out and put Georgians out of jobs in an effort to influence the governor the veto the bill.
>>
>>68778857
Find where it says seperation of church and state in the constitution.
>>
>>68776106
>NFL ever being dumb enough to lose out on falcon money
Others maybe but I find it hard to believe the NFL would ruin their division and business in the country over gays which a majority of the athletes in the NFL don't even like out of religious and of course prestigious reasons

They're too Jewish for that
>>
File: 1454804706071.gif (2 MB, 750x396) Image search: [Google]
1454804706071.gif
2 MB, 750x396
>>68785952
Jesus Christ that's all? I don't even care about fags getting married one way or another, but this is genuinely an issue? If someone doesn't want to marry so fags that's their choice, same as its any fags choice to get married. What a retarded thing to even waste time on, the way it's being talked about you would think Georgia was banning gays entirely or something, what a joke.
>>
>>68780184
not everyone here is a libertarian or capitalist. capitalism leads to degeneracy and immigration.
>>
>>68784490
So you acknowledge then that you are essentially claiming the most pressing human rights issue in American right now, that deserves a coordinated response by multiple international corporations, is 1% of the population experiencing a mild inconvenience while pastry shopping?

You are why I am voting for Trump.
>>
>>68776106
>allowing corporations to dictate how you should be governed
>this is somehow the "right" side of history
>>
>>68786558

its actually the free market working

corporations aren't dictating anything in this scenario
>>
>>68777452
the base of the GOP was never pro -capitalist. they were just lied to and manipulated to vote for corporate interests. you will see this change though now that most populist republican voters are gonna vote more in line with New Dealer type platforms. the free market destroyed the white race in fact.
>>
>>68785952
They can have their civil union but faggots have no right to force a religion to accept them for marriage.

They keep trying to word this whole battle into tricking the dumbass general public into thinking Christian marriage is a human right.
>>
>>68785861
That makes them assholes, but like churches, they're private businesses so they should have that choice
It's all one way or all the other.
>>
>>68777452
Microsoft should be purged. They are the most evil monopoly on the planet. They and facebook are the apotheosis of the economic jew, and I generally reject 99% of anti-semitic conspiracy drivel.
>>
>>68786251
No lead in the water, but the wines are pretty strong. Yeah I guessed as soon as a posted, but still a few thousand jobs leaving is not that big a deal. The companies should not have a say in state legistlature.
>>
>>68785893
those are clearly army ants he's pissing, look how high they jump
>>
>>68782929
There were legal ways to do that without gay marriage.

If it was really just about hospital visits and rights, you wouldn't see people harassing private business about cakes or using private property.

Honestly, the government shouldn't be involved in marriage affairs anyway.
>>
>>68786668
the overwhelming majority of americans are neither pro nor anti gay marriage. they are apathetic. people wont care if your business caters to gays or not. its the corporations who have alot of gay CEO's in them or ties to gays who are pushing it. Years ago the corporations were bound by what the church said but now the elites up high secularized Americans enough that we are apathetic to it.
>>
File: 1382116120523.jpg (38 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
1382116120523.jpg
38 KB, 365x450
>fag enablers mad as hell
>>
>>68780045
And everysing is ow u zay, up zee anus

video unrelated
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTM40o3WgZo
>>
>>68780518
Don't you know the current year?
>>
>>68786857
No, no they shouldn't, it kind of makes marriage a joke, and a rather Cucked affair all together if we are being honest.
>>
>>68780045
>religion at home
don't kid yourself. i could walk down anyside street in paris and be blocked by hundreds of praying muslims on their knees in public.
>>
>>68779729
>>68779729

Marriage may be a religious ceremony, but there are far too many non religious, government benefits to being married. By not allowing gays to get married you are not allowing them to get the same benefits a married couple would have (tax breaks, property interests, future property interests etc...). You can make the argument that they can introduce a separate way for gays to be legally enjoinedand receive the same benefits, but until that happens you can't disallow them the same benefits as everyone else

Also, not selling products to gays is not infringement on religious freedom, it's just another way of discriminating against them. Making the argument that business interactions with gays violates religious freedom seems silly to me. You opened a business, you are operating in a business capacity when you are working at said business.

There was literally cases just like this during the civil rights movements when store owners refused to serve black people. I doubt this will turn out any differently.
>>
File: roosevelt.jpg (64 KB, 600x386) Image search: [Google]
roosevelt.jpg
64 KB, 600x386
>>68786705
Right. We need to be consistent and not selectively apply rules, which Liberals are very guilty to do.

>>68786675
Yeah. The 19th Century is coming back really soon. Corporate is going to fucking hate it, because without the Southern Strategy their base becomes only half as large, if even that. Comparatively, 19th Century 'Globalists' were the ones championing Social Liberalism, if you could believe it (compare that to Bush and Reagan.)
>>
>>68786682
For true.
I had an obnoxious "wiccan" friend when I was younger, his parents were alright, if not a little too preachy. Anyway, they were proud of their ringless "civil union", they didn't want to participate in marriage because it was a Christian ordeal, as well as a, in their tinfoil witch-hunt-holocaust mindset, a way for the government to keep tabs on them.

While the gays feel like they're fighting for their own rights, we all know it's just the Jews using useful idiots to fight against Christianity.
>>
>>68786705
>like churches, they're private businesses

Churches enjoy tax exempt status which is why people think it's ok for the government to bully them around.
>>
File: 1452203347958s.jpg (4 KB, 199x250) Image search: [Google]
1452203347958s.jpg
4 KB, 199x250
Will of the people or will of the corporations.
>>
Why is everyone so obsessed with sodomy?
>>
>>68786889

pushing what exactly

government passed the law
>>
>>68787211
"Marriage", whatever that really means, has been framed as some sort of universal human right.

But only bigamy between two consenting adults.
>>
>>68787211
Jews.
>>
>>68787091
I see the corporations going all progressive. you will see the Dems become the capitalist party but use identity politics as a shield. Obamacare was heralded as "progressive" when it is the single most corportist law in US history. If Dems really wanted to be leftist they would have done Single Payer instead. Whites were stabbed in the back by free market capitalism.
>>
>>68776106
lmao
Indiana passed the RFRA and they didn't turn into Nazi Germany like everyone was predicting.
I don't see why Georgia would be any different
>>
>>68780003
oh fuck dis some genius shit rite hurr
>>
>>68787061
But that's ok if muslims do it, how tolerant in 2016
>>
>>68787084
This is becoming more about a battle between Wall Street vs Dixieland, rather than even about Gay Rights. The fallout is going to be real fucking ugly for Wall Street now that the dye is cast.

BTW. Dixieland is different than Appalachia although its hard to get this across unless you travel the borders between them.

>>68787456
Yes. And it'll work great for them. I bitch about alot of things. And I mean. A-L-O-T. But I recognize a winning strategy when I see one, which is why I only say good things about the Dems. They are the only Globalists who are actually winning.
>>
>>68787214
you saw how every corporation had a rainbow flag on their social media accounts? gay pride or latino pride or black pride can be used to get these people to buy shit. white pride is so taboo that they cant make money off it so had politicians paid to pass laws or to get SCOTUS judges appointed who agree with gay marriage. Obama is not no leftist. he is W in black face in fact.
>>
>>68786930
That video, that is why you guys are kings of the bantz.
>>
>>68778096

> I live in Georgia

With a statement as dumb as yours, you're obviously lying. Or maybe you live near the Alabama border. Atlanta is OUTRAGEOUSLY proud of their corporate headquarters. Hell, Georgia Tech has the only Pizza Hut in the world because they refused to stab Coke in the back. I was a consultant for a decade in Atlanta and a Tech grad, and regardless of their political opinion EVERY professional I met thought that having Atlanta be such a corporate stronghold was a huge part of what made it great. Grow up when you have a real opinion.
>>
>>68776988
Well if you get rid of Atlanta you get rid of the liberal problem.
>>
>>68787465

using indiana as an example of sensible laws is pretty fucking retarded

just look up the latest abortion stunt they pulled
>>
>>68787767

* Pizza Hut that serves coke
>>
>>68787767
>Georgia Tech has the only Pizza Hut in the world
Wha...
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.