[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WHAT A FUCKING MASSIVE FAILURE CAN THE GOVERNMENT DO ANYTHING RIGHT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8
File: factshurtmyfeelings.gif (38 KB, 1110x768) Image search: [Google]
factshurtmyfeelings.gif
38 KB, 1110x768
WHAT A FUCKING MASSIVE FAILURE

CAN THE GOVERNMENT DO ANYTHING RIGHT
>>
>>68683255
No. You started importing immigrants since the 70's.
>>
>>68683255
>measuring a population in terms of absolute number over a period of 50 years.

Why dont you revise the chart to show it as a percentage of the total population
>>
>>68684374
yeah sure because all the sudden we got 1 billion people in the US

shut the fuck up schlomo
>>
File: violent crime.png (71 KB, 1000x743) Image search: [Google]
violent crime.png
71 KB, 1000x743
>b-but only non-violent stoners are put in jail!

we put away a fuckton of criminal niggers and crime rate declined dramatically

problem?
>>
>>68683255
there are people who unironically want the give the government more control over healthcare.
>>
>>68684868
Decline in crime has more to do with the ban on lead in all kinds of stuff.
And maybe abortions too.
>>
>>68684868
>>68683255
This.

Sentencing was relaxed across the western world from the late 50s. Crime rates exploded and then sentencing went up in the 80s. Since then crime has declined gently but the size of prison populations has increased.
>>
>>68683255
You guys should declare a war on peace, that should fix things.
>>
>>68684625
Are you retarded, or do you know nothing about math or statistics?
Look at your own chart
In 1980, the prison population was 500,000. Or 0.27% of the US population.
In 2010 the prison population was 2 million. Or 0.64% of the US population.

So the prison population as a percentage of the total population has roughly tripled in the past 50 years.

Guess what other populations have tripled in the past 50 years?
>>
>>68683255
Awesome,
The investment has held down the drug addiction figure.
>>
>>68685205
Top Kek. Underrated
>>
>>68685631
USA prison pop is so high because of minimum sentences.
If prison/jail stays were as long as the average sentence time for an Western Euro country prison pop would be much lower.
>>
>>68685631
way to completely butcher that lad

WEW
E
W

care to take another jab at it?

>1970 -205M ppl in US
>2010 -309M ppl in US

>240,000 ppl in prison
>2.75M ppl in prison
>>
>>68685631
>DO I KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT MATH

WEW
E
W
>>
>>68685631
>Roughly tripled
2.3 times.
Versus the prison population growth of 4.0 times, general population growth is outracing prison population.
>>
>>68685631
desu i think math involves numbers but im not sure
>>
>THIS IS JUST BECAUSE THE POPULATION INCREASED
>>
File: Federal_timeline_US_prisoners.gif (19 KB, 686x459) Image search: [Google]
Federal_timeline_US_prisoners.gif
19 KB, 686x459
>I THINK MORE PEOPLE SHOULD BE JAILED
>>
File: tricia-nixon.jpg (37 KB, 400x527) Image search: [Google]
tricia-nixon.jpg
37 KB, 400x527
>>68683255
Not a failure. You need to understand the objective. See what Nixon's right hand man said about it:

> I started to ask Ehrlichman a series of earnest, wonky questions that he impatiently waved away. “You want to know what this was really all about?” he asked with the bluntness of a man who, after public disgrace and a stretch in federal prison, had little left to protect. “The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.”
>>
>>68683255
Slavery is ok under the constitution for criminals. Majority of ppl in prison are niggers. Why the fuck don't we have them crammed into sweatshops.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.