[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Christian here. Why are the Christians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7
File: 45335.jpg (235 KB, 980x552) Image search: [Google]
45335.jpg
235 KB, 980x552
Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Christian here.

Why are the Christians in Egypt receiving not much help or recognition? We're prosecuted throughout Egypt by the filthy Muslim.

They're killing us, destroying our churches, our graves, our statues and so on.

What do the Catholics, Protestants and the other branches think about the Coptic Orthodox Church?
>>
>>68676803
I thought the government was cracking down on groups like the muslim brotherhood.
>>
File: 1458462620787.jpg (24 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1458462620787.jpg
24 KB, 300x300
>>68676803
Here's the reason you're getting no help.

Also, I think you guys are based, I have much admiration for you truly ancient Christian communities.
>>
>>68676803

Christians are Christians and we should do what we can to help prevent their genocide
>>
>>68676803
Christians should get their own state. Maybe we should annex Lebanon and slowly wear down Israel to make a Christian state.
>>
I thought everything was god's will.
fucking christfags don't know theirr own horseshit religion.
>>
>>68676803
Copts are true Egyptians
Love you guys, Eastern Greek Orthodox here.
>>
no one cares about your shit-tier heresy, let alone shitskins
>>
>>68676803
Nobody cares about filthy fucking Egyptians. You should go back.
>>68676990
This is the problem with you Christians. No, foreigners don't matter. They deserve whatever they get.
>>
Because the West, espacially Democrats in teh US and Liberals in Canada have always taken the side of islam. They are a bunch of bitches bought off by saudi and zionist jew money.
>>
>>68676803
persecution = power + prejudice

christians have all the power and therefore they can't be persecuted
>>
Religion is for fags to be frank.
>>
>>68677355

Yeah I guess we should just let Muslims wipe out Christianity in the middle east. That's going to work out great for us.
>>
>>68676803
>Why are the Christians in Egypt receiving not much help or recognition
Actually persecution of coptic christians is mentioned quite often in sermons. However I have no idea what is the scale of actual help done by polish catholic clergy.
>>
>>68677586
>Catholics
>Helping other Christians
Nah, it will never happen
>>
The pope would rather indulge his foot fetish with terrorists.
>>
File: 1457093525478.jpg (855 KB, 2256x2814) Image search: [Google]
1457093525478.jpg
855 KB, 2256x2814
>>68676803
>What do the Catholics, Protestants and the other branches think about the Coptic Orthodox Church?

I think that your entire population (and all other Christians in the Middle East) should be evacuated to the mainland United States. Here, after a security screening, all of your people will be given permanent residency status. In time, your entire population will become citizens as your children are born on our soil.

That is what I think about you.
>>
>>68676803
Same reason why the Christian Assyrians/Syriacs and all other religious minorities in the ME aint getting any love.

No one cares when we have poor mudslimes dying from killing eachother ;^(
>>
>>68677708
You'd be surprised.
>>
>>68677708
true. not happened in 1453, it is not going to happen now.
>>
>>68678427
Only for the Vatican's benefits (like the Crusades, which eventually didn't help us)
>>
>>68678715
>inter-religious cooperation
>medieval ages
Pick one. I was talking about the modern times.
>>
>>68676803
Sending some love to our coptic bros from ACOE church

t. assyriabro
>>
File: H2FrspC.jpg (121 KB, 960x600) Image search: [Google]
H2FrspC.jpg
121 KB, 960x600
>>68676803
>>
>>68678993
Our freemason clergy intermingling with your freemason clergy isn't exactly any help...
>>
File: h45.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2006) Image search: [Google]
h45.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2006
>>68677240
I know we're "shitskins", but our behavior and values differ enormously from those of Muslims.

The reason Arabs have such a bad reputation, is because of Islamic values and culture.

I believe that we, Arabs, should NOT enter the West. But I think that we should receive help to dethrone the Islamic influence.

Middle Eastern Christians are a more traditional version of Western people. Our behavior is more conservative than those of the West, but we're not savages like the Muslims.

We're united through Christianity, but we should all have our own turf. We shouldn't live in the West. We should reclaim a Christian Middle East and prosper, bringing it to new heights.

Islam is a cancer to the world.
>>
>>68676803
>Egyptian Coptic Orthodox Christian here.

The most persecuted of peoples, to be honest.
>>
>>68679289
>your freemason clergy
I dunno about the greek church but ours consider freemasonry as the embodiment of all evil.
>>
>>68676803
>What do the Catholics, Protestants and the other branches think about the Coptic Orthodox Church?

Very old branch of christianity, based people, true egyptian, Bearded Pope, and Three conciles church if i'm not wrong.
>>
>>68679999
Yeah...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcpVrtv2t-M
>>68679532
Copts are the true Egyptians, sure some might be arabs, but like the medieval Ghassanids, they were based.
>>
>>68680249
Even the top comments explain this shit...
>>
>>68680563
Even the top comment explains how the other comments are wrong.

The Vatican is the whore of Babylon, accept it.
>>
>>68680822
We must be seeing a different comments sections then.

>The Vatican is the whore of Babylon, accept it.
Watch out with that edge.
>>
>>68681087
Fuck off with your cuckold heresy
Your whole "Pope is infallible" bullshit was based on a forged document
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donation_of_Constantine
Also, it's "on this rock I will build my church", your shit translation confused the word "πέτρα" which is feminine and it's meaning is rock, with the masculine "Πέτρος" which is Peter.

Catholicism debunked with two simple arguments.
>>
>>68681433
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papal_infallibility
>This doctrine was defined dogmatically in the First Vatican Council of 1869–1870
>>
Orthodox and Catholic "Christians" aren't, in my idiot murrican opinion and experience, Christians in the (King James) biblical sense of the term because they WORSHIP MARY THE MOTHER OF JESUS/BLESSED VIRGIN/HOLY MOTHER/QUEEN OF HEAVEN/SOPHIA AS GOD/A GOD WHEN THIS EXPLICITLY IS REFERRED TO BIBLICAL AS IDOL/FALSE GOD WORSHIP!!!

There are PLENTY of quotes by Catholic priests, and even the current head of the Jesuit society, saying ridiculous un-biblical things like "the only way into heaven is through the approval of the blessed virgin and by no other" etc etc. The bible says Jesus is the way, the truth, and the light, He is one with the Father, and the ONLY straight+narrow way to heaven.

Now, admittedly I know zero about Orthodox Christianity and what they worship, doctrine, etc BUT I've seen plenty of testimony by Arab orthodox christians who've had loved ones killed by ISIS and they will say things like how the "blessed virgin" came to them in their dreams to tell them that their deceased loved ones were rejoicing in heaven. If the bible is to be believed, then these are either total lies or the products of demonic manifestations.

Of course this may be a sect of orthodox christianity not representative of the whole but its still concerning. Once again I don't claim to know jack shit about orthodox christianity, just wanted to straighten people out on catholicism and its ridiculously unbiblical foundations (I mean, the pope said Atheists, as long as they do good in life, can get into heaven when the bible says that salvation isnt through works but grace in addition to BELIEVEING God exists).
>>
>>68681929
Which goes to my second point, that the first Pope was Saint Peter, which in the verse, it's actually rock not Peter.
>>68682015
They don't worship Mary, they praise Mary as the Theotokos (she who gave birth to God),
>Now, admittedly I know zero about Orthodox Christianity and what they worship, doctrine, etc
That's the problem, fuck off Protecuck.
>>
>>68682015
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ7Y_eFq6l8
Please realise that Protestantism claims to fall back to the Biblical traditions, whereas these exist in the Eastern Orthodox Church, an unchanged Church since the first Church.
>>
>>68681433
>>68682205
I don't get your argument. The verse goes like this:
>And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church (...).
Every translation I google seem to mention Peter and then the rock. What is the issue?
>>
>>68682205
Jesus fuck, get a fucking life, you religious piece of shit.
>>
>>68682015
Here's the time-specific link to the quote in the report about relatives of egyptian copts killed by ISIS being visited by Mary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc7z1zANE5A&t=7m38s

I admit I didn't exactly asses this thoroughly enough, because the woman says that "she's (Mary) come to offer condolences" and nothing more. Take it as you will.
>>
>>68682686
Catholics believe that Peter is the Rock, whereas the actual translation states that "on this rock" doesn't mean Peter, but the Earth.
>>68682733
>like uhh get a fuckin life you loser
>>/r/eddit is the place for you
>>
>>68676803
Are you white? West only gives a shit when you're white.
>>
>>68683101
>the actual translation states that "on this rock" doesn't mean Peter, but the Earth.
As opposed to Mars?
>I name you the rock because this is the rock but you, you're not the rock, even though I'm naming you it
Epic.
>>
>>68676803
I'm a catholic and i really know little (nothing) about your church.

I do think its criminal that Christian genocide in the middle east and north Africa gets little to know media attention or american "freedom" interventions.
>>
>>68676803
Orthodox Christians are precious as members of the original church and defenders of the Holy Tradition. They should be protected at all costs.

I wasn't aware that this persecution was occurring in Egypt, but if it is, it's time for regime change.

And I say this as a gay agnostic btw
>>
>>68683352
He's not naming him the rock, but he's building his Church UPON the rock, which is the earth, the soil, the ground.
>inb4 le Mars lelll I got him now xD
>>
I blame the jew media muffling Christian persecution and showing mudslimes instead
>>
>>68683672
>He's not naming him the rock
The rest of the new testament refers to him as Peter, before that he was simon, so he was named a rock. You're saying no, he wasn't
>he earth, the soil, the ground.
>>inb4 le Mars lelll I got him now xD
What the fuck would the point be in changing the subject to the ground in context of renaming Simon?
>>
Most people aren't that Christian here anymore. My grandma's baptist church actually used to do shit and talk about Christians in Egypt. Dunno that much about it though, haven't been there in a long ass time. Basically, only fundamentalist Christians actually give a shit about their religion funny enough.
>>
>>68684146
He was renamed as Peter, not because he himself was the Church, but he would eventually be part of said Church, based on the earth.
>>
>>68684542
>He was renamed as Peter, not because he himself was the Church, but he would eventually be part of said Church
So why aren't we all named Peter then, and why make the change in the context of building the church?
>>
>>68683101
Yes, you muslim cumdumpster, plebbit is just the right place for your religious buttfuckery.
>>
File: coptic_2381673b.jpg (69 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
coptic_2381673b.jpg
69 KB, 620x387
>>68676803
Catholic here. Coptics are absolute and total bro tier.
http://www.catholicherald.co.uk/news/2015/02/17/pope-francis-hails-murdered-coptic-christians-as-martyrs/
>>
>>68679532

I agree. I'm descended from Christian and Jewish Middle Easterners. It's very evident that it's Islam that destroyed the Middle East. Even today, Arab Christians are less than 5% of the total Arab population, yet they make up 80-90% of intellectual figures among Arabs. Muslims have indeed ruined the reputation of Middle Easterners.
>>
>>68676803
>Enjoyed centuries of protection and prosperity under the Caliphate
>At the first opportunity, support nationalism and try to deliver the country to the first foreign power that appears
>Were surprised when its demographics collapses, its numbers fall, chaos reigns and persecution begins, in the course of the twentieth century.

You dug your grave, idiot. Now crawl to the West.

The West that incinerated the Coptic See twice, and stole the relics of Saint Mark of Alexandria.

You deserve the obliteration of the face of the earth.
>>
>>68676960
That's exactly right. Op is full of shit, Sisi's mum is Jewish
>>
>>68676803
Lebanese Catholic Christian here.

I get especially pissed off because the U.S. shoves down our throats that Israel is our only ally when:

A. They have killed both Christian and Muslim civilians repeatedly in Lebanon.

B. The Lebanese Christian community is increasingly becoming estranged from the Muslim community, under accusations that the Christians betray their country to follow the West.

I also feel scared for my family and pissed off that the US and the Christian institutions ignore our existence and seem content to let us die out entirely so long as they can still force their narrative.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.