[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why should I keep my money in the bank again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
I can make more collecting cans.
>>
Your money in the bank is insured by the US government. But you can keep stacking up dollars in your basement if you want.
>>
You shouldn't keep all your money in a savings account, just enough for emergency. You don't have much though so it doesn't matter either way
>>
>>68641213
>certificate of deposit
>savings account

Pick one please
>>
>>68640691
Banks are good at protecting liquid assets you may need on short notice. If you don't think you will need $9000 on short notice, don't keep that much in the bank.

You could aquire some generational wealth. Something like gold or a quality firearm and some long shelf-life "just in case" ammo for it. Things that will still hold value even when your great grandkids are around.
>>
>>68640691
Probably get more from long term COD.
>>
>>68641339
I didn't even look at it that close either. Liquidate that shit, fuck only getting .1%
>>
>>68641443
>ammo
>still hold value even when your great grandkids are around.

Thant's not how gunpowder works.
>>
>>68640691
>>68641339
>inflation > interest
haha, you lost money, newbie.
>>>/biz/
>>
>>68641704
You can buy ammo that's sealed from the factory and specifically designed to be stored for long periods before use. You should probably rotate it more than every four generations, true. I really meant the rifle and gold should easily last that long.
>>
>>68642472
>/biz/
That's like telling someone to go to /b/ for life advice. He should read a book on investing.
>>
>>68640691
S&P500
>>
File: image.png (111 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.png
111 KB, 750x1334
>>68642472
Fug you're right!

So how the fuck do banks think they can get away with this shit?

Won't people eventually pull their money and cause the banks to fail?

Pic related is the current rates at my credit union
>>
>>68642755
What's wrong with /b/ giving life advice?
>>
>>68642755
don't knock /biz/, there's some solid advice buried in between the shitposts about doge coin and penny stock / forex scams
>>
>>68643133
What country are you?
>>
>>68643722
a rare one.
>>
>>68643133
>>68643875
Uncommon proxy in my thread
>>
>>68643133
holy shit I thought the T*rks genocided you?
>>
>>68643930
Not proxy
>>
>>68642937
You should take an economics class or at least browse some /pol/ recommended reading on economics.
Bank interest rates are based on rates set by the Federal Reserve. Theoretically, if the Fed Reserve lowers interest rates, then people will invest their money instead of saving it. Conversely, by raising interest rates, the Fed Reserve gets people to save their money in the bank for the higher interest instead of investing it.
Also, lower rates means more people borrowing money, particularly for construction. Most larger cities in the U.S. right now have skylines dotted with construction cranes, and the suburbs have lots of new housing developments in progress.
>>
>>68644131
well they did. Not entirely tho.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.