[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /pol/ think of The Boondocks? I think that it made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
What does /pol/ think of The Boondocks? I think that it made attempts to get black people to stop being such niggers, but it failed to do so when the creator stopped writing
>>
>>68628435
redpilled as fuck for the first three seasons.
Then some SJWs who didn't get that it was supposed to be satire of the real-world situation and not some 'This is what white people think' parody got a hold of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3XgpPhUEFE

Creators on why there aren't any black women in the show
>>
>>68629168
holy shit that's based
>>
>>68629431
Yeah, they're pretty level headed.

Yes, society has done a shit-ton to push Black people down in the past and we did kind of a shitty job resetting the board after we freed them/repealed Jim-Crow.
And yes, most institutions have prejudices about Black people and what they're like.
BUUUT, on average, Black people have done increasingly less and less to make a case for more respectful treatment and most of those prejudices are justified by some degree of real experience.

Helping the Black community means fixing the problems within and without.
>>
>>68628435
One of the best animated shows out there
>>
>>68628435

Something tells me Aaron McGruder (creator) supports Trump
>>
>>68628435
>>68629168
>redpilled
Black people loved that show because most of them identify with it. For some reason pol assumes the majority of black people are rowdy, violent, welfare monkeys. As if the distinction between class and culture(African American, Caribbean, African, Latino etc), are non existent.
The humor and themes are nothing new to black people. Only edgy white people would think it's 'redpilled'.

>source: I'm black as fuck.
>>
big commie overtones but still funny as hell in its earlier seasons and was often able to see the hypocrisy in the black community

uncle ruckus was the man https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRNCpD3xhsY
>>
>>68630476
>Helping the Black community
This is the problem they shouldn't be allowed to set up homogeneous communities in society its the same as immigrants coming and setting up their own communities and refusing to integrate the only difference is that blacks were already there. Anouther problem is that they have to be willing to integrate and thanks to the dems they have no such need or desire to do so.
>>
>mfw whites can't say shit about the meanings and criticisms of the show because we don't understand "da struggle"
>mfw people thing Huey was the level headed guy who knew how the world works, when in reality he was flawed as fuck and a character to point out the flaws of liberalism
>>
It was both cynical and funny but not heavy handed when being moralizing. Beautiful art and soundtrack as well.
>>
>>68628435

I enjoyed it. Great show!
>>
>>68631716
After World War 2 there's a GI housing bill that gave soldiers housing. There Where is a lot of black soldiers and the thought was if they spread them out they would trash the housing market because white people don't want to live next to Niggers
>>
>>68628435
Pretty good show. Haven't heard much about the newest season.
>>68629168
This pretty much. How the fuck SWJs can't understand it's satire is beyond me.

The MLK episode was one of the more boring ones. At least I thought when it aired.
It has since grown on me and became one of my favorites. McGruder can be pretty commie when it comes to certain points but dead when it comes to niggas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FR1LGsT7E
>>
>>68632697
What a mistake that was when you start mixing politics with race or religion all that will happen is public dissent. The fundamental part of national identity is unity if you start dividing your countrymen social cohesion will collapse. The west in general is guilty of allowing massive amounts of immigrants to enter that simply do not hold the same beliefs or have the same moral fiber as themselves and given them citizenship.
Blacks are in a unique position because they were 3rd class citizens rather than immigrants .
>>
Boondocks is great.

This is still the best part of the show for me. Put niggers in their place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5FR1LGsT7E
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.