[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me the IRA. where they as scary as ISIS is today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40
File: IRA_quote_by_ookami_no_getsuei.jpg (21 KB, 600x424) Image search: [Google]
IRA_quote_by_ookami_no_getsuei.jpg
21 KB, 600x424
Redpill me the IRA.
where they as scary as ISIS is today?
>>
>>68618274
they fought for a republic based of unity, unity of religion etc etc. so virtually the opposite of Isis.
>>
>>68618372
>based of unity
>unity of religion
literary the exact same thing what ISIS claims to be doing.
>>
>>68618457
I think the main difference between ISIS and the IRA is that ISIS wants a worldwide caliphate while the IRA wants/wanted only Ireland
>>
They weren't as indiscriminate and merciless but they were still stupid and, unarguably, evil. Contrary to the beliefs of Irish-Americans and Irish republicans, the IRA murdered many unarmed and innocent people for simply being; A) protestant or B) unionist. They would often kill police officers while they were off duty. My grandfather (former RUC) once told me of a time a colleague of his was dropping his daughter off to school, and his car blew up, killing both.

In short, the IRA aren't "muh freedom fighterz" as many would believe, but are in fact undemocratic morons with weapons.

Loyalist paramilitaries are just as shitty too.
>>
>>68618274
It's more complicated than it seems

The "IRA" of today and the IRA of 90+ years ago are different groups
>>
>>68618457
well no, it means that different religions put aside their differences in an Ireland of equals, you fucking retard.
>>
>>68618506
>>68618513
what about the fear part?
where the average european (or just brit) as scared of the IRA as they are of ISIS?
>>
>>68618598
>>68618274
For fuck sake you illiterate fuck, it's *were not where. As in were they just as scary as Isis is today.

>Where, place/location
>We're, past fucking tense
>>
>>68618597
>different religions
isnt it all christianity?
>>
>>68618698
Were* fucking auto correct
>>
>>68618598
When it came to bombs, the IRA were at least capable of phoning local police to tell them the location of a bomb as to limit civilian casualties and cause police ones instead.

However this didn't always work out, an example being the Omagh bombing.
>>
>>68618513
>Loyalist paramilitaries are just as shitty too.

they didn't blow up people indiscriminately and kill pregnant women.
>>
>>68618698
calm down you fucking kangaroo.
its just a spelling mistake.
i'm on my phone.
>>
>>68618598
Your average Brit didn't even give a shit about the shenanigans going on over there.
>>
>>68618768
>3 stanzas
>No capital letters
>Not using proper grammar

I'm starting to think Pakis didn't go to school
>>
>>68618742
>to limit civilian casualties
if they did not wanted to kill civilians then why bomb civilians places? why not just the government buildings?
>>
I still remember when those fuckers attacked some british checkpoint with a flamethrower

i was too young and for some reason I still remember it.
>>
>>68618765

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_and_Monaghan_bombings

The only thing loyalist paramilitaries achieved was bad publicity for the common sensed unionist majority.
>>
>>68618862
I speak 4 languages dipshit.
>kangaroo thinks people in Pakistan speak english as their first language
>>
>>68618705
well Catholicism and Protestantism but yeah
>>
I don't support them, but they do have some good music songs.
https://youtu.be/FCnGD6xv5ik
>>
>>68618947
>Implying I didn't already know that

Jumping straight to assumptions. Are all Pakis as stupid as you? Because all the ones I've met are pretty fucking dumb.
>>
>>68618867
Take the "limit civilian casualties" with a grain of salt. I believe they didn't give a shit about such casualties, but said they did in order to maintain decent publicity so that Gadaffi and braindead Irish-Americans could continue to fund them without feeling bad.
>>
>>68618765
Lol yeah they did. The uvf and uda did awful things to those farmers families, they also bombed pubs and churches.
>>
>>68618992
and cool accents.
>>
>>68619048
Gaddafi funded the IRA? really? how did the british not fuck him up for that?
>>
>>68618274
It started as a legitimate open war. Then after the treaty the factions split. Most of the stuff you hear about is from the "troubles" in Northern Ireland from post ww2 till the early to mid 80's. The bombings and shit. Unlike Isis they were trying to ratify their own country but the majority of the people in the north wanted to stay part of the U.K. It became a shit show on both ends then we got the cease fires. Every now and hen there's something but for the most part it's done.
>>
>>68619048
>Gadaffi
>caring about civilian casualties

He would have funded them anyways just because they were a thorn in the UK's side.
>>
>>68618867
Civilian attacks without casualties achieved two goals.
1) It got civilians to put pressure on the government to make a deal and negotiate peace.
2) It ensured less problems in negotiations later as the IRA had less blood on their hands than they could have had otherwise. Meant that there was no "Families of the slain" groups with hundreds of members fighting against peace and that releasing IRA members would be politically easy compared to otherwise.

The IRA knew their endgame was peace talks and the bombs were the breadcrumbs to getting the Brits there. They had good lines of communication going as well.

They still killed people but not on the scale they could have.
>>
My parents were living in London during the troubles, and they were scared for their lives. My mum was nearly the victim of a nail bomb placed in a bin. They weren't as bad as IS, only because they didn't want to take over the world. Fuck those potato niggers
>>
>>68619230
Yeah that cunt was behind Lockerbie
>>
>>68618274
Redpills are for faggots.

The IRA were a Marxist terrorist organization funded by the Soviets. They were only popular because the British/Protestants are retarded and kept antagonizing them. At this point it's just about bad blood and organized crime.

Every once in a while they'll accidentally kill a kid and get everyone to come down on them.
>>
>>68619230
It meant he had to internationally condemn the IRA's actions, like he did after they bombed the Enniskillen memorial service.
>>
>>68619280
>>68619230
why was Gadaffi funding them in the first place?
wasn't italy a better target for revenge?
>>
>>68619413
Saying one thing and doing another behind closed doors is still a very effective way to get things done.

I will accept the point that they avoided intentional civilian death for the idiots in America though.
>>
>>68619498
Gadaffi was a general shitstain on the world and quite possibly literally insane. He really didn't need a reason.
>>
>>68619498
To stick it to "colonialism" he wanted the French out of North Africa and took it out on the UK because he was retarded.

Hence why a coup was staged and he ended up getting his arse raped with an AK-47 and serrated dagger.

Just like the Bostonians got a taste of medicine during a marathon.

Just like the New Yorkers HQ for NORAID got a taste of its own medicine.

And heed this be a warning to anyone else that thinks about crossing us, you'll get yours eventually.
>>
It comes down to
>muh flegs
Yes flegs, it's retarded honestly. They had a reason for it, England had no real claim to their land other than >muh empire
And that's that. They wanted to be free and most of the country is. Nowadays it's become more about football violence. Celtic on the Irish side Rangers the Brit.
>>
File: 1450206251624.gif (304 KB, 3071x1613) Image search: [Google]
1450206251624.gif
304 KB, 3071x1613
>>68619643
>And heed this be a warning to anyone else that thinks about crossing us, you'll get yours eventually.

lel
>>
>>68619697
What the fucking fuck did I just read?
>>
>>68619764
>Holding onto costly clay
We want rid of Northern Ireland next, you going to take them?

What's that? You can't afford them? Oh dear...
>>
File: 1454538225152.jpg (23 KB, 507x640) Image search: [Google]
1454538225152.jpg
23 KB, 507x640
Murdered two children in my hometown, they put two nailbombs in bins in a shopping area. They detonated the first so that everyone ran into the path of the second. I'm not cherrypicking the kid victims, they literally only killed those 2 children ( and mutilated a bunch of others)
Phoned a "warning" to a completely different town.

Maybe they wouldn't have been able to murder as many innocents if american plastic paddies and Gaddafi didn't buy them Armalites and Semtex.
>>
>>68619764
>the proud British empire.
>>
>>68619778
>muh flegs
>Ireland had a just cause to be independent
>it's not the same anymore and mainly about footy
>>
>>68619697
Ah yes, football violence is what lead to the murder of a British prison officer for simply doing his job. I should've realised sooner.
>>
>>68619840
>>68619764
>Harps on about the UK going on about MUH empire
>Are the only ones that actually ever talk about it

kek..

>>68619851
Okay..
>>
>>68618836
I think by that statement you didn't live in London during the IRA bombing campaign there or if you were too young. The public transport system was being shut down on almost a daily basis at one stage. It might not have been living in fear but it was a major hassle for people.
>>
File: Average British Family 2.jpg (56 KB, 500x538) Image search: [Google]
Average British Family 2.jpg
56 KB, 500x538
>>68619929
>>68619821
>I-I never wanted an empire in the first place
>>
Niggers with potatoes, the Irish. That's all they ever were.
>>
>>68619993
>Still talking about it when no Brits have mentioned it
Alright, also why are you posting a Welsh family? They are your "Celtic" brothers and sisters.

LOL....
>>
>>68619863
>>68619929
Wasn't aware of Ismay. The New IRA huh, fuck me they always find something to add to the front of it. Oh well looks like it's gonna kick off again lads. I don't understand why they keep up with this shit, it's pretty obvious the majority of ukster wishes to stay.
>>
File: barbaric death cult.jpg (81 KB, 620x413) Image search: [Google]
barbaric death cult.jpg
81 KB, 620x413
>>68618274
My parents lived in London during the eighties, and i'm studying in London now. When I say about my concerns about increased police presence ans threat level they just say 'oh it was like that back then'

The IRA did initially bomb civillians; set nail bombs off in department stores, bombed Horse Guard's Parade etc. They eventually moved onto economic targets like banking areas as they thought this had far more impact.

Daesh believes in a global caliphate, but I think they also believe the world is about to end and the final battle will be decided in Damascus. They have far more resources too. I'd say Daesh is FAR scarier
>>
>>68620087
The "New IRA" is just organized crime. Well, I suppose the IRA was always organize crime but the new generation is just about drug running and illicit profiteering.
>>
>>68618867
Protip civilians work in government buildings, there's really no getting around it in the kind of fight they had to bring to us to stand a chance.
>>
>>68620126
>Daesh
>lives in London

Fuck off Paki
>>
better at making bombs.
The blast was felt over 200 miles away.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Manchester_bombing
>>
>>68620087
They're just criminals and thugs
Looking for an excuse to kill and steal
>>
>>68618372
Hey, tatofag.

I'm traveling to Eire in may for a couple o days, is it safe there?

Are there many muzzies there and how often do they chimpout? In an altercation with a slime, will the garda take the muzzies side every time like in UK?
>>
>>68620087
We were doomed to more violence the second the British agreed to the good Friday agreement.

Honestly, if we had listened to Enoch Powell's views on Northern Ireland, there likely wouldn't have been as much republican violence. By telling the republicans that there is a chance of Irish unity, they will fight and kill as much as they have to in order to obtain it. If we had simply said that it was impossible for northern Ireland to sucede, and even impose direct rule from Westminster, they would've stopped and eventually realised that their fight was hopeless.
>>
>>68618274
>ID pk
checked
>>
>>68620372
Yeah I'm from Glasgow but live here now. Celtic fan so grew up hearing all the shit about the IRA and all that but as I got older I did research and said well fuck the lot of them. I care more about Scotland than Ireland anyway. Can't stand the plastic paddy shit.
>>
>>68620360
Aye I figured as much.
>>
>>68620372
They should just do a referendum so they can see the voice of the people. I'm sure they would do some mental gymnastics to say it was rigged though.
>>
File: 1457564416726.gif (1018 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
1457564416726.gif
1018 KB, 500x334
>>68618274
Go on youtube and watch "IRA Bombers":
https://youtu.be/XNaOyPOWDug

Evil evil marxists, have done things even IS haven't done yet. The IRA would hold peoples familie hostage and force the father to drive a bomb at British soldiers. If he didn't, they'd kill his kids. Then they'd remote detonate him when he got close, forced suicide bomber. They'd strap petrol bombs to the sides of restaurants and then blow burning fuel to incinerate all the diners, the ones that loves had horrific burns.

Evil evil cunts of people, and all the Irish """"""catholics"""""""" loved them, no wonder the evil cunts voted for gay marriage and abortion, rotton people.
>>
>>68618274
Only if you were a potato fucker
>>
>>68618274
One big difference is that the IRA only had about 3.5 million people to recruit from compared ISIS being able to recruit from 1.7 billion people.

Also the IRA only had one enemy which was Britain. ISIS wants to kill everyone that doesn't believe their shit.
>>
>>68620705
>all the Irish """"""catholics"""""""" loved them
Stop lying you fucking criminal
>>
>>68618862
Go to reddit you cocksucker
>>
>>68618274
No. During the 30 years that the last conflict between the Republicans and the Loyalists lasted the Republicans killed something like 2000 people which racks up to an average of about 60/year. They tried to minimise civilian casualties because their targets were mostly politicians, soldiers, and police officers.

Compare that to Islamist extremists who so far this year have killed some 343 people in terrorist attacks and are actively targeting civilians over military or police targets.
>>
>>68620366
not as many as in the uk, and those in the uk speak English, these fellas here are quiet enough, you'll mostly see them to do with kebab restaurants. T*rks also run a fair few barbershops. Gardaí are fairly cucked I suppose

All in all, i'd say you'd be grand but if you want to take on some muslims make sure you aint alone. good luck bro.
>>
>>68620485
>I did research and said well fuck the lot of them

Sounds like you need some more research into Irish history
>>
>>68618274
I guess the Brits will have to answer that for you. I doubt it though, they tended to phone in bomb warnings to minimise civilian casualties.

This is all before my time though, so I'm no expert and don't agree with their methods anyway.
>>
>>68620705
Not everyone loved them and commenting on it as if there wasn't atrocities committed by both sides just makes you sound like a bitter protestant. There was a reason why they were doing the things they were doing. It wasn't just because they were bored like you shitpost when you're bored.
>>
>>68621348
The difference between Irish republican paramilitaries and loyalist paramilitaries is that republican civilians in NI actually supported the IRA whereas unionist communities despised the loyalists paramilitaries. The UDA weren't even British, their leaders made it very clear that they wanted a northern Irish independent state.
>>
>>68621495
Looking back it was a shit situation for the whole Island and especially the North. Whatever the future holds I just hope the dark days are long gone.
>>
Well dunno if it was my island and some Brit cuck came to it I would try to kick them out too
>>
>>68621907
Right on. Sadly with the 100 year anniversary of the Easter rising, things might take a turn for the worse.

>>68621981
That's probably why you don't personally own an island, dumbass
>>
>>68618274
#NotAllIrish
>>
>>68618594
>The "IRA" of today and the IRA of 90+ years ago are different groups

I love this meme
>>
>>68621181
Thanks for the info, man.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking for any trouble. But I'll be travelling with my girlfriend and I wouldn't want any slimes bugging her/us while we're trying to have a good time. So self-defence was more what I was asking about. I'm pretty sure that if a Bulgarian tourist ktfo some sandnigger "irishman" shit's going to most likely flow my way.

I'd generally be visiting the south of Ireland (I've always dreamed to) with only a couple of nights in Dublin. I suppose that most muslim communites are based in the larger cities, so it will probably be fine.
>>
>>68622254
It's a statement of fact
>>
>>68620789
How're the 800,000 peaceful mudslimes settling in Hanz?
>Calling other western countries nigs
>Government literally asking for more mudslimes
Its sad that one of the greatest countries in western Europa has ended up like this
>>
>>68622254
Yeah they were both tossers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunmanway_killings
>>
>>68622287
if you want to avoid islamics stay away from Tralee, Co.Kerry, and Cork city.
>>
>>68618274

No. Not even remotely comparable. I remember being scared as hell watching the news broadcast of the two plainclothes soldiers being ripped out of the car and beaten to death.

But I was 8.

But to put in perspective; The IRA killed about 40-50 civilians from 1990-2000.

That's less than half of what ISIS did in one night in Paris.
>>
>>68622413
tell me more, start by explaining where all the protestants that used to live in the 26 counties disappeared to post 1919.
>>
File: sharia-for-the-UK.jpg (111 KB, 550x364) Image search: [Google]
sharia-for-the-UK.jpg
111 KB, 550x364
>>68622158
How's things on your island?
>>
>>68618457

The IRA were a nationalist movement first and foremost.

ISIS are a religious movement.

Europe hasn't had religious warfare since the 1600's. It was primarily used as a way of designating sides in political/geographical conflicts.

ISIS wants global Islamic dominance. Not the security of, say, Saudi Arabia.

A much closer Musim equivalent would be the PLO. Maybe a less religious Hezbollah.
>>
>>68622254
Had lunch with Gerry Adams earlier this month (on St. Patty's day, no less) at a steakhouse in NYC with a friend/shared acquaintance. He quite freely admitted to his role in the IRA as opposed to the 'official' story he tells about being a 'politician'. Nice guy though. Based as fuck, even if he did have a funny accent.
>>
>>68622112
There will be some people who will use the anniversary as an excuse to cause trouble but I don't think the majority of the people here would feel the same way as them.
>>
>>68622555
Many converted to Roman Catholicism through intermarriage and others moved north.
>>
>>68622528

Oh, and I was TERRIFIED of garbage bins for a short while until I forgot about it.

btw I was living in England at the time, not Australia.
>>
>>68622671

How is he in NYC?

Isn't he meant to be in jail? Does the U.S. freely let murder suspects travel into the county?

Bit weird.

He's banned from entering our country still, I believe.
>>
File: 1458641434002.png (2 MB, 1366x673) Image search: [Google]
1458641434002.png
2 MB, 1366x673
>>68620366
There's nearly none.

The only ones I've met are ones that are visiting colleges here on student exchanges.

I can only speak for most of Dublin, though you're fairly safe in Ireland. If I was given a choice to live anywhere, it'd probably be here. No sjws, few niggers, few muslims
>>
Civilians will be killed in armed struggle in close quarters, it's inevitable. Loyalist forces averaged a far higher civilian kill count anyway.

But it's funny how Brits think a bombing or two is equal to hundreds of years of similar atrocities.
>>
>>68622744
And many were forced out of their homes, as well as many killed by republicans.
>>
>>68622837
Kek he's a major politician senpai
>>
>>68622927
Nah m8 they didn't oppress us, we're just sore losers :^)
>>
>>68622671
>Patty's
>>
>>68622890
Loads of Afghans came to Limerick recently. Haven't seen anything in the news about it, but genuinely around 100 families.
>>
They didn't want to take over the world.

They didn't want to enact major cultural change.

They didn't rape and enslave women.

In short people were afraid of bombings but that was it, with ISIS there is much more to fear as they want to change our entire way of life.
>>
>>68618765
You're literally retarded. Both paramilitaries did fucking awful things.

Unionist ones usually did things in 'retaliation' but they retaliated against 'targets' which were just normal people.

Nationalists just seemed to hit where they could when they could. Trying to be like grandaddy in the flying columns but failing and then bluffing about Muh civil liberties!
>>
>>68622528
>The IRA killed about 40-50 civilians from 1990-2000.

by far the Provisional IRA murdered way more ethnic Irish than it did brit soldiers or ethnic brits. policing their own people was probably their biggest activity, next to attacking infrastructure.

difference between 'old IRA' and PIRA is the difference between listening to music low and loud. PIRA = same aims, same tactics, with a view to getting same results- the results of the 'old IRA' (removing brits from 26 of 32 counties) is what inspires modern incarnations of IRA, and it always will inspire. for the record the 'old IRA' wasn't popular or arising from widespread support, it was just as much a minority group as the modern day equivalents.

difference between IRA and islamics is that the IRA isn't seeking to convert the globe to its ideology, won't kill you for being a non-believer, and they don't want to take over your country, just the territorial integrity of their own.

don't listen to those saying the matter is closed, its a generational thing and theres a long history of it.
>>
>>68622653
>ISIS wants global Islamic dominance.
Fearmongering and propaganda to attract Muslim followers. ISIS took over oil rich land and is selling the oil, making a lot of money. They're after money, and they managed to convince lowlifes to die for them.
>>
>>68622927
You don't realise that there was absolutely no democratic aim for the IRA. They wanted to create a 32 county state, despite well knowing that the majority of people in northern Ireland wished to remain apartvof the UK. What they did was out of hatred for Britain, not for the interests of the people of Ireland.

There's always one IRA sympathiser in these threads. Makes the rest of the Irish posters look like retards sadly.
>>
>>68622671
based? hes covered up for his child abusing brother, moving him out of belfast to louth so he could abuse again
>>
>>68618372

No they didn't. Most IRA members were literally doing it for international monies and resources to set up their drug rings. It's why they sued for amnesty as soon as they realised they wouldn't get international aid.
>>
>>68622451
How about Killarney?

I'm not really trying to avoid mudslimes, I don't care about them and don't have anything against them if they just mind their own kebab business.

Tell me though, are they generally aggressive or not?

Btw, I got brown hair and eyes.
>>
>>68622744
ahahaha bollocks! 'many' ie. most, were told to gtfo, had their homes burned down, suffered boycott, and generally found little to no help from the authorities. who do you think was organizing all that chaos?
>>
File: BjBGgI1CQAIGc4p.png (305 KB, 599x336) Image search: [Google]
BjBGgI1CQAIGc4p.png
305 KB, 599x336
>>68623222
>IRA set up their drug rings
They actively hunted down drug dealers and killed them
>>
>>68618274
Are Mordern Irish even Irish anymore?
>>
There is nothing more annoying on /pol/ than having some plastic Paddy from America tell you that you should be expelled from rightfully British land because "muh famine"

>>68623430
They are mostly Somalians and Poles now, least in D*blin. Their government is under the boot of you lot eg Sutherland.
>>
>>68623389
They kill drug dealers that don't give a chunk of their money to the IRA. Tell me, is all of your research on this matter based entirely on Vice documentaries?
>>
>>68623198
>artificially flood an area with people sympathetic to your cause in order to outnumber the native population
>unsurprisingly, they win out in polls and """democratic"""" elections
>>
>>68623241
You won't see many (if any) its a tourist area so far too expensive for mudslimes
>>
>>68623430
Not really. Everyone's becoming American. People talk about multiculturalism destroying a nation's identity. I don't find that to be that case. American cultural imperialism sure as fuck does though.
>>
>>68623529
>elections where the majority opinion outwieghs the opinion of a few fenians aren't democratic

Fantastically memed Eoin
>>
>>68623311
Oy gevalt, how dare Irish Catholics boycott Protestant businesses in favour of Catholic owned businesses? It's anudda shoah!
>>
>>68623389
Yeah, rival drug dealers
>>
>>68623529
I'm assuming by your logic, the US should hand over their country to the native population since they were there first.
In other words, you use the logic of a standard 5 year old. Very typical of an Irish republican desu
>>
>>68623430
In small towns.
Never in the cities.
Same story with everywhere in Europe these days.
>>
>>68623241
Seriously this country isn't overrun by any stretch of the imagination. Anybody telling you to avoid certain towns in Ireland because of Muslims is talking out their asshole. We are no way near the level of mainland Europe. Anyone giving you the impression that we are like Belgium or France or anywhere else is giving you a false impression.
>>
>>68623528
Yes because there is a watermark on the picture it can be assumed that's how I know about it?? classic Anglo defense to try and veer the argument in a different direction when you clearly have no idea what youre talking about
>>
the ira were fucking brutal. they used to kill kids in front of their parents. they were fucking cowards. just like daesh.
>>
>>68623389
underage detected, fun fact for you though, the majority of carbomb and mortar attacks in the troubles failed because the drivers were almost all junkies who owed ira dealers
>>
>>68622927
>But it's funny how Brits think a bombing or two is equal to hundreds of years of similar atrocities.

Religious wars were a common thing in Poorupe.
Only potatoniggers carried on with them, though.
>>
File: m'redditor.jpg (48 KB, 469x463) Image search: [Google]
m'redditor.jpg
48 KB, 469x463
>>68624049
>daesh.

>>68622927
God you fenians are as bad as the Japanese at denying your crimes.
>>
>>68619270
should have been no peace, all IRA fucks should be killed
>>
>>68624147
here's your reply
>>
>>68624147
How much of your education was dedicated to colonial atrocities?

>>68624105
Wars aren't a fashion fad you mong.
>>
>>68624049
Ever heard of bloody Sunday? British military crash a sports event and start firing into the crowd, killing innocents and a player, two sides to that coin my kiwi friend
>>
>>68623835
Honestly, I can't wait to visit.

I was always fascinated by Irish culture, I know like a dozen Irish folk songs by heart.
>>
>>68624305
no i live in a country descended from irish and british criminals and i have never heard of bloody sunday...

jesus christ, i wish you cunts would make up your mind about how you refer to australians. one day it's abos, the next day you treat us like chink immigrants and then it will be back to calling us convicts...
>>
>>68624305
Ever heard of the Scullabogue massacre? Catholic rebels locked 200 Protestant women and children in a barn and set in on fire.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scullabogue_Barn_massacre
>>
>>68624147
>denying your crimes
Same to you friendo

>>68624225
We'd both be better of if that had happened

>>68624105
>Only potatoniggers carried on with them
Wars end when there's a winner
>>
>>68624300
>>68624305

Lets be honest, people in Ireland are still sore about us Brits.

But the worst of it is over, the fragmented remaining parts of the old IRA set off bombs ever now and then but they're beyond credible redemption at this point.

In 50 years the legacy of the IRA vs England will be in memory only.
>>
>>68618742
The RIRA did that, not the Provos. Splinter groups are different
>>
>>68624550
I am not saying what they done was okay, just pointing out atrocities were committed by both side, not just ours
>>
I feel sorry for the English that they have to live next to the Potato niggers desu
>>
>>68624681
fucking this

the irish are literally scum

>want a republic
>lol i blow up your school
>gib republic now
>>
>>68624586
That's the hope. Brexit needs to happen, then we'll be next, EU is a sinking ship and its time to bail
>>
I used to have sympathy/admiration for the IRA.

Then I grew up.
>>
>>68623835
you guys seems pretty cool. Your country is one of the most beautiful countries in the world, defiantly in top 3. and your accents are cools as fuck.
>>
>>68624586
in the south no, most of us realize the past is past, you have to understand the duplicity of our people, it was necessary to be be deceptive for so long it's ingrained into our nature, for example; when the queen visited, there were "protests" by "republicans", absolute bullshit, they were just the same scumbags that wreck the place on halloween and paddys day they just had an excuse to throw shit around and rob cars.
>>
>>68619341
>Marxist
>Soviet funded

Someones been reading loyalist propaganda...
>>
>>68624651
Shooting 30 rebel supporters isn't the same as burning 200 women and children alive. Your atrocities are far, far greater.
>>
>>68624586
>Lets be honest, people in Ireland are still sore about us Brits.
No shit. You faggots are still salty about NatSoc Germany not bending to your will.
>In 50 years the legacy of the IRA vs England will be in memory only.
In 50 years "England" won't exist.

>>68624749
t. criminal
By your logic, Australians love fucking Abos because a small minority of you bred with them.
>>
>>68624462
You'll be welcome here. The people are friendly so don't be afraid to talk to them. I hope you enjoy yourself when you come over.
>>
>>68624786
I hope we leave too, of course I expect that you guys, scotland and malta are going to fuck us over.

Why on earth does malta get a fucking vote?
>>
>>68619831
>Brit talking about murdering innocent civillians

Muh sides
>>
>>68624860
Whats with the hate?
>>
>>68624860
>can't even make a logical analogy

retarded fucking mick cunt, go back to your pint of literal black shit.
>>
>>68624832
Families going to watch a Sunday game
>rebel supporters
>>
Reminder that the National Front wants to deport all Republicans living in Northern Ireland to the Republic where they belong. Don't let us Brits down, support the National Front.
>>
>>68624973
he's underage and just saw michael collins for the first time on tv
>>
>>68619194
They did, he ended with a knife in his anus, literally.
>>
>>68618274
Personally I think they're pretty great
Wish we'd approach our drug problem where I live like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsAHGu-Z-VA
>>
>>68624832
>Your atrocities are far, far greater.
You're awful selective aren't you?
Look back at the entire history of Ireland and Britain and tell me we've done worse to yours than you've done to us.
>rebel supporters
A-Ok then to slaughter them.

>>68624990
You think a minority represents an entire country.
It's a sound analogy, you abo worshipers just can't understand simple comparisons.

>>68624973
triggered by the bullshit desu senpai

>>68625043
>everybody that disagrees with me is underage
>>
>>68625118
>A-Ok then to slaughter them.
Yes.

If you hate us Brits so much then why have you modelled your entire country off ours, and why do you speak our language? Go back to your nigger tribes like you were before we civilised you.
>>
>>68625118
irish are innately scum though

it doesn't matter if you support the ira or not, you are scum because you are irish.
>>
>>68620705
>Forced suicide bombers

This unequivocally, definitely without a shadow of a doubt didn't happen. Provide proof of these 'suicide bombers'.
>>
>>68624772
The two best things about this country are its people and its scenery. Government is a bit fucked up though.
>>
>>68618274
No, the IRA is like the PLO
>>
Northern Ireland had atrocities from both sides. Republicans and Unionists both committed terrorist activities with the British Government colluding with them.

The IRA, PIRA, UDA, UVF, etc are criminal gangs now. They only care about drugs, money and terrorizing their own communities.
>>
>>68622450
We know.
>>
>>68625208
There's two instances that I know of of Irish suicide bombers and it was by accident because car bomb timers went off too early and they ended up blowing themselves up.

>>68625191
This.

>>68625118
But you're scum tho, so your points are null and void.
>>
>>68625243
>Government is a bit fucked up though
How? Your economy is doing great.
Multiple paki tech companies moved to your country because your government was offering them better facilities.
>>
>>68625118
no it's just that most people with a rational mind grow out of supporting the IRA, especially if they have any local knowledge, for example dessie ellis is not only the tony soprano of north dublin, but he taught plo members bomb making techniques, who then taugh hamas who then taught al quaida etc. etc. so there's a chance the bombs that went off in paris and belgium and will probably go off in other major european cities can all be traced back in some ways to him
>>
>>68623724
The situation is different. The fact that protestants were artificially inseminated into the area to outnumber and outbreed the native Catholic population, it's quite unique. A more similar scenario is the Palestine/Israel one.

Do I think the native Palestinians are more entitled to the land than the Jews from France, Germany, US etc.? Yes absolutely.

Am I advocating for a genocide/removal of Jews and Protestans? No, they should be allowed stay and practise their culture. But they should be doing that in the knowledge that the land and country is not theirs, and that they should be respectful of natives and their ways. Y'know, not bullishly oppressing them and murdering them.

Unlike a lot of /pol/ I think multiculturalism can be great. But imperialist interference is disgusting.
>>
>>68625053
If our disastrous intervention in Libya was a 20 year revenge plot to knife Gaddafi in the Anus for supporting the IRA, then I have a new respect for our government's foreign policy.
>>
>>68625191
Australian are innately criminal because they're Australian.

>>68625186
>if you hate the Nazis so much why do you use their scientific research? BTFO
Your system was fine, our lack of sovereignty was the problem.
It's called nationalism, you bucktoothed faggot.
>>
File: C.jpg (15 KB, 275x249) Image search: [Google]
C.jpg
15 KB, 275x249
>>68622837
In jail???

He's an elected member of Parliament.
>>
File: 1458652536071.gif (3 MB, 200x155) Image search: [Google]
1458652536071.gif
3 MB, 200x155
Off topic

What's the current state of Ireland right now? Are they trying to be culturally enriched too?
>>
>>68625343
I don't support the IRA you silly git.
>>
>>68625397
that's fine but you're still scum and nobody likes you
>>
>>68623681
the point was that IRA was engaged in and encouraging ethnic cleansing all over Ireland, a policy that continued long after cessation of hostilities. PIRA pursued the same in Tyrone, Armagh. Londonderry/Derry 1969 onwards. I don't give a fuck about it, just to say there was no difference between the two incarnations of IRA there either.
>>
>>68625345

Cry all you want taig, you will never manage to steal our land.

>>68625397
The Irish nation is artificial and did not exist until you blew up women and children to get it. Nationalism cannot exist for a fake country.
>>
>>68618947
He's just mad 'cause a dingo stole his baby.
>>
>>68623198
>No democratic aim

I'm sorry, how is partitioning an area off so that you will always be in the majority and occupying the whole island in the first place democratic?

You are the sort of guy who thinks that the british where the good guys. They weren't. Almost always evil
>>
>>68625315
>But you're scum tho, so your points are null and void.
"You're x, therefore your opinion is invalid."
Marxism/10
>>
>>68625191
Daily reminder your country was founded on British rejects and criminals
>>
>>68623222
Great facts there m8

>RAAD
>DAAD
>>
>>68625345
>Do I think the native Palestinians
>Native Palestinians
>Native
They're not native though you fucking retard, neither are Jews. It's Christian land, but you'd know that if you've ever picked up a history book.

Palestinians are gypsies that moved in just before the kikes and again by your logic, the English were the first settlers of the British isles, therefore we have more rights to all the islands than you moor pieces of basque shit do.

So get the fuck off our islands you piece of gyppo trash.
>>
>>68618506
Are you serious? You're a fool, you know nothing about the IRA.
>>
>>68622927

British should have deported every last one of you. Literally worse then mudslimes.
>>
>>68625546
IRA wanted world domination?
>>
>>68625407
We have a fairly small number of blacks and muslims but they're generally decent and aren't involved in crime or anything.
>>
>>68625508
i would literally rather be a manc than irish and that's saying something

stay scummy though, scum.
>>
File: 1457700245435.jpg (10 KB, 270x186) Image search: [Google]
1457700245435.jpg
10 KB, 270x186
>>68624225
>>
filthy socialists
got good music though
>>
>>68625463
>The Irish nation is artificial and did not exist until you blew up women and children to get it. Nationalism cannot exist for a fake country.
Could be said about any country in existence.
Borders are artificial.
Governments are artificial.
We're a people of a different ethnicity to you and we're native to this island.
We want to govern ourselves just like you do, ie. EU referendum.
>>
>>68625521
He's right though.
>>
I see the instinctual Irish hatred is starting to bypass the veneer of logic in this thread.
>>
>>68625632
Stay mad mate
>>
>>68625573
Keep your fucking mouth shut, you functioning mongoloid fattie.
>>
>>68625718
stay irish
>>
>>68625663
>ireland
>good music

lmaooo
>>
>>68625035
>Incarnation of the perfect chav
>>
>>68625329
Our previous government sold us out to bail the banks out and please the EU.This government is just towing the EU line so whatever policy Merkel has we basically have too. Yeah it is picking up here but a lot of young people have already left the country because of the mess caused over the last ten years or so.
>>
File: eternal anglo.jpg (109 KB, 797x1200) Image search: [Google]
eternal anglo.jpg
109 KB, 797x1200
>>68625573
>Literally worse then mudslimes.
Can't resist the BBC, eh Nigel?
>>
The Irish are worse than blacks with their oppression complex
>>
I guess IRA scared Brits but they didn't operate Europe-wide.
In roughly same time you had RAF in Germany, ETA in Spain and Red Brigades in Italy though.
>>
>>68625472
Doesn't at all refute the fact that there was and still is a British majority in Northern Ireland, and that they have a legal and moral right to live in that land under British law and principles.
>>
Reminder that we should deport all Irish to India and all Indians living in Britain to Ireland.
>>
File: _20160324_113917.jpg (65 KB, 566x649) Image search: [Google]
_20160324_113917.jpg
65 KB, 566x649
>>68625762
Glady
>>
>>68618274
well both were separatists seeking to reclaim their perceived homelands

but that's the case in two thirds of global conflicts, two groups fighting over political control, separatists stand on ideals to circumvent politics, controlling forces stand on law and order to circumvent politics

differences?

well the IRA would have stayed in Ireland if they had won , ISIS wants whatever they can get

the IRA persecuted many irish as I understand for supporting the other side or being informants etc
but ISIS burned people alive just for being on the other side

I've never heard of the IRA looting or extorting people in ireland on any scale
ISIS has been reported (no neutral sources I've seen let it be said) to be selling women as sex slaves, committing mass extortion, hostage taking for ransoms

the IRA was an entrenched movement with the potential to remain sustainable in governance of areas they held
ISIS by all accounts is like the hoards of ghengis kahn in that they arn't settling areas, they rely on constant outwards movement to remain unified, they arn't committed to developing areas
if they gaines stability over the region they would become exactly the governments they set out to fight

another key difference is that the soldiers of the IRA were irish and were fighting in their own backyards
ISIS forces are global, and mercenaries or fanatics
it's likely they wouldn't be welcome if they tried to settle the areas they liberated even if ISIS it'self was
this is a typical issue for forces like ISIS and we saw it in africa many times, ISIS will be unable to remove the fighters it recruits, but they will be the only way ISIS can exert influence in their territories
basically the fighters will take land, women and anything else they can as payment for their services and will become warlords as soon as it becomes time to split the spoils of war
>>
>>68625315
Well then that's an unplanned accidental bomb explosion, not a deliberate suicide bomb then.

I suppose that's just what you're taught in school, Mehmet.
>>
>>68625794
>kangaroo music
>>
>>68625882
what a shame the ira didn't wipe out your family before they got a chance to produce you
>>
>>68625709
Also detected that.
>>
>>68625794
well their music isn't composed out of aboriginal sex noises and black cocks slapping white asses for example
>>
>>68625954
>Fenians worship a faggot who smeared his own shit all over his prison cell
>>
>>68626005
So mad
>>
>>68618274
This surely must be bait.
The IRA originally were a militia group organised to oppose British oppression with the goal of Irish liberation. The original IRA was finished when Ireland became sovereign about 90 years ago. However, due to the fact that 6 counties (all in the north of the country) of our 32 county state opted to remain in the United Kingdom after our independence some republicans felt that the job was not done and continued the guerilla warfare that had liberated us in initially, which we now refer to as "terrorism" today.

It's more complicated than that, the group disbanded for a few years and then resumed activity when it came to light how poorly Catholics up the North were being treated by their police and the state. The IRA was a necessity to protect people in these areas because the police in Northern Ireland literally wouldn't help Catholics (It was a big deal when Catholics were even allowed to join). Their presence threatened protestants made the Ulster Volunteer Force (The protestant militia) more active and the period in our history known as The Troubles kicked off. A protestant would be shot, they'd retaliate and shoot a Catholic. A bomb would go off in Belfast. The UVF would bomb somewhere in the Republic. And so on and so on.

The goal of the 'ra is and always has been a unified 32 county state, equality and freedom for all. While they did some shitty things in the name of freedom, which no Irish person condones, I really fail to see the parallels between them and ISIS.
>>
>>68625998
it's not even worth arguing about this

ireland has given the world jedward and the boomtown rats...

inxs alone stomps your pissant little island's "achievements" in music
>>
>>68625954
I wasn't the poster you were talking to you fucktarded Ackbar head, I just chirped in to give you an example of the retarded Muslimfication of retarded Irish people that don't even know how to set a thermostat timer.

IT'S NOT FUCKING HARD YOU RETARDS AND YET YOU MANAGE TO FUCK IT UP!
>>
File: anglo flag.png (315 KB, 420x420) Image search: [Google]
anglo flag.png
315 KB, 420x420
>>68625709
>>68626023
Right, there's no instinctual hatred coming from the other side.
>hurr potato niggers
>hurr scum scum scum
>>
>>68618506
>I think the main difference between ISIS and the IRA is that ISIS wants a worldwide caliphate while the IRA wants/wanted only Ireland

Only genuine similarity between the two organizations (IS/PIRA) is policing of their own communities- murdering informers, murdering contractors/trustees, criminality/extortion/rackets/prostitution/drugs, intimination, propaganda.

Methodoloy: IS- indiscriminate no warning attacks to maximize civilian death
PIRA - phoned in bomb warnings in vast majority of cases. Indiscriminate attacks happened but viewed as counter productive.
Aims: no comparison. PIRA- nationalist aim as described in 1916 proclamation, secular. IS- internationalist aim (da Ummah), theocratic, expansionist.
Politics: no comparison. PIRA- political wing in Sinn Fein, political aims limited to sovereignty. IS don't believe in politics.
>>
File: Ukraine war.jpg (77 KB, 867x486) Image search: [Google]
Ukraine war.jpg
77 KB, 867x486
>>68620282
On youtube there is footage of the IRA using improvised mortars to lob probably 50 pounds or more of explosives around 150 to 300 yards.

Pretty impressive inside a developed country, no other group has done that afaik for a long time.
>>
>>68622927
The UVF killed "civilians" much like Gerry Adams was a "civilian"
>>
>>68625597
No. He's trying to make the IRA which fought for freedom, but made a few mistakes, to ISIS who are throwing gays off buildings, beheading and crucifying people and trying to establish a global caliphate.
>>
>>68625191
Nah I believe you'll find most of the scum was shipped off to found your country :-)
>>
>Enslave, kill, brutalize, treat a population like shit under your shoe for hundreds of years
>one of your soldiers gets shot in the streets of Ireland
"Muh stupid t-terrorists"
t. Every British person on the IRA
Just look up bloody Sunday
>>
>>68620282
>better at making bombs.
Not really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgMK7Gd4UB4

I also wonder how far a 30mt Hydrogen bomb would be felt if it was let off in Dublin or some other part of the Republic?
>>
File: laughing sluts.png (490 KB, 449x401) Image search: [Google]
laughing sluts.png
490 KB, 449x401
>>68626091
>inxs
Hope you die the same way your boy Hutchence did, fiddling with your dick with a belt around your neck.
>>
>>68626168
>made a few mistakes

You cannot make this shit up. An internationally recognised terrorist group that has deliberately targeted innocent protestants have simply "made a few mistakes".

This is the sort of shit spewed by underage IRA supporters. Embarrassing.
>>
>>68625674
So Brendan Hughes wanted drug dealers money? Bí ciúin, west brit.
>>
>>68626082
based white nigger man
please redpill me on the potato holocaust.
Did it really happen?
>>
>>68626242
Oh like the Dublin Slave Markets?

A bit rich for you to talk about that kind of shit when your own history is riddled with doing it to others.

>DINDU NUFFINK RONK!!1
>WE GOOD BOYZ N GIRLS, GOING 2 DA CHURCH AND SUCKING FATHER FINNEGANS DICK!
>>
>>68622890
>No sjws
You know the Labour party exists yeah? and the social democrats, plus the UCC feminist society that tried to ban coffee cups. the country is dripping with auld hippies.
>>
>>68626091
Ungabungabungabongounga
>>
>>68626082
>The original IRA was finished when Ireland became sovereign about 90 years ago.

balls. The IRA continued divorced from the state after the civil war, went on to launch attack on England pre-ww2, went on to launch attacks on norn iron around 50th anniversary of 1916, and then dwindled, to be resurrected by an influx of northerners 1969. IRA has never gone away, and will never go away until its original founding aim is reached. PIRA has been just one incarnation of it.
>>
>>68623650

>cultural imperialism

jesus, you people are pathetic. No wonder they call you the niggers of europe, you sound exactly like them.
>>
>>68626352
>Based
His story is full of holes, like his ancestors are.

The Irish wanted the British army to go over there and help them and protect them against the Protestants.

They literally welcomed the so called "oppressors" with tea and bunting.

Then they chimp out because an island wide curfew placed on the republic and northern Ireland was enforced and then they opened fire on our army.

You don't open fire on an army you invite over and want to help you. You don't do it.
>>
File: 1458587949146.gif (985 KB, 500x211) Image search: [Google]
1458587949146.gif
985 KB, 500x211
>>68625809
Here's a statement.
I don't need proof.
Or context.
I'll just say it.
>>
File: lol irish.jpg (108 KB, 836x892) Image search: [Google]
lol irish.jpg
108 KB, 836x892
>>68626207
let's take a look at how the Irish fair in Human Development shall we...
>>
>>68626438
Yes but this was not the "original" Irish Republican Army.
>>
>>68626148
They dropped one of those in the back garden of 10 Downing street too.
>>
>>68626242
Reminder that the majority of "catholic discrimination" was a total myth. Yes, there was gerrymandering, but it was almost certainly going to be sorted out via the likes of NICRA. Only a fucking moron would think that Catholics would continue to have their rights stripped in light of the civil rights movement in america.

Sadly, those morons existed, and they were called the provisional ira.
>>
>>68626340
>>68626401
>no valid arguments with any credible irish bands

stay inferior, little micks.
>>
>>68626082
well ISIS I suspect has similar problems

the middle east is plagued by ethinc and religions oppression, so many groups have been displaced by conflict over the decades claims to land are no longer simple

I think it's mainly
A. the sunni-shiite divide
B. unfair distribution of oil revenue
C. lack of representative government

I don't think in the west we have ever heard ISIS' real story, just the propaganda they broadcast constantly to remain relevant and solicit funding
I would not be at all surprised if they had a core of pollitical thinkers with social objectives
>>
>>68626369
>b-bad stuff happened before us too
Every. single. time.

Colonial powers never face up to their crimes, it's always:
We built you roads and shit so it evens out. You were savages.

or

Yeah but your countrymen did bad things to each other too, before we came.
>>
>>68626471
What the fuck are you talking about? The British army were not brought in to protect Catholics against Prods you imbecile.
>>
>>68620366
No IRA. <1% muzzies all manning kebab stalls. Immigrants from the UK unfortunately.
>>
>>68618705
Kinda like shia and sunni.
>>
>>68625853
So if I place 800,000 people somewhere in Northern England and then say 'Oh there's a majority there who want X, why are you being undemocratic?" How is that any different? Or do I need to slaughter and oppress people for 100s of years to make it legal and 'democratic'

>hurr durr us brits only wanted democracy and peace, potato niggers are terrorists.
>>
Can someone please remind me as to why the Brit bottles don't overrun your shitty Irish Republic?
>>
>>68626533
leave the irish alone, what have they ever done to us?
the irish are white, christian and non-degenerate

>inb4 irish australian
>>
>>68626458
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cultural_imperialism

Might be a bit abstract for your ladyboy brain, but it's very much a thing my Chinese friend.
>>
>>68626515
>Yes but this was not the "original" Irish Republican Army.

same aims, same methodology,
different personnel. personnel change over time but the organization persists.
>>
>>68626533
>gives INXS as an example of a "credible band"
I'm laughing out loud matey
>>
File: 1457040220849s.jpg (4 KB, 125x120) Image search: [Google]
1457040220849s.jpg
4 KB, 125x120
>>68626043

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gm393H52EVM

>but but potato nigger
>>
>>68626698
>NON DEGENERATE
Spotted the Irish
>>
>>68626533
>asking for 'credible bands' when music taste is completely subjective
Keep trying aus bro
>>
>>68626352
The English didn't start the famine, but they didn't help us out of it. A lot of people feel it was allowed to happen, there's a few quotes everyone throws about that suggest they saw it as an advantage to cull & depopulate us. I don't know how much of it is actually true.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 40

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.