[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I paid money for this "class" Should I just bite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: College_In_2016.jpg (101 KB, 1459x496) Image search: [Google]
College_In_2016.jpg
101 KB, 1459x496
>I paid money for this "class"

Should I just bite the bullet and tell the professor what I'm supposed to? Is it even worth fighting over? I just want to pass the class and move on with my life...

>inb4 liberal arts
This is a general education requirement
>>
>>68591868
Hide your powerlevel irl it's not worth losing your GPA and tuition over.
>>
Tell him(her? Probably her), while wearing your MAGA hat, that you don't need 500 words to explain that we shouldn't care about the opinions/feelings of perennial losers like the native Americans
>>
File: latest.jpg (14 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
latest.jpg
14 KB, 400x300
If you don't stand by your beliefs in the face of persecution you will go to hell. Be honest and share your beliefs, son.
>>
>>68591868
>making a case for keeping or dropping the racist imagery
>keeping
Use facts and logical argument to make the case for keeping the imagery. I had an English professor that told me that he will think higher of a paper that dares challenge his personal beliefs and maybe makes him think twice about them. If you can somehow make a good case for it without ANY appeals to emotion then go for it.
>>
>>68591868
Hide your powerlevel. About to finish my econ minor next quarter with "economics of poverty and discrimination".

hoo-rayyyy
>>
>>68591868
It's fucking 500 words. Just write the letter telling them to keep the name because muh free speech or something and get your mark. Christ, this sounds like either a first-year course or you're still in high school.
>>
>>68591868
Report the professor
You have to act offended and oppressed and triggered though

That's the only the dumb fucks can understand an argument
>>
>>68591868
Just do what everyone else does and write a piece on how terrible that mascot is and how much it hurts the poor minority feelings.

Not worth it by a long shot.
>>
>>68591868
You know the funny thing about this is my wife is red and her people give 0 fucks about any of this shit.
>>
Is that the same Dan Snyder who molested all the Nickelodeon child actors? Dan "Slide it in her" Snyder?
>>
File: libtard.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
libtard.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
>>68591868
yes. brainwashing and indoctrination doesnt stop after highschool; you'll have to play the party line at uni until graduation. recognize it for what it is and do not reveal your power level. rejoice that you are one of us and not one of pic related.
>>
Just so you know op no one is gonna knock you if you produce something so insane and crazy a normal person would think its satire

You got 500 words and by the end you need to say that all native american words for places in the country should be changed because they're offensive since its not theres anymore
>>
>>68592306
>your paper must be grounded in logic and evidence

>tell me about the racist name and the racist imagery

what a bunch of bullshit
>>
>>68591868
Just say that your 1/64 Cherokee and the fact that you have to defend yourself by sending a letter to a bigot offends you.
>>
>>68591868
ask who gets to decide what speech is hateful. Ask if anyone reading is comfortable letting someone else choosing what is too hateful. GO see what indian groups don't care (if any) as evidence of this being a white person problem.
>>
>>68592306
Lmao no that's not how things work. Papers with contrasting opinions get rated lower. Anyone who tells you otherwise is full of shit and only trying to convince himself of how just his stupid ass is.
>>
>>68591868
>liberal arts major
you fucked up
>>
The stupid thing about this is that there's really no decent arguments in favor of keeping the name.
>>
Write a 500 word long essay to the professor about why he is wrong for writing a leading question such as "removing or keeping the racist name and racist imagery" and then acting like its a choice of which to pick for such a terrible question.
>>
File: 1453076140775.png (753 KB, 720x675) Image search: [Google]
1453076140775.png
753 KB, 720x675
>>68591868
>>
>>68591868

I am so glad I didnt waste money on communist indoctrination.
>>
Spend time in the paper explaining your professor's fallacy of begging the question. They already presume that the imagery is racist without providing an argument.
>>
>>68592803

Of course there is, if one name should be changed because its offensive why shouldn't all names be changed then?

Shit, having a place be called the James river after a king of England triggers me, I think that river should be renamed, so to should prince georges county, etc.
>>
>>68591868
>>68592133
this
finish it first and then complain all you want
>>
>>68592306
Do you really believe this?
>>
>>68592803
Except that it's the team's decision what the team is called, not muh feelings leftists who probably don't even watch football.
>>
>>68592306
What's the point of telling people they can argue an opposing view if you're just going to give them a loaded question?
>>
>College in 2016
>>
>>68592803
Redskin was literally the name some Native American tribes gave to their best warriors. It was a badge of honor.

This racist washing is getting disgusting. Its the same as black face plays in parts of Europe being written off as racist despite having existing for hundreds of years and as age old traditions literally having NOTHING to do with blacks.

Its just like people pitching a fit about Jinx from Pokemon, when she was actually a sort of Japanese spirit or something.

Might was well bitch about the use of the swastika in south east Asian religion.

You know, liberals constantly bitch about cultural appropriation, but when they themselves do it, they almost always misinterpret the original meaning and then apply a racist label to things that don't fit their liberal North American viewpoint.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.