[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Redpill me on Boy Scouts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: bsa-logo.png (39 KB, 401x376) Image search: [Google]
bsa-logo.png
39 KB, 401x376
as an eagle scout i had a great time in the scouting program, but the other day i saw a thread where some Canadian was ranting about how the jewlominati made it to mind control children. thoughts on the BSA and world scouting movement in general?

tl;dr: Redpill me on Boy Scouts
>>
>>68585343
I think its a wonderful organization and more children would benefit from the lessons and experiences scouting has to offer.
>>
>>68585343
Other then the Mormons and their obsession with gay men nothing. Probably one of the greatest organization in the western world.
>>
>>68585760
oh my god a sane person yay
>>
>>68585855
two sane people!
>>
>>68585927
Pretty sure we all might be Scouts so we might be really biased
>>
>>68586050
Haha the fact that there are 3 boy scouts on /pol/ goes to show that maybe we're not all mini internet Hitlers.
>>
>>68586234
"Boyscouts breed mini Hitlers, Shut it down"
>>
>>68585343
It's for faggots and it creates faggots
>>
>>68585343
It's was actually really good in the 80s. When they started earnestly debating whether or not they should openly accept having gay scout leaders I opted out of putting my son in it. There was already the occasional problem pedophile discovered every few years, the correct course of action is not to openly embrace sexual deviance.
>>
was in boy scouts back when i was 14
shit was cash
FELT LIKE A MAN
slept in a tent with a thin blanket and it was like -10 degrees
>>
>>68585343
Eagle scout here as well, there is literally nothing wrong with the BSA.
>>
Eagle scout here as well. NRA supports BSA, thus is red pilled.
>>
File: 1458518773257.gif (570 KB, 1000x811) Image search: [Google]
1458518773257.gif
570 KB, 1000x811
>>68586580
I remember that feel
>>
>>68586607
>>68586674
Holy fuck, /pol/ is made of Eagle Scouts
>>
Shiet, Eagle Scout from Missouri here, god damned internet hitlers
>>
>>68585343
Eagle scout here, 2 bronze palms.

It WAS a wonderful organization (at least when I was in it), but it's been steadily feminized and emasculated.

Women are allowed to be leaders in the organization, and frequently insist on safety rules and the like to ensure they're precious little 16 year old fatbody tenderfoot doesn't get his feelings hurt.

It's no long an organization where boys learn to be men, fostering a healthy sense of both individualism, national pride, and proper citizenship.

It is now nothing more than a place for parents to dump their children over the summer, knowing that they'll do nothing but tie knots and play football in their camp.
>>
>>68586723
i thought it was going to be warmer
i thought wrong.
it put hair on my chest though, now i have to have my room freezing to sleep
>>
>>68586983
So I'm not the only one? I can't sleep unless I smell cold air.
>>
>>68585343
>mind control
Self-reliance, leadership skills, and service to your community are not mind control.
>>
>>68585343

Mind control children to do what? Help out their local community, become self sufficient and learn a couple useful skills?

Wow how horrible.

All I did as a Boy Scout was go to camp and volunteer in my community and help people.
>>
>>68587062
i have 2 fans blowing on me during the night,
3 blankets to keep the temperature survivable
>>
its run by the masons

its full of pedos

its gay
>>
>>68586828
Oh shit is it really that bad now? i remember at the 1991 World Jamboree in South Korea me and my pals wanted to visit the DMZ and throw rocks at the commies, good times all round.
>>
/eagle/ reporting in
>>
2014 Eagle Scout here
Went to Philmont and did all of the scouting things that scouts do etc etc

Overall 9/10 bretty good.

Seriously, people overstate how much it has been pussified/liberalized. In actuality, it really depends on the individual troop you belong to.

My (small) troop did bi monthly overnighters up in NH, and 3-day treks with some regularity as well. We would do a week of camp in the summer, and a high adventure trip of some sort as well- we recently did Philmont, then Sea Base, then Northern Tier in the course of 3 years.

We would also do ultra-cold trips, where we wouldn't bring tents; we would make snow shelters.

We weren't a Eagle Scout mill by any means- about 20% got it (good for a troop of about 30).

I guess being from an affluent town helped a bit.

Anyways, it was super fun, a good learning experience, and despite what people say it's still pretty good to have on a CV.

Btw who else here had a grumpy old man who chewed tobacco as their shotgun merit badge instructor? It seems like every single one is like that
>>
>>68587394
Philmont WAS SHIT OH MY GOD
>>
>>68585343
I really like the idea, but some of the merit badges were straight up indoctrination. The citizen of the nation, community, and world and the family life merit badges especially

t. Eagle Scout
>>
File: image.jpg (3 MB, 2988x5312) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3 MB, 2988x5312
Another Eagle Scout. Scouting was some of the best times of my life and I hope my son goes into it.
>>
>>68585343
Eagle Scout Troop 221

It was a great experience for me as a child. We had camping trips every month and won most of our Jamboree competitions because our troop was older than most. I learned everything I needed to know about camping, backpacking, kayaking, whitewater rafting, etc...

The troop officially ended in 2006 when everyone was older. The scoutmasters were our parents so they had no reason to keep it going. A few of the guys in our troop are dead now. RIP Brandon and Scott
>>
>>68585343
I was raped by my scout master. I don't have the most positive opinion of the organization.
>>
>>68586607
>>68586674
>>68586804
>>68586828
>>68587231
>>68587394
>>68587476

8 Eagle scouts here including myself. /pol/ is saved 10/10
>>
File: 1440610271592.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1440610271592.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>mfw was never a boy scout
>mfw Dad made me join the shitty YMCA knockoff "Indian guides" instead
>mfw fucking Indians sued the YMCA and made them change the name to "Adventure Guides"

Fucking buffaloniggers, all I ever wanted was to be a boy scout
>>
>>68587227
I actually attended the 2013 jambo (literally a week before I turned 18), and yeah, it really is that bad.

They were so insistent on the scouts doing only sanctioned activities, that the lines for them were several hours long for the entire event; I spent half my time just walking around because the other option was to wait in line for 4 hours to go around the bike trail once.

Phone chargers and AC computer labs out the ass at nearly every base camp.

I saw at least twenty scouts during the event, personally, get berated by leaders for light roughhousing.
The entire organization has been pussified and it will take nothing less than a Herculean effort to restore it to its previous standards.
>>
>>68587619
>canada
>raped by scout master
not surprised, i mean aren't you all closet homosexuals?
>>
Eagle scout from troop 793 here
Most people made it to eagle in our troop, well over 80%, probably helped that we were in the richest county in MD.
>>
>>68587744
>pussified
if everything you said was true, this word is my new opinion of the BSA
>>
Did anyone else attend the summercamp in Virginia in like 2001 or 2002? There was a kid who almost choked to death on a piece of steak. And the military lost a plane about 15 miles away from the campsite. There were low flying aircraft in the area all week.
>>
Eagle Scout/Vigil Honor/Nerd

Really depends on a Troop or Lodge. The good thing is that people are liquid and can move around. It's just a matter of finding the one that fits you.

I was in a troop that went from great to awful once people realized they could dump their kids in. Their parents never were there and would resist any attempts to correct their kids.

The vast majority of women leaders are cancer though.
>>
>>68587803
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>68587742
>Not being in Royal Rangers, the church version of Boy Scouts.
>>
>>68587513
Have you seen the new uniforms? they're good awful.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 600x450
PILOT TO COPILOT ARE YOU READY!?!

YES SIR!

>tfw everyone in my troop were FAGGOT BOMBARDIERS

Also, who here has been up on the Tooth?
>>
>>68585343
i was in the army cadets as a kid
as you would expect from such an organisation it was pretty homoerotic, one time some kid tried to have a wank over me when i was sleeping. i would have thought /pol/ would love teaching children military discipline and national pride though.

personally i think indoctrinating kids to join the military is a bit morally iffy but regardless i had a great time, fucked a girl for the first time on the annual camp, kek
>>
File: Girly Awooo.png (369 KB, 748x796) Image search: [Google]
Girly Awooo.png
369 KB, 748x796
>>68588084
>good awful
wat
>>
>>68586798
You didn't bring in broken-in hiking boots, did you? When I went to Philmont one of the scouts brought new boots that didn't quite fit and had to quit after the first week because his blisters had feet on them.
>>
>>68587619
>get fucked
>>
Female scoutmasters? Jeez. I guess society really has changed. There was no talk of gay scout masters. I live in the south and our troop was pretty based. All of the scoutmasters were our fathers or knew our fathers very well - it was a tight knit group.
>>
>>68587549
Same happened to my troop. Ended when out Church "Sponsor" charged us to use the meeting hall to death, prevented us from actively recruiting from the school etc.
>>
>>68588084
I just looked them up, what the fuck? Where are the buttons?
>>
>>68587803
Americans always just jump on to the flag insults...
No, I grew up in Indiana. I'm talking about the BSA.
>>
>>68585343
Wish I could have done more in scouts but I didn't make it very far at all in scouts. I will hopefully get my kids into that organization. They will learn a huge amount from them.
>>
I'm an Eagle Scout myself.

I think the honest answer to that is that the Scouting Experience widely varies depending on your Troop and its members, which is also impacted by its locale.

The BSA is on paper a religious organization, and as such there are certain consequences to that (most infamously that until recently, no homos), but there are others such as the fact that if you were atheist you'd basically have to closet that too (on paper scouts are expected to profess faith in a higher power).

What does it mean? If you want to be a scout, at best you have to omit the truth if you're atheist (and until recently, if you were gay) and at worst you will be outright lying and saying otherwise.

Other than that unless your troop sucks and can't organize for shit, there's fun shit like camping and useful life skills to learn, as well as circumstances that generally allow growing young adults to develop the ability to work both in teams and independently as necessary as well as a variety of skills any man should know. Lifelong friends too.
>>
>>68588220
>Female scoutmasters? Jeez. I guess society really has changed. There was no talk of gay scout masters. I live in the south and our troop was pretty based. All of the scoutmasters were our fathers or knew our fathers very well - it was a tight knit group.

The troop would probably be better off with all gay troop leaders compared to female scoutmasters.
>>
Ex Mormon Eagle Scout reporting in. Also order of the arrow. Wingmontingdink wingolowsek whatahemiway
>>
>>68588212
>Helpless young boy gets raped
>>
File: Untitled.png (88 KB, 212x255) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
88 KB, 212x255
>>68588187
>going to Philmont for more than a week
hahaha
>>
>>68588171
You know what I meant, I shouldn't have to go *god in order for you to figure out it was a typo.
>>
File: 12345565455632.jpg (29 KB, 311x316) Image search: [Google]
12345565455632.jpg
29 KB, 311x316
>>68588291
>mfw i live in indiana
why the fuck would you move to canacuck?
>>
Eagle scout reporting.

I liked it, except all the hippie shit around chief alotwatsakima and brother bitchkonet
>>
Eagle Scout here. I enjoyed getting it and my double silver palms, but I got too busy with school Junior year and regret not participating more then.
>>
>>68588187
meant for
>>68587441
>>
File: image.jpg (75 KB, 450x338) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75 KB, 450x338
>>68585343
What do Mason's have to do with Boy Scouts ?? I have a little brother becoming a Webelo and I don't want him to be a tranny Jew loving sjw feminist
>>
>>68588084
Are you talking about the uniforms with the pocket on the sleeve? I remember when those came out years ago and my SPL joked that they were perfect place to put a pack of Marlboros.
>>
>>68586234

You sound like reddit, I can smell the reddit on you. You have entered the uncanny valley of posts
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 512x384
>I somehow managed to squirm my way out of being the human sump for the entirety of our Philmont trek

I'm not a man am I

Also good god are their a lot of scouts on pol right now
>>
>>68588347
No, they definitely wouldn't.
See >>68587619
>>
>>68588153
>>68588220
>>68588347
different organization but army cadets was open to all genders and i think much better for it, we had a couple of female officers, the male ones were better though because they were actual veterans
>>
>>68588407
ex mormon or ex eagle?
if ex eagle, post pics of all your wives
>>
>>68587742
Dang it,
You know what they say though:
> You may never be a scout.
> But you will always be a boy.
>>
File: yankees cups1.png (502 KB, 429x473) Image search: [Google]
yankees cups1.png
502 KB, 429x473
>>68585343
>join cub scouts though my church
>make it to teen scouts or something
>sout leader had a divorcee
>got super behind in badge work or something
>"drop out" of scouts
it was breddy cool and as a child of a single mother I got to have some dad figures and do shit a dad would do with you
>>
>>68588506
you'd be surprised how redpilled shit gets when you're not surrounded by estrogen fueled media
>>
>>68587942
Honestly, I don't know if this has ever been allowed in the scouts, but the one thing that really got me is the absolutely zero-tolerance stance they have with play-fighting.
Airsoft or Paintball? Nope.
Laser tag? Nope.
Water guns? Nope.
Pointing a stick at your tenderfoot buddy and playing soldier? You'll get your ass chewed out in five seconds flat.

>>68588347
This; As much as it might be made fun of for being "gay", the scouts ought to have remained male only. As much as I love my mother for being invested in scouting, women do far more damage to the goals of scouting than they bring to the table.
>>
File: 1442676471017.png (29 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1442676471017.png
29 KB, 1920x1080
>>68588407
>Wingmontingdink wingolowsek whatahemiway
SPREADING OUR SECRETS
im gonna report you to the OA annon
>>
>>68588447
My dad got a job in Mississauga when I turned 13. I didn't really mind moving away at the time because after I left the troop I had pretty much isolated myself from all of my friends. My mother even homeschooled me for 2 years.
>>
>>68585760
This - got as far as Life before I graduated high school. Honest to god some of the best years of my childhood/adolescence. Put a lot of the skills I learned to use on camping/hunting trips with my dad and we bonded a lot working on different badges.

Still have the old single-shot bolt action .22 he got me when I started working on Riflemanship. I still take it out a couple times a month.

If anything, the only real disappointment about the BSA is how soft it's gotten with all the PC/special snowflake crap the last 10-15 years. Used to be the words "keep myself physically strong mentally awake and morally straight" meant you stayed fit, used your head, and remained faithful and moral... but now the whole organization is full of fat, retarded, degenerates who expect to show up and get a sashful of merit badges just for participating.
>>
>>68588686
boyscouts has turned into a no fun allowed organization
but if you have a cool scout leader like i did a lot of fun and dangerous things happen off the books
>>
>>68588492
No i mean the Nobuttons. the zippers everywhere ect.
>>
File: uEUYE.jpg (103 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
uEUYE.jpg
103 KB, 600x418
>>68588493
>>
>>68585343
Eagle Scout here. And fuck you for trying to make the experience more than having fun with your friends and helping your community. I don't see inner city niggers trying to plant trees or help the elderly.
>>
>>68588781
Incidentally - Scouting for Food was last weekend.

Who here remembered to set out cans?
>>
File: 1449521538232.jpg (44 KB, 600x678) Image search: [Google]
1449521538232.jpg
44 KB, 600x678
>All these fellow Eagle Scout /pol/acks

Hopefully the BSA won't be dead by the time I have kids. I got a lot out of it.
>>
I got up to Webelos when I was younger but that was about it
>>
>>68589176
or... take them camping and shoot some animals, wish my dad took me hunting when i was a kid.
my first kill was with an air rifle and a yellow finch
>>
>>68588796
I honestly wish boy scouts was a legitimate, semi-militaristic youth group. Just being able to develop discipline, obedience, and diligence in simulated wargames alongside scoutcraft, survival skills, and so forth would go a long way to making it a proper organization.

Hell, just have lots of inter-patrol and inter-troop competition beyond bullshit camporee (nothing but knots, lashing, and 5th grade teamwork) and more rigourous physical standards would go a long way.
You have no idea how many fatbodied pieces of lard were in my troop, and how nobody gave a damn about it despite them slowing hikes down to like two miles an hour.
>>
Who here got unusual merit badges?

I got Stalking (a 100th anniversary one)
Welding (pretty new one)
Nuclear Science or something like that
>>
Someone describe scouts to me? Imjust starting to get into hiking/camping yet I never had been a part of, or been explained to, what boy scouts are
>>
>>68589290
I got a fair bit of them, I don't have my sash on me right now (left my uniform at home for uni, wish I hadn't)

Nuclear Engineering was damn fun, considering it was taught by one of my troop leaders who was an actual nuke-engineer.
>>
File: 1445998857144.png (130 KB, 396x381) Image search: [Google]
1445998857144.png
130 KB, 396x381
>>68589276
My dad went on the camping trips with my troop when he could, also we took trips on our own from time to time.

Not every outdoor activity should be with your family alone, Anon. Scouting teaches leadership and shit for kids.
>>
>>68589290
I got horseback riding, aviation, and some other weird ones.

Mostly because we had a naval aviator as a parent in the troop and he taught aviation, and my mommy taught horseback riding.
>>
>>68588810
>get rank of Eagle in 2008
>brotherhood in OA before that
>traditional buttons are gone to be replaced by zippers
WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT

>>68588796
Depended on your troop but yeah, cool leaders let fun shit happen off the books. My initial scoutmaster was an amazing man (in the shit he allowed us to do and as a person). His replacement was a no fun allowed hardass.

>>68588303
This. My area never really enforced anything regarding what the Mormons gave a fuck about, because we weren't anywhere near Utah.
>>
>>68589290
I got the carpentry and the signaling merit badges. I am still using the shelf I made in carpentry. They were only awarded during in 2010 for the 100th anniversary.
>>
>>68588933

I'm watching you, don't think you can just post here without lurking

Consider yourself on the shitlist
>>
>>68586234
Boy scunt here. Heil Hitler
>>
>>68589285
We would have two groups of hikers, the fast ones and the slow ones.

I remember one trip, a 3 day hike across a mountain crest, where we turned back after the 2nd day because the slow members were complaining too much

Gah it pissed us all off. Although, on the way back down I ate an entire bag of shredded cheese that was meant for the 3rd day. Heh
>>
>>68588796
>be me
>Be at summer camp 1990 NY
>mixed gender Venture troop in campsite over
>Giant wooden pirate ship at the camp for some reason.
>be 1 am
>convene on the deck of our pirate ship.
>make plan
>head over to the venture campsite
>we looted the booty.
>go back to tents
>never speak of it again
>>
>>68589364
imagine going camping with a bunch of like minded bros, catching your own food (sometimes), and learning various skills for woodland survival.
now throw that all out the window because it's all about team building and knot tieing.
>>
The troops in my area had gang-like rivalries complete with violence, mostly stemming from a rivalry between the local mormon churches. Eventually all the leadership quit and our troop was disbanded.

I don't have a very high opinion of the scouts, but my experience was probably not typical.
>>
>>68589364
Basically, what scouts was (and should be), is a youth group for young boys to learn fieldcraft, scoutcraft, survival skills, trade skills, as well as to socialize them with a healthy respect of authority and diligence, as well as imparting traditional American morals and giving them a sense of belonging with their peers.
>>
>>68589497 here
>replied to my twin brother
Ayyyyy lmao. We both got Eagle. I'll take pics as proof.
>>
Damn, whoda thunk there'd be so many of us bastards here?
>>
>>68589379
>nuclear engineering
probably isn't what it sounds like
but did they teach you how to turn the potassium isotope in your banana into a nuclear reactor?
>>
>>68585343

Here's your redpill. The globalist elite are pulling the strings to shit up the education system in an attempt to both create a dumbed down populace and equalize performance between historically disparate groups to push their agenda.

It has gotten so bad that recently, in a study of 30 so called first world countries, high school students in the USA placed (something like) 29th in math 27th in science.

So Exxon Mobil gave the BSA (and other organizations) a multimillion dollar grant to teach kids STEM. I can tell you a majority of that went towards a website, infrastructure like badges and shit for a program, and to pay some heavy hitting Ph.D names to develop a curriculum.

But at the state level, councils and the tens of thousands of troops nationwide that constitute them need help implementing this in their activities. If you are tired of watching this generation going to shit and feel like you wish you could do something to contribute to your community, the betterment of boys into men, and the future of the nation, listen the fuck up.

MAN. UP.

You want a redpill? The decline of society depends on the weakness and apathy of otherwise strong men. Stand up, get involved, and help create a better world. We could use volunteers like you with a background in scouts. Google your local council, contact the "Round Table Coordinator" (monthly SM meeting) and take one night off of porn and Netflix and video games to show up for the future.

www.scouting.org/stem.aspx
>>
My first camping trip was the worst. It was some sort of festival ground set up in the middle of nowhere. I was 10 years old, got separated from my group, had no money, and there were no water fountains so I walked around absolutely parched for 5-6 hours. Later that night I went on my first snipe hunt.
>>
>>68589686
Unfortunately, no; no-fun-allowed and all that.
>>
File: 1447394867143.jpg (13 KB, 182x350) Image search: [Google]
1447394867143.jpg
13 KB, 182x350
>>68589734
>The globalist elite

Stopped reading there
>>
>>68589548
This was a summer thing too? Damn I wish u did this shit and not stay home at video games. Fuck they just wanted me to do sports but I dropped that shit when my bro stuck with it.
>>
Was a boy scout, shit was awesome. Knowing a few basic knots and how to light a fire without accelerate has turned out to be awesome life skills to have.

Worked for the local counsel for 8 years, by the end utterly despise the organization. The council, not BSA as a whole.
>>
>>68589540
>mixed gender Venture troop in campsite over
God fuck Venture Scouts it was like they only existed to make guys have awkward boners.
I remember both the BSA and Venture troops being super duper strict about fraternizing at least where i was.
One kid in my troop actually got kicked out for hooking up with one
>>
Soap cars, dawg. Soap cars. That's all I remember tbqh
>>
File: 26213.jpg (75 KB, 704x724) Image search: [Google]
26213.jpg
75 KB, 704x724
>>68589734
>100 replies to a redpill thread, first actual redpill
>>
TX eagle scout here. Wish I had gotten palms. Scouting is a great thing for boys to be a part of. Keeps them on the straight and narrow for the most part.
>>
>>68589808
damn, stunting the nuclear sciences for our youth
>>
>>68589734
When I get out of uni, I'm almost certain that I'll hook up with a troop as a leader. We can turn this around, anon.
>>
>>68589686
Hey, we got to go inside an actual reactor, so it wasn't all that bad.

Also,
>tfw you are cozy in your cot at camp when you hear all of the cucks heading down to the 20° lake at 5:00 in the morning to get a polar bear swim badge

THEY HAD TO DO IT 4 DAYS IN A ROW HAH
>>
>>68589540
Alpine was it with the ship?

GNYC representing
>>
>>68589734

t. 2010 Eagle Scout
>>
>>68585343
Eagle scout, vigil honor here. I teach kids every summer how to exercise their 2nd amendment. Fucking based as shit.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (30 KB, 160x172) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
30 KB, 160x172
WHO /SINGLE DIGIT NUMBER/ HERE?
>>
>>68589854
Eh i wish i did venturing tho, the troop in my area looked like it wasn't strict at all. i swear i could have gotten girl scout pussy if i had joined.
>>
File: IMG_1955.jpg (741 KB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1955.jpg
741 KB, 2448x3264
>>68589651 here
proof of Eagle delivered.
>>
File: 1446603418139.jpg (8 KB, 222x216) Image search: [Google]
1446603418139.jpg
8 KB, 222x216
>>68590148
>mfw Troop 1
>>
>>68586519
It's Boy Scouts of AMERICA, not Boy Scouts of Sweden.
>>
File: show_image.jpg (61 KB, 600x405) Image search: [Google]
show_image.jpg
61 KB, 600x405
If you live in the Southeast and your troop never made a trip to Buffalo National River park, you did it wrong.
>>
File: TRUMPING MEXICANS.webm (446 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
TRUMPING MEXICANS.webm
446 KB, 500x500
>>68590084
teach them anon, teach them our ways, and in a few short years they will be apart of the glorious kebab removal unit in the holy trump crusade
>>
File: hilter.jpg (148 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
hilter.jpg
148 KB, 1024x768
>>68586234
Eagle scout and national socialist reporting in. Heil Hitler!
>>
Scouting is based. Got to do a summer camp where all you had was mountain man tech, including no flash lights

t. NC eagle scout
>>
File: 1453254708847s.jpg (4 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1453254708847s.jpg
4 KB, 125x125
>>68590011
YES IT WAS ALPINE! KEK
>>
>>68585760
I got two years into scouting, said "fuck this" and opted for a focus on athletics instead. I'd make that decision again and again.
>>
>>68590193
ya know the troop can choose any number not already in use in its council upon chartering, right?

Hell, they can change numbers if they feel like it.
>>
>>68590210
He's right though..
I'm positive I'm a disturbed gay paedo because of my scout master raping me for three months...>>68587619
>>
Didn't get to eagle because I chose to play sports instead. Did go on some neat trips though. We illegally spelunked inside a bat cave filled with endangered bats. The experience was ruined because some autistic kid got claustrophobia and started crying.
>>
>>68590183
Congrats hears your, "wow nice proof, your not a faggot" merit badge.
>>
>>68590293
Damn. I was in from early 2000's to around 2010. It's still there if you you're wondering.
>>
>>68586234
Other Eagle here
>>
>>68585343
Wew, Bucks County, PA Troop 124 here.
>>
File: trumping mexicans.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
trumping mexicans.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>68590272
meant to post this
>>
>>68590343
What's your point?
>>
>>68589953

Why wait? It's one night a month to help build the program.

Also

>all these salty Canadians and British cucks
All the proof you need to know Scouting is God-tier
>>
Was in the scouts, but don't think I ever advanced much past "Tenderfoot"

Was just in it for the dank campouts and cave diving
>>
>>68590434
holy fuck that was my troop

do you still meet in that presbyterian church?
>>
>>68589810

>It's happening for no reason

You have a better explanation, I am sure
>>
Alright Scouts, list off the injuries that happened to kids in your troop

>two broken legs on a skiing trip
>a stabbed hand at camp the day after the kid got his chit... He then stabbed himself again a week after the stitches came out
>food poisoning from camp turkey dinner. He had to be driven 4 hours to a hospital to get an IV
>many a bloody noses from British Bulldogs
>lots of burns from stoves and playing with lighters. Oh god were there lots of burns
>broken arm from climbing a tree, and then falling

I'm probably forgetting of a lot but whatever
>>
>>68590423
Haha good times on that pirate ship man
>>
>>68590567
I wouldn't hate the organization as much if it weren't filled with child predators.
>>
>>68590567
My major is pretty tough on me desu anon, and I know that there's more than just one night a month of preperation for being a scout leader.

Also,
>no car
>>
>>68590649
There was the fort in the same camp IIRC. threw rocks at each other and had a rock war in the middle of the night between our patrols till the SPL told us to chill.
>>
>>68590599
Nah, we met at some Catholic church school thing. Queen of the Universe it was called.
We did sometimes meet at a protestant Church if it wasn't open, though.
>>
>>68590647
>Rectal bleeding from having my scout master rape my asshole
>>
>>68590193
Troop 1 too.
>>
>>68588115
Damn me and my buddy went back to back on one similar to that, and watched the sunrise on tooth. Philmont was one of those trips that fuckin sucked during but looking back the bad things fade away and the good memories are most that's left.
>>
>>68590778
oh when did you leave?
>>
File: 1443667328212.jpg (20 KB, 306x306) Image search: [Google]
1443667328212.jpg
20 KB, 306x306
>>68590661
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_Scouts_of_America_sex_abuse_cases#Specific_cases

>12 cases in 106 year history

Not nearly as big of a problem has the catholic church tbqh.

Probably happens in the BSA at about the same rate as public school teachers.
>>
>>68590906
Not too long ago, about 2 years ago. Didn't make eagle, but eh.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
Some of the best memories and lessons I've had came from this programe. I regualrly help out with a loval troop and summer camp to this very day.
>>
>>68588291
Why don't you make like your flag and leave?
>>
>>68590647
>The kid who literally tripped into a wiped cream pie
>the manhunt game where the a life scout (who was kicked out of the troop for the incident) kicked down a shed door and ran in with a knife and stabled a kid with it, emotionally and physically scarring him for life.
>the kid who cut his finger in half and had to get stitches
>me who stood up while white water rafting fell off and got an concussion
oh god the list goes on and on
>>
>Eagle Scout

Backed out when they scheduled my session to have my blood group tattoo
>>
>>68585343
Well here the scouts are mixed, my lil sis is in the scouts its pretty good senpai lets you get disciplined and teaches the kids a bunch of stuff on survival techniques and what not pretty useful
>>
>>68585343
The scout movement is something really special.
They teach kids the basics of leadership, teamwork, survival (hunting, cooking, navigation, take care of yourself), difficult decision making, respect, tolerate other people, take care of your environment and to not be an asshole.

So yes there's some bluepilled stuff, but honestly all it is about is teaching kids basic skills and values parents should teach them.
>>
>>68590972
>12 cases

HA! They're covering that shit up like the Catholic church then! I don't see my case mentioned on that list!
>>
>>68590821
Yeah Philmont was a blast.

Except that one day where we hiked 5 extra miles because of a wrong turn.

best memory by far was watching the ISS go over at the black mountain campsite. Pretty poignant moment
>>
>>68585343
Another Eagle scout here, camping was some of the best times I had growing up.
>>
>>68585343
I was a boy scout til I made it to star? I forget the rank, but basically I got sick of working to get merit badges. My troop had the best trips around GA's Appalachians. Also went to canoe based, we have 10/10 boundary waters with a fucking leaf.
>>
File: left_shark.jpg (25 KB, 285x259) Image search: [Google]
left_shark.jpg
25 KB, 285x259
>>68590596
>Was just in it for the dank campouts and cave diving
Cave diving was pretty fun, I enjoyed that. On the other hand, one campout at thirteen
>go hours away from home
>dead of winter, snowy as fuq
>get told it's a ten minute hike for some caves
>it's an hour and a half
>get in the caves, cold as fuck
>starts off casually enough
>quickly becomes narrow as fuq. think backed up against the wall, both feet sideways in the same direction, not wide enough for both feet to completely be on the ledge (worse for adults)
>incline of wall behind and below is over 70 degrees; guide casually comments that when people fall, they can't be rescued as the fall is over 200 feet without any way to leave
>finally get to slightly wider part
>have to climb 20 feet down via rope
>it's even less safe ahead
>adults call it quits at this point
>back out of the cave

With how narrow it was... it didn't seem that far in but it took fucking forever because you had to go slow. I think we got to the cave at 9AM (one hour drive from camp) and we got to the cave around 10AM. We got out of the cave around 1PM, back to the vans at 2PM, and back at camp at 3:30PM (stopped for lunch back at the car).

I didn't realize how close to dying I was in that cave, because the fucking rock was also DAMP. Not running water over the surface but moist. Looking back, it's probably the closest I've ever been to death. Hiking, diving in caves, swimming in a lake (that was full of leeches)... nothing came close to how dangerous that was.
>>
>>68591063
>>the kid who cut his finger in half and had to get stitches

We had one genius who did that cutting open glow sticks and dumping it on himself.
>>
Eagle Scout here too

I had a great time in scouting, I think it depends a lot on the troop
>>
>>68590774
oh god my experience with that fort deserves a 4 post long green text anon, i don't have it in me to type it out.
>>
>>68590707

One night a month is just the round table. It will take going to several of those to get scoutmasters to start bringing the STEM program into practice even slightly. I understand having a tough major (was tissue engineering) but at least find out when and where your local council meets. It could be down the street on an off night for you.
>>
>>68591046
That actually made me chuckle. Good job.
>>
>>68590647
>cut my foot on an oyster bed because I was an idiot and took my watershoes off while kayaking
>kid was bouldering and started showing off for some normie chick hikers nearby, fell 15 feet and broke his arm and ankle
>kid refused to shit for four days while on a canoe trip, had to go to the doctor after he got profusely sick
>some idiot thought it was a bright idea to toss a can of cheeze-whiz in the fire; 3 sent home from lacerations due to makeshift cheese-grenade
>two idiots roughhousing on a hiking trip out in west texas, one gets shoved a bit too hard and rolls into a cactus patch
>kid struggling to set up an A-fram, leg somehow snaps up and catches him in the eye
>tenderfoots playing flashlight tag at night, one has the bright idea to go prone in the grass and crawl towards the flag, promptly gets trampled
>>
>>68590647
Don't have any great injuries from my time as a scout. Working at a BSA summer camp though... oh god!

This one time the director of scoutcraft (outdoor skills area in official BSA parlance) got all pissed at his boss when he got told to go cut down some trees on a really hot day. Normally we'd cut down trees out on land the camp owned but noone ever really went to. So he grabbed an axe and started swinging wildly at a tree in his program area. Until he missed and cut off his little toe that is.

Poor 15 year old CIT got to run it down to the headquarters building to get it on ice while the adults went to get set up for the 45 minute trip to the hospital.

Toe ended up getting reattached fine, and now that story gets used in axe safety lessons.
>>
>>68585760

Like this guy, it means well, but for some reason over the past few decades it's attracted massive autistic sperglords who would rather be spending their time on Skyrim than hiking through a woods. They did it in elementary school because it was cool and never seemed to know when to let go. The actual principles it bases itself off of have become lost as losers keep joining it.

I say this as an Eagle Scout as well.
>>
>>68591227
Do it! that fort was that shit.
>>
>>68587513
Mah nigga in that Order of the arrow
>>
>>68591238
Alright anon, you've talked me into it. I'll see what I can do.
>>
>>68588781
Do they still require you acknowledge God in order to become Eagle?
>>
>>68591046
BTFO
T
F
O
>>
>>68590821
Philmont is overrated.

Who here /East Pennsylvania Camping/?
Bashore is alright. Horseshoe is absolute shit. Trexler was also shit. Minsi was mediocre, tbqh.
>>
>>68591142

He'll burn in hell anon. My whole point is to stop feeling like a powerless victim and become a man who effects positive change in the life of young men.
>>
>>68587513
Fucking circle ten council. Your first year scouts are the fucking worst.
>>
Another Eagle reporting, Troop 644. Its full of slobs and autists now, which I hate. When I first joined, the leadership guys, (17 and 18 year olds) were all redpilled, fit, handsome guys who made racist jokes and got one of the scouts off drugs. I tried to emulate them when I became an Assistant Senior Patrol Leader and hope I did a good job, but I hear the Troop is populated by Private School autists and nerds.

Great experience and I think every boy should go through something similar, maybe even mandatory.
>>
>>68591386
They require an affirmation in a higher power, whether that be God, YHWH, Allah, Bhudda, Vishnu, Odin, or the divine clockmaker if you take the deist cop-out.
>>
>>68591479
I'm a Big Brother mentor to this fatherless kid from Ukraine. I'm giving back in a different way.
>>
>>68591275
>>some idiot thought it was a bright idea to toss a can of cheeze-whiz in the fire; 3 sent home from lacerations due to makeshift cheese-grenade

10/10

Worse we had was throwing hot coals into a latrine, It caught fire right as the ranger was coming to inspect the site pre-departure. Scout Master distracted him enough the we could put it out.
>>
Alright faggots, what were your Eagle Projects?

I don't want to hear any lame things like painting a fence.

Also, who here has concerned parents ban certain foods from hikes? We weren't allowed to make hamburgers or bring poptarts
>>
>>68591206
10/10 cave diving is best diving
>>
File: 1458165756790.jpg (48 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1458165756790.jpg
48 KB, 500x378
ADD ANOTHER EAGLE SCOUT BOYS BUCKS COUNTY REPORTING
>>
File: 1410289527757.png (98 KB, 600x500) Image search: [Google]
1410289527757.png
98 KB, 600x500
>>68591619
>weren't allowed to make hamburgers

The fuck
>>
>>68590193
Former president Crew 123.
>>
Heh, was scout in least organized troop in my area. Kids were chill as heck and we had fun, even though I really hate going out and doing stuff. But stuck with it till eagle since I knew if I quite I'd hardly ever go out and do stuff with people. If I hadn't I probably wouldn't have gotten into the good college I did.
>>
File: bE3W3Wq.png (93 KB, 500x599) Image search: [Google]
bE3W3Wq.png
93 KB, 500x599
Troop 183 reporting in. My troop was the shit when I joined and then everything quickly went downhill. Our Scoutmaster had quit the troop an our next scoutmaster quite frankly sucked. We used to go on such awesome hiking and camping trips. So I stopped attending when those events stopped happening almost everyone had stopped going so I instead kept pursuing sports. I really wish I would've made it to eagle. I was life though. Seriously miss those days.
>>
>>68591619

I repainted a shotgun range/platforms and made a new porch and fixed a stove for the gun/rod club

then i shot a black powder gun it was awesome
>>
>>68591619
I would say, but unfortunately it was big (and unique) enough that you could likely trace it to me.

All I know is that it's great that my Scoutmaster required us to do construction projects, whether that be putting bird-spikes on fences, constructing a gazebo, or laying down two miles of mulch for a path.

>Also, who here has concerned parents ban certain foods from hikes? We weren't allowed to make hamburgers or bring poptarts
Our Scoutmaster banned soda entirely, despite shitty parents sneaking it into cracker barrel under his nose. Other than that, everything was fair game.
>>
>>68591557

As an atheist, I nearly shit myself finding out about this after an Eagle Scout interview. After I passed we all were all talking and somehow the question was brought up if anyone ever failed. They said pretty much all interviewees passed, but they had one guy who pretty much flat out said god didn't exist. They told me he still passed after he acknowledge the existence of a higher being.

My guess is after this guy found out he was about to sink 6 years of work over a stupid question he reworded it.
>>
>>68586234

Eagle here. I volunteer on the weekends from time to time as well.

We need more boys in scouts.
>>
Eagle Scout and Order of the Arrow here. Scouts was fucking amazing. I really need to look into getting involved with the local troop.
>>
>>68591840
It happens to a lot of troops anon. They come and go.
>>
>>68591357
ill just give a tl;dr
>1 am - 5 am
>obtain box of eggs
>knights use castle as base
>pirates use ship
>it was basically paint pall with eggs in the middle of the night for 4 hours strait.
>final hour consisted of us egging scout masters who were chancing us.
longest tl;dr ever but that was the gist of it.
>>
>>68591386
Technically yes, because one of your references has the to be a religious reference. But my troop had three openly avowed atheists, two of which became Eagle. Its possible to get away with it easily, because they can't read your mind and the religious reference requirement is kind of lax.
>>
>>68591688
BUCKS COUNTY COUNCIL BEST COUNTY COUNCIL. CAN'T FUCKING STUMP OCKANICKON KLONDIKE DERBY.
FUCK THAT ONE YEAR WHERE THE TREES FUCKING BENDED OVER DUE TO HEAVY SNOW
>>
>>68591711
Lol yeah.

That ban happened in my 2nd year.

On one pre-ban trip, some genius got all of the buns sandy since he dropped them on the beach, where we were cooking.

That was a fun trip... We made the cooking firepit as so that we could maker dinner, and then build walls with sand around it to defend it from the rising tide. The moment the wall finaly broke was pretty cool, the water hitting the coals made a gigantic steam blast
>>
>>68591619

Installed 3 benches at a dog park. It doesn't sound like a lot, but the benches were really high quality shit made out of composite materials and metal that was driven into a concrete base. Hardest part was gathering the 1,000 dollars to purchase all of them.

>tfw only 5 years later and one of the benches is already gone after a large tree fell on it
>>
>>68591619
Designed new animal cucksheds called "Coyote Houses" for Southwest Wildlife.
>Their previous design was total shit and had flat roofs which pooled water which rotted the structure.
>Cleaners had to crawl inside to clean coyote and other animal shit out from the house

>I designed a sloped roof which was attached to hinges so cleaners could reach inside without crawling through the door.
----
>One hindu kid so my patrol couldn't eat beef
>One Jew kid who always complained about the ham in the dining hall at camp, he turned himself into a meme by doing it at every meal
>>
>>68591983
>>68591557
Why do you think this is a requirement?
>>
>>68585343
Eagle Scout here.

Ask me anything.
>>
I smoked more weed and drank more beer as a summer camp staffer than I ever have in my adult life. Yes, it was degenerate, but every scout I know turned out redpilled as fuck. Especially OA. Vigil honor was like receiving your SS lightning bolts.
>>
>>68585343
Faggy boy scouts lol, how was penis inspection day?
>>
>>68590647
Kid two years younger than me though it'd be funny to cover all the shit on the picnic tables at our camp site in bug spray and light it on fire. Our scout master, who was in the middle of changing for the OA ceremony heard the "foom" and proceeded to sprint full speed across the entire length of the campsite in his boxers and kick the little dumbass right in the ass, throw a fire blanket over the tables, and then chew the kid out for 15 minutes.

I believe the medical term is "butthurt"
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 300x225
>>68585343
I got news for you: it depends entirely on what troop you're in. Some are the last bastions of positive male bonding and teaching. Others are where they stick all the kids that were too good to be sent to juvie, but too insufferable to be tolerated anywhere else, and the scoutmasters hand out Eagle like candy.

I backpacked in the Rockies, Appalachians, and Olympics. Where else can a kid get that kind of experience these days?
>>
File: 20160306143520.jpg (495 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
20160306143520.jpg
495 KB, 1600x900
>>68586234
Eagle/Crown scout and Heil Hitler.

>>68588187
Holy shit man. I was the Patrol Leader and the giant fatty in the group thought he had the same size shoes as me but he ended up getting 3 sizes too larger and got a blister half the size of his foot. Trek 35 :^)))
>>
>>68592169
What happened to physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight, anon? I hope you did all that stuff in private, or at least away from the scouts.

>>68592211
Fuck off, leaf.
>>
>>68592211
Pretty shit. >>68590383
>>
>>68585343
Nothing more than an organization of gay pedophiles who molest children under the shield of a "Christian" service org. I want them all to burn in hell for what they did to me.
>>
>>68592221
Lmao my chad friend threw a bottle of Axe into a fire and it blew up and a piece of Axe Shrapnel had to be removed from his leg, fucker deserved it.
>>
fucking faggots developing morals and helping the community

good thing im a memer amririte??? XDD
>>
>>68592093
The last part of the Scout Law is "A Scout is reverent." At least that was the reason I was given. It might have something to do with a lot churches chartering the organization and that you might be considered unpatriotic if you are an atheist.
>>
>>68591943
The absence of his leadership led to the downfall of our troop. It seriously sucks. Definitely want to get my kid into it if I ever get to have a son.
>>
>>68592169
During my OA initiation thingy the people running it gave in to the complaints of the scouts (even though they were supposed to NOT SAY ANYTHING) and they gave us more to eat than a single egg.

I ate that 2nd egg in disgust. We were supposed to be hungry goddamnit

>that ultimate bro moment when you shake someone's hand in that weird way
>>
File: 1425518151743-2.gif (439 KB, 500x378) Image search: [Google]
1425518151743-2.gif
439 KB, 500x378
>>68591998

HAHA each event was like a vacation it was amazing
>>
>>68591275
No injuries on this one but it reminded me
>go to summer camp at age 14
>We have a lot of kids this year of a variety of ages... senior patrol is pretty cool with a good grip on the younguns. scoutmaster respected but knows when to play unofficial. good environment all around, probably best year of scouts. anyhow
>very rainy the prior week of camp. nightly fire is hard to light
>recreational day at camp (no merit badge workshops) - some older guys go hiking, some go canoeing, some go to hit/"hang" with the staff in their campground... younger guys and two lazy/dumber guys from the senior patrol are left at camp
>I was part of the hiking group and return to see the fire pit
>there is wood stacked for a giant fucking bonfire. about fifteen feet tall at the top
>adults point out there's no way to light it
>SPL goons say that it would be dangerous to try to disassemble because it could fall over on a kid or something
>adults eventually acquiesce and let us burn our bonfire, after cleaning up anything flammable anywhere near the ring of the fire pit
>of course, the wood is so damn wet and thick it won't light
>scoutmaster gets some "boy scout water" (kerosene) and tosses it on the burning tinder
>repeat five times
>catches light
>now we have a fire
>within five minutes the entire thing is ablaze
>flames funnel through the top to about thirty feet
>flame is visible from other campsights
>neighboring campers come thinking there's a forest fire
>flames so hot nobody can comfortably be within 20 feet (initially, then 15) of the damn thing
>have to have 3-4 guys use smaller trees that fell (think 4-5 inches thick, 15-20 feet long) to poke the thing in so it won't collapse randomly in one direction
>have to take shifts to watch the standing red hot logs to make sure nothing collapses while most are asleep after 2AM
Good fucking times.
>>
>>68592169
I drank more the summers I worked at summer camp than any other time in my life. Taught climbing merit badge still drunk from the night before. Did a lot of knots while I slowly set up the climbing gear cause I was so goddamn dizzy and had to quadruple check everything.
>>
>>68586050
Yeah, eagle here. Some of my best experience are through scouting.
>>
>>68592339
You were raped by your scout master, too? Fuck that piece of shit, I know how you feel...
>>
>>68585343
Did you just get Eagle Scout?
I got eagle like a year ago. Pretty fun and really teaches you skills up until you do the final rank. Lots of BS redtape and all to go through.
>>
>>68592169
>OA
(don't know how to spell it) Mona-him-uh-say

>>68592467
Fuck, everyone here is a scout.
Did anyone else have precisely 0 libs in their troop after kids the first kids dropped from your patrol?
>>
>>68586607
Have you found any concrete benefits to bring an Eagle Scout.
Son is a 15-1/2 yr old First Clsss scout and >this close< to leaving (in since age 6) b/c of other interests! Anything I can share with him?

CONGRATS BTW, you elite mofo.
>>
>>68592418
>>that ultimate bro moment when you shake someone's hand in that weird way
>tfw both of you simutaneously shift whatever you were carrying to your right hand, shake with your left, give a nod of affirmation and go on with the day
Being an Eagle has given me so many brothers, it's a wonderful feeling.
>>
File: image.png (186 KB, 1125x2001) Image search: [Google]
image.png
186 KB, 1125x2001
>>68592093

Pic related.
>>
>>68585343
Been a scout my whole life. Camped with American scouts tons of times, pretty chill overall. Some of my best memories are from scouting. Im still in it today as a first aid volunteer.
>>
I wasn't allowed to get my driver's licence until I had eagle scout
>>
If you're looking for red pill, venture scouts, or civil air patrol are badass
>>
>>68592547
I got mine right before they changed how the Eagle Project works. Everyone else in my patrol had to do a tonne of bullshit.

When I switched over to Belgian scouts I got Crown and I swear I met the only redpilled kids in Belgium.

>>68592647
>know that feel
I wasn't allowed to get my learner's until I got Eagle.
>>
>>68592560
The only lib parents were the ones that used it for babysitting.
No interest in meetings. No volunteering.
Just dropped their kid off for the weekend.
>>
File: 1456978132447.jpg (978 KB, 1500x1001) Image search: [Google]
1456978132447.jpg
978 KB, 1500x1001
WE NEED: The Trump Scouts of America
>>
>>68592451
Nice! I wish our troop let us build shit that big, but the most we ever did were camp gates and (admittedly big) weather rocks.
>>
>>68587742
>not doing CAP instead and getting that sweet sweet military indoctrination
>>
>>68592560
Mostly military bases for me except for two years, so pretty much everyone was conservative.
>>
Eagle Scout troop 6 reporting in. I joined scouts as a bear an went all the way till I aged out, loved the first couple of years when we had a based scoutmaster who would take us camping once a month. During that time frame I chokeslammed a kid, punched another one in the face a couple of times, then sat on this one annoying fucker and rubbed his face in the dirt. For two of these altercations the scout masters watched it happen, it really does just depend on the leadership of the troop.
>>
>>68592560
Was in a troop in Queens NYC so we were all pretty left then a lot of troops i'm sure.
>>
>>68592578
You'd be surprised how many adults like seeing that shit on a resume. I never thought to include Eagle Scout, but every time a potential so employer found out I was one, they were either happy to hear it, or were a former scout themselves. Either way, apparently people really take that as a sign that you're a moral achiever.
>>
>>68592736
I had maybe the worst and least helpful Eagle Project out there, and my parents totally pushed me to do Eagle way too much.
I mean I knew how to do everything, just I didn't really want to do the whole "leading thing" to my Troop,cause we had a huge troop of like 100 kids, and they were all like 14 at most. Sucked so much, so I used my friends from outside scouting ot help me.
I didn't fundraise for the project either - parents paid for it.
>>
>>68592718
I think most Eagles (except from eagle factory troops) end up pretty redpilled, especially if they did summer camp and all the high adventure bases.

>>68592761
We had one Jew when I was in America, 1 in Belgium and the parents on both sides were lazy liberals that dropped their kids off.

>>68592846
>>68592857
>>68592901

Who /SUMMIT BECHTEL/ here?
I got to go as a guide last summer and that shit was cash. Met some Japanese scouts there and they somehow managed to smuggle alcohol down river the whole time.
>>
Also all venture chicks nowadays are fugly af. The only good thing about them is their desperate.
>>
>>68585343
I was a tiger, wolf, bear, bobcat and then a boy scout.

That was my childhood activity rather than sports.

We camped outdoors, learned skills.

I greatly regret not taking the information with me through out life. I wish I knew nots to the point where I'd know which to use in a situation without using the Internet.

I stopped just sort of Eagle. I got bored and I like playing in drumline more but I was on track to get it my freshmen year. Scout leader was a breddy cool guy. Had tons of friends. One I an still friends with today.

On a trip to DC we had a chomo driver and our scout master had his ass fired.

What it is now? I'd never let my son do it. I'm sure there are better alternatives. I don't want my son hawking pop corn to people in front of the Kroger. That shit is lame. When I did it you went door to door.

Boy scouts is also where I learned what an uncut dick looks like and then we made fun of him. (Shower)
>>
>>68592578
Yeah, definitely job benefits, and if your kid doesn't do sports and whatnot. Great on college apps for leadership, team skills, personal growth etc.
>>
>>68592901
Can you please truly confirm that?

I've been told that by nearly everyone, yet I've seen nearly no one in my liberal California have any high regards for Eagle Scouts.
>>
>>68592983
>Who /SUMMIT BECHTEL/ here?
2013 Jambo, the site itself was amazing.
Definitely want to go back when there aren't several hundred thousand scouts jockeying for a few hundred bikes.
>>
>>68593142
That's because you're in liberal California, anon. Anywhere else will net you benefits, trust me.
>>
Eagle Scout, remained active in the program until 2014 when i left high school

A lot of what people are saying is true, it's filled with sperglords whose parents force them into the program thinking that it will undo their shitty parenting. (To their credit, it sometimes works.)

If you put effort into the program (go to camps, go to high adventures, learn the skills, become a leader, etc.) it can be very, very rewarding. There are still good people in the program as well.
>>
>>68592578
Eagle here, it is practically all I wrote about in my admission essay for my states Honors College. People eat this shit up. My girlfriend told here dad that I was an Eagle when we first started dating and it made it a lot easier for him because it is so respected.

I finished before I turned 15, just work with him to get it done ASAP, one more year at scout camp to load up on those Eagle Reqs, then do all the rest in free time.

It will serve him well, I promise.
>>
>>68586828
>>68587227
Look at this random blog I found about a mom taking her kids out out of the egale scouts for not accepting faggots. It was just a little funny to me.

http://sarahandthegoonsquad.com/2012/08/09/we-are-taking-our-son-out-of-cub-scouts

>This isn’t fair to my son. This isn’t fair to my brother. How can these close minded, paranoid, bigots ruin scouting for little boys everywhere? Scouting is about adventure. Scouting is about leadership. Scouting is about respect and education and camping.

>Well, scouting was about all of those things. Now it is about civil rights. It has to be. We have to stand up and say that this is unacceptable or nothing will change. It is hard, and unpleasant, and I know that my little boy is going to cry when I tell him that he can’t be in scouts with his friends anymore and I hate making him cry.

>My son’s den is full of kind leaders who are good tolerant men. My son’s den is full of wonderful boys, some of whom would not have been allowed in a white den 70 years ago. I like to think we have come a long way from those days, but here we are again.

>I guess I will tell him that the Girl Scouts accept self-identifying girls no matter gender they were born with and that it makes me proud. I suppose I will explain that when hate groups threatened to boycott Girl Scout cookies because the GSUSA let 7 year old Bobby Montoya join a Brownies the Girl Scouts stood behind Bobby and his troop.
>>
>>68593227
God bless you.

Can you further confirm that it would help for any Computer Science / Computer related field?
Would it put me ahead?

Also, do they really care a lot about your project, or is there any other area they like?
>>
>>68585343
shit, I wish I was in boy scouts. I love camping.
>>
>>68585343
You don't need to join an organization like that. Just get a group of parents to go camping with their children and teach them scouting skills they need to know.
>>
>>68585343
I was a Boy Scout, all my Scoutmasters were Die-hard crazy hilarious right-wing bastards. We did a ton of crazy camping trips, it was pretty great, no brainwashing
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.