[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your favorite native american people /pol/ ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5
Or do you have one at all?
>>
>>68582671
Despite being conquered in the time it took the conquistador to say "grab that guy!", the incas are actually one of my favorite native peoples.

They built a great empire in less than ideal lands, and were the only ones to come with the rather obvious (with hindsight) idea of terrace farming.

"We have no valleys"
"Make mountains into terraces, now we have farm land."
"Okay"

Their building techniques were great, their empire was ornanized, and i would say their only problem was being so certain of their power that when the conquistadores said "hey, take us to your leader," they actually did it.

Also less human sacrifice than the mayas. That's always a plus.

Of course being chilean, and more importantly, half mapuche, I should say mapuches, I guess. But it bothers me that people waits UNTIL AFTER the white guys build their farms and prepare the land before crying about it.

Here's how it is

Ancestral mapuche lands --> check
White guy goes to chilean government and buys it from them. For some reason. Despite the numerous treaties saying it is still mapuche land. --> check

Up to there, anyone can see the problem, right? yes, mapuches have a right to complain, anyone will agree. BUT:

White guys clear the land
White guys build a house
White guys work the land

Why dont we prevent them from building their houses? why dont we prevent them from cleaning the land? why dont we prevent them from working the land?

Is the fact that we wait until the house is built, the land is ready to work or ready to harvest, before complaining, which really throws a wrench into our victim narrative.

You see what I'm saying, right?

Yeah, we successfully resisted the inca, the spaniards, the german, italian and sweddish settlers and now we have a peace agreement with the chilean government that gets ignored more than a midget between giants, but the fact that we wait until AFTER ppl build their house, to complain, bothers me.
>>
File: 1458650161973.png (470 KB, 555x630) Image search: [Google]
1458650161973.png
470 KB, 555x630
>>68583959
Their architecture was impressive, the rocks fit in the length of a sheet of paper, great carving, high energy.
But Pizarro had strength, the strength we need, to make Machu Pichu great again.
He grabbed that guy, defended a city siege of 10 mins and killed by one greedy jew.
Jews are low energy
>>
>>68582671
We've got the best ones, they didn't bend over to Europeans within 10 minutes unlike most.
>>
>>68584860
I think is different.
The spaniards had experience with dem tribal niggas
They brought cannons, and the niggers heard that shit and were spooked like it was the fucking armageddon
Instead, Apache (lol helicopter named tribe) and Chickensaw got a grip of the white man. See battle of Little Bighorn
>>
>>68584542
Now I wanna see a picture of a inca with a hat that says "Making Macchu Pichu great again."

>>68584860
Arguably, its because the north american tribes had no central government to overthrow, though.

I mean, as a chilean, I could joke about how the incas toppled over in less time than it takes me to take out the trash, but the fact is that you cant cut the head of a snake to kill the body when theres no head, or even a snake to begin with.

Technology disadvantage meant that the maya and the inca were doomed to fall when the spaniards rolled in on top of their warhorses with their metal armors, cannons, steel weapons, etc.

Tribes with no central government on the other side, had a hell of a easier time resisting.

Sure, inca macchu pichu will last forever, but an apache tent can go anywhere, you get what I'm saying?
>>
>>68585439
>Now I wanna see a picture of a inca with a hat that says "Making Macchu Pichu great again."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PB7DPdiIQOI
>>
>>68586258
Bretty gucci sempai
Sorry for the niggers that are living in your country
We hate them too here :(
>>
>>68587149
Funny thing is, they talk over facebook and go like "you can get hundreds of dollars a month in chile!" and then the niggers go "im so going!" and become illegal immigrants, but while yes, it is true, you can make a few hundred dollars a month as minimum salary, here's the thing:

WHEN THERE'S MORE MONEY, FOOD AND RENT ARE ALSO MORE EXPENSIVE!!

Yes, you get about 500 dollars as minimal wage over here, but you will find that it costs about 300 just to eat and sleep, 150 to move around, and that doesnt really leaves much for anything else.

Most of the immigrants dont ask about that, though, and almost all of them end up whoring themselves or trying to marry a chilean with money.

Honestly, im not complaining. The inflix of desperate women has done wonders for the formerly-bitchy attitude of the local women, you know? now they can't be as bitchy anymore.
>>
>>68582671

Cherokee. Without them, I wouldn't be alive.
>>
>>68582671
The dead kind
>>
>>68587586
Typical gibsmedat
Honestly, if they'd dared to work here, they would do at least 1k dollars and since everything is dirt cheap ascend to middle class in a couple of years.
Their kids could grow to upper class
But since it's niggers, their laziness is doom
>>
I don't know about favorite, but inuits are intriguing.

what the fuck are they doing, living around the arctic ocean for thousands of years? Why didn't their ancestors keep going south like the rest?

surely they understood even at the time that the more you keep going south, the warmer it becomes and the more game there is.
>>
>>68582671
Did you pull that retarded graphic off Facebook cuck? The Incas fought for 40 years.
>>
>>68587899
hi elizabeth
>>
Dead ones
>>
>>68588723
Those are fair points. I wonder... well, you need to consider, seals were probably really plentiful, as were fish, so the "food is easier to get to the south" doesnt really holds much water... but "it is warmer" is ironclad.

On the other side, they probably didnt had to fight anyone over the right to live in the ice.

Cold in Peace vs Warmth and War, maybe?

>>68588723
Rebels dont count, or you could argue that france never surrendered to germany
>>
>>68582671
My great-grandad was Miami

He went on to abandon his nation, marry a german broad, and become a dentist

I don't know much about the other groups and my family is excommunicated. I still mark my ethnicity as caucasian and native-american for bennies
>>
>>68589877
That sounds amazing. What happens when people tries to "white priviledge" you into shutting up?
>>
>>68582671
Mayans and Incas were sedentary societies that relied mainly on agriculture to survive, they weren't good fighters like the hunter/gatherers up north.
>>
>>68587586
My Dad's uncles are pretty well off in Santiago, started a bunch of arcades or something decades ago. Worth visiting?
My Grandma's too old to travel, but she keeps in touch with everyone and they've been very welcoming to meeting me if I ever come
>>
File: chiriguano.jpg (603 KB, 2500x1875) Image search: [Google]
chiriguano.jpg
603 KB, 2500x1875
Probably the Ava Guarani, they dominated the area between North Argentina, Paraguay and East Bolivia.

They were feared by the incas as "giant" men
They fought back against the spanish and were never subdued during the entire colonial dominion, they fought against the Paraguayan and Argentine government and had no decisive losses, they waged war against the Bolivian government and attempted to take the eastern lands away from the west Bolivian dominated government but their leader was assinated by a rival tribe in Bolivia.

Fought in the chaco war for both sides and against both sides and only after that war did their numbers dwindle to the point they had to integrate to western society to survive.

Pretty cool people.
>>
>>68590043
I usually just point out that their concepts only hold true from a very western-centric point of view that has little meaning to someone whose grandparents come from 3 different continents
>>
>>68590484
Well, it depends. Santiago is a modern city with pollution problems, but it has café with legs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMWVEXUibQo&feature=youtu.be

Other than that, its a pretty normal modern city. Its been completely modernizes (read, it has no special mood or personality) but the rest of chile is actually super interesting. You have the world's dryest desert in the north, and the fucking antartic in the south, so it really depends on what you want out of a visit.

If you want tourism, we have LOTS of different environments, we have kayak sailing, climbing, deserts, mountains, forests, foshing at sea or lake, some interesting fauna, and such.
>>
File: Kachina.jpg (182 KB, 1060x1536) Image search: [Google]
Kachina.jpg
182 KB, 1060x1536
>>68582671
Probably Pueblo, I have an odd obsession with pic related.
>>
>>68582671
I like the Meso-Americans and Andeans in general, NAmerIndians can get fucked though.
>>
>>68582671

iroquois
>>
>>68591112
Yeah, I would definitely go hiking and skiing in the Andes (I assume you can ski/snowboard there?)

How good should my spanish be? I can usually understand my family, but they are all well educated and speak to me like a kid since dad never taught me. I cant understand the spanish of my local area (chicago), but I'm not sure if that's just because they speak like retards
>>
>>68591822

oneida, specifically

aztecs pretty cool too
>>
>>68592166
>Yeah, I would definitely go hiking and skiing in the Andes (I assume you can ski/snowboard there?)

Yes. As someone who has gotten lost in both sand and snow storms, I have to say "yes"

By the way, yes, it is the dryest desert in the world. How dry? dry enough theres no bacteria in the sand. Dry enough NASA uses it to test going to mars. Dry enough the temperature difference between night and day is terrifying. If you go to the desert and plan on staying 15 minutes after sunset, take artic gear with you because it can get COLD. And if the myst known as the camanchaca grabs you, then you will be very very wet and very very cold, which is not a winning combination.

Beware the fucking desert, is all im saying.
>>
I guess the Powhatan because they used to live around here
>>
>>68592166
Oh and keep in mind that cabs are pretty cheap, but the price varies a lot between cities.

Ask a policeman or a local about cab prices before you board one. I am going to assume cabbies trying to rob tourists are universal, right?

For example, in Arica, you can go ANYWHERE within the city for 3k pesos, which is like 5-6 dollars.

Well, our smallest coin is the peso. We dont have cents. I guess it would be fair to say that 5-6 pesos is 1 cent?

in Santiago, taxis have that running thing whose name in english i cant remember right now. And the cab drivers will try to cheat you with all the old tricks, like taking a scenic route or saying the thing is broken or such. ASK THE PRICE BEFORE BOARDING AND STICK TO IT

Also, dont try to bribe any policeman.

Chilean cops get promoted if they dennounce bribe attempts, so they dream of people trying to bribe them. Just don't.

If you go to Peru or Bolivia, sure, theyre shamelessly corrupt over there, but in Chile, dont even try it.
>>
File: indian.jpg (19 KB, 700x419) Image search: [Google]
indian.jpg
19 KB, 700x419
>>68585439
>north american tribes had no central government
>>
>>68582671
>Maya
Here is the conquistador war summary

>Be tribe ruled by Aztec conqueror
>Treats me like shit
>Spanish people come
>with horses and stuff never seen before
>Help them kill the aztecs
>they kill me too in the process
>>
>>68593859
oh? where was your capital? your works of engineering? your industrial centers? your one ruler that could be killed/kidnapped to collapse your culture?
>>
>>68593859
That flag was for one set of tribes in obe region and meant nothing for neighbors. There was nothing in the North that came close to the Inca or Aztec empires.
>>
>>68594415
Thanks for clarifying
>>
>>68582671
The Incas rebelled a year later and then fought against the Spanish for 40 years, though.
>>
>>68594732
The french people rebelled against the nazis and fought bravely through the resistance, but France still appears as having surrendered to them on history books everywhere, for some reason.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.