[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is genetic cleansing all that bad?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 674x668) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 674x668
Is it all that horrible to rid the world of weak genes?
>>
>>68572556
Not at all. How are we defining weak though?
>>
>>68572874
Beta, linked with autism, predisposition to drugs/alcoholism, the like
>>
>>68573093
Well, if those traits can be identified and linked with specific genes, then yes, absolutely sterilize the carriers of said genes.
>>
>>68573318
Glad to know I'm not the only one. But is it still ethically right? And how do we cleanse them? Outright execution? Or just barring them from breeding?
>>
>>68573318
But we probably wouldn't need a test for most people. Folks with multiple DUIs and repeated possession of controlled substances should be sterilized right away. EVERY one of the "recovering addicts" is a sad husk of a human waiting for death.
>>
>>68573816
Couldn't have said it better myself. As we have this thread to ourselves.
>>
>>68573696
It is ethically right. Think of all the future suffering that could be prevented by just a small sacrifice of reproductive capabilities of a minority of individuals.

I would not be in favor of outright execution though, just sterilization.
>>
>>68572556
>know one

Eugenics will make a comeback in the future. It's pretty much a necessity for us to get off our decadent asses and start colonizing space.
>>
>>68572556
On paper it's great, in practice it's brutal.
>>
>>68574227
Didn't make the pic, desu
>>
>>68574227
Agree. As human life becomes more abundant, it also grows more worthless. Basic economics.
>>
>>68572556
Fuck I want some jellybeans now. I think my local grocery store just got one of those machines. I need to run there soon anyway.
>>
>>68574371
Sometimes you have to be willing to do the hard thing for the betterment of something greater than yourself.
>>
Do we have a choice???
>>
>>68574154
In case it wasn't clear, I'm not advocating for sterilization of someone who smoked some weed when they were 13. I'm talking about addicts.
>>
>>68575047
Having a choice kinda goes against the nature of forced sterilization doesn't it.

Perhaps there could be some financial compensation for the afflicted.
>>
>>68575416
Not a half bad idea
>>
>>68573093
I would also like to add, low IQ (~70), excessively fat (400+lbs), and the very short (2 standard deviations below mean) to the list.
>>
>>68574371
That's just your modern morality talking, a morality formed and sustained only because we live in a world of abundance and can afford to be nice. It's not universal. In an overpopulated world, or in the brutal environment of space where everything has to be tightly controlled, society would start to look a lot more fascist.
>>
>>68576021
Thanks, I've been kicking this idea around in my head for a while.
>>
>>68573318
Absolutely this, I dont want more people like me in the world. I want more people like my Christopher. He's special and perfect and will make American Great again.
>>
>>68572556
>Life is like a jar of jellybeans
>No one likes the nigger, spic, kike, and arab ones
>>
>>68576244
Agreed. Keep the human population in perfect condition. Fascism is honestly not bad once overpopulation occurs
>>
Shameless self bump
>>
>>68576347
If we start cutting our population now, very incrementally, by sterilizing the very worst humans, we will be able to preserve gene diversity. Humans would get ever so slightly measurably better.

I'm honestly surprised we're not already doing this. We have no back-ups. We're riding down the cosmic highway with our ass out the window. We don't even have any means to get to another planet, if we managed to find one that would suit us perfectly.
>>
>>68577816
>asses out the window
Glorious
>>
>>68573318
Under what authority does anyone have to sterilize other people? I want you to rationally explain how that isn't craziness.

Termination of downie or otherwise fucked up babies is another story.
>>
>>68577005
Due to the nature of the exponential function, and human's apparent lack of understanding of it, overpopulation is very possible within a few decades.
>>
>>68578122
You're coming at this from a perspective that human life is intrinsically valuable. This is wrong.
>>
>>68578364
No I'm not. I'm somewhat of a Nihilist in theory.

Value is subjective.
>>
>>68578364
You are quickly becoming friend material. Overpopulation is giant threat, as is overconsumption. Both of these are coining fast
>>
>>68578739
Authority is subjective as well. One does not technically need authority to begin the cleanse
>>
>>68572556
What? Black jelly beans are tasty.

>know
>>
>>68578808
>Overpopulation is giant threat

People just don't understand this. In 2012 the world population hit 7 billion people, we're nearly at 7.5 billion now. Ain't the white man's fault though.
>>
>>68572556
well lets see
>white people
>youtube
>iphones
>space travel

>darkies
>everyone walks around being a dick
>dumb women make their pussy loose without realizing that sex eventually gets boring
>>
>>68579090
You'd need authority to hold that position from the mass of people who'd oppose that. "The Cleanse" would be literal murder and genocide. It might be for good reasons but that's the wrong way of doing it.
>>
...I like black jellybeans.
>>
>>68578808
As human population grows, there will be more and more constraints on the things we "have" to do.

We may soon have to give up agricultural-based meat products because of the damage that that industry seems to do to the environment.

I say "seems" because I really haven't made the time to sit down and really look at the data put forth by the environmentalists.

But it doesn't matter what one lowly anon thinks, once an idea gets put into the hearts of the masses.
>>
>>68579320
It wouldn't be murder, just prevention. And the only genocide is the elimination of "bad" genes
>>
>>68579320
I haven't seen anyone here advocate murder or genocide. What I've been talking about is akin to a gentle pruning of the garden of humanity.
>>
>>68579881
Exactly, no straight killing, just prevention. As for the numbers, I'll research some tonight. Do you have kik or anything? I like the way you think and would love to continue the discussion after this thread closes.
>>
>>68579320
You're going down a slippery slope. Asking someone not to reproduce is very different to genocide. And they can still adopt kids (if they're not addicts anyway).
Or are you saying that it's racist to stop downies from reproducing? They wouldn't even be alive in the first place, were it not for civilization.
>>
>>68579697
>>68579881
But what gives you the right to make that decision for another person? By natural universal law anybody is allowed to reproduce if they're a living adult.

Should some people reproduce? Absolutely not, but I at least understand it's not my place to tell or force that person to get sterilized and end their genetic line. Like I said before, termination of pregnancies where the children have horrible life-affecting birth defects is quite alright, even humane, but you guys just don't understand how useful dumb and weak people are for everyone involved.
>>
>>68580394
>By natural universal law anybody is allowed to reproduce if they're a living adult.
What is this objective rights fuckery?
>>
>>68580394
Natural law has these people dying already, especially downies. And feel free to explain how weak people are useful?
>>
>>68580820
Do you believe you're not entitled to drinking water and a source of food as a right by being a living creature?

>>68580919
>And feel free to explain how weak people are useful?

They can serve more uses than blue collar menial labour, I feel like I shouldn't even have to explain that. So you agree that dumb people have their uses, correct?
>>
>>68580394
I'm not talking about attempting to create some false utopia free of dumb people or anything like that. I realize there must be a spectrum of human intelligence.

I'm simply proposing that we sterilize people that fall 2 standard deviations below mean for certain undesirable traits.

>But what gives you the right to make that decision for another person?

The right of the many. By definition we would outnumber the undesirables 40 to 1.
>>
>>68581125
Of course not. These "rights" are just things that people made up. Nature doesn't grant such things. It's all just your opinion man. How can you be so ignorant as to believe that living beings have the right to sustenance... just by existing? That's hilarious.
>>
>>68581383
>I'm simply proposing that we sterilize people that fall 2 standard deviations below mean for certain undesirable traits

And what do you think this will do for humanity as a whole? How will this benefit us?

>The right of the many.

Do you even know how many of those many actually support your position?
>>
>>68581125
Not really, I don't agree. Slave labor is similar to what you describe for them, no? As for water and food, it isn't a "right" to those. You don't deserve someone to give that to you.
>>
>>68581855
>How can you be so ignorant as to believe that living beings have the right to sustenance... just by existing? That's hilarious.

You can pretend natural law doesn't exist all you want, but your absolutely wrong.
>>
>>68581859
Once overpopulation sets in, I'm sure many will support this
>>
>>68581986
>Slave labor is similar to what you describe for them, no?

Someone could argue that, I suppose.

>You don't deserve someone to give that to you.

I didn't' say people deserve other people's things.

Nobody has to give you any of those, you can forage for food and way to grow and make your own food free of cost. As for water, it's fucking water. You can find drinking water anywhere.

You have the natural right to forage and drink water.
>>
>>68582212
Overpopulation is already setting in, by the time shit hits the fan there won't be anything to stop it.
>>
>>68572556
Genetic cleansing is taken care of naturally by selection, it has only become a problem recently because of nanny state leftism brainwashing

>everyone has a right to life liberty n happiness
>clearly this means that everyone can and should reproduce
>>
>>68582019
I believe his position on natural rights/natural law is correct. The only rights you truly have are those that you are able to protect and enforce. Existence alone does not guarantee these rights, only your ability to exercise them. I realize how barbaric this might sound, but it holds true even today.
>>
>>68572556
>know one
knowbody can be this stupid
>>
File: 1456218994293.png (560 KB, 1080x1076) Image search: [Google]
1456218994293.png
560 KB, 1080x1076
ITT: Supreme Obsidian Level Edgelords

Fascism will never win.

Also eugenics will never happen.

If it does

Genetic engineered humans will make you all mince meat
>>
>>68582261
You got some good points, I'll give ya that. And yes, natural right to forage is true, but those who can't do that are some of the people we would be cleansing
>>
>>68582261
You got some good points, I'll give ya that. And yes, natural right to forage is true, but those who can't do that are some of the people we would be cleansing
>>
>>68574227

Humanity can do eugenics very humanely now.

Just pay inferiors to get spayed or neutered.

Give them an IQ test; anything under 100 gets a vasectomy or a hysterectomy and free vocational school. Easy peasy.
>>
>>68582499
Mfw my ID changes and it posts twice
>>
>>68582019
>natural law states that you have a right to water and food

top kek friendo, top kek
>>
File: jellybeans2.jpg (173 KB, 666x500) Image search: [Google]
jellybeans2.jpg
173 KB, 666x500
>>68572556
godfuckingdamn you faggot - if you're going to do it then fucking do it right.
>>
>>68573093
>Beta, linked with autism
We already reproduce very little.
No need for full sterilization.
>>
>>68582582
You're not wrong. Compensation is a good idea
>>
>>68582709
Stole the pic from iFunny, not going to lie. We know what cancer their spelling is
>>
>>68582261
>You have the natural right to forage and drink water.
Not if I drink and forage the limited resources first. I might even eat you too. You're projecting your spoiled first world values onto nature, which is infuriating.
>>
>>68582776
But there are those cases of betas getting beta chicks, that needs to be stopped
>>
>>68580394
>By natural universal law anybody is allowed to reproduce if they're a living adult
Social contract, cucknada. I have the natural right to kill animals because you can't stop me, unless I'm being protected by your power.
>>
File: 1Untitled.png (129 KB, 278x282) Image search: [Google]
1Untitled.png
129 KB, 278x282
>>68582457
>>68582499
What the fuck?

Anyway, I know where you're coming from.

>But those who can't do that are some of the people we would be cleansing

But even then, my point still stands. This person would serve his use by providing someone with a job taking care of that person. Yes, that person could be off doing something "more productive" but when you think about it there are millions of artists who could be argued to be equally as wasteful.

>>68582424

>The only rights you truly have are those that you are able to protect and enforce. Existence alone does not guarantee these rights, only your ability to exercise them.

I agree with you 100% on that point. It sounds barbaric because it CAN be barbaric, let's not kid ourselves. Terrible shit had to happen for us to get here, that's nature.
>>
>>68581859
This would improve humanity as a whole. Depending on what traits we select for, humans could become more intelligent on average, more disease resistant, less prone to violent crime, to name a few. It all depends on what traits we want to improve upon.

And the other thing I wanted to stress was that this would take a long time by our standards.

>How will this benefit us?
"We" would probably see very little benefit from this at first. It's more of a planting seeds for future generations kind of thing.

>Do you even know how many of those many actually support your position?

Due to most people believing that they have an absolute right to breed I know this will be a very unpopular opinion, but I'm in the right place for that, am I not?
>>
>>68582892
>Not if I drink and forage the limited resources first.

I don't understand what you mean by this.

>I might even eat you too.

Go for it. That's murder and cannibalism, which is illegal in nearly every country. By natural law if you were in a situation where you were starving and had no way of feeding yourself, you have that natural right to try and kill me but I'm sure as fuck not going to let that happen.

>You're projecting your spoiled first world values onto nature, which is infuriating.

No, I'm not.
>>
>>68583108
>This person would serve his use by providing someone with a job taking care of that person
>comparing art to cleaning retard shit
Holy shit, man.
Just to avoid the AYKM meme, I'll give you a reason. Artists (good ones) are subversive by nature and keep society on its toes, reminding it of what they destroy and protect and forcing it to constantly question those values. In good societies, art reinforces values; in bad ones, it attacks them.
And you're really telling me that it's fine that a nurse who could be tending to the injured tends instead to a birth defect, because she's still as useful as an artist.
>>
>>68582345
I think the overpopulation was caused by the advance of medicine rather than leftism brainwashing. What else could we do as a species? Not creating the penicillin?
>>
>>68583297
>No, I'm not.
Yes, you are. The idea of "rights" is artificial. Nature's only laws are "eat or die" and "as long as it obeys physics, go for it". The state doesn't have the obligation to do shit for you; it has duties for those who choose to join it and rights as rewards, all artificial.
A right is something to be accepted and defended unconditionally; when you say he has the right to kill you, it's a contradiction for you to say you'll stop him. Him being able to kill you doesn't mean he has the right to; someone has to give him the right, someone has to protect that right.
>>
>>68583415
Beethoven was the son of a woman with syphilis and a drunk. From an eugenic perspective, he should never born
>>
>>68583415
>Artists (good ones) are subversive by nature and keep society on its toes, reminding it of what they destroy and protect and forcing it to constantly question those values. In good societies, art reinforces values; in bad ones, it attacks them.

And the "bad" ones? Again, just as wasteful.

>And you're really telling me that it's fine that a nurse who could be tending to the injured tends instead to a birth defect, because she's still as useful as an artist.

Man you're just like one of those cocksuckers that says to police officers: "WHY AREN'T YOU OUT CATCHING MURDERS AND CHILD RAPISTS YOU FUCKING PIGS?"

There isn't an unlimited steady supply of injured people waiting to be treated by nurses who are care providers, otherwise their jobs would have been allocated.

Why isn't that Wal-Mart employee out saving lives? Why isn't that daycare worker out saving lives? Why isn't that game designer out saving lines? That's not their job.
>>
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 736x736
IS THIS THE END OF THE WHITE RACE? IS WHITE GENOCIDE REAL? WATCH THIS SHORT ONE MINUTE VDEO AND FIND OUT FOR YOURSELF..........
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I4Zj_3utyhw
>>
>>68583704
Even apes show some basic laws for ensuring the community. The law of the jungle is a power fantasy from a sociopath
>>
>>68583704
Jesus fuck you little worm, if you read my previous posts you'd know I'm not talking about governmental obligations to their citizens.

I'm talking about obligations to your own self as a living being.

>when you say he has the right to kill you, it's a contradiction for you to say you'll stop him.

Notice how I said "try?"

Lay off the coke, Colombia.
>>
>>68583169
I also want to add that I realize that sterilization is an idea detestable and barbaric to most people and I hope something better comes along, but it is something we can start doing right now.

I would rather start taking a measured action right now, than have to take drastic action in the future.
>>
>>68583878
That doesn't change anything. It just proves that the fundamental unit of human and ape society is the tribe (and its genes) rather than the individual. It doesn't mean that "rights" exist outside of your mind and desires. That tribe will still do whatever it takes to survive, other tribes be damned.
>>
>>68583715
There's no way (as of now) to measure someone's future potential. It would have been a shame not to let him be born, but it would have been rational. I can say he would have been healthier and lived longer but there's no point in such ifs; in any case, unless you can predict who'll be an artist, it's still better to go by statistics and assume retarded people will be retarded.
>>68583926
>obligations as a living being
If you think you must have a kid and your state doesn't, you have all the right to leave. >>68583716
>The bad ones
Those are the reason why you shouldn't give extra support to art. Private patrons worked just fine. Besides, their existence doesn't disprove the advantages of good art.
>>68583878
You mean to tell me that apes, nonpredators who have to defend against a bigger threat, also have a form of government? How shocking!
What exactly makes their structure natural and ours artificial?
>>
File: samhtyde.jpg (28 KB, 636x358) Image search: [Google]
samhtyde.jpg
28 KB, 636x358
>>68573093

>autism

but our environment selects for autistic traits, mild aspergers is a boon, it makes you more productive and more detail oriented.
>>
File: happiness.png (461 KB, 565x486) Image search: [Google]
happiness.png
461 KB, 565x486
>>68572556

weak genes might serve an undiscovered/unrecognize purpose though.

>see: thalassimic anemia giving you resistance to lethal blood diseases

We should exercise discretion about culling genes, get remove the ones that have been PROVEN bad within a 98% margin of error.
>>
>>68585305
Fair enough. Weed out the proven genes
>>
>>68582865
bad enough to set me off to download the pic, caption it and repost here. it took a bit to find pic with 1 black one
>>
File: 1458446917759.png (154 KB, 430x540) Image search: [Google]
1458446917759.png
154 KB, 430x540
>>68572556
>know
Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.