[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It would cost the US around $15-20 billion/year to give oil industry
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: Bellefonte_Nuclear_Power_Plant.jpg (1 MB, 1500x996) Image search: [Google]
Bellefonte_Nuclear_Power_Plant.jpg
1 MB, 1500x996
It would cost the US around $15-20 billion/year to give oil industry employees their current pay until they can get a new job. The US subsidizes around $16 billion/year in energy subsidies currently.

Why shouldn't America go fully nuclear/solar/wind again?
>>
I liked how you sneaked some magical forms of energy that are as real as unicorn farts and sparkles along with nuclear. That's your answer fuckhead.
>>
>>68570982
You clearly don't know what a subsidy is
>>
>>68570982
liberals hate nuclear because they are retarded
>>
>>68570982
We should, and that's why the coal and oil companies lobby against it so much.
Where did you think the environmental activist mega party's get their money from?
>>
Are you Bernie Sanders' economic adviser by chance?
>>
File: thorium-t-shirt.jpg (92 KB, 640x550) Image search: [Google]
thorium-t-shirt.jpg
92 KB, 640x550
>>68570982
Oil Companies will try and make as much money as they can. They got every politician in their back pockets since they have more money then any community of people can spend.
>>
As an electrician, you're dreaming with the last two. Transmission is the problem. There is no economical way to do with that with solar, and to a lesser extent, wind. Also, solar is freedom. Already there are states and provinces that make it so difficult to go off grid that it's basically illegal. Need to keep paying your meter connection fee, goy.
>>
>>68571195
I live right next to one retard, I don't even know what you're trying to say. They already exist
>>
>>68570982

Ever heard of a car, nigger?
>>
>>68571832
Nuclear is real dumbass. It's the solar and wind that are bullshit and unrealistic. They're cute pet projects but the electricity they produce is fucking unaffordable without the government paying a portion of every kWhr
>>
>>68571888
just make america smaller, we don't need the west or midwest
>>
>>68572038
well nuclear is meant to be the main source, look at france. Eventually solar and wind technology should improve. Unless capitalism is dead by then
>>
>>68570982
With that same $20 billion we could fund construction of 2-4 Gen-5 fission reactors a year.
>>
just plaster solar panels everywhere. That should have some effect.
>>
>>68572555
Then you have you answer about solar and wind, dumbass. Wait till we have some sci-fi breakthrough that makes them useful before you abandon fossil fuels.
>>
>>68573544
why would it have to be a sci-fi breakthrough?
>>
the US should go nuclear, when you think of the sheer amount of power possible with the fewest resources.

Solar is the future though to one degree or another.
>>
>>68574247
We tried, but we shut one of the plants down because it was leaking.
>>
File: punished jesus.jpg (85 KB, 538x717) Image search: [Google]
punished jesus.jpg
85 KB, 538x717
NUCLEAR
U
C
L
E
A
R
>>
>>68573544
What is this sci-fi breakthrough? The only one we're waiting for is nuclear fusion, and then rejewable energies will be a thing of the past.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.