[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Global Warming: Is it still happening?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8
File: surface-temp-future.jpg (23 KB, 946x521) Image search: [Google]
surface-temp-future.jpg
23 KB, 946x521
A friend of mine has taken the "green pill" recently and won't shut up about climate change being the number 1 issue.

Is it though?

Is there really a scientific consensus? Are there any non-anthropomorphic factors playing a role? Who's pushing global warming? Are there any big pieces of evidence both sides of the argument are missing? And how do you break brainwashing?

My take away at the moment is that the climate change movement is a doomsday cult who can't stand opposing views.

>the science is settled, we must act now!

What do you all think, pol?
>>
File: LIGAFBeta.jpg (28 KB, 300x203) Image search: [Google]
LIGAFBeta.jpg
28 KB, 300x203
>>68559715
Here's my stance:

Yes, global warming is real.
Yes, it is primarily caused (this time around) by manmade pollution.

That being said, FUCK IT. It is unstoppable. No one is going to do what is actually required to stop climate change (kill off large numbers of humans, approx 4-5 billion people at least), so why bother hurting your own economy to try and stop it?

No. Instead of limiting population and population growth, we're going to seed this world with billions more people, nost of them niggers and other shitskins who won't give a flying fuck about the environment or really anything at all other than securing their day-to-day survival.

Humanity is fucked.
The environment is fucked.
The O-zone layer is fucked.
Unless there is widespread nuclear war and mass famine, the climate is fucked.
Trying to stop or slow climate change equates to pissing into the wind.
Mass non-human mammalian dieoffs are inevitable.
Species diversity is fucked.
Forests are fucked.
From here on out, climate change will only accelerate.

Like Is said, guys, fuck it. Pollute all you want; it won't matter at all. Malthus was right.
>>
>Russia and north europe and canada become habitable
> Australians move to Russia
>Central america, africa, asia, and middle east burn to death

shouldn't the Neo Nazis on here like that?
>>
File: 1452869622066.jpg (39 KB, 600x422) Image search: [Google]
1452869622066.jpg
39 KB, 600x422
>>68559715
post this for the retard
>>
>>68559715
>Is there really a scientific consensus?
Yes.
>Who's pushing global warming?
Climate change scientists.

This isn't a matter of "If it's happening or not", it's a matter how big of a problem it is, if we can do anything about, and if it's worth it.
>>
>>68559715
It is real, and we could have done something about it 10 years ago. Now it's to late to prevent. Without some kind of sci-fi magic being invented and paid for, there is nothing we can do to prevent it now. If I won the powerball lottery, I could go out and spend every bit to plant a massive number of trees, but I would do so with the knowledge that it was essentially futile.
>>
This thread is about to diie. Thanks everyone for the replies. I now have a better approach for future inquires.
>>
IGNORE global warming for a sec

OCEAN ACIDIFICATION
>>
File: ipccwgiioabox1[1].jpg (544 KB, 1243x980) Image search: [Google]
ipccwgiioabox1[1].jpg
544 KB, 1243x980
>>68562479

DEAD OCEANS
>>
>>68560727
Finding a nice climate to retire in, won't be nearly as pressing as figuring out what to eat. Most of the things that people like to eat, will no longer be an option.
>>
File: 1451727362867.png (302 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1451727362867.png
302 KB, 500x375
>>68559715
If you listen to people like Ray kurzweil the problem is already solved. Solar energy will be fractions of a cent per kilowatt in the near future and it will be so cheap everything will be powered by solar.
>>
>>68562572

WE ARE FUCKED

You can deny the greenhouse effect of CO2, what the anti-GCC crowd is doing.

You can't deny that CO2 dissolves in water and changes pH BEYOND HISTORIC LEVELS.

Coral reefs ARE WALKING DEAD.

Every shell making animal is DEAD.
>>
>>68562781
>Not investing in nuclear thorium fusion
>>
>>68559715
Science is not settled, and incredibly misleading
http://wattsupwiththat.com
>>
>>68562579
We survived the ice ages, im not worried
>>
>>68562781
Solar engineers only push solar because they can create patents that let them earn residual income without working. Wind is cheaper and more powerful, but the devices are so simple that nobody can patent anything that matters. Solar is what venture capitalist want to get rich quick from. Wind is an honest product that has to obey supply and demand rules to dictate costs and quality.

Nuclear... I dunno. We have a lot of expensive nuclear material that will never be used for anything productive. We just can't seem to resist building the plants near people.
>>
>>68563046
I've hear great things about thorium reactors to. At some point we have to admit that the technology has already been invented to stop climate change we are just in the long process of making the tech efficient.
>>
>>68563057
A few tens of thousand people survived on a diet of big whooly herbivores. Don't expect a larger number to survive the next issue.
>>
>>68563218
You can't beat getting your energy from the sun. Wind is more efficient right now but solar is maturing at an exponential rate by 2025 it will be the most efficient energy source.
>>
>>68563553
We need the technology to already be running. It's already too late. Waiting for 2025 for something new to be ready, is not a good option.
>>
>>68563866
Youre ridiculous. ALL of the apocalyptic predictions are 100 years out.
>>
>>68562895
I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm not very knowledgeable about the ocean acidification effects of CO2... shouldn't the acid levels of the ocean have been much higher a billion years ago, when the oceans had the most amount of life?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.