[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: 6747647.jpg (110 KB, 400x270) Image search: [Google]
6747647.jpg
110 KB, 400x270
What are your opinions on swearing?

I try to avoid doing it in daily life after I've noticed SJWs and leftists use it often, I don't think it's degenerate but I think it should be used moderately.

I also just find it as a turn off when a woman says fuck or shit. I'm ok with anyone saying nigger tho
>>
The internet has caused the biggest proliferation of profanity in daily life. Possibly even more so than TV and hiphop.

4chan is complicit in this
>>
>>68559000
I swear quite a lot in my daily speech, unless it's to some sort of elder or some such. It's just fuckin easier to say fuckin than uh um well u see
>>
Many people dislike it so you should avoid cussing. It's also tacky and gives the impression of a lack of education.
>>
>>68559000

Yes, when I'm at work talking to chum pals.

But my parents never use it, so I self control around them and never use it. They are from the era where it's viewed as revolting, which it kinda is
>>
I find that people who swear are more honest people than those who don't
>>
I've been working as a chef for 20 years, swearing is an integrated part of the language.

'Mop the floor, John' isn't as effective as 'Oi, cuntflaps. Mop the fucking floor.'

Curse words have little or no potency among chefs, but normal people do tend to stare when they're within earshot of a group of chefs inserting three curse words into every fucking sentence.

I don't swear in front of my gran, though.
>>
>>68559000
People who swear a lot just sounds less intelligent. For that reason, I try to avoid it.
>>
i always found it weird that certain words were "frowned" upon. it's just sounds made with your mouth.

i swear whenever i feel like it, if someone is offended by that then it's a plus because sissy faggots will be repelled from me.
>>
>>68559000
It's fairly simple, swearing is pleb tier.
>>
>>68559000
every word has a purpose. I don't swear but don't mind being vulgar. I find a lot of people have to work these words out of their vocabulary around kids and in public situations, it's bad.

I wouldn't treat an argument differently if it involved cussing, I would just realize you've abandoned all hope and resorted to emotion.

Music on the other hand gets dropped, fast, if all that is involved is cussing (not a big fan of lyrics in the first place).
>>
>>68561518
Scotland and Australia seem to use the word 'cunt' as a term of endearment. I think most countries would interpret it as highly offensive.

They're all cunts, though.
>>
Really depends on the context. I will swear indiscriminately among friends or in my home. In public I will use more discretion.

I often hear strangers swearing in public for no reason and to no particular effect, and it is gross. I'm not a prude but discretion and context are what separate the finer things from garbage.
>>
>>68559000
I swear like a sailor, just not around kids. SJW's just happen to have a warped mentality where it's ok to swear in front and allow kids to use such language. If a liberal ever swore in front of my kid....I'll have to to send my kid off and teach a liberal a thing or too.
>>
>>68559000
All depends.
When im at work I keep my dialogue very professional and articulate my sentences to mean exactly what Im trying to convey.
When Im around my kid I refrain from swearing.
But when its just me and friends(or not at work or kid is playing) I curse up a storm.
I mean anyone say what they want but few understand you should choose your words carefully to avoid looking like and unprofessional piece of shit, or a bad influence.
>fuck
>>
>>68563365
They also feel like it empowers them
>I can say fuck look at me im a grown up now cant you tell by my beard im so mature

Again If you have a very serious issue swearing isnt gonna help. Your gonna come off as aggressive and immature
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.