[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
NEW YORK VOTER REGISTRATION DUE FRIDAY
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6
File: new-york-state.png (62 KB, 1350x1041) Image search: [Google]
new-york-state.png
62 KB, 1350x1041
Hey NYfags, you need to register to vote by Friday to vote in the presidential primaries.

>how do I do it
https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application

>If I want to vote in a primary, can I be registered with another party affiliation
No, e.g. if you want to vote in the Republican Primary you must be a registered republican. If you've never registered you can register as a republican. If you're already registered with a non-republican affiliation (this includes "conservative" as a party) then it's too late to switch for the 2016 primaries.

>I won't be in my county on the day of the primary
If you're already registered as a republican fill out, sign, and mail an absentee ballot form to your local board of elections. It must be postmarked no later than Friday March 25th and received by your board of elections no later than March 30th. They will mail your ballot to you and you can fill it out with your vote.
>>
>>68554966
i registered back in highschool years ago and can't remember if i even affiliated with a party. how can i find this shit out?
>>
>>68554966
anyone who seriously thinks their vote matters is a sheep
>>
I registered at my university this week. Those fuckers better not fuck it up
>>
>>68556324
>i registered back in highschool years ago and can't remember if i even affiliated with a party. how can i find this shit out?
https://voterlookup.elections.state.ny.us/

>>68556421
It's questionable on whether NY could ever become a red state in a general election, but if you prefer a particular candidate for the republican side, then that counts.

>>68556848
Probably not. It's easier to do it with the DMV though, and it goes more directly to your board of elections.
>>
File: 1458661885563.jpg (477 KB, 973x742) Image search: [Google]
1458661885563.jpg
477 KB, 973x742
>>68556421
this election has PROVED your vote matters, look at all this shit the media and even GOP are saying about a member of their own party. Trump has a real possibility to win they can't cheat the election this time
>>
>>68556324
I was literally in the same boat, I was able to re-apply and register as a republican. Just finished now.
>>
>>68557118
Except the GOP came out a few days ago and literally said you don't pick the nominee they do.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/03/16/we-choose-the-nominee-not-the-voters-senior-gop-official.html
>>
>>68556962
>https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application

Sweet, I'm still good to go.
>>
>>68557890
If Trump can get to 1,237 before the convention then it will prove votes for Trump mattered.

If he can't, the GOP will be proven right if they broker it to a candidate with fewer delegates.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (33 KB, 549x379) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
33 KB, 549x379
>>68558235
Well here's hoping the GOP doesn't fuck us in the ass.
>>
>>68558775

>needs a little over half (498) delegates to win.
It's pretty much set if the rest of the states are looking as good as Arizona.
>>
>>68559107
As a Commiefornian, He'll sweep among republicans. Nobody cares about Cruz here.
>>
>>68559107
It depends on how many Winner take all states he gets and the proportions in them. And which states (California at 172 delegates winner take all is more important than say, CT with 28, all proportional).
>>
>>68554966
Any other states that have dates coming soon? What about California?
>>
>>68559872
California is june 7th
>>
>>68559872
North Dakota, April 1st is the next. 28 delegates, unbound caucus.
Wisconsin on April 5th. 42 delegates, winner take all.
New York on April 19th, Winner take most (it varies by county, if a candidate has a 50% majority in a county or is the only candidate with more than 20% they take the 3 delegates from that county, otherwise it's proportional).

Next huge date is over a month away (April 26th). Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, all on the same date.
>>
I just changed from ind. to republican online. So I can't vote trump next month?
>>
File: 196786978.jpg (449 KB, 1280x951) Image search: [Google]
196786978.jpg
449 KB, 1280x951
>>68554966
>>
>>68560523
http://gothamist.com/2015/10/06/democracy_bureacracy.php
>An obscure bit of election law (Section 5-304) requires voters to change their party enrollment prior to the registration deadline for the general election in November the year before the primary, giving New York the earliest change-of-party deadline of the 11 U.S. states with a closed primary system. New York is also the only state among those 11 where the deadline doesn't fall within the same calendar year as the primary.
>NY State Board of Elections spokesman Tom Connolly couldn't pinpoint when the rule went into effect, but said he believed it was created to discourage "party raiding," where activists from one party change affiliation en masse to screw with an opposing party's primary results.
>>
>>68559447
ThereĀ“s still a long time to go and a high hispanic population, you might have to put in work for that to hold.
>>
>>68554966
just did my part to register as a republican

t. long island
>>
>>68561167
>If I want to vote in a primary, can I be registered with another party affiliation
No, e.g. if you want to vote in the Republican Primary you must be a registered republican. If you've never registered you can register as a republican. If you're already registered with a non-republican affiliation (this includes "conservative" as a party) then it's too late to switch for the 2016 primaries.
fuck i didnt read that part

tfw you will never vote for donald trump in the primaries
>>
>>68561375
If you were never registered before and you just registered online, you should be OK.

If you were already registered in New York under a non-republican party, then yeah, it's too late. You had to change before November of 2015.
>>
>>68560523
prob not it's some a restriction put in place so outsiders of the repub party can't have a say in the repub primaries cause having a say means you might pick who they dont want
>>
File: general_trump.jpg (120 KB, 490x752) Image search: [Google]
general_trump.jpg
120 KB, 490x752
>>68558235
This...NY has a LOT of Fucking delegates. If he can get over 50% in NY he gets all that shit....

He needs to win NY and Cali.

NY and CALI Fags don't let us down!!!
>>
>>68561167
Mastic Beach here
>>
Orange County reporting in.
Any other 845s here?
>>
>>68561956
914 on the border of 845 here (west/put border)
how are things west of the hudson
>>
>>68561935
>This...NY has a LOT of Fucking delegates. If he can get over 50% in NY he gets all that shit....
Not quite. 14 delegates are statewide based off the popular vote statewide. 81 of them (27 NY counties * 3 delegates per county) are based on county results. For the majority of delegates, it's based on the per county results, if he gets a majority of delegates in a given county he gets all 3 delegates.

Point being, he could win the popular vote statewide, and potentially lose certain counties and not get all of the delegates NY has.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.