[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ok /pol/ I'm buying a new car. Should I try the global
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7
File: would it.jpg (8 KB, 350x144) Image search: [Google]
would it.jpg
8 KB, 350x144
ok /pol/

I'm buying a new car. Should I try the global market or buy only something American?

I should follow the free market principle and only buy an item that performs best for my dollar. On the other hand, I don't wanna just give my money to the Nazis or Japs. My grandfather fought them in WWII. I can't do that to him...
>>
I'm torn as well

I want a race bike

and Harleys are slow
>>
>>68549422
American cars are shit, and I'm not saying this as a Slovene but as a mechanical engineer.
>>
>>68549422
Buy Korean. Unlike American companies, the parts are actually manufactured and assembled in the US.
>>
>>68549633
kia is a fag brand.It is what poor people get to look rich
>>
>>68549592
But American trucks are fucking Boss. Dont be such a pussy OP and get an American truck.
>>
buy a car from the 60s that is American. that's how you show your a patriot
>>
>>68549744

>look rich in a kia
>>
>>68549422
Depends what you want

If you want something dull but high quality, buy Japanese or European
If you want something cool but shit, buy American
>>
>>68549744
>Mexicuck mad because I didn't subsidize his faggot country by buying an "American" vehicle made with Mexishit parts
Stay mad, beaner.
>>
>>68549422
>Should I try the global market or buy only something American?

no choice, everything you can buy is global market unless you plan on building your own car out of parts you machine yourself, I suggest doing that or riding a bicycle
>>
>>68549497
>I want a race bike

go Italy
>>
go ahead and buy American, you'll regret it, Germans make the most expensive but most reliable cars

And the Japanese make the most enjoyable moddable cars

Americans make broken pieces of shit that you people pay for
>>
>>68549905
t.kia owner
>>
>>68549852
>european
>high quality

lelno
>>
>>68549422

I haven't owned an American car, and I don't feel bad.

They betrayed us by shipping production overseas, so we don't owe a damned thing, certainly not enough to buy their shitty cars.

Meanwhile, BMW, Mercedes, and VW have all brought plants and jobs to the US.

I've owned four BMWs in my life, personally, and I enjoy them.
>>
>>68549422

>Bought my first car in 2003. It was a 1998 Ford Mustang V6.
>Within two years I had to replace the transmission
>Axels were permanently mis-aligned, so no amount of alignment could ever get the car to go in a straight line without slight correction.
>14 miles per gallon, averaged about 200 miles on a 12 gallon tank. This was in the middle of the $4-5 a gallon gas crisis holy shit.
>Radiator fucking fell out of the thing.

And before you ask, yes, I had regular yearly inspections and maintenance. The was just pure Detroit garbage.

>Finally got a new car in 2014.
>2010 Toyota Yaris
>Gay little K car, sure, but I 300 miles on a 10 gallon tank and save tons on gas.
>The fucking transmission hasn't committed seppuku.
>No problems whatsoever.

Yeah. Sorry. Don't buy a shitty car that'll cost you thousands more in constant repairs out of a sense of patriotism. We suck at manufacturing cars; buy foreign.
>>
>>68549985
Uh, yeah. Never disputed it. It was cheap, runs well and was made in America. What should I buy? An "American" vehicle made in Mexico? A Jap vehicle? A kraut one? Nah.
>>
File: Brocks-H2-G.jpg (665 KB, 2400x1631) Image search: [Google]
Brocks-H2-G.jpg
665 KB, 2400x1631
>>68549943

They don't have superchargers tho
>>
Take my advice and don't take the advice of anyone ITT.
>>
>>68549422
>buying a new car

nice job idiot

>indebt yourself to an automaker for a hunk of metal that will depreciate 70% by the time you pay off the loan

B-BUT IT HAS REAR VIEW CAMERAS AND BLUETOOTH!!!!
>>
File: dacia-militar.jpg (151 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
dacia-militar.jpg
151 KB, 1024x768
>>68549422
Buy a Dacia Duster, military edition.
>>
>>68549987
German cars are damn good
>>
>>68549592
Not really, American cars have reached to become better after the year 2013,, I'm an owner of ford focus. Amazing car.
>>
File: 1453855493544.gif (864 KB, 160x270) Image search: [Google]
1453855493544.gif
864 KB, 160x270
>>68550131
>mustang v6 to a yaris
Wow you went from a bitch mobile to a tampon on wheels, how badly does your family laugh at you fucking kek
>>
>>68550285
god bless you belgium
>>
>>68549422
Op just get the best bang for your buck on the free market. If you really want to hobos your grandfather or support your country simply acquire the maximum amount of shekels and use it to help your causes. Only you can look after your own life.
>>
Japs and Nazis don't use dollars. Any dollars that travel abroad will come back as investment.
>>
>>68549422
Then buy a Volvo, it's like a tank. Also you get to support the Swedish cuck shed fund.
>>
File: 20 Aerodynamic Bubble.jpg (32 KB, 296x220) Image search: [Google]
20 Aerodynamic Bubble.jpg
32 KB, 296x220
>>68549422
Chevy or GMC van. Convert to camper.

> Bug out vehicle and home if your shit gets fucked up
> Travel anywhere without paying for hotel
> Hauls almost as much shit as a pickup
> Perfect for tailgating and road trips
> Plenty of seats for the future as your aryan family grows
>>
>>68549633
>>68550133
You could have bought a Toyota Tundra for the same reasons instead of driving a cuckmobile
>>
>>68549592
>mechanical engineer
k, I belieb you
>>
>>68549816
>>68549905
i kid you not it is douche fag car over here
>>
>>68550535
That's a Romanian flag, and Dacia has that name because it refers to ancient Dacia and the Dacians, who together with Thracians lived in modern Bulgaria and Romania.
>>
>>68549422
you want to know what is american.. a god damn dodge challenger with a big ass hemi. want to know why?

I'll tell you why.

Its got a god damn big ass hemi engine with shit loads of power, just ignore the fact that the engine is made in mexico.

Your saying holy shit, with that much god damn american power, how does the car stay together. Well its a god damn dodge so it really doesn't, but ignore that because the chassis is a old benz design designed in germany.

So your saying holy shit its the god damned zimmerman telegraph of power. well hold on now, its not some sneaky back door trick as the whole thing is assembled in canada, and not that new french upity shit.. the really nice canadians.

Seriously though, just buy the car you like. Unless you are looking for performance I would go Japanese over german. But really, a ford is fine and will last as long as you need it to if you do maintenance.

To those that say "but accords are made in america' most of the money spent on a new car is paying for R&D and construction of components, which for an accord or any foreign make is done in their homeland. So with that accord you are shipping 75% of that money to japan.. but they then buy u.s. treasuries and f-35 fighters.. so it all works out.
>>
>>68550494

But I'm so poor I can barely afford to post on 4chan.
>>
>>68550706
volvos are only good at one thing: stopping.
>>
Get a hellcat challenger, that thing is bad ass.
>>
Buy a Honda. They've been made here in East Liberty Ohio since the 80s.

If you need a truck get a Tundra. They've been made in Princeton Indiana since 1999.

If you want a 4WD crossover, get a Subaru. They've been made in Lafayette Indiana since 1988.

Or get a Toyota Camry. Georgetown KY since 1986.
>>
>>68550713
10/10 would bug out in
>>
File: tesla-elon-musk-1940x1091.jpg (313 KB, 1940x1091) Image search: [Google]
tesla-elon-musk-1940x1091.jpg
313 KB, 1940x1091
>>68549422
>Should I try the global market or buy only something American?
If you had a choice to pick any car. Please for the love of all that is holy, pick a fucking Tesla.
>>
I'm no car expert but i'm pretty confident that your best bet for a reliable car is a Jap one, Toyota or Honda pref

The new Civics and Accords look nice, are fast, and are reliable
>>
>>68550138
>They don't have superchargers tho

yeah but don't the Italian and German bikes have the best top speeds?
>>
>>68552089

no they are better for cornering and tracks

kawasakis are all motor
>>
get a Subaru Forester, will last forever; South Korea isn't a cuckland like eurotrash makers

will last a lifetime
>>
I also agree that Honda and Toyota are your best bets, and in some cases (do your research) those "rice burners" have more American parts in them than fords or Chevys.

I have a 2006 Honda Accord, bought new. It just turned 92k miled with only 2 brake jobs, oil changes and 1 new battery, and it still runs like a raped ape! Plus their resale value is among top values for trade in or sale. I might have a hard time letting my Honda go, but if I did it would be another Honda, or Acura if that could get worked into my budget.

The new Civics are badass, and damn near as roomy as my Accord.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.