[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Extinction is Bliss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: yellowbuddhizm.jpg (3 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
yellowbuddhizm.jpg
3 MB, 2048x1536
I'm a 27 year old intelligent, handsome, healthy white male, born in England, living in America.

I have spent the last decade engaged in a very serious study of the world's religions and theories about the nature of life and death.

Having surveyed the scene in this manner, I've arrived at a conclusion which, to me, seems to be beyond all reproach when truly understood in all its depth.

This conclusion is that "Extinction is Bliss". What this means is that I see no good reason to 1) marry or 2) reproduce. I have been greatly impressed by the teaching of the Buddha, an "aryan" by birth who taught an "ariyan dharma". He concluded that life inherently involves suffering due to universal impermanence and that life is just a vicious cycle of rebirths wherein no lasting happiness or peace can be found except by going extinct (attaining NIRVANA). The logic of antinatalism is embedded within Buddhism in stark contrast to the enthusiastic procreative theistic religions.

If I were to have a child, he or she would suffer, just like I have, in realizing the nature of impermanence, inevitable decay and loss of loved ones, gradual wearing down and death.

I maintain that there is no inherent purpose to our lives, no ultimate goal for which we should reproduce, no reason to continue the "aryan race" in the survival struggle on planet earth. I think we should leave the planet to the cockroaches who love and lust for life and pride themselves in reproduction.

I'd love for someone here to prove me wrong with a clear, logical argument for why I should find a mate and reproduce rather than go extinct. As things stand now, I am happily abiding day by day, certain that I will attain Nirvana and escape the vicious cycle of rebirth into the evolutionary survival struggle of life.

Tell me, why should we have this obsession over our race? What is the end goal? To be the last race standing? I think if you truly examine this problem you will reach the same conclusion as Buddha.
>>
>>68532563
I implore you to stick to your convictions.
Don't reproduce
>>
>I maintain that there is no inherent purpose to our lives, no ultimate goal for which we should reproduce, no reason to continue the "aryan race" in the survival struggle on planet earth. I think we should leave the planet to the cockroaches who love and lust for life and pride themselves in reproduction.

That's an opinion you can't force others to have. I believe in purpose. You can't stop me from thinking otherwise. Enjoy your death I won't be joining you.
>>
>>68532691
Thank you. So far no one has been able to convince me otherwise, although I remain open to the possibility and welcome any attempts. I've lived a life of deep introspection and solitude and this conclusion, succinctly stated for the sake of fitting into one post, is the conclusion I've reached and cannot seem to find any fault in its logic.
>>
>>68533157
Well then, what is your purpose? Is it inherent in you, were you born with it, or is it something conditioned over time by your acquired interests and influences? If you intend on reproducing, why? For what reason?
>>
Lack of inherent purpose doesn't mean it has to be without purpose. We make our own realities, thus we conceive and choose our own purpose. You sound more like a nihilist who is justifying it by comparing himself to Buddha.
>>
>>68533297
My purpose is to create god. That's the reason everything exists. You killing yourself won't change that. Abandoning purpose won't change that. Your spirit will re-enter the world carried by other things.

The only way out is up.
>>
>prove me wrong

If you don't want to believe life is worthless, why don't you get off the couch and find your own reason to live.

>I have surveyed the scene
Not sure what that means but I'm confident surveying outside your basement would do you well.
>>
>>68532563
What about life extention technology? Our generation seems to have a good shot at immortality. If you make it to the 1%, anyways
>>
If you don't want to believe in your beliefs and are just waiting for someone to change your mind, why don't you do it yourself?
>>
>>68532563
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
>>
>>68532563
So this is what Nietzsche meant when he said "Buddhism is a religion for the end and fatigue of a civilization."
>>
>>68532563
kek
>feign british nationality to attract eurocucks
>get american proxy to get amerifats
>relocate from /r9k/ to spread buddhism
you're definitely the same shitposter from /r9k/ who kept posting about how great buddhism is then proceeds to get btfo'd every thread
>>
Do you think creation was an accident?
>>
File: quicksilver.png (164 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
quicksilver.png
164 KB, 300x300
>my life is terrible so that's what everyone elses is like and no one should have kids

no it just means you shouldn't have kids lmao
>>
>>68533669
Yes. Dare. Be silent.
>>
>>68532563
>I maintain that there is no inherent purpose to our lives
It's attaining Nirvana. It's become something you desire and therefore something you won't be able to obtain.Because Nirvana is freedom from desire.
>>
>>68534699
its*
>>
>>68534806
It's = it is
Its = belonging to it
>>
File: parked_girl.jpg (20 KB, 360x318) Image search: [Google]
parked_girl.jpg
20 KB, 360x318
>I'm going to waste the best years of my life NOT seeking connections with other people and NOT looking for my future spouse because I've obtained some secret higher knowledge about life. I'll be the genetic dead end of tens of thousands of generations before me struggling to reproduce and carry on life because I know the true meaning of life that they all missed and that's to achieve personal gratification/bliss by not reproducing.

You sound like a winner.
>>
>>68532563
That maybe the point. Not to bow to animal instincts and you may keep your soul.

But it needs much work to get to that level in my opinion.

Giving up sex was easy. But to be mentaly aware of your true self... well tahts a bit tricky.
>>
>>68532563
Congrats, you figured out Buddhism. It's a death cult. Nirvana is and can only be death, especially once you've cut out the hindu cosmology that it grew out of.

There's also no point in life in the long run as the earth will eventually be destroyed by the bloated sun and even later maximum entropy in the universe will be reached. Then everything reaches "Nirvana" and all activity ceases.

You might as well just an hero.
>>
>>68532563
Extinction might be bliss. But what makes you think that our life is only worth it if we are happy?
Our bodies crave for pleasure because that is what for hundreds of years of evolution thought us to survive. Don't be mistaken that pleasure is our goal in life, it's just a means to an end: reproduction.
I honeslty think that there is no goal for our lifes and that you can choose whatever you like.
But don't fool yourself thinking that you are in "the right path" for believing that life is not worth it. because more often than not, people prefer being right than being happy.
Search for your thoughts my friend.
>>
Well try something like this
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0088083/
>>
tl;dr: OP found Nihilism.

Lol. Eastern religion is such a sham.
>>
File: 400px-Suzhou-Buddha1.jpg (56 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
400px-Suzhou-Buddha1.jpg
56 KB, 400x533
>>68534699
Nirvana is attained via abandoning of craving. It is first realized as the logical conclusion to the problem of life, death, and rebirth, and then attained via the passionless, desireless cessation of craving in reaction to the experience of life. Your understanding is very shallow, but it pleases you to offer these surface level logical refutations. To assume Nirvana is "desired" is a grave error and simply reveals that you are, in fact, still trapped within the vicious cycle. Craving is defined in Buddhism in relation to things touched, seen, smelled, heard, tasted, sensed, in other words craving for the objects of the six senses (mind included). Nirvana as an idea might be something you desire but Nirvana as the extinction of attachment to life cannot become an object of craving. You must learn to distinguish between the idea of Nirvana, which for you remains purely conceptual, and the attainment of Nirvana, which is beyond the conceptual level. You also misunderstand the meaning of the four noble truths in your logical refutation; it is not that 1) life is suffering 2) the cause of suffering is desire. That is a misunderstanding. It is that 1) life is suffering 2) the suffering of life is regenerated into the future via craving 3) the cessation of suffering comes about via abandoning of craving (which is nirvana) 4) the way to this cessation is via right-theory, right-intention...etc (eightfold path) which necessarily involves the renouncing of craving.

Your standard reply only helps to keep you stagnating and stuck in the vicious cycle. I recommend you look much deeper into it.
>>
>>68535756
k
>>
>>68535756
>abandoning of craving
>things touched, seen, smelled, heard, tasted, sensed
Death, in other words. That would be the only way to achieve this because cravings are hardwired biological processes whose effects enter your brain through your nervous system. To make them cease would be to abolish your consciousness.
>>
Don't be a bitch. Roll with the punches and find something you want to live long enough to experience or learn. Hell, just throw yourself out there and see what you like. Having a family is a great example of venturing into the different possibilities of human interaction, being the union of two people, the creation of children, and integrating into a society. Why not give it a try? Because it's not going to cater to your every whim? Boo hoo.
>>
>>68536466
this
I think all religions seek peace, how they phrase it depends, but in this case, peace means extinction.
>>
>>68535756
So even cravin for somthing with my subcouncious witch i can controll more or less is a wrong as well?

My ultimate conclusion from all the smarts that i have optained is : Be empty, need nothing, feel happy, live like animal and treat everyone fair.

Am i doing it right?
>>
File: image.jpg (197 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
197 KB, 800x600
>>68532563
i enjoy suffering, i crave it, i desire challenge, i plunge head first into hardship, when given the option between easy and hard, i always choose hard.

this place is not for you. this place is my heaven.
do not reproduce, your genes are lacking.
>>
>>68536643
I've come to this conclusion as well, the way I say it to myself everyday is:

>We are all empty on the inside
>We only have each other

I feel more mentally stable and actually enjoy whatever comes my way.
>>
File: Heisman-Info.jpg (926 KB, 999x3158) Image search: [Google]
Heisman-Info.jpg
926 KB, 999x3158
>>68532563
https://web.archive.org/web/20141010213832/http://www.suicidenote.info/ebook/suicide_note.pdf#pagemode=bookmarks&page=1
>>
>>68532563
>I see no good reason to 1) marry or 2) reproduce
>I maintain that there is no inherent purpose to our lives

It took you ten years of serious studying to arrive at nihilism? You've gotta be kidding me.

I agree with you totally, but come on man what are you doing with your life
>>
File: 1435923624907.png (106 KB, 683x470) Image search: [Google]
1435923624907.png
106 KB, 683x470
>>68532563
The only reason I'm alive is because I'm living for someone else. I see no reason in living, producing children, or being productive. I find reason in living because I feel a strong desire to be with my lover.

If not for that single desire, I would have no reason to live, no motivation to go on, and no care to do any of the above in the first place.
>>
>>68536493
>>68536994

Not a single response. At least make this interesting. I'll see if I can find this thread on my phone later.
>>
>>68532563
Ah yes, the nihilism of half-enlightenment.
Of course detaching yourself from the world will lead to these ideas, but you haven't truly awakened until you stop clinging to the state of non-clinging.
>>
File: 1458452790622-pol.jpg (84 KB, 845x900) Image search: [Google]
1458452790622-pol.jpg
84 KB, 845x900
Buddhist here checking in. Sorry the nihilist have taken your mind. There is dualitity in all thoughts.
Thoughts form reality - thus the world is dualistic. Recognizing multiple paths - then choosing one that is imperfect - is the purpose of life. The Creator has created this 3D manifestation for us to play in, the egregore thinkers just control most of the minds right now... If you decide you are finished playing you can still have children. Head towards the Sol if you would like to stop. Head towards Orion if you would like to go to Valhalla. Head towards the moon (bright light) if you would like to put in another quarter and be birthed into slavery again.

Either way, we are all joined in infinite bliss.
War is reality. It is the reason we have souls - it will never end. Conflict is fun.
>>
>>68537233
>but come on man what are you doing with your life
He's a nihilist now so it doesn't matter. Checkmate pro-natalists.
>>
I enjoyed reading this yesterday. Some of you may like it.
http://plumvillage.org/transcriptions/mara-and-the-buddha-embracing-our-suffering/
>>
>>68534934
Yeah I need to grow the fuck up
>>
>>68537623
>The Creator
I though Buddhists don't believe in a creator. Might have been a shitty book I read a while back but I recall it saying there is no beginning, that each moment of mind is the effect of a previous moment.
>>
If you let the white race go extinct you give up all that is good in this world and all that has ever been good and all that ever will be good.

Humans are not bad by nature, only jews and shitskins are.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.