[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No More Myths
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
/pol/ loves to say "marriage isn't worth it because of divorce and cheating"
Here are some facts:
1) The actual rate of divorce for first marriages is *no more than* about 18%; and it has been declining for 2 generations
>see: Keller, 2014; Doherty, 2011; Parker-Pope, 2010; Baker, 2010; the CDC; the Census; the GSS; the Ohio State Family Survey
-"B-b-but fewer people are getting married!' you cry? Yeah, well, learn the difference between rate of outcome and volume of participation
>The myth of '50% of all marriages' is because reporters make shit up
2) The actual rate of infidelity in marriage is much lower than PUAs, arcanine, and other morons think. 18% of sexually active people who date for more than 3 years cheat; 21% of people cohabiting without marriage cheat; only about 5% of married people cheat.
>See: Blow & Hartnett, 2005; Wedermann, 1997; Atkins, Baucom, & Jacobsen, 2001; Forste & Tanfer, 1996 and 2011; the CDC; the GSS; the Ohio State Family Survey
Yes, they control for deception and false answers
3) Paternity fraud (i.e., cuckoldry) is very, very low with genetic assays showing the general rate of false paternity in the US at about 0.8%
>See: Ashton, Bellis, Hughes, & Hughes, 2005; Bopp, 2006; Draper, 2005; King & Jobling, 2009; Gilding, 2005
This is actual general genetic testing; the myth comes from the fact that about 18%-25% of the time a man asks for a test because he is *already* pretty sure the kid isn't his he is correct.
So - stop basing decisions on myths.

Or are you against statistics?
>>
>>68526776

Yup. Deep down, miserable anons on 4chan want everyone's lives to be as ugly as theirs are. They're alone.

That's why we see these "all women are whores" threads, or disgusting trap and cuckold/blacked threads. They feel inadequate and alone. They blame the world for not being social or assertive enough. They create hyperbole that everyone is degenerate, when in reality, they're the ones that are dysfunctional.

Classic case of projecting. All they have to do is walk away from the computer screens and live a little, then they would improve.
>>
>>68526776

Statistics based on what? Sexuality is extremely cultural and it can change from village to village as to how it is viewed and handled.
>>
Why make yourself a bigger target to be cucked?
>>
>be 26 year old me
>have 22 year old gf for 3 years
>great sex, always changing things up
>gonna get married
>only one to pee in the pool

Feelsgood.
>>
File: ben.garrison.nam.jpg (591 KB, 1500x712) Image search: [Google]
ben.garrison.nam.jpg
591 KB, 1500x712
>>68526776

I'm divorced, not never-married OP.
>>
As if stats can prove anything.
>>
>>68527666
This

niggers aren't a problem at all.

Stats are just racist and inconclusive
>>
>>68526776

Totally outdated studies are irrelevant to the fact that I DONT WANT TO GET MARRIED UNTIL IM 40.

It really doesnt matter what other people think. Im making a selfish choice of not settling down and living my life to the fullest, until I feel like getting a wife for breeding kids specifically.

There is 0 need for a non-breeding partner in this society, unless youre a beta who cannot get pussy outside of commitment.
>>
>>68527532
fucking pedo
>>
>>68526776

So... one might say the hype is more or less equivalent to Trump is Hitler in the mainstream media, all relevant news channels, and all politicians and political discussions, including left wing protests and faggot parades ?
>>
>Exciting new life

Not me, I barely earn enough for each month, I cannot find a better despite investing huge amount of time and effort, everything crumble around me and I should bring a child into this ? And be fucking excited ?
>>
>>68526776
Congrats, you did it!!

You convinced me to get married and babysit a dumb vapid whore while wasting my money and time on her. Sounds great. Sign me up.
>>
>>68526776
Even if I accept your statistics you are asking me to accept something close to a 1/5 chance for divorce in exchange for a marginal increase in income/ happiness. In the case of divorce I would have a drastic reduction in my socioeconomic status and quality of life as the divorce courts pander to women. Does this honestly seem like an acceptable risk to you?
>>
>Be married
>Get cucked
>>
File: image.jpg (108 KB, 500x643) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108 KB, 500x643
>>68526776
Get an ironclad prenup that avoids the common pitfalls of "no fault divorce" and "verbal agreements"

DNA test every child.

If she does cheat, gather evidence and get a divorce on the grounds of infidelity.

It will suck to play detective while she's sleeping with Jamal but it's better to protect your ass.

Lastly don't marry because it's something to do or you really really love each other.

Marry with the intention of raising a family and providing a stable household for your offspring to become the most successful versions they can be.

Marriage is good, it's marriage laws and shitty partners that suck.

Just protect yourself anons.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.