[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we just reflect for a moment how frightening Facebook and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5
File: 1984-movie-bb_a1.jpg (95 KB, 590x320) Image search: [Google]
1984-movie-bb_a1.jpg
95 KB, 590x320
See, if posting your controversial social views or political opinions on Facebook yourself was the only thing you had to worry about!

The really frightening part is the chilling effect Facebook and the Internet in general really have on your freedom to say what you feel - ever.

Say the wrong thing in confidence to someone you thought was a friend - and the next thing you know, a Google Search for your name turns up your opinions, posted to the blog/Facejew of your "friend," which your current and all future employers will now see as one of the first few results.

This social media shit is having a vastly broader chilling effect than most people realize. Give it a few decades, and we'll be afraid of our own crimethink, let alone saying anything to anyone.

Imagine a world where you are walking around, and people have access via a pair of iGlasses or even a brain-implanted internal chip to a cloud profile of you made up by the thousands of people who've met you. Every slip of the tongue, every "inapproprate" reaction of any kind you've ever made is accessible to people just when you walk down the street via a system that recognizes your face or eyeball.

This kind of sick shit is probably not even 10 years away. Oh, you think they'll ban it on privacy grounds? Nope. Just look at all the shit the public puts up with already - the location-tracking iPhones, the shitty Facejew privacy policy, the NSA tracking fucking everybody all the time...

You thought it's bad now? You haven't seen anything yet.
>>
>>68509213
There's ways to defeat this anon. Use Linux instead of Windows. Use VPNs on your ISP connections. Use faux names and accounts for websites you visit. Never give up your information and you wont have to worry.

Everything (including what I'm writing now) is being recorded, stored, and to be used for metadata.

Don't submit to get your DNA sampled by 23andme. Buy things in bitcoin wherever possible.

The goal is to never give up your personal information whenever possible. Make friends who feel the same as you, or at the very least try to convert them and assist them in this effort as well.
>>
>>68509213
Mark Zuckerberg is jewish
>>
Trump is already the 2 minutes of hate.
Perhaps some of it will start falling down when the EU starts collapsing.
Parties in a new national race will be quick to capitalize on any former pro-EU party stances to open or secret deals with the EU that fucked over people.
Suddenly, 'feelings' are ignored in favor of fact and treason.
>>
>>68509528
Thanks for the advice. But I'm more worried about acquaintances posting shit about me online. Or rather, I'm more worried about self-censoring all the time IRL out of fear of people doing so. It's like the panopticon or some shit.

>>68509578
You don't say.

>>68509839
I certainly fucking hope this happens.
>>
>>68509213
>location-tracking iPhones
no one forces you to be constantly online with location services on
>the shitty Facejew privacy policy
no one forces you to share your private data
no one forces you to use Facebook to begin with
>NSA tracking fucking everybody
they just collect metadata, do your fucking research

>>68509839
Trump is pro-surveillance and pro-torture
What's your point?
>>
>>68509213
Daily reminder employers using social media to stop hiring "hateful bigots" (aka: Europeans desperate scrambling to secure their own existence in their own homelands) will be used to shut out European resistance from the conventional economy, daily reminder online "media profile/checker" services and springing up; the jew is moving quickly and nothing will stop their blood lust for white genocide.

The next stage is making juries "diverse" so rule of law really starts to crush natives.
>>
>>68510129
>Trump is pro-surveillance and pro-torture
>What's your point?
As opposed to which other candidates or leaders?
>>
>>68509213

It does concern me when I look into how much Google and twitter can manipulate societal view but simply making certain things appear and disappear.

When we get all of our information from them at their core and the way they give information is hidden behind algorithms and controlled by a select few.

I think that one day normal television will be gone, news papers will be gone. Everyone will use the internet for everything and Google has its roots in every single part of the internet. They will control information flow.
>>
>>68510222
Bernie Sanders

Also, no other candidate/leader talked about committing ACTUAL GENOCIDE AND WAR CRIMES and going to wars for oil
>>
>>68509213
Don't put your opinions in writing if you aren't willing to stand by them. It's that simple, and has always been the case.

What's more frightening is how rare "common sense" is.
>>
>>68509213
This true but facebook is huge shit.
Only normies use that. Why would go on the kingdom of hypocrisy ?
>>
>>68510473
t. Reddit
>>
>>68510129
You're missing my main point.

There is nothing any of us can do to stop third parties posting potentially life-ruining shit about us online without our consent.

This is almost certainly resulting in unprecedented self-censorship.

I mean, it's crazy to think about it, but imagine it was the year 1960. You could literally speak your mind to virtually anyone, and there would be no conseqences for your future. There was no easy way of recording data - and even when there was a way, there was no way of instantly broadcasting it to billions of people (sure, satellite TV was coming, but satellite TV didn't generally report on the opinions of random nobodies). Maybe if you were a public official or a high-ranking corporate officer, you'd have to watch your words. But even then, you weren't going to end up on YouTube for the world to see; nor were you going to end up part of some shitty hashtag campaign to get you fired for calling some gorilla a nigger or for saying you don't think homos should marry each other or something

Basically, in the modern world, even the common man has to watch what he says and does, like a public figure. Nobody has privacy like they used to in the old days, and it's having a massive chilling effect.

Sure you can bitch on /pol/, but to bring anything IRL you have to be prepared for a life of poverty as a consequence unless you're financially independent.

"Wow I talked to this Anon A. Anon guy yesterday, he told me the kikes are bastards, what a Nazi" 6 minutes ago
>>
File: 1458684583569.jpg (69 KB, 907x624) Image search: [Google]
1458684583569.jpg
69 KB, 907x624
>>68509213
>tfw permabanned from replying to shared post due to rekting antigun retards calmly and cooly.
>>
>>68510392
>will
They already do.
Obviously not in a 1984 type capacity but almost.
>>
>>68509213
Or maybe, you're a big pussy, and should say what you think.
>>
>>68510612
>imagine it was the year 1960. You could literally speak your mind to virtually anyone
You can still do this. The internet isn't the only means of communication.
>>
>>68510473
>sanders
>antiwar
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NdHtfKZ9iy8
>>
>>68510598
But he is right.
>>
>>68510525
>Don't put your opinions in writing if you aren't willing to stand by them

Doesn't even have to be in writing. Say the wrong thing to the wrong person, and suddenly your name is associated with something that will get you fired or make sure you don't get a real job again thanks to the magic of Google Search. Even if they don't have a video or your opinions in writing, it's still associated with you.
>>
>>68510665
Oh I should mention that if you want to use social media without all the Facebook nonsense tsu is the best one right now.
>>
I don't know if you have guns in South Korea, but everyone in the United States has guns and a large segment of us are angry and anti-authoritarian.

So, 1984, eh?
>>
>>68510775
>You can still do this. The internet isn't the only means of communication.

No; but there's nothing to stop anyone from disclosing the contents of their conversation with you with the world via the internet.
>>
>>68510781
see >>68510780
>>
File: 1457759735948.jpg (170 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
1457759735948.jpg
170 KB, 800x800
>tfw common name
>>
>>68510612
the point is you are a millenial little shit giving any value whatsoever to social media cancer
it is you who give it power because
>fagbook please
>please accept me
>please i wana be popular please

waa waa my actions have consequences
if you really think what you say, then grow a spine and say it
>>
4chan is social media
>>
>>68510781
Sander's has supported every military intervention since Kosovo. He only voted against Iraq as an anti bush vote and both supported funding and supported the sanctions on Iraq which killed over 500k people though starvation.
He is also a staunch supporter of the f35 program which is just another military Keynesianist corporate welfare scheme robbing the tax payers
>>
the only way to counter the chilling effect is not to pay attention to it and be like donald trump dum dum

say offensive shit

offensive shit is what preserving freedom is all about
>>
>>68510792
>>68510879
So what? No sane employer would fire you without letting you explain the context of what someone else claimed that you said. (And the insane ones wouldn't be able to fire you legally in most countries.)
>>
>>68511202
Possibly not; but what about future employers?
>>
You must be a coward.

Well, that's your problem, then.

"The only way to cope with an unfree world is to act in such a way that your very existence is an act of rebellion." - Albert Camus
>>
>>68509213
> borderline autistic
> wizard with very few friends
At least I have near zero footprint on the Internet.
I don't know if I should feel good or bad about it
>>
>>68511287
Same story. Very few people are actually as crazy and unreasonable as the vocal ones we hear about in the news.

And besides, one could argue that our words being recorded and tied to our names makes a more honest society because nobody can pretend to be someone they aren't.
>>
File: 1363303366493.jpg (21 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
1363303366493.jpg
21 KB, 460x276
>>68509213
It gets worse, and pay attention motherfuckers because it gets bad.

Have you ever heard of the Chinese Social Credit System?

Imagine having a credit rating for society, required for getting mortgages, jobs, relationships and anything else worthwhile in society.

Now imagine this credit is based on the books you read, movies you watch, conversations you have with friends, statements you make on social media and wait for it.....
The people you associate with.

All powered by the likes of Google and Fagbook.

It's real, the Chinese government is working on this right fucking now. It's happening.

How long until this comes to the rest of us? Do you really think these fagbook assholes will resist?

Prepare your anuses.
>>
>>68511653
Keep out of sight.

I'm prepped for the gas chamber if the list is ever pulled out.

I have no fucking illusions. On the other hand, if a capitalist kind of fascism rises up, everything is cool, brah. So, I'm fine I guess.
>>
>>68511840
Are you familiar with the gnostic christian concept of the demiurge?

I'll just drop out of society at that point. Mark of the beast and all that.
>>
File: 1447288840200.gif (2 MB, 382x289) Image search: [Google]
1447288840200.gif
2 MB, 382x289
>Not outjewing the jew by using SEO tactics to bury unbecoming sites/content about you

It's like you want to be oppressed.
>>
>>68511840

Can social contact through your job help power level?
No way I'm grinding likes on kikebook
>>
>>68511937
"i'll just drop out".

saw a documentary about people in the US attempting to get completely off the grid a few months ago.
it basically concluded that having public water and electricity access is mandatory and they'll literally storm your house if you don't abide.
this automatically means you'll have to have a bank account to pay for this.

those new intelligent electricity meters are also mandatory, both here and in the US. they can identify when you're running which household appliance. this shit is scary as fuck, and the media is silent about it. i guess you could theoretically build something out of gigantic industrial size capacitors (basically run your electricity from capacitors only and recharge them once or twice a day ==> no real-time electricity data), but they'll probably outlaw that, too.

also barter trade is illegal pretty much everywhere in the western world, binding you to jewish paper money by law. soon they'll outlaw growing your own crops
>>
>>68511840
Some one will find a way manulate the system for persoanl gain
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.