[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm Not Religious, But I'm Spiritual
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (143 KB, 500x484) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
143 KB, 500x484
What did my girlfriend mean by this?

What does it mean to be spiritual? Isn't it just more superstition?
>>
>>68507326

She wants to be religious but she doesn't want any of the responsibility to go along with it.
>>
>>68507326
It's like saying "I'm crazy but not THAT crazy."
So I'd guess she values feelings over rational thought, but at the same time doesn't want to associate with people going to church (or wherever).
>>
just means she wants to rebel against her parents religion.
>>
>>68507326
She means she doesn't like American Protestants.

But honestly, who does?
>>
>>68507326
It means your girlfriend doesn't want to go to church, however she wants an arbitrary yard stick with which to judge people. Also she can change the yard stick to fit her desires so she is always in the right, regardless of what she said 5 minutes before.
>>
>>68507326
It means she's a slut 100%of the time every time. Big red flag.
>>
>>68507326
She wants to be seen as pious and beyond reproach, but her whoring gets in the way of that. So rather than change her outlook or her behavior, she instead chooses a third option where she can live her life by a hodgepodge of "virtues" gleaned from magazines, tv and music.

Just out of curiosity how many sexual partners or children did she have before she met you?
>>
>>68507326
It means she believes in GHOSTS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiritualism
>>
File: 1427611847630.jpg (232 KB, 620x467) Image search: [Google]
1427611847630.jpg
232 KB, 620x467
It means that instead of having a clear and defined sense of beliefs, she only embraces some vague and shapeless sense of spirituality, because (choose all that apply):
* she's too intellectually lazy to formulate a coherent system of beliefs by herself
* she's too much of a hipster to adopt a pre-existing system of beliefs
* she's afraid of adopting a belief that can potentially be proven to be bullshit, so she won't adopt any well-defined beliefs
* she doesn't actually have faith in anything but doesn't want to associate herself with atheists and fedorafags
>>
>What did my girlfriend mean by X
She wants attention.
>>
It means she is lazy and too insecure to tell the truth and just say she doesn't believe in God
>>
>>68507777
leaf is correct. slut.
>>
>>68507326
it means your girlfriend is smart. She is a beleiver, has her own spiritual practice, but is not a dogmatic person who beleives that this is the truth and that is wrong.
You should ask her to tell you more about her spirituality, you might learn something from it, and will probably grow to love her more when you see that she is smart/right.

To make a correlation with politics, a "spiritual" person would be someone who looks at all sides of politics and makes their own idea of what is needed, as opposed to a "religious" person who would just be a blind partisan who follows the same party or ideology without questionning anything.

You're lucky, anon.
>>
Everyone in this thread is a prick. It means she believes in some sort of higher power or fate or some sort of divine way of the universe, but this thing is not associated with an official religion. It's like being a nice person without needing to read the Bible
>>
File: Spiderman_60s_Laugh.jpg (64 KB, 544x400) Image search: [Google]
Spiderman_60s_Laugh.jpg
64 KB, 544x400
>>68507326
Im a hopeful nihilist.
That the same thing?
>>
>>68507777
Heavenly quads confirm.
>>
>>68508124
nop
>>
>>68507326
It means she's a dumb slut

Everyone else here is retarded
>>
>>68507326
Being spiritual might mean, that you have a vague feeling, there is something beyond conventional reality, but you lack the curiosity and determination to really investigate it.
>>
>>68507326
It means she fucks black guys.
>>
>>68507985
>>68508018
These.
Be a good man because there is good to spread. Not because you have been promised an after life.
I believe in a higher power, but I have walked away from church and the Bible.
There is nothing wrong with it as long as you are willing to understand it yourself. Also understanding where your own values come from and how you will apply them to life.
I was raised believing in God, and my values are Christian. That much I know, and I live by those values. Just don't go to church. The Bible, I go read from time to time but do not take it literally. They are simply tales, a kin to Aesop's.

Then again I'm on /pol/. So this is likely all shit and I'm being told to say this by the jews or the devil.
>>
File: religionspirituality.jpg (72 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
religionspirituality.jpg
72 KB, 720x576
>>68507326

Found this pic, I agree with it.
Here, have it OP, maybe you'll agree too.
>>
>>68507510
No its that feelings should be considered in rational thought. Dosen't mean to blindly follow feelings and not logic.
>>
>>68507326
She has become aware there is more to living life on this earth. Than is explained by the base animal desires philosophy, acepted by most brain dead idiot's.
She doesn't know what. So she will either examine and grow or not.
>>
>>68507326
>I believe in ghosts n shit but I'm too lazy to practice religion
>>
>>68507326
it means nothing. at one point that phrase had meaning and that was that you believe in something but no religion you have read about makes sense

now because 1 guy used that line on some hippie bitch decades ago every woman uses that line. they dont even have to be told its like it infected the fabric of reality when he pissed in the hippie bitches ass. its cosmic aids
>>
>>68507777
Oh dear.
>>
File: image:2600.jpg (85 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
image:2600.jpg
85 KB, 720x960
I believe that the energy that makes up living organisms is recycled. That we live multiple lives throughout time.

I believe that this energy is stored in a demention that exists parallel to ours.
>>
>>68507423
First post, best post.

This is all it comes down to, really. People either really believe there is ''something'' or they just want to sound deep. In both cases, however, they are too lazy or uninterested to actually live a moral lifestyle, adhere to religious rules and go to church.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.