[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Help me gunfags
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: TCS gun.jpg (5 KB, 212x151) Image search: [Google]
TCS gun.jpg
5 KB, 212x151
So I've been convinced that owning a firearm is a good thing.

I've been briefly talking with my GF about the perspective of owning a firearm and she's firmly against it. It's Cucknada so owning a firearm isn't something very comon so I understand why she would disagree considering the 'culture' here.

She thinks guns are more often turned against the owner during home invasion. Is it true?

Also some non-sense like 'it's easier to commit suicide when youre depressed when you own a gun'

Is there any good gun argument you could give to someone like that?
>>
>>68494418
>She thinks guns are more often turned against the owner during home invasion. Is it true?
WELL CONSIDERING SHE KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT GUNS YOU COULD PROBABLY FILE THAT UNDER "RETARDED WOMAN FEELING BULLSHIT"
>>
seriously though that retarded bitch is going to get your family killed one day.
>>
>>68494418
What could convince anyone that a criminal breaking in, immediately finding your gun, and then using it against you is remotely feasible?

You keep the gun by your bedside. If someone breaks in, you grab it, lock yourself in your room, and call police. If the criminal tries to break into your room, put a bullet in their head. You have the element of surprise.
>>
Get a gun, Pham.
>>
>>68494585
i dunno maybe most people chicken out and end up disarmed i dunno the specific. could be some liberal memes based on nothing too ive no idea
>>
>>68494418
The home invasion thing is likely bullshit. I do know that owning a gun doesn't really help against most burglaries since thieves tend to wait until they can confirm you're not home. Bar up your windows if you're concerned about that.
The depressed thing is a real problem, you don't want access to an easy suicide method if you're prone to severe moments of depression, especially if they may involve suicidal thoughts. That's a decision you should ultimately make based on yourself and those you live with.
I don't think gun ownership is for everybody, I do think the choice is though.
>>
>>68494418
Get one anyway, cuck.
>>
File: 1456456371916.jpg (184 KB, 961x619) Image search: [Google]
1456456371916.jpg
184 KB, 961x619
Canada has about one gun per every third person.
Canada hasn't had a mass shooting since the 70s.
Canada only has gun homicides involving gangs.
Canada has an extensive 10hr+ course that is required by all that are attempting to get a licence must pay for and pass that includes extensive safety training.
Canada has laws preventing the sale of anything truely fun, and mostly restricts you to plinking guns, long guns, and home defense guns.
You are also required legally to keep ammunition in a different room than your firearms at all times, and locks or a safe must be used with all firearms at all times.
And your fun shit must be kept at the range.
Canada is proof that guns per capita has no effect on violence involving guns, only culture can effect that.

Keep in mind you're paying about 800+ for the licence and 300+ for something useful for home defense, minus the locks, but fuck her and buy it. Do your research and fuck her with facts or just go to /k/ and get some Canadian copypastas.
>>
>>68494418
>talking with my GF about the perspective of
I don't get it. Why did you do that instead of getting a gun like you should?
>>
>>68495006
do you have sources for this?

>>68495098
youll understand once youre past 18 and actually experience what an adult relationship looks like
>>
File: 1450386196043.png (237 KB, 729x478) Image search: [Google]
1450386196043.png
237 KB, 729x478
>>68494418
Yeah,
>Hey baby, check out my new sks! No, that's not syrup, it's cosmalene! Wanna help me give her a bnice hot bath?

It's your money, spend it how you want.

>pic related, yfw she tells you to get rid of it
>>
>>68495202
Now your GF thinks you're beta and you still don't have a gun. /pol taught me how to handle these things!
>>
File: 1412707979444.gif (960 KB, 250x149) Image search: [Google]
1412707979444.gif
960 KB, 250x149
>>68494418
>She thinks guns are more often turned against the owner during home invasion. Is it true?

This is a meme invented by Liberals. There was literally one study done on this topic and not even studies on guns in the Obama administration was able to corroborate it. In fact, the 2013 CDC study on 'research to reduce firearm-related violence' found that defensive gun use was overwhelmingly common and extremely effective, among other things.

http://www.nap.edu/read/18319/chapter/1#ii

Also, if you want a big dump of all pro-gun shit: https://www.gunowners.org/pdf/2014gunfacts.pdf
>>
>>68495472
> done on this topic

Fug. I mean that they were the only ones that were able to fudge the numbers and conclude that. I'm going to bed.
>>
>>68495472
Huh.
Guns are dangerous!
Guns are ineffective!
Pick one liberals.
>>
>>68495202
Gun laws are all on record, but I am too fucking lazy to go looking up statistics again. Suffice to say if you're buying something for home protection and living anywhere outside of a major metro area, you're an idiot. We have far, far less crime than most places and save areas like Abbotsford and Surrey in BC, there is very little active gang violence. Our gangs know profit is made by keeping a low profile. You buy a gun here to go to the range and have fun, practice your skills. You only /need/ a gun if you feel insecure and want to protect yourself in whatever situation you're in, which is perfectly normal. I'm saving to get a handgun myself, but keep in mind you're paying for peace of mind, not actual protection unless you do go out and practice and keep in mind how fucking dangerous that shit can be.
And this is all being said by a person who had a close relative killed by gang members years ago.
>>
>>68494418
I don't like you.
>A fucking leaf
>>
>>68494418
In canada don't you have to have them locked up at all times legally? Didn't a cop go to trial because he had practiced getting his revolver and ammo quickly - and they were arguing that he didn't have it legally locked up?

And when it comes to suicide - yes. But that is just because it has a high rate of success, and it is easy to do. If you aren't suicidal, that isn't an issue at all however.
>>
>>68495613
Tell me about it. They scream that only cops should have guns, but cry when a thug tries to attack an officer and gets killed. Such slaves.
>>
>>68494418
>She thinks guns are more often turned against the owner during home invasion. Is it true

In your case, Yes, because you are an enormous vagina

Best case scenario you shoot yourself in the foot
Likely case scenario you shoot yourself and your gf in the foot
>>
>>68495202

This sounds like your first relationship.
>>
>>68495726
Range sound fun.

I like the american idea of owning a gun as a sign of healthy opposition to the government. To be able to defend yourself if a governement becomes tyrannical. A gov that fear it's citizen like the US gov do is a very good thing.

Also a huge economic crash is coming in a decade or so and I want to be able to be self-sufficient. I believe owning a firearm is important for that too.

Home invasion really come a distant last argument
>>
>>68496554
Home invasions aren't a big issue in the US unless you live in a shitty area, so that is true.

But I fucking love to hear people say that it is unrealistic to think you could fight back against the government with just rifles, only to turn around and say how we are losing in the middle east... ya know, by people that aren't even half as trained as your average patriot with a rifle.
>>
Jesus christ Canada, you guys are so fucking cucked...

Listening to a woman tell you why you should be scared of guns.

You know what, dont get a gun, youre obviously a faggot who will shoot at his own shadow at least twice a day
>>
>>68494742
>Liberal memes based on nothing.
DING DING DING WINNER.

The numbers show that often as not the simple presentation of a firearm is enough to make petty criminals flee, this does apply so much against someone out for you blood in particular, but if someone is just trying to steal shit so they can buy more weed/meth/anime body pillows then knowing that the target of their theft is armed will more than likely make them simply leave to seek an easier target.

A fun fact related to this is that the sound of a shotgun slide being racked has been shown to reliably cause burglars to flee.

The take your gun and use it against only becomes possible if you are presented with a shoot or be disarmed decision and choose to be disarmed rather than shoot, in which case you are fucking retarded, being a fool who values the life of a criminal invading you home more then your own safety is lunacy.
>>
File: 3730316.jpg (530 KB, 1600x1145) Image search: [Google]
3730316.jpg
530 KB, 1600x1145
>>68494418
Dear OP,

Get like a used Ruger 10/22...

They are not much more than a BB gun but they are cheap and a great start to get into the wonderful world of guns.

Latter on when you get into it you can always buy 44 magnums and whatever. But as a start just go get a cheap and easy little gun to get your feet wet.
>>
>>68494418
>It's Cucknada so owning a firearm isn't something very comon

Are you retarded?
>>
>>68497289
Here we see a father 'murica teaching it's innocent and naive hat-for-a-country how to be free.
>>
>>68494418
>Is there any good gun argument you could give to someone like that?
Why would you waste arguments on a woman?

Take her to a range and have her shoot a few funs to see what it's all about
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.