[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is watchmen red pilled? Would the world make peace if millions
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: image.png (1 MB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 640x960
Is watchmen red pilled?

Would the world make peace if millions get killed by one person or would the world blame America for dr Manhattan and turn on Americans?
>>
>>68489134
The comic yes the movie no
>>
>>68489256
This.
>>
File: 1454451249950.jpg (498 KB, 905x1430) Image search: [Google]
1454451249950.jpg
498 KB, 905x1430
>>68489134
Yes
>>
>>68489256

That movie was retarded as fuck
>>
>>68489350
Your retarded
>>
>>68489350
Better than any capeshit by miles regardless
>>
>>68489332
People actually read this page and kept going?
>>
>>68489134
>would the world blame America for dr Manhattan and turn on Americans?
Yes, which is why the movie ending is fucking stupid.
>>
>>68489134
There will be a cult worshiping that person as a god and create something similar to Islam
>>
>>68489483
>Dr. Manhattan portrayed as increasingly unstable and detached from humanity
>US cities affected by attack
>implying world would not unite to defeat this superhuman threat and attack US instead
>being this retarded
>>
>>68489467
Not read the comic but I agree it's the best "superhero/comic book movie I've seen to date. Can I buy it in one novel and not loads of parts?
>>68489483
I do understand that. But rest of the film was good
>>
>>68489946
The gooks worship him in the movie already so yeah I believe that
>>
>>68489960
There's no threat to attack. Manhatten fucking leaves.
Comic ending leaves humanity paranoid that an alien invasion may be in the works, and the worse is yet to come. Movie ending, the rest of the world perceives the US getting their shit pushed in by their own science project gone wrong, and that's that. It's of no concern to the rest of the world. The most it would do is now other countries will be too afraid to create a Manhattan equivalent. But it doesn't deter war between countries at all.
>>
>>68490301
Fair point. Though it's not like he announced his departure - as far as everyone except those part the conspiracy are concerned, he is still around somewhere or could decide to return. That being said, both end with Rorschach's journal being discovered so it all could come undone, depending on interpretation.
>>
>>68489332
What a let down. I was thinking there would be a pay off of something deep. Is the entire comic shitty?
>>
>>68490702
>as far as everyone except those part the conspiracy are concerned, he is still around somewhere or could decide to return.
And as far as their concerned, he only attacked his creators out of discontent.
If the world perceives the attack as an alien threat, they would see the tragedy as an attack without discrimination. It just happened to take place in the US, and a similar attack could happen anywhere on the planet in the future. If an American turned superman did it, everyone has every reason to believe his target was deliberately chosen.
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 540x314) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 540x314
>>68489134
>It ain't me starts playing
>>
>>68491302
It's a must of any film with nam scenes
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.