[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is it acceptable for this company to protect terrorist murderers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6
File: second-apple-logo.jpg (21 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
second-apple-logo.jpg
21 KB, 500x250
Why is it acceptable for this company to protect terrorist murderers?
>>
>>68473420
freedoms
>>
>>68473420
because you're a fucking nigger
>>
>>68473420
the whole thing is bullshit

Apple (like all tech companies) don't give a FUCK about privacy, it's all about them marketing that phone as unhackable and if they cave to the feds the marketability of the phone is gone

They could easy as fuck get it open
>>
File: reagan-secret-deals-iran.jpg (38 KB, 400x527) Image search: [Google]
reagan-secret-deals-iran.jpg
38 KB, 400x527
Do you love the government more than your freedom?
>>
File: 1454532215604.jpg (275 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
1454532215604.jpg
275 KB, 1000x1400
>>68473420
>>
File: 1.png (119 KB, 255x255) Image search: [Google]
1.png
119 KB, 255x255
>>68473420
reminder that the terrorists already destroyed their burner phones
reminder that if this phone had anything on it, it would have been destroyed with the others
reminder that the fbi could get into the phone without apple's help
reminder that this is just a massive powergrab
>>
>>68473420
This isn't even a liberty versus security issue as far I can tell. The owner of the phone is already known to be a murderer, just another reason to boycott shitty apple products.

Am I missing something here?
>>
>>68474223
see >>68474187

It'd also mean the FBI would have easy access to millions of phones
>>
>>68473420
steve jobs told tim cook "do what's right" before he died
tim cook (current ceo) is doing that right now

>Tim Cook: Steve Jobs told me to 'just do what's right'
>In an interview with Businessweek, Cook says that Steve Jobs lifted a burden off him when he finally took over as Apple CEO.
>http://www.cnet.com/news/tim-cook-steve-jobs-told-me-to-just-do-whats-right/
>>
>>68474355
the fbi should be competent enough to get in there anyways

it just takes longer
>>
>>68474355
I see. I suppose I should read up on the details on unlocking one phone and that allowing millions of other phones to be compromised. Really don't like apple in the first place.
>>
christ /pol/ is a raging river
>>
>>68473420
If they unlock this one phone, they will open the pandora's box. All other government entities american or otherwise will want that unlocking program too. So in the US alone 44.53 Million Iphones (im assuming all iphones use this system for this) will now be at a higher risk to hacking.

That and whatever could have been on the phone should have been intercepted by all the other spy shit the NSA and CIA have so if they are doing their jobs.

Finally freedom isn't free, if it costs the lives of more people including myself to maintain the rights of the people so be it.
>>
>>68473420
You can literally go on youtube and type in how to unlock an iphone.

It was never about unlocking the phone anon
>>
File: GET A WARRANT YOU FAT FUCK.jpg (211 KB, 1207x1190) Image search: [Google]
GET A WARRANT YOU FAT FUCK.jpg
211 KB, 1207x1190
>>68473420
They're not, they're providing normal encryption for their users. The FBI can already get into the phone. They just want to make it easier to mass surveil every phone without having to brute force every one they want to look at.
>>
>>68473420
because jobs was a syrian kek
>>
File: trump shills.png (66 KB, 1129x1668) Image search: [Google]
trump shills.png
66 KB, 1129x1668
>>
>>68473420
Because Donald J Trump is a RACIST, that's why, you literal nazi!!!
>>
>>68474564
>>68474187
>>68477283
>ITT: Wuts encryption?

Listen OP, if you're willing to throw away the rights you so vehemently defend when someone commits a crime, you aren't for protecting rights at all. Once the government has legal precedent to ignore rights in any case, they can enforce it in ANY case. Is it that hard for you stormfags to understand? Either you defend the freedoms and rights guaranteed by the constitution in all cases, or you don't defend them at all, because as soon as you let up once, Pandora's box has been opened.
>>
>>68474564
Are there known weaknesses to Apple's encryption? Because otherwise they'd have to get the NSA to access phones for them or provide them with a hoarded attack vector.
>>
>>68473620
>owning a literal tin foil hat

* Apple execs and engineers actually do care about privacy.

* They are right now designing Secure Enclave 2 with the goal of making it so that they physically cannot help with a warrant like the one in this case.

* It's not "easy as fuck" to open that phone. If the mudslime used a long alphanumeric passcode the FBI may never be able to brute force it even with Apple's help.
>>
>>68479203
>the NSA can break anything meme

Even Snowden said that modern algorithms like AES265 were secure. With our best supercomputers it would take something like a billion years to brute force the entire key space.

On an iPhone the final 256-bit key is derived (hashed) from multiple pieces of data, including a UUID that cannot be read off the SoC. Which is why you can't just copy the memory contents to a virtual machine. But one piece is the user passcode, which is not nearly as large/secure as a 256-bit key. A 4 digit code can be brute forced in a couple hours IF auto wipe and passcode failure delays are disabled.

But if the mudslime used a longer alphanumeric code the FBI would be looking at a few years to brute force it with Apple's help.

Without Apple's help they get 10 tries and then they can kiss everything goodbye.

As for Apple vs. FBI: how about the fucking FBI get off their asses and do their jobs investigating mudslimes BEFORE the attacks. Or better yet, deport them. I would rather have an Islam free America and my freedom/privacy then a "diverse" America with no freedom or privacy.
>>
>>68481875
Not implying AES256 isn't secure, but that iPhones can probably be compromised other than directly attacking the encryption. NSA hoards such exploits as opposed to filing bug reports or privately notifying manufacturers.
>>
>>68482076

If you can physically get access to the phone when it's not locked then you can get malware on it. Boom...you can key log (er...tap log) and do other shit.

But if that were the case the suit never would have moved forward. Understand if the FBI knows there's malware on the phone which would allow them to get in, and it doesn't inform the court and Apple in discovery, it's perjury and contempt of court for the FBI agents involved, including possible jail time.

If there's no malware then the only attack vector is a hacked copy of iOS and compromised signature for installation. Hacked iOS could give the FBI what it wants which is unlimited brute force capability. It's possible the NSA has this, but not at all guaranteed.

But again, if the FBI knows this and doesn't tell the court about it, someone is going to jail.

Now the recent delay: maybe the NSA just told the FBI they have this capability. (Or maybe the FBI just found clues to the passcode.) Which is probably why Apple has informed the court that if this trial goes on any longer, they will demand to know why the FBI now thinks they might not need Apple's help. (Brilliant move really. If the FBI doesn't want Apple to know their capabilities, they need to drop this now. If they press forward, Apple gets to know and engineer against it with iPhone 7.)
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.