[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone here have a home security camera system? Someone
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /pol/ - Politically Incorrect

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: cameras.jpg (17 KB, 512x467) Image search: [Google]
cameras.jpg
17 KB, 512x467
Does anyone here have a home security camera system? Someone near me got robbed by three Mexicans lately and I'm kind of worried. I live in an extremely safe neighborhood full of Asians and whites.
>>
>>68459844
>be burger
>buy cams instead of guns

oh, wait, you are an asian, right?
>>
>>68459991
I live in California so guns are probably not an option. Also, I'm not home 24/7 so guns probably wouldn't help during a robbery unless I'm present. The three robbers staked out the person's house to find out their schedule and made their move when the house was empty.
>>
>>68459844
>>68460210
Check the laws in your county before installing those cameras because some places don't let you have cameras facing out towards other's property in a residential area
>>
>>68460210
Dude, I live in CA and I have guns.

Everyone's gonna side with you anyways if shit goes down.
>>
>>68460210
>not buying a gun
>not taking vacation days
>not pretending to be away from home for a couple weeks
>not removing the problem yourself
>>
>>68460210
At worst it'll take about 2 months to get a shotgun for home defense and Cali has surprisingly strong Castle doctrine. Get the cams but you don't want to end up on LiveLeak as a multiple stab victim.
>>
Get private security or maybe have neighbors set up video cameras to record traffic and people loitering around in the neighborhood.
>>
>>68459844

I have cameras.

I was also in the sales/service of CCTV systems for a while.
>>
>>68460495
The police were able to find the three Mexicans because the person who was robbed had cameras and either got their faces or their car's license plate.

>>68460689
>>68460848
I really don't like guns because they scare me. If I had more balls I would've attempted to get one much earlier.

>>68460964
Private security is too expensive.

>>68461261
Any suggestions? I need like 5 cameras
>>
I've installed security systems for 9 years there a false sense of security or they get you insurance breaks you think that cameras going to stop you from getting raped I guess u could watch it later there are so many false alarms from grey hairs the cops don't take it seriously think of a car alarm
>>
But if you do get a cctv system get a kit off amazon cost u around 300 comes with pre made fittings and wire u could do it urself
>>
Just get a broken cam and stick it somewhere visible, criminals seek out soft safe targets.
>>
>>68461352
>Any suggestions? I need like 5 cameras

1. You think you need 5 cameras, but you will want more later on.

2. Recorders are based on the total number of camera connections. They come in 1, 4, 8, 9, and 16.

3. You will want to go with a 16 camera system. That will give you room to grow later on; and the prices these days are so low there's no reason not to.

4. Based on experience, do yourself a favor and just buy this package:

http://www.zmodo.com/16ch-h-264-dvr-16x600tvl-night-vision-outdoor-security-cameras-and-no-hard-drive.html

5. I have the Zmodo DVR, it's surprisingly good for the price and has several modern features including the ability to connect to it via the internet (assuming you have an internet connection at the house)

6. Make sure you have infrared cameras so you can see in the dark.
>>
>>68461352
>I really don't like guns because they scare me
I'm going to stop you there. You don't need to jack off into the chamber of a Mosin but not having a gun because you are scared of it is indefensible.
>>
>>68459844
I use an app and setup my old phone as one

it can record on motion and constant livestream so it's pretty nice
>>
>>68461888

The sense of security is only false if you don't let your neighbors know you have them.

Since most robberies are committed by people you know, letting your neighbors know you have them improves the overall security of the neighborhood.

For example, I simply asked my neighbors if they wanted me to point a camera at their driveway (to cover their car) in the event of a problem.

This lets them know I have them, and also increases the radius of the controlled area.
>>
>>68462310
If I ever accidentally shot and killed someone who didn't deserve it I probably would not be able to live with myself.
If I ever shot and killed a robber or attackers, statistically it will be a black or Mexican person. I'll immediately get lynched by my fellow 'Californians'.
>>
>>68459844
>safe
>full of asians

pick one, libcuck
>>
>>68462816
Most of the Asians in this neighborhood are legal immigrants who came here for a better life and are strongly Republican. It's their children that become libcucks.
>>
Put mayonnaise packets around your yard niggers hate that stuff
>>
File: 1330497170701.png (161 KB, 406x439) Image search: [Google]
1330497170701.png
161 KB, 406x439
>>68463103
>tfw I'm Republican and my brothers are jobless libcucks
>>
>>68463103
asians are slant niggers that will eat rats and bugs and try to curse you with far eastern magic. half of them would sell their own sisters ass for some dope and have no qualms about bringing boat loads of "family members".
>>
>>68462783
Learn to not kill someone then, it's not hard to keep your finger off the trigger and not point it at friends and family.

Don't worry about your reputation, the asians will love you for it and the libcucks can fuck themselves. Like I said, home defense is very much protected in California.
>>68462816
>>68463381
Southeastern asians stay to themselves mostly, the US actually uses the term properly instead of calling pakis 'asian'
>>
>>68459844
yea, it's pretty cheap, just go get one.
>>
>>68463474
asians are no better than any other non-white you cuckold. how tiny is your dick that your wife needs an asian as a bull?
>>
>>68461352
I seriously hope you're a female. Otherwise, you're a failure of a man.
>>
>>68461352

A few more suggestions...

7. If you can work it out, always try to have each camera also in view of another camera (cross coverage). That way, if someone tries to tamper with your camera pre-robbery, you have them on camera doing so.

8. If your home is relatively rectangular in shape, but 2 cameras at each corner. This will give you full perimeter coverage with 8 cameras.

9. If you can't lock up the recorder, have a camera pointing toward it so you can catch anyone trying to turn it off (though it won't help if someone steals the recorder, so you're better locking it up)

10. If you have a large amount of land, an infrared spotlight will light up your yard with invisible light, making nighttime recording easier.

11. Don't trust wireless cameras.

12. If you can afford it, buy a battery backup. This way, you can keep recording if the power goes out or someone cuts a power line.
>>
>>68463333
I know that feel bro. My brother just posted some John Oliver video less than an hour ago.
>>
On the topic about cameras, could CCTV cameras make great replacements for webcams?

>"What do you use for a webcam? You're in HD!"
>This box camera motherfucker right here!
>>
I have cameras someone broke into my car I watched the footage and saw some nigger breaking into my car he never returned my things
>>
>>68459844
I planted punji stakes in my flower bed.
>>
>>68463708
How much data does a system like you linked cost? What are vital areas to monitor?
>>
File: 1448603060107.jpg (159 KB, 620x330) Image search: [Google]
1448603060107.jpg
159 KB, 620x330
>>68464265
I've got these planted under all my windows and along the fences
>>
>>68464461

There is no data cost. It's recorded to a hard drive built into the recorder.

Cover what you care about. In my case, I have...

1. Full perimeter coverage outside.
2. Inside cameras covering all doors
3. Camera in the closet where I have my safes
4. 2 cameras on the driveway, 2 on the front yard, 2 on the back.
>>
File: GV20160322_213217.jpg (19 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
GV20160322_213217.jpg
19 KB, 480x270
Sure, Ubiquiti aircam
>>
>>68459844
Why do shitskins steal so much, /pol/?

What causes these shitskins to behave in such a degenerate manner?
>>
>>68459844
>I live in an extremely safe neighborhood full of Asians and whites.
and at least three mexicans
>>
>>68465042
>>68463708

I never got this. If you are going to the trouble of having cameras why have all the recordings on site.

The recorder is just going to be stolen too. Upload that shit somewhere.
>>
>>68460495
oh shit laws like that exist? damn
>>
>>68469339
>Full Definition of voyeur
>1 one obtaining sexual gratification from observing unsuspecting individuals who are partly undressed, naked, or engaged in sexual acts; broadly : one who habitually seeks sexual stimulation by visual means
>2 a prying observer who is usually seeking the sordid or the scandalous

Is it so hard to guess why?
>>
>>68461888
fellow alarm installer here, what brand do you use? I prefer DSC myself however I am familiar with Ademco/Honeywell, FBI, and some GE
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.